Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1017957 Nov 4, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Obammy wasn't telling lies, over and over and over. It was part of The Obammy Doctrine: "Duh, I didn't know because no one told me."
And the Bush years, now known as The Good Old Days.
in 2010:
UPDATE 1-Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state
Obama invokes Bush to attack Republicans
Mon, Aug 2 2010
* Obama hammers Bush's "disastrous" economic policies
By Ross Colvin
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug 9 (Reuters)- President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in Nov. 2 U.S. congressional elections.
At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.
Obama defended his repeated references to Bush's policies, saying they were necessary to remind Americans of the weak economy he inherited from Bush in January 2009."
"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president."
And then Obammy brought prosperity to the US, not seen since it was rescued from Jimmy Carter.
Oh wait, he didn't.
LYING Maniac O'bama.
'If he wasn't the president, he'd be in jail or in a sanitarium':)

Prevented this

#1017958 Nov 4, 2013
WOW wrote:
Van Jones: Obama Will Pay Price On Health Care Promises
Van Jones feels the president was trying to “do too much” with that Obamacare website and will pay for reneging on promises.
According to Yahoo!:
This morning on “This Week,” Crossfire co-host Van Jones, a former Obama administration official, said the president would “pay a price,” for reversing course on his now famous promise that those Americans who like their plans could keep them if them if they wished under Obamacare.
“”And he overpromised. And he will, listen, he will pay a price.‘Mission accomplished,’ you pay a price.‘No new taxes,’ you pay a price.‘You keep your plan,’ you pay a price,” Jones said.
During his appearance on the “This Week,” roundtable Jones also tweaked the Obama administration for being too ambitious with Healthcare.gov , which has been plagued by problems since its launch last month.
“First of all, they tried to do too much on this website, you could just have the website where you allow people to shop and then they could just call in, I mean, they tried to do too much and I think part of it was because it was a central thing they did, they tried to do too much,” he said.
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer, who appeared on “This Week,” defended the president.
“If the president didn’t intend to keep this promise, why would he have gone out of his way to put a provision in the law that specifically says that if you have a plan before Obamacare passed, you can keep that plan,” he asked.
Jones also took the Republicans to task for what he described as hypocritical behavior.
“It is amazing to me now to see the Republican party now become the party of Ralph Nader. They’re the biggest consumer protection operation in the world now but 6 months ago, we had people who were getting these same cancellation notices and the Republican party was silent,” Jones said.
Over promised??? is this the communist term for LIED? The liberals always say they have 'challenges' too...they are f*ck ups for everyone else.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1017959 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He mentioned it again today Melvin. WHKT 1650 am Portsmouth Va. Randie Rhoades is a drunk who stole the name of one of the best guitar players who ever lived. Miller I don't know a Miller unless you are talking about Dennis and we don't get either here. We did at one time but not anymore.
Who mentioned it? Where's his bio? I don't know Rhodes personally, so I have no clue as to her alcohol consumption. I was talking about Stephanie Miller; I've heard that Dennis Miller used to be funny on SNL, but I've never seen that...whatever, if you can't give a source that can be verified then you haven't done any proper research...I "heard" someone on television say that people from West Virginia had the lowest IQ's per capita of all fifty states, proven?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1017960 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It most certainly is.
OK tell me. What difference does t make to the family the will received the subsidy where the funding came from?

Is that $4300 worth different values depending on the funding source?

I can't wait for this one. Will it be "Corporations don't pay taxes", "employees pay the employer payroll taxes" or will have a new theory?

Chambersburg, PA

#1017961 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> hget informerd ??? NO THANK YOU!
It's called a typo, get over it.

But I knew you would say "No Thank You" to becoming informed. Why change now in your old age?

Prevented this

#1017962 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
deficit is down. more jobs created than Bush. no new off the books wars. no new unfunded programs.
GW Bush was always considered the leader of the Free World during his two terms. With O'bama as president, Putin is considered the leader of the Free World. How did this happen?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1017963 Nov 4, 2013
guest wrote:
The left can be put into two groups; Liars or suckers. Just look at Obamacare, there were the liars who promoted the the scam and the suckers who believed it would be true based on nothing except what the liars told them.
HA HA HA HA LOL....

GET A CO-PAY CARD LOSER!

HEALTHCARE.GOV

Republicans? <--- Just awful conduct.

A phony fake gov shutdown cost the economy BILLIONS!

Shameful conduct!

Republicans: lowest scum on earth.

Hey Mitt! OBAMACARE KICKED YOUR AZZZZZ!

The majority of voters spoke LOUDLY:

"We can't stand Republican greedy liars, low down scum!"

These greedy azzzzzholes cut food for poor kids!

Shamefull!

Republicans: against medical insurance for families?

JUST GAWD AWFUL CONDUCT! VOTE EM OUT! FOREVER.

HEY LIAR!

OBAMACARE: provided by Blue Cross co-pay cards!

Great outfit! Every State now! LOL! Loser.

Chambersburg, PA

#1017964 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>did you ever think, while you were growing up in the United States of America, you would eventually call half of the Americans terrorists?
When they threaten to harm this country to get their way & then go through with it costing our economy 24 billion dollars, then I guess its true.

When Is the car thief Issa going to hold hearings on Cruz & Boehner stealing 24 billion from our economy?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1017965 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK tell me. What difference does t make to the family the will received the subsidy where the funding came from?
Is that $4300 worth different values depending on the funding source?
I can't wait for this one. Will it be "Corporations don't pay taxes", "employees pay the employer payroll taxes" or will have a new theory?
If they didn't get the subsidy (taxpayer money) they couldn't afford the plan. If they understate their income they, not the insurance company, will fave to pay back the difference. Something that could be a major problem for the self employed and small businesses. By the way how much was the deductible? You didn't say. This train wreck is a disaster.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1017966 Nov 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Who mentioned it? Where's his bio? I don't know Rhodes personally, so I have no clue as to her alcohol consumption. I was talking about Stephanie Miller; I've heard that Dennis Miller used to be funny on SNL, but I've never seen that...whatever, if you can't give a source that can be verified then you haven't done any proper research...I "heard" someone on television say that people from West Virginia had the lowest IQ's per capita of all fifty states, proven?
Randi Rhodes is heard here; she is one of the smartest radio commentators on progressive radio.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1017967 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>GW Bush was always considered the leader of the Free World during his two terms. With O'bama as president, Putin is considered the leader of the Free World. How did this happen?
Cons changed their loyalty to communism...
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1017968 Nov 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaa! Rubios constituents are all on Medicaid! He's an idiot.
Everyone can't be like you ... on vodka. You're an inebriated idiot.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1017969 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
down in flames....40 times. er, 41.
LOL
Wrongo! That was Congress. Now the American people get to vote and they are. A resounding no thank you!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017970 Nov 4, 2013
WOW wrote:
Van Jones: Obama Will Pay Price On Health Care Promises
Van Jones feels the president was trying to “do too much” with that Obamacare website and will pay for reneging on promises.
According to Yahoo!:
This morning on “This Week,” Crossfire co-host Van Jones, a former Obama administration official, said the president would “pay a price,” for reversing course on his now famous promise that those Americans who like their plans could keep them if them if they wished under Obamacare.
“”And he overpromised. And he will, listen, he will pay a price.‘Mission accomplished,’ you pay a price.‘No new taxes,’ you pay a price.‘You keep your plan,’ you pay a price,” Jones said.
During his appearance on the “This Week,” roundtable Jones also tweaked the Obama administration for being too ambitious with Healthcare.gov , which has been plagued by problems since its launch last month.
“First of all, they tried to do too much on this website, you could just have the website where you allow people to shop and then they could just call in, I mean, they tried to do too much and I think part of it was because it was a central thing they did, they tried to do too much,” he said.
White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer, who appeared on “This Week,” defended the president.
“If the president didn’t intend to keep this promise, why would he have gone out of his way to put a provision in the law that specifically says that if you have a plan before Obamacare passed, you can keep that plan,” he asked.
Jones also took the Republicans to task for what he described as hypocritical behavior.
“It is amazing to me now to see the Republican party now become the party of Ralph Nader. They’re the biggest consumer protection operation in the world now but 6 months ago, we had people who were getting these same cancellation notices and the Republican party was silent,” Jones said.
much like in 2008 when republicans paid the price for the Iraq war?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017971 Nov 4, 2013
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R) said he's "appalled" with the way his party led the opposition to the Affordable Care Act prior to the law's problematic rollout.

“The more we dig into it, I’m sort of appalled that the Republican Party … didn’t explain more carefully the things we already know about Obamacare, when we could’ve kept the president on defense the whole fall campaign,” Gingrich told Politico in an interview published Monday.“I think we didn’t do our job as an opposition party and the press didn’t do its job."

Although Obamacare figured prominently in last year's election and the GOP-controlled House has voted to repeal it more than 40 times, Gingrich is just the latest Republican to argue that the law hasn't been properly debated.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/newt-gi...
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1017972 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I have a feeling that it will soon be revealed that the ACA online system was hacked by rightwing terrorists.
It's the vodka, Stupid!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1017973 Nov 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Randi Rhodes is heard here; she is one of the smartest radio commentators on progressive radio.
Figures you would like her. She is a drunk who hasn't had an original thought in her life.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1017974 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He mentioned it again today Melvin. WHKT 1650 am Portsmouth Va. Randie Rhoades is a drunk who stole the name of one of the best guitar players who ever lived. Miller I don't know a Miller unless you are talking about Dennis and we don't get either here. We did at one time but not anymore.
Stephanie Miller and Randi Rhodes are two of the smartest radio hosts on progressive radio.

You rightwingers call everyone a drunk that you disagree with; you think it means something. It doesn't, besides that you are ignorant.
The only people on in the morning are rightwingnuts; I suppose it varies where you live, but Rush is on all afternoon most places

Prevented this

#1017975 Nov 4, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Republican guide to problem solving:
This is terrible, it'll never work, I quit, I told you so, we can't, oh my God!
Progressive Democrats guide to problem solving:
Let's get busy and fix this, everyone relax, no need to panic, let's look at some possible solutions, quitting is for losers.
For a cancer patient, medical coverage is a matter of life and death. Take away people's ability to control their medical-coverage choices and they may die. I guess that's a highly effective way to control medical costs. Perhaps that's the point.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

The whole O'bamacare thing is a lie, a scam, a big rip-off--under the guise of democrats c-a-r-e. They don't-they never have-they never will. The democrats care about one thing--vote for them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1017976 Nov 4, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you believe pays for the obscene cost of emergency room service?
Your simplistic logic only works in your fantasy world.
The same people who will pay for ObamaKare, moron. ObamaKare is nothing more than a Marxist agenda to put the government in the position of controlling everyone. The same people who paid for the free emergency room care will be paying for the expanded coverage in ObamaKare. The same people getting emeergency room care free will be getting the expanded coverage in ObamaKare free.
The difference between before and after ObamaKare is, the people paying will have to pay more and get less, and the government gains control of deciding when any person should die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 12-19 3 min Sublime1 6
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 15 min not a ghost 357
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Mandela 71,007
Word (Dec '08) 18 min not a ghost 4,793
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 19 min not a ghost 717
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 22 min not a ghost 389
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min Mister Tonka 98,840
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min jacques Ottawau 181,784
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:39 am PST

NBC Sports 3:39AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears