Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1017176 Nov 2, 2013
Some random poster...

"Q: Does burning taxpayer money instead of coal cause global warming?"

US_Patriot1776

Location hidden

#1017177 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Must I have a degree in economics to know the mountain of debt we have today began with the Reagan tax cuts and accelerated under the tax cuts of Bush?
FYI, I have two courses in college economics under my belt. It's not as though I'm totally ignorant of the subject. And you are no Paul Krugman.
I recall just the mention of "trickle down" economics was enough to make my instructors' eyeballs roll.
Well, they were right, weren't they?
Geezzz
I tool chemistry and biology once...
Does that make me a scientist?

On college economics instruction...
You could learn more about economics from a barber...

really...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1017178 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny coming from the GOP, the party of "fascist law and order".
As in arming the local police with tanks, helicopters and automatic weapons. Appointing former prosecutors to vacated positions on the bench as the standard. How reassuring that in any conflict with the cops, the judge will always be sympathetic to their point of view.
These standards were commenced under Reagan under the catchall phrase of "the war against drugs". More like a police state apparatus to suppress the rights of everyone except the rich and powerful.
I suggest you get into your time machine and set it for 1934 Germany. You'll be right at home, Fritz.
How many "local police" departments have tanks and helicopters? Of course they have automatic weapons to defend against and combat the criminals who have them too.

There are several similarities between the current administration and the one in 1934 Germany.

Location hidden

#1017180 Nov 2, 2013
Way out there...

For vagina's everywhere...

"Look at Betty Friedan, one of the founders of '60s feminism. She never worked a day in her life, married a very wealthy man, wrote The Feminine Mystique in his mansion, had housemaids do the housework...and also had children. Exactly how was she not a traditional woman, except for being a insane leftist?"

http://uncabob.blogspot.com/
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017181 Nov 2, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point; however in Canada, the government negotiates the price of drugs. Many Americans buy their drugs from Canadian online pharmacies.
Are you in favor of price controls on pharmaceuticals by the government?
No...but any given pharmacy should charge the same price to all customers, just like any other product in any other store.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017182 Nov 2, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go you senile lying piece of human flotsam:
post#1016344
"Galt pays far more for utilities and food every year than for medical care, all paid in cash, with no insurance…."
If you could read, you imbecile, you would note that the all-cash payment refers to the utilities and food...

Bozeman, MT

#1017183 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of degree.
Yes, Democrats accept donations from big corporations, and return the favor.
But nothing like the GOP. Have you forgotten how MMS under GW Bush allowed oil companies to fill out their own inspection reports?
You would like us to forget that, wouldn't you?
No.

Unlike you Obamabots and your Teflon President, I want no one to forget lies, deceit or corruption.

You'd like us to forget Obama pledged the middle class would see no tax hikes, claimed the Benghazi and IRS scandals were fabrications and we'd be able to keep our doctors and insurance plans, wouldn't you?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1017184 Nov 2, 2013
Anyway, like I said, we did buy a used motorcycle today but only out of necessity. With my new part-time job, I needed transportation and daughter drives the other car (that's paid for) to school and work.

It's a very nice bike - just right for what he needs - and was a very good deal.

He just has to take the required classes to get a license in Florida to drive a motorcycle.

But it's all good.

Just an eventful day. I'm pooped.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017185 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
We'll see if the GOP shutdown of the executive wins them any votes in 2014. I suspect that cigar exploded in their face.
the so-called shutdown is long-forgotten in the face of the ObamaKKKare disaster...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017186 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of difficult to get things done when the sole goal of the opposition party is to make the president look bad, not help get the country back on its feet.
...the economic engine of the US is hibernating until the Obama disaster leaves town...nothing to do with politics, just pure self-preservation...why risk your money to make money when the government wants to take it all???...

Location hidden

#1017187 Nov 2, 2013
Sorry Africa and Ladies...
98 and 97
"Murray finds that the West outshines all other areas in accomplishment. For example, he writes: "Whether measured in people or events, 97 percent of accomplishment in the scientific inventories occurred in Europe and North America" (p. 252). Further, he attributes the bulk of European accomplishment to figures born and raised in the "European core" area. And by his figures, 98 percent of significant figures were male."

http://www.atlassociety.org/Charles-Murray-hu...
LCNLin

United States

#1017188 Nov 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please....
Bush had 9/11. Clinton had a Republican Congress.
Obama tripled Bush's two-term deficit in just three years without 9/11 and two wars supported by 111 Democrats.
Obama only had a failed stimulus, Solyndra, Cash for Clunkers and corporate bailouts and government takeovers.
And Obamacare squeezing the lifeblood out of the economy.
amusing cherry picking of recent events.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017189 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this challenges my fundamental statement, that the immense debt we have today was caused by GOP "trickle down" economics.
Your citations argue the White House was not culpable for the real estate meltdown.
But they fail to exonerate the GOP Majority in Congress for allowing the crisis to careen out of control.
Pointing the finger at Obama doesn't get the Republican congressional majority off the hook for its laxity.
But the biggest issue is the enormous federal deficit which was created by GOP "trickle down" economics.
Check and mate.
the deficit and debt is caused by spending more than collected in revenues...so just stop spending...
LCNLin

United States

#1017190 Nov 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...the economic engine of the US is hibernating until the Obama disaster leaves town...nothing to do with politics, just pure self-preservation...why risk your money to make money when the government wants to take it all???...
late night mumbo jumbo
LCNLin

United States

#1017192 Nov 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Anyway, like I said, we did buy a used motorcycle today but only out of necessity. With my new part-time job, I needed transportation and daughter drives the other car (that's paid for) to school and work.
It's a very nice bike - just right for what he needs - and was a very good deal.
He just has to take the required classes to get a license in Florida to drive a motorcycle.
But it's all good.
Just an eventful day. I'm pooped.
Wear a helmet or in a crash you may go directly to the morgue.:-(
God Forbid
Take care on a motorcycle!
Peace

Bozeman, MT

#1017193 Nov 2, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
You bear the burden of causing most of the debt problem.
Clinton left behind a balanced budget. Compare this to the 1 trillion per year deficits under Bush by the time he left.
GOP "trickle down" economics failed. It did not create a full-employment economy. It did not create a surplus of federal revenues.
It left behind mountains of debt. Only the rich benefitted.
You contradict yourself. If trickle down doesn't work, how did Clinton supposedly balance the budget?

There will never be a full employment economy because of the slackers created by entitlements. 8% is now the new normal according to democrats. It's already been proven if you taxed "the rich" at 100% the revenue would run the government less than a year.

There HAS TO BE spending cuts.

You offer no solutions, and you ignore the nearly 7 trillion in debt Obama has created in less than 5 years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017194 Nov 2, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten minutes of research shows that Massachusetts' Romneycare is a bad idea at the state level.
The plan is for Obamacare to be a disaster at the national level, followed by the inevitable single payer.
when ObamaKKKare fails, as it will, the question is whether the Republicans will kill the turkey or cave in to nationalized medicine...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017195 Nov 2, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
What have the poor ever done for anybody? What do they create? Besides problems?
basturd children, drugs, crime, illiteracy, urban decay, and more poverty...what's not to like???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017197 Nov 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It's been a rather eventful day. Bought a used motorcycle for hubby today.)
But you'd have to have a good reason why education funds cannot go to any school of any parent's choosing.
If we are truly "the land of the free", religious freedom is also a freedom.
Any religious private school that provided a better education but taught the tenets of that religious belief system should be provided to parents because of their freedom to choose.
Why would taxpayers deny them this freedom?
you are free to finance your own religious schools....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1017198 Nov 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm saying - and, frankly, it's not that hard to understand - is parents who can afford to buy their children expensive clothing and brand name sneakers should not be participating in the free lunch program.
Especially when other students wear bargain brand clothing, old sneakers and bring a bagged lunch everyday. Their parents provide what they can without asking for free lunches.
It's the same abuse and fraud in government programs you keep denying exits. It's just gotten worse over the past few decades.
there should not be any free lunch program at all, regardless of the clothing preferences of the parents....

use the food stamp money for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, just like the middle-class kids....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Cheftell 68,777
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 16 min Roxie Darling 701
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Roxie Darling 4,866
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Atticus Tiberius ... 180,730
Are snowmobiles a problem in your neighbor hood ? 1 hr A Neighbor 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Concerned_American 388
Dear Abby 11/24/14 1 hr RACE 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News