Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1017859 Nov 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More brainless gibberish. You left teaching in the early 1990's after spending less than a decade in a semi rural Florida district yet go on as though you were the commissioner of education. NCLB came on board in 2001, long after you left the profession__I guess that disqualifies your opinion?
I suspect your attitude in combination with your mouth made you very unpopular in the system and you walked away with a chip on your shoulder which you still carry.
Remember when her daughter was selected for City Year? In Brooklyn?
LOL! That's when she became an expert.
City Year; a Democratic program.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017860 Nov 4, 2013
E.W. Jackson Has Been an Unmitigated Disaster for the Virginia GOP

There’s no question that the far-right candidate will lose in a landslide. Jackson’s not a candidate as much as he is a sideshow, an example of the base-driven politics that has crippled Virginia’s Republican Party in the general election.

To wit, here’s a short round-up of Jackson’s statements and positions in just the last week of the campaign. On guns, Jackson says,“Every person who has a concealed weapons permit and was trained to use a firearm…should be allowed to bring that firearm to school.” On rights for gay and lesbian Americans, he says,“How in the world can we expect our military to be blessed by the hand of almighty God if we allow our military to become the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah? God is not pleased.” On the right-wing grassroots, he says,“It was God’s plan to beget the Tea Party.” And on the question of education, he says Obama will “force schools to start teaching all children homosexuality.”

Cuccinelli has worked hard to avoid any association with Jackson; of all the events the attorney general held over the weekend, none featured the conservative clergyman and anti-gay activist. The irony, of course, is that Jackson’s candidacy is the direct result of Cuccinelli’s decision to push for a convention as opposed to a primary. Given his strong support among rank-and-file Republicans, odds are good that Cuccinelli would have won a primary for the Republican gubernatorial nomination. And he would have walked away from the contest with a sensible nominee; Jackson, as his sparsely attended events and low fundraising attest, is a niche product for a handful of voters. In a fair election against a capable opponent, he would have fallen far short of victory. As it stands, Jackson is now one of the faces of the Virginia GOP, and his presence on the ticket has been an unmitigated disaster.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

Like Cain or West, Jackson’s career—and income—is earned with outrageous statements about government, Obama, and other African-Americans.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1017861 Nov 4, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>But, if you like your insurance you can keep it. Period.
That's true for me; what happened with yours?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1017862 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i seem to remember some of you trying to lay the blame for a failed war back onto the Dems in Congress who voted for it.
so that wasn't about killing muslims?
the whole libs love muslims myth is a full crock of shyte.
I think GW Bush was a genius. If we were able to maintain a presence in Iraq that had been planned all along-the middle east would have stabilized-we would have been there for years-we would have been able to stablize the entire country and the Middle East. But the ignorance of O'bama and his negotiating skills were null and void. Iraq is a killing field because of O'bama. That would have never happened under a Republican president.

Prevented this

#1017864 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
Democrats on 'Morning Joe' throw Obama under the bus! Got to love it when a plan comes together!
LOL-it only is right-Kathleen Sebelius has been speaking from under the bus. O'bama should join her.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017865 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Jeffery Burns
Dr. Sol Brachii
Dr. Emmet Smith
Dr. Olay Fresia
Dr. Michael Moore
Dr. John Williams
Dr. Mohammed Syria
Dr. Robert Ingalls.
I don't have time to list all of them.
here's one more. Dr. Burat Yosengia.
sigh

i give up.

Citation

Broadly, a citation is a reference to a published or unpublished source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citation

it's the only way i roll.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1017866 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell it to Emeem and Lily. They seem to not have figured it out yet. Radio announcer here in the area just found out he will have to pay $25,000 a year before he gets any benefit from the insurance. LMAO!!!! You sheeple are a laugh a minute!!!!!
You really have to cite that source, flack. I'm not saying I doubt your veracity, but I've become confident that your gullibility knows no bounds.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1017867 Nov 4, 2013
Brit Hume: "This bill was passed to insure the uninsured. What's happening however is the insured are becoming uninsured".

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1017869 Nov 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That's true for me; what happened with yours?
Up to 93 million employer based insured Americans will lose their health insurance next year. You sure about that?

Prevented this

#1017870 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no correlation between what you claim & anyone getting cancer.
When the Polio vaccines came out, they were tested OK because the virus you keep harping about was not discovered until 1960.
Once discovered, vaccines were changed, If fact, most went to the oral vaccine.
You act as though the government did it on purpose. Like they were supposed to remove a virus they never knew existed.
Then you f*cking morons take a statement made out of context & run screaming through the streets "OMG OMG the government purposefully gave us cancer!!! OMG OMG OMG"
You are dumber than sh*t.
Admit it dumb dave, the CDC is incompetent. The government was incompetent and you are incompetent. The information regarding SV40 contamination has been widely known for years. The question here is: why has the CDC decided to nix pages dealing with this blatantly obvious (possibly intentional?) snafu at the hands of the U.S. government? The vaccine was discovered to contain the monkey cancer virus in 1960, but the “existing polio vaccine stocks were not recalled and were used until 1963,” meaning the CDC was, for a period, consciously dispersing vaccines known to have a possible link to cancer, including to tens of millions of people in other countries, such as the UK, Australia, and the former Soviet Union. Why would you stick up for the government mistakes. Do you like liberal eugenics?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017871 Nov 4, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I think GW Bush was a genius. If we were able to maintain a presence in Iraq that had been planned all along-the middle east would have stabilized-we would have been there for years-we would have been able to stablize the entire country and the Middle East. But the ignorance of O'bama and his negotiating skills were null and void. Iraq is a killing field because of O'bama. That would have never happened under a Republican president.
lol

Obama Takes Credit For Bush’s Iraq Withdrawal Timeline

http://www.rightwingnews.com/iraq/obama-takes...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1017872 Nov 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Sarvis

Blah Blah Blah

The penalties for being uninsured start at $95 per year, but the penalties can't be collected by the IRS if a person does not have a tax refund to attach.
The out of pocket costs required by Obamacare's Silver Plan for a non-smoking mother and father with two children making a gross before income taxes of $50,000 (roughly average salary for VA) would be $13,765 per year including the deductible of $10,400. That's 28% of their gross income -- not very affordable and about the same as guidelines for a mortgage payment. For such a family making $100,000 of gross income, The cost would be $21,431 including the deductible of $12,700, or 21% of gross income.
Blah Blah Blahblah blah
Democrats in Virginia will drive up health care costs, drive doctors out of the state, and then drive health care costs up even more because there will not be enough doctors practicing in the state
Funny thing.

I used the Kaiser calculator, plugged in Flackville's zip code, 50K & a family of 4 with two kids at home.

Silver plan costs:$8339.00 / Yr less $4973.00 subsidy.

WYTF, Flack? Your guy said premiums were $13765 & ignored the subsidy.

And, of course, you believe that lying sack of sh*t.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1017873 Nov 4, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
fundamental principles of liberty never change....
"Political interest [can] never be separated in the long run from moral right" Thomas Jefferson

Prevented this

#1017874 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
come on man/horse, answer the call!
Only liberals will answer O'bama and his care: Get on the train Sonic.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1017875 Nov 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You really have to cite that source, flack. I'm not saying I doubt your veracity, but I've become confident that your gullibility knows no bounds.
(applause)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1017876 Nov 4, 2013
Just a friendly reminder...

Better get your eyes fixed...

"...Families were killed, educated people, those wearing glasses, people sympathetic towards their family—everyone was killed no matter the ethnicity..."

http://www.roch.edu/course/doors2cambodia/cam...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1017877 Nov 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You really have to cite that source, flack. I'm not saying I doubt your veracity, but I've become confident that your gullibility knows no bounds.
What part of 'radio' don't you understand? It's the same morning guy I have listened to since he took over the the old guy. He's 55, married, with a wife and 9 year old boy. He is pissed! He liked the plan he had before it was deemed illegal under Obamacare.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1017878 Nov 4, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
You're boring. But your mom is a blast, tell her thanks for the Blumpkin
Really? High school taunts? Watch out, your babysitter might enter the room and find you on your dad's computer.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1017879 Nov 4, 2013
HOW SWEET IT IS….Watching Liberals trying to blame others for Obama’s Lies!!

Prevented this

#1017880 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
5 billion set aside? cite it.
and i will not give you my email address so you can send me a right wing chain email. and anyway, my spam filter wouldn't let it through.
btw...the only free healthcare that illegals get is thanks to St. Ronnie. who if i remember correctly was a Republican.
and all those taxes we pay to fund state and county hospitals--isn't that correct? so according to you we didn't need O'bamacare...thanks for clarifying...everyone was able to get care. See how you libs eventually slip up and tell the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 min Red_Forman 863
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques in Orleans 187,369
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Mothra 52,867
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,712
Did the dems forget this B4 marching, recently? 3 hr Mr-conner 1
Where can I rent private proxies for web scraping? (Aug '12) 4 hr Carl 8
abby 4-26 10 hr Mister Tonka 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]