Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
935,101 - 935,120 of 1,084,878 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017780
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I had four generations of doctors in my family, unless I had personal experience being a doctor, I wouldn't presume to know anything about what it's like being a doctor or claim to know the nuances of working in the medical profession.
Same with you and your immediate family of educators.
However, you are presumptuous enough to tell a former teacher that you know more than they do about being a teacher and all of the nuances of working in the teaching profession when you've never experienced it personally and have no first-hand knowledge.
And you are perfectly cut out to be arrogant and obnoxious. Which is very sad and very bad.
More brainless gibberish. You left teaching in the early 1990's after spending less than a decade in a semi rural Florida district yet go on as though you were the commissioner of education. NCLB came on board in 2001, long after you left the profession__I guess that disqualifies your opinion?

I suspect your attitude in combination with your mouth made you very unpopular in the system and you walked away with a chip on your shoulder which you still carry.
Patriot

Louisville, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017781
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syria

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017785
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Republican guide to problem solving:
This is terrible, it'll never work, I quit, I told you so, we can't, oh my God!

Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:
Let's get busy and fix this, everyone relax, no need to panic, let's look at some possible solutions, quitting is for losers.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017786
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want the government to decide what your daughter's life is worth.
Funny from the " OMG OMG the government" crowd.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
No, I don't you insane partisan mental case.

How ironic you make that case about government control, yet you post here daily in support of government deciding who pays what amount and gets what type of insurance coverage for medical care.

A blind partisan like you simply dismisses anything that doesn't fit your Parties special interest group's agendas (in the case trial lawyers).

What I am against is "Ambulance Chasers" like your former presidential candidate John Edwards getting 33% of $25M.

Medical Malpractice is big business. If you didn't live on the Moon, you would see all the TV commercials where your Democrats in the Trial Lawyers Special Interest Groups advertise all day long trying to get people to file suit.

These same Democrat Lawyers we running unethical ads to the point where my state actually now makes these Democrat dirtbags submit copies of their advertisements and images of their websites to the state on a quarterly basis.

The Democrat politicians have a high percentage of lawyers.

You support dirtbags and are an uncompromising lunatic.

Now go back to posting your hyperbole, idiot.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017787
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Emeem wrote:
Republican guide to problem solving:
This is terrible, it'll never work, I quit, I told you so, we can't, oh my God!
Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:
Let's get busy and fix this, everyone relax, no need to panic, let's look at some possible solutions, quitting is for losers.
Your answer to being made a fool of on this Topix thread.

Stop using your real posting name and steal others names.

Dirtbag.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017789
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

It's Monday and, can't keep your doctor, and Liberals will throw rocks at this guy for telling...

"You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor
I had great cancer doctors and health insurance.My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I'll live."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
Bud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017790
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Emeem wrote:
Republican guide to problem solving:
This is terrible, it'll never work, I quit, I told you so, we can't, oh my God!
Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:
Let's get busy and fix this, everyone relax, no need to panic, let's look at some possible solutions, quitting is for losers.
Republican, Independent, Libertarian guide to problem solving:
Identify goal
Get the very best in respective field to submit plans
Get accurate estimate of cost of implementation
If feasible to sustain then enact procedure for accountability
Identify roadblocks and possible disruption to existing procedures
Hold impact hearings
Cut waste and make self sustaining funding
Open information to public
Organized rollout with functioning website
Real leaders with real accountability

Progressive liberal socialist guide to problem solving:
Kill the Tea Party
Kill Ted Cruz
Kill anyone with the last name Rand
Blame Bush
Engage all political cronies and put them in charge without any expertise in the areas they are in charge
No accountability
Spend 634 million on a website which doesn't work
Deny the website doesn't work and tell the public it does
Lie about cost of insurance policies
Lie about keeping existing policies and doctors
Lie, Lie and lie some more for good measure
PRETEND YOU KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING EVER(Obama)
Spend over 3.5 years selling a broken product

Got a clear picture?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017792
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play ancient history all you want Carol, but let's just cut to the chase and ask why the GOP has been wasting time and money attempting to repeal a law that was their idea in the first place?
The answer is easy. It's because Barack Obama signed it into law and they took a blood oath to obstruct anything that came out of his White House.
People like you are why our government is broken.

There was a time when the parties compromised up until the latest Obama administration took over.

For example, Bill Clinton & Welfare Reform, George Bush & Ted Kennedy on education, etc.

Now you on the left are just extremists.

How is Sweden doing, liar?

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017793
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican, Independent, Libertarian guide to problem solving:
Identify goal
Get the very best in respective field to submit plans
Get accurate estimate of cost of implementation
If feasible to sustain then enact procedure for accountability
Identify roadblocks and possible disruption to existing procedures
Hold impact hearings
Cut waste and make self sustaining funding
Open information to public
Organized rollout with functioning website
Real leaders with real accountability
Progressive liberal socialist guide to problem solving:
Kill the Tea Party
Kill Ted Cruz
Kill anyone with the last name Rand
Blame Bush
Engage all political cronies and put them in charge without any expertise in the areas they are in charge
No accountability
Spend 634 million on a website which doesn't work
Deny the website doesn't work and tell the public it does
Lie about cost of insurance policies
Lie about keeping existing policies and doctors
Lie, Lie and lie some more for good measure
PRETEND YOU KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING EVER(Obama)
Spend over 3.5 years selling a broken product
Got a clear picture?
Very funny, Bud.

Please identify the last time Republicans followed that guideline to pass any legislation.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017794
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican, Independent, Libertarian guide to problem solving:
Identify goal
Get the very best in respective field to submit plans
Get accurate estimate of cost of implementation
If feasible to sustain then enact procedure for accountability
Identify roadblocks and possible disruption to existing procedures
Hold impact hearings
Cut waste and make self sustaining funding
Open information to public
Organized rollout with functioning website
Real leaders with real accountability
Progressive liberal socialist guide to problem solving:
Kill the Tea Party
Kill Ted Cruz
Kill anyone with the last name Rand
Blame Bush
Engage all political cronies and put them in charge without any expertise in the areas they are in charge
No accountability
Spend 634 million on a website which doesn't work
Deny the website doesn't work and tell the public it does
Lie about cost of insurance policies
Lie about keeping existing policies and doctors
Lie, Lie and lie some more for good measure
PRETEND YOU KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING EVER(Obama)
Spend over 3.5 years selling a broken product
Got a clear picture?
That's some real funny chit Bu-ud.

But you left out conspiracy theories, Acorn, Saul, Bill, Valerie, the birth certificate and the college transcripts.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017795
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marco Rubio says patients won't be able to keep their doctors under Obamacare

Rubio said that for people who currently have health insurance, "They have a doctor they’ve been seeing for the last 15 or 20 years, they won’t be able to keep going to that doctor," due to Obamacare.

Rubio ignores the fact that without Obamacare, patients can lose access to their doctor when their employer switches plans or they switch (or lose) jobs.

Some patients who buy health insurance through the exchange could lose access to their current doctor, but it’s difficult to predict how many.

We rate this claim Mostly False.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017796
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

15 Myths The Media Should Ignore During Shutdown

http://www.drudge.com/news/172992/15-myths-me...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017797
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you are why our government is broken.
There was a time when the parties compromised up until the latest Obama administration took over.
For example, Bill Clinton & Welfare Reform, George Bush & Ted Kennedy on education, etc.
Now you on the left are just extremists.
How is Sweden doing, liar?
extremists....

GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robe...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017798
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

but when Obama acts like a conservative.....

Mike Rogers Defends Drone Killing Of Pakistani Taliban Leader

A U.S. lawmaker whose committee oversees the intelligence community on Sunday defended the drone strike that killed a Pakistani Taliban leader and said it would help keep American troops safe.

Representative Mike Rogers, who chairs the House of Representatives' permanent intelligence committee, said the slain militant, Hakimullah Mehsud, was a "bad guy" who was connected to attacks against Pakistani soldiers and to the Taliban in Afghanistan, which has forced closures of many schools for girls.

"This was a bad guy," Rogers said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "There's some information recently that concerned us about the safety of our troops. I feel a little better for our troops today than I did before this event happened."

Mehsud, who took over as the leader of the al Qaeda-linked Pakistani Taliban in 2009, was killed on Friday, along with three others, in a U.S. drone strike in northwest Pakistan.

The Pakistani government denounced the killing as an attempt by the United States to interfere with peace talks between Pakistan's government and the Taliban.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/mike...
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017799
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats hate the elders. They also hate black (remember Herman Cain) and women (remember Sarah Palin).
So why the elder hating socialist, "just take a pill", would defend the Social Security so much?
It is not about the elders but about a bigger and bigger social program and therefore a bigger government.
Yes, but the elders they won't be killing off, they are subsidizing. OK, so they are also subsidizing for illegal aliens, but what the heck.

A Thank You Letter to the Young People Who Voted for Obammy

You Millenials voted for Obama by a margin of 28 percent, which will make it a lot easier for me to accept the benefits you will be paying for. We warned you that liberalism was a scam designed to take the fruits of your labor and transfer it to us, the older, established generation. Oh, and also to the couch-dwelling, Democrat-voting losers who live off of food stamps and order junk from QVC with their Obamaphones.

You didn’t listen to us. Maybe you’ll listen to pain.

I have been told that being hard on you Millennials will turn you against conservatism, that I should offer you a positive, hopeful message that avoids the touchy problem of your manifest stupidity.

No. There’s no sugar-coating it – your votes for Democrats have ensured that you are the first generation in American history that will fail to exceed what their parents attained. Embracing liberalism was a stupid thing to do, done for the stupidest of reasons, and I will now let you subsidize my affluent lifestyle without a shred of guilt.

I’m a 48 year old trial lawyer living on the coast in California – I should have “Hope and Change” tattooed on my glutes. I’d have an excuse to be lib-curious, but you Millennials?

Why do you support an ideology that pillages you to pay-off Democrat constituencies? Your time in the indoctrination factories of academia trained you in a form of “critical thinking” that is neither.

Somehow, you came to embrace the bizarre notion that conservatives are psychotic Jesus freaks who want to Footloosisze America into a land of mandatory Sunday school and no dancing.

But liberals, in contrast, are nice. Obama is cool. You chose petty fascism with a smile. NOT A LOT OF THOUGHT WENT INTO IT (LOL).

Facts, evidence – these were mere distractions from the feelings-based validation that came from rejecting us wicked conservatives.

What did you get?

The chance to be forced to buy health insurance you don’t want at inflated rates so my rates can be lower.

You get to pay more out of your monthly barista take – liberalism ensured that the tanked job market foreclosed a real career – so that I get to pay less out of my lawyer checks.

Thanks, suckers.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017800
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't you insane partisan mental case.
How ironic you make that case about government control, yet you post here daily in support of government deciding who pays what amount and gets what type of insurance coverage for medical care.
A blind partisan like you simply dismisses anything that doesn't fit your Parties special interest group's agendas (in the case trial lawyers).
What I am against is "Ambulance Chasers" like your former presidential candidate John Edwards getting 33% of $25M.
Medical Malpractice is big business. If you didn't live on the Moon, you would see all the TV commercials where your Democrats in the Trial Lawyers Special Interest Groups advertise all day long trying to get people to file suit.
These same Democrat Lawyers we running unethical ads to the point where my state actually now makes these Democrat dirtbags submit copies of their advertisements and images of their websites to the state on a quarterly basis.
The Democrat politicians have a high percentage of lawyers.
You support dirtbags and are an uncompromising lunatic.
Now go back to posting your hyperbole, idiot.
So now you are against the feee market & free speech?

Who decides whether it is a ambulance chaser case or real case?

My point is that Republicans insist on caps.

Some states have adopted methods that have reduced the number of cases without installing caps.

And finally, I have news, there are just as many Republican unethical, ambulance chaser layers that evidently you approve of.

One state only permits medical experts to testify that have actually be practicing medicine in the scope of the case.

I just read an article where coal companies found a doctor that will never find black lung on an x-ray or MRI to deny claims by miners. They keep paying him (above the industry standard) & he keeps giving them what they want.

It goes both ways.

We do need tort reform but it will never happen as long as Republicans insist on caps.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017801
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Emeem wrote:
Republican guide to problem solving:
This is terrible, it'll never work, I quit, I told you so, we can't, oh my God!
Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:
Let's get busy and fix this, everyone relax, no need to panic, let's look at some possible solutions, quitting is for losers.
Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:

"let's hire a bunch of retarded, unemployable chimps that cant tie their own shoe laces to staff a new government boondoggle. Since we cant fund it, let's steal the money from someone who was successful".
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017802
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
extremists....
GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robe...
It'll never catch up to the real anti-Bush campaign conducted by the main stream media who are usually libs.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017803
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real funny chit Bu-ud.
But you left out conspiracy theories, Acorn, Saul, Bill, Valerie, the birth certificate and the college transcripts.
Naw, all those smelly dark turds flush down the same toilet bowl.....

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017804
Nov 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They would pay for it through taxation.
The fact s that if we went to a single payor system, it would be less money that what we spend now.
You fucknuts keep wanting to hand corporations money. What if they had no health insurance benefit costs?
Every socialist entitlement dream -- whether it's in China, Venezuela, Argentina or even Fascist-style systems like Nazi Germany -- always end in violent collapse and mass slaughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 10 min andet1987 485
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min TRD 68,104
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min Terry rigsby 49,032
Ask Amy 8-1-14 38 min loose cannon 17
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Ghhh 68,457
Abby 8-1-14 1 hr Cass 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••