Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396356 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1017679 Nov 3, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Good old dead white males, where would we be without them?
Hard to imagine what calamities would have befallen this land had Jesse Sharptons and Magic Negros been running things during the Revolutionary period in America.

We are only now getting a small taste of it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1017680 Nov 3, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
The real numbers are hidden by the Liberal media!
Just like Obama's birth certificate and college transcripts where he claims he is a foreign student from Kenya.
No news is good news.
Lies and cover ups are phony scandals.
Outrage becomes "there's no 'there' there."

It's simply a matter of believing we're stupid and will soon forget. Works every time.

Let's take a little trip down memory lane, shall we?

In front of a grand jury when Clinton was asked why wasn't he lying when he said to his top aides (with respect to Monica Lewinsky), "there's nothing going on between us"...here's his response:

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Clear as mud, Mr. President.

Say anything and hope it sticks - just like Obama. It's a liberal thing.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017681 Nov 3, 2013
Take the POT out of Tea and what do you get?
Here we have a herb that is not addictive, relieves various forms of pain and nausea, stimulates appetite, and provides a buffer zone for the liberals to tolerate the buffoonery of the progressive conservatives. Comes in many editable flavors or simple pill forms if desired.
That would sure take a chunk of change out of drug enforcement and suppress our world record of incarcerations, and suppress the avenues for the more lethal drugs to follow for their distributions.
Now who would lobby against this? Can you spell Tea CARTEL.??

Lapeer, MI

#1017682 Nov 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh I never claimed that son. So don't force your values on me!
People like you who have little use for any values must be reigned in by society using something called laws.

This oftentimes puts you in prison but we have no choice.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1017683 Nov 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Business is sitting on its capital not because they dislike Obama, but because Obama's policies create a hostile environment for business...just business, not politics...
From a not very conservative business writer, every lib needs to read some truth:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Zero Interest, Zero Jobs
Verizon's Record $49 Billion Bond Offering Won't Result in a Single New Job

By AL LEWIS CONNECT

"For five years, artificially low interest rates have punished savers, rewarded borrowers, and perverted economic incentives. Big companies don't have to produce much when there's always another refinancing option on the horizon. That's one reason why job creation—the true measure of an economy's health—has been abysmal."

Who is responsible for this big business and Wall Street bailout?

ONe Barack Hussein Obama and his boy at the Fed..

Lapeer, MI

#1017685 Nov 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Changes to Social Security are on the horizon because the massive retirement and disability program is projected to run dry in 2033. At that point, Social Security would only collect enough taxes to pay about three-fourths of benefits. If Congress doesn't act, benefits automatically would be cut by about 25 percent.
http://news.msn.com/us/poll-older-americans-n...
Now let's see...who keeps saying Social Security is a great government-run program and doesn't need reform? And accused their opposition of wanting to kill grandma for suggesting it?
And who keeps saying it must be reformed to be sustained?
Why do most liberals willfully ignore the obvious?
For 50 years now, each time someone speaks up about Social Security's insolvent future, Liberals would begin screaming that Conservatives are crying wolf and the system is just fine.

Shades of the Magic Negro's lying were appearing way back then. Interesting, eh?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017686 Nov 3, 2013
Obama’s empathy for our nation has been demonstrated numerous times. That’s why republicans have labeled him as Obamacare. Now he is going to gather up the Tea and cast it out unto the waters of oblivion with the traditionalist republicans help.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…
Poll: Growing Number of Republicans Dislike GOP

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/11/01/poll ...

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1017688 Nov 3, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes that too!
He likes any hour program that is funded with other people's money.
Typical Democrat parasite!
I bet of he had to fund it with his own money he would not like them then!
Democrats are the less charitable animals in Earth.
Not one liberal on here is a taxpayer, no taxpayer would ever talk like these fools.

Orlando, FL

#1017689 Nov 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro's ability to shut up the families of Benghazi victims is chilling, isn't it?
He let them all die as part of his helping Al Qaeda in Libya, covered it up with a childish story about some stupid YouTube video and then goes on to tell us he's going to investigate it and never does and then he tells the families of the victims to shut up. And they have, so far.
We are in trouble, folks.
More than two dozen U.S. personnel survived the attack but haven't been seen nor heard from in public since. There were also an undisclosed number of witnesses at the U.S. compounds in Tripoli but they also have not spoken publicly.

(That's seems strange enough, but CBS goes even further:)

President Obama stated that his administration provided all information regarding Benghazi. Yet, when CBS News asked for White House photos from the night of the attacks, surveillance video that was promised last November, and answers to outstanding questions, a White House official told us that there would be no further comment.

CBS News has filed multiple Freedom of Information requests for Benghazi-related material, but none has been provided. Judicial Watch, a watchdog group, is suing the U.S. government in an attempt to receive some of the denied information.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57573613/...

Amazing the media was denied information but a judicial watchdog group has to sue the U.S. government just to get answers?

But liberals will scream at the top of their lungs that questions surrounding Benghazi have been completely resolved.

Hardly.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017690 Nov 3, 2013
Hyped up propaganda of the Foxy shepherd, for his naïveté herd, is not acceptable to the enlighten.
On the front lines of Obamacare we can examine the benefits of its expansion. Far from full steam ahead and yet the consequences to the republicans is deactivating their strengths of unity.
Observe the republican Tea stronghold of Kentucky. Here under the intelligent leadership of their democratic governor, Steven L. Beshear already over 34,000 have applied for Obamacare with 11,000 secured knowing they can now have Health Care Insurance that they can AFFORD that the fear mongering tactics of the republicans are nothing more than dust in the wind. This since Oct. First ! Now imagine they still have until March 31st to sign up!
Looks like the voters are not as red as their false republican leaders want us to believe. Governor Beshear is an example of a strong fortified leader of integrity. Unlike his republican associates such as Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell to name a couple. Two who have sought to divide and destroy this nation unless we pay their ransom.
Here is how Governor Beshear sums it up as a true leader of his constituents;
.“You don’t have to like the president; you don’t have to like me. Because this isn’t about him, and it’s not about me. It’s about you, your family and your children. So do yourself a favor. Find what you can get for yourself. You’re going to like what you find” Notice the difference? Republicans are all about ME, ME, ME, Give Me, Give Me, blah, blah, blah.
Kentucky is the proud Southern state to say they are the FIRST to expand Medicaid to their constituents. The rest of the southern states are as usual in their quagmire of ill leadership. Lacking intelligence and integrity. Betting that they can keep their constituents ignorant of Obamacare long enough to get their vote one more time before they are exposed for the frauds that they are.
Jessie Benton, campaign manager for Mitch McConnell, is an excellent example of this hyped up fear mongering tactics of the RED’s. Observe his callow take on the wave of people that are not buying his fear mongering ways as he takes it a step up when he says; “Kentuckians are suspicious and deeply concerned about Obamacare, Any Democrat running in Kentucky in 2014 is going to be in a box: stand against your base, or endorse a policy that’s very unpopular and not working well.”
LOL when he knows there is that hurdle of the last showdown that the republicans failed at with a disapproval ratings by 74% of the nation holding them directly responsible for juvenile leadership with damaging consequences to our nation. Last estimated cost of damage is another $24 Billion increase to the national debt. AND they are so worried about the debt. Yeah Sure !
“To me this was a moral decision,” he said.“We’ve got 640,000 Kentuckians who don’t have access to any kind of affordable health care. The last ranking I saw, we’re 44th out of 50 in health status. You take any chronic disease or condition — heart disease, cancer, smoking, obesity, you name it — and we’re either the worst or close to the worst.” Here is a leader that is truly concerned for the failing state of affaires that the RED’s have infested his state with.
A State Commissioned Study on Governor Beshear expanded Medicaid financial strategy will reap $15.6 Billion and ad over 17,000 new jobs.
Of course republicans will demonize it, for after all, they are for the increasing wealth to their 1% lords and masters.
Governor foresees what lays in store for the weak democrats and republicans; “Most of these critics are going to end up with egg on their face,” the governor predicted.“People are finding that I can get health insurance for the first time in my life that I can afford. They’re going to look back at these folks after all the dust settles and say,‘You misled us.’”

Lapeer, MI

#1017691 Nov 3, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Oblama couldn't fix a broken shoelace.
I'd love to see him fix a broken condom by placing his mouth over it, though.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017692 Nov 3, 2013

Presently there is a growing rift that has grown into a chasm within the republicans. Looks like the old guard republican are now emulating our forefathers of 1773 and are gathering up the Tea and casting it out unto the waters of oblivion.
Republicans seeking a rebirth to their Progressive Grand Old Party? First they must perform an abortion. Casting out the Teabaggers out to the waters of political oblivion. Democrats will lend a hand in cleaning up another republican dysfunctional mess. Then we will roll out the barrel and celebrate. Returning to arguments, debates, compromise, and moving on to A bipartisan celebration!
Feuding within the republican clan’s is heating up. Thursday {May 23 2013], across the bow shouts could be heard, between the forces of the traditionalist republicans and the Tea Party.
John McCain {R} accuses the Tea Party of overplaying their hand and tempting the democrats to change the minority rule in favor of up and down votes. Eliminating the 60% needed to pass a bill. All that would be required is simple majority.{51%”} Similar to the six times the republicans evoked during the Bush administration.
Established conservatives of voted 76 opposing to the 40 remaining Tea Party newcomers, lead by John McCain, disagreeing to consuming any more Tea. Moves on seeking to establishing a budget; as the Tea Party opposes any budget conferences on the issue.
Eric Cantor {R} leads the gang of four; Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul {R} of Kentucky, Mike Lee {R} of Utah and Marco Rubio {R} of Florida. They won their seats in opposition to the traditionalist republicans. They are Infamous for their roles in the Hostage/Ransom scenarios and “Our way or the Highway” scenarios for governing our USA. Ahh the foul fragrances of dictatorship vaporizing from the Tea Potters…

Orlando, FL

#1017694 Nov 3, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Those that wanted to kill Reagan and Bush for considering privatization of the Social Security will be old enough to rip the consequences!
Once upon a time, Social Security world had being a great program if it works had being privatized but Democrats accused Republicans of hating old people instead of understanding sound investment and capitalism.
Now it is too late! Democrats all they know how to do is to accuse Republicans of hating women, children, illegals, Muslims, Hispanics and the elder, instead of attempting to understand economics.
Democrats can't even bring themselves to say the word "reform" when it comes to SS and Medicaid.

It might cost them votes.

But they all know neither program is sustainable.

It's just another can that's dented all to hell from being kicked it down the road to buy more time to blame Republicans.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017695 Nov 3, 2013
A growing rift within republican party is widening into a chasm! From the depths will their come rebirth or desolation?
Chasm widens. Will this give birth to the Progressive Grand Old Party?
Senator Ted Cruz {R Tea Party} from Texas has launched his desires for the 2016 presidenticy as has Marco Rubio {R Tea Party} of Florida.
Cruz has revealed as he says “ A dirty little secret, republicans {traditionalist} would like very much to cast a symbolic vote against raising the debt ceiling and nonetheless to allow our democrat friends on the left side of the aisle to raise the debt ceiling.”
Mike Lee {R Tea Party} and Ted Cruz prefer the hostage/ransom method to block any progress of the Congress. John McCain {R Traditional} disagrees as this will inflame the scenario of an up and down vote by the democrats. Who will then expand that to all Key issues.
Democrats begin to set the stage. Complaining of how the republicans are blocking or delaying confirmation of top White House nominees. Including Federal Judges. Accusing a small group are abusing their powers to block actions for our Congress to proceed with the governing of our Nation.
The Chasm Widens…

Lapeer, MI

#1017696 Nov 3, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Snowblind has no conception of what is LIBERAL. Yet we know what such creatures are that support austerity for their constituents.
I am a LIBEERAL as defined by the dictionary. Not by the intoxicated opinionated Teabaggers Foxy Tabloids.
Liberal adj
1. broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2. progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3. generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset
My great-aunt was liberal in her bequests.
4. generous in quantity: large in size or amount
a liberal helping
5. not literal: not limited to the literal meaning in translation or interpretation
a liberal interpretation of the rules
6. culturally oriented: concerned with general cultural matters and broadening of the mind rather than professional or technical study
a liberal education
7. of political liberalism: relating to a political ideology of liberalism
n (plural lib·er·als)
liberal person: somebody who favors tolerance or open-mindedness
[14th century. Via French < Latin liberalis < liber "free"]
Word Key: Synonyms
See generous.
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Now to define the state of existence for Tea addicts, we just have to access the acronyms of these definitions. For example #1 “Broad Minded” acronym “Closed Minded”
#2 “tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others” acronym; Intolerant of the views of others and standards of behavior in others. LOL That sure sounds like a BIGOT to me.
Now I think you can do the rest all by yourself and expose yourself as to what you really are.
“The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries. The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.” Winston Churchill. LOL sounds like a liberal…
Go find a different line of propaganda, Dood.

Snake Oil Salesman Need Not Apply.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1017697 Nov 3, 2013
A contrast...and why we are f'ed....

On the one had we have been blessed with this:
"Panis Angelicus Mirusia Louwerse André Rieu"

and then we have this:

"EBT card food stamp recipients ransack Wal-Mart stores, stealing carts full of food during federal computer glitch"
http://www.naturalnews.com/042479_ebt_cards_w...
http://www.naturalnews.com/042479_ebt_cards_w...
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017698 Nov 3, 2013
Socialist? Yes we are. Only a naive would not comprehend that. From your sidewalk to the realms of outer space YOU support a socialism ideology to support your capitalism. All you are is a puppet of the fox making you a socialist RED neck. Now on to reality and away from your callow nonsense of this for that malarkey. Of which you have no knowledge of.

Tea Party validate their vindictive policies with various hyper false RED herrings. Example; IRS issue has always been used by all administrations dating back to F.D.R. Only difference with the Obama administration is that it started from the bottom up, as all others started from top down. Another red herring is Benghazi, and if you will remember Libya, lack of security issues. Considering it was the Tea Party leading with the Hue and Cry to deny Obama’s request for additional funds to increase security to our embassies’, right after the Libyan War. Now they PROJECT their errors onto the Executive branch. Using this to validate their need to hold Congress and the Nation into another Hostage/Ransom, Our Way or The Highway scenarios. Refusing any conferences that promotes a budget. Accusing democrats of over reach and obfuscation.??? Hmmm Paradox leadership.. Tea promotes Emperor ideologies.
Gazing at some of these comments I see people stating thoughts that they can not defend. Just what the Truth is, they can’t say anymore, nevermore…

Lapeer, MI

#1017699 Nov 3, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Take the POT out of Tea and what do you get?
Here we have a herb that is not addictive, relieves various forms of pain and nausea, stimulates appetite, and provides a buffer zone for the liberals to tolerate the buffoonery of the progressive conservatives. Comes in many editable flavors or simple pill forms if desired.
That would sure take a chunk of change out of drug enforcement and suppress our world record of incarcerations, and suppress the avenues for the more lethal drugs to follow for their distributions.
Now who would lobby against this? Can you spell Tea CARTEL.??
Forget the Teapot. You've got your head inside of a Fishbowl with all of the other Suckers.

Lapeer, MI

#1017701 Nov 3, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Obama’s empathy for our nation has been demonstrated numerous times. That’s why republicans have labeled him as Obamacare. Now he is going to gather up the Tea and cast it out unto the waters of oblivion with the traditionalist republicans help.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…
Yo' momma used to write for Josef Stalin, right?

The seed doesn't fall far from the weed.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1017702 Nov 3, 2013

From the republican’s horses mouth. Out with The Tea…
A wedge has been further pounded down, increasing the chasm in republican party. Senator Rand Paul {R} of Kentucky, who is also going to run for the presidenticy in 2016, filibustered his opposition to using drones to eradicate terrorist suspects. Conservative republicans disagree.
Gun reforms on back ground checks is opposed by the Tea Party as the traditionalist republican disagree. John McCain {R traditionalist} counters.“Isn’t it a little bizarre that we are saying’ basically, on this side of the republican aisle, is that we do not trust our colleagues on the other side of the capitol, who are in the minority republican.
LOL republicans are once again filling their primaries for 2016 with a mixture of loony toons. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio to lead the parade. Fox will entertain us with his merry band playing a’ la propaganda for the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dr Guru 217,063
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Earthling-1 60,175
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr Retired SOF 1,126
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ize Fund 70,734

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages