Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1482623 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1018494 Nov 4, 2013
finca09 wrote:
It does not matter what wrongs are committed by obama and the left. Liberals will defend their actions and will go diwn with the ship. I have tried to explain it to old school demos and show them the truth wright there in front of their faces such as cylindra, Bengazi, fast and furious, the lie about healthcare and keeping your insurance, the fact that liberals are anti God, pro abortion, duped by Gore on global warming, Obamas past drug use, his hatred for our Nationa Anthem, not putting his hand on his heart while it was being showcased. The anti American president still gets support from media no matter what..lol. Its comical how weak our media is, bunch of spineless obama bots. We need true leadership , really. God please help my country.
“Equal under the Law” is the only true equality, but that would mean everyone must compete and the Liberal screams and squirms when they hear that word. They scream because they are the retards of society...the idiots, and the circus of monkeys.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018495 Nov 4, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Trying to clean up Oblama's lies::
Lawmakers push to keep Obama's health care pledge
Associated Press By DAVID ESPO
4 hours ago
WASHINGTON (AP)— Little more than a week after millions of consumers received health care cancellation notices, lawmakers in both parties are pushing legislation to redeem President Barack Obama's long-ago pledge that anyone liking their coverage will be allowed to keep it under the nation's controversial new law.
The result is a stern new challenge for the White House as it struggles to fix website woes for the signup portal for those seeking to enroll under the law, and simultaneously copes with angry consumers who rightly or wrongly blame "Obamacare" for cancellation letters mailed by insurers.
Oblamakare was so ill conceived it's laughable, except to those it will hurt.
any Republicans who attempt to bail out the turkey should be run out of town...

let it stand or fall as is....

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1018496 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Have Grown To Hate America As Much As They Hate President Obama
There is a popular saying that Republicans hate President Obama more than they love America, and although Republicans hate the President with extreme prejudice, they hate Americans with the same intensity as they do the President. If any American does not believe it, let them cite one demographic that has not been adversely affected by Republicans, or one thing they have done to help the people. It is time for Americans to face a sad truth and that is if they are people of color, women, senior citizens, middle class, children, Christian, Veterans, or poor they are under assault in the Republican war on Americans.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/republ...
O'bamaliarcare is the greatest intrusion into the private lives of Americans in our history. And you might recall Thomas Jefferson wrote a little document detailing the intrusive nature of government, which established the United States of America.

The only people being assaulted are the Americans that believe the government owes them their life style. Democrats hate personal responsibility, get these losers off their dead asses.
Too Vague

Meridian, MS

#1018497 Nov 4, 2013
Another one...

CNN.com : "Shooter on the loose at New Jersey mall"

Quote:
(CNN)-- A shooter opened fire at a New Jersey mall late Monday, sending panic through the shopping center and igniting a massive police response.

The gunman inside "Westfield Garden State Plaza Mall" in Paramus, New Jersey, has not yet been found during a sweep of the shopping center by Bergen County SWAT, said county Chief of Staff Jeanne Baratta.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/04/us/new-jersey-m...

Westfield? Hmmm....

Wikipedia: Westfield Garden State Plaza Mall

Quote:
Westfield Garden State Plaza is an upscale shopping mall located in Paramus, owned and managed by the "Westfield Group" and located at the intersection of Route 4 and Route 17 near the Garden State Parkway. With 2,118,718 sq ft (196,835.3 m2) of leasable space,[2][3] it is the largest mall in New Jersey, the third-largest mall in the New York City Metropolitan Area, and one of the highest revenue producing malls in the United States. Its department store anchors are J.C. Penney, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.[2] It was the first large scale shopping mall in New Jersey.

Read more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfield_Gard...

"Westfield Group" = "Jewish owned"

Remember the "Westgate Mall" massacre in Kenya? "Westfield"....

Israel, Israel, Israel.....
LCNLin

United States

#1018498 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
any Republicans who attempt to bail out the turkey should be run out of town...
let it stand or fall as is....
midnight meltdown
LOL

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1018499 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is betting on the here and now instead of some pie in the sky...
Why? The here and now is so fleeting. Not to mention the challenges and trials. It could be here and gone tomorrow.

Orlando, FL

#1018500 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>As Jews we do not believe that it is heaven on earth either in more simple terms.
Think I understand now.

Orlando, FL

#1018501 Nov 4, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the "LAST" person on earth that should be talking about the morals of a "teacher".
A nasty person like you is the last person on earth I would want my kids with.
Can you believe Lily said that to me?

Especially when even the NEA knows why teachers are leaving the profession en masse?

Because "workplace conditions are sometimes so surreal they make leaving the profession seem like their best or only option."

And "the National Center for Education Statistics outlined a series of reasons why the numbers are swelling"?

And "what they're hearing from educators is disheartening"?

http://www.nea.org/home/12630.htm

Lily is making it too easy for me to feel sorry for her.

Orlando, FL

#1018502 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no wonder she quit spending every waking hour hyping FOX talking points.
Don't start my new part-time job until next week.

But good news. The liberal media is providing the same talking points as Fox these days.

They finally woke up so you can too.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#1018503 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I understand now.
Albuquerque is a turkey.

Orlando, FL

#1018504 Nov 4, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Winds of change, as natural as can be, is being demonstrated by our leadership state on politics, California.
Oh how they emulated our nation with partisan paralysis and government dysfunction. A place where runaway deficits, gridlocked budgets and voter initiatives suppressed.
Slashed by the power of their legislators. Circuses of recalls sprang up and climaxing with recalling a governor with but 10 months in his second term.
Presently California has once again taken the lead of leadership.
Celebrating with parades of bill signings that were never the norm before are becoming common place. Sharp difference from the National political agenda, that have so much difficulty in addressing any issue and finding a solution.
California is now the acrimony of our national shameful dysfunctional congress. California has moved on school financing, immigrations, gun control, and abortions. California has moved on to new frontiers of political problems as they arise
Striking a tone for fiscal issues and productivity moderation under a one party rule of the democrats. Only 3 years ago a republican governor held power. Presently the republicans have been dismissed to a point of irrelevance. House, Senate and Executive branches are now completely under democrat control.
Sacramento is presently demonstrating the benefits of on party rule under democratic rule. Eliminating partisanship rule they have republicans now voting on immigration reforms ! Democrats voting for streamlining environmental regulations ! Something unheard of before, as stated by Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California. How you may ask?
Nonpartisan commission drew the lines for districts voters representations. No longer under the biases of a calculating political party.
Voters approved of removing stringent term limits on their representatives and senators. Increasing experienced lawmakers who are not always ruling with their eyes on the horizon for the next election cycle. Adding experienced politics with focused senators and representatives.… Results..
Republican Anthony Cannella co-sponsored a bill with Democrat Governor Brown on permitting unauthorized immigrants to obtain drivers licenses. Stating that he is no longer stringently held to the republican base, as a result of the independent nonpartisan commission drawing the lines for district voters.“It’s given more courage to my Republican colleagues,” he said.“They were afraid of getting primaries. Now, it’s not just their base they have to appeal to.”
Adam Mendelsohn a senior republican advisor championed the ballot changes.
“It gives Republicans the chance to break from their caucus on certain issues,” he said.“It is very different than it was four or five years ago.”
Democrats are also feeling the changes. J. Stephen Peace head of Independent Voters sites an example; “Look at the Chamber of Commerce job kills list — every measure on it was defeated except the increase in the minimum wage.”
Kathy Feng executive director of Common Cause analysis ; “They have already started to create a more functional Legislature ”“In light of the shutdown on the federal level, what happened in California has provided even more of a contrast.”
Sam Blakeslee {R} head of the California Reform Institute ; “We can already see that these reforms are improving the function of the Legislature and forcing people to come out of their partisan boxes and talk to the broader electorate,”“We’re seeing, almost against the odds, a more centrist Legislature, at least when it comes to jobs and budget issues.”
Once again California has discovered the political leadership to eradicate us from the dysfunctional by partisan party ideology that plagues this nation.“As California goes, so does the nation”….
California is circling the drain.

And businesses are moving to Texas.

Orlando, FL

#1018505 Nov 4, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Looking for a job? Educate yourself and get one. Its easy as pie.
As I predicted. Columbus Ohio is the first to publicly announce the growing gap of Primary Care Physicians. Obamacare has stimulated an employment scenario. New uninsured patients requiring primary care will be flooding the markets as they become insured on January 1st 2014. Demand for Primary Care Physicians will be in ever increasing demand, as well as all of the orbiting fields that support primary care.{Nurses, medical assistance, administrators, Maintenance personnel etc., etc.} Emergency Rooms {ER’s} will start to lose their primary care patients to “Private Primary Care Physicians”. Relieving the burden of financially costly primary care status to their ER’s. Reducing cost of Health Care.
This will take years to fill in this gap. The “Association of American Medical Colleges” estimates that within 2 years there will be a shortage of 33,000 Primary Care Physicians to rise up to 66,000 within a decade. Imagine how many will be required in the orbiting fields , that supports private Primary Care Physicians. Looking for a job?
Now doctors will start to organize their patient loads to what each one is comfortable with. Some will use retainer fee’s for the more affluent, returning us to the good old days of doctors making house calls. Suppressing waiting time for patients in their waiting rooms. Increasing an atmosphere for quality time for the one on one doctor patient scenario’s. Suppressing the unnecessary medical test , as the doctor will be more familiar with their patients. Decreasing the HMO’s intrusive bureaucratic death panel decisions. Decreasing cost to Health Care.
New York is throwing $Millions on the problem, Texas has approved for two Medical schools to provide Primary Care Physicians and Florida has extended the authority of their optometrist to prescribe additional medications, related to their fields.
Nevada is the lowest per capita for efforts to close the Primary Care Physician gap followed by Mississippi, Utah, Texas and Idaho, according to the Association Of Medical Colleges.
Presently Primary Care Resident Doctors are overwhelmed with hundreds of offers to choose from. If you don’t have a Primary Care Physician, suggest you make haste to acquire one before they close their doors to new patients.
Obamacare will provide millions of jobs and lower Health cost at greater quality.
Republicans desire the old truly tested failure of the past on this Health Care system. Promoting insurance monopolies with their ever increasing cost and dwindling quality care.
Harvard in 2009 did a study on our nations health care system. Discovered we were losing 45,000 citizens per year simply due to lack of primary care health. Ah but that’s the republican way. Lower the surplus population. Bah Humbug I say to them…
Boy, you sure go out of your way to try and convince yourself you haven't been lied to and duped by your own party.

But keep posting whatever it is you need to keep telling yourself.

Orlando, FL

#1018506 Nov 4, 2013
Sure hope Lily reads this.

Unfortunately, those who hold the keys to power in school reform are by and large those who are far removed from the realities of classroom teaching.

Teachers cannot help but feel that they ended up at the bottom of the food chain. Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naive indifference to its practicality at the classroom level. State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day.

Just as current legislation and education policies have had a negative impact on teachers, the departure of teachers will have a negative impact on our children.

And, as more and more of them choose to resign, their letters will take various forms, but the underlying message will be the same:“Enough, I’m outta here!”

http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20...

Think those were my exact words. Or at least my exact sentiment.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018507 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
California is circling the drain.
And businesses are moving to Texas.
Actually, that's you spinning around inside your own toilet and thinking the rest of the world is going downhill.

Bon voyage, GOP mental midget.
Mr Lib

United States

#1018508 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Unfortunately, those who hold the keys to power in school reform are by and large those who are far removed from the realities of classroom teaching.
Teachers cannot help but feel that they ended up at the bottom of the food chain. Politicians who have never taught a child in their life enact legislation with naive indifference to its practicality at the classroom level. State and district administrators then implement the legislation with callous disregard for its negative impact on those who face flesh-and-blood children in the classroom each day.
Just as current legislation and education policies have had a negative impact on teachers, the departure of teachers will have a negative impact on our children.
And, as more and more of them choose to resign, their letters will take various forms, but the underlying message will be the same:“Enough, I’m outta here!”
Most teachers are Democrats. And the political idiots who cut school budgets and set unrealistic standards tend to be Republican.

Figures.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018509 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
very few teachers ever quit the best job they could ever hope to have...
Mr Lib

United States

#1018510 Nov 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you sure go out of your way to try and convince yourself you haven't been lied to and duped by your own party.
Still think Bush told the truth about Iraqi WMDs?

Still think "trickle down" eocnomics actually works?

If you want "deluded", I suggest you check out your bathroom mirror.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1018511 Nov 4, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Most teachers are Democrats. And the political idiots who cut school budgets and set unrealistic standards tend to be Republican.
Figures.
agreed...all those upper middle class teachers are DemoKKKrats...and the "political idiots" who run the schools in all our major urban centers are all Republicans...

idiot...
Mr Lib

United States

#1018512 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Historically and culturally speaking we used to view the slothful lazy as the sinful. Nowadays, getting your money for nothing and your check for free is seen as a right; and people actually revel in what used to be a shame. Look at you, you are a sloth, a lazy piece of liberalism.
Attacking the poor is such an ugly GOP trait.

Orlando, FL

#1018514 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
very few teachers ever quit the best job they could ever hope to have...
Only someone who has never been in the teaching profession would think that.

"According to the National Education Association, there is a national shortage of teachers. The NEA reported that 20% of newly hired teachers leave the classroom within the first three years of teaching. In urban areas, the numbers are closer to 50%.

"According to The National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future, the number of teachers leaving the classroom was increasing faster than they could be replaced."

http://www.nova.edu/ssss/QR/QR13-1/gonzalez.p...

Some of the best teachers I worked with wanted out.

Why would you even think that anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Just Think 234,390
please help us 29 min Marshall Stratford 26
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 1 hr Historical Events 18
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,177
Climate Change References, Deleted From WH Webs... 8 hr YES there is a GOD 4
Are democrats destroyed? 9 hr Where is my love ... 248
last post wins! (Dec '10) 9 hr honeymylove 2,907

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages