Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
934,061 - 934,080 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#1016727 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
how many of those 5 people eat 2 meals a day at school?
If there was nothing to eat, we just
didn't eat. Cooking and enjoying a
meal together is living the day to
its fullest. Children that do not eat
are always sick and do not grow.
Coffee and toast.
Sue

Jonesboro, AR

#1016728 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
Bwahahahahaha
Republicans successfully converted the 2010 elections into a referendum on President Obama, the economy, and liberal overreach. As a result, they won big. Now Democrats are hoping to turn the 2014 elections into a referendum on the GOP brand and the destructive excesses of Tea Party governance.
The GOP just might help Democrats succeed.
Polling released this week by the Washington Post and ABC News found the GOP’s unfavorability ratings among Americans at an all-time high of 63 percent.
But a closer look at the numbers reveals that this has been accompanied by a massive collapse in 2013 of the GOP brand among core constituencies important in midterm elections: Independents, women, and seniors. The Post polling team has produced a new chart demonstrating that in the last year — since just before the 2012 election – there’s been a truly astonishing spike in the GOP’s unfavorable ratings among these core groups:
Bommie care is going get the dems, wrong time for bommie to bring his health care to light. I sure hope I don't get canceled out on my insurance.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1016729 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Anyone who has been buying as an individual will save piles of money buying in the exchanges.
Every American will not feel the new taxes to pay for the ACA.
Romneycare in Massachusetts says you're full of shit. You have no idea whom will save what.

Of course 'every American' won't feel the taxes because the vast majority of the newly covered don't pay federal income tax.

Criste are you ignorant.

Bozeman, MT

#1016730 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
But more to his point (comprehension),$800 per month for that family is more than enough. Especially since it's supposed to supplement their grocery bill.
stick with trivial math; your handlers don't want you to understand.
Dave's picture is next to the definition of the terms "low information voter", "indoctrinated minion of the democRAT party", AND "sucker born every minute."

Bozeman, MT

#1016732 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
how many of those 5 people eat 2 meals a day at school?
Don't forget the snacks.

Heck, the kids should get something out of the tens of billions wasted yearly on Carter's Dept. of Ed.

It's already proven the money isn't helping the kids get smarter. In fact, just the opposite. We're producing dumbazzed Daves.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1016733 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
link to just one story that calls it an AK 7744b, and I'll link to a dozen with the truth. Deal?
No you won't__the rifle was a plastic airsoft toy that fired plastic BB's and the pistol in the teens waistband was a plastic toy. The AK toy is displayed in some reports alongside an actual steel and wood AK 47 assault rifle.

It's like a fkn joke as is are explanations offered in the San Jose Mercury.

Additionally it was 3:14 PM in the afternoon.

The 48 year old deputy was a damned fine marksman though.

You're a moron!!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016736 Nov 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave's picture is next to the definition of the terms "low information voter", "indoctrinated minion of the democRAT party", AND "sucker born every minute."
It's scary that someone could be so enamored with the government (well, a liberal government anyway)

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1016737 Nov 1, 2013
NOMINATED BEST JOKE OF THE YEAR..........

A Russian arrives in New York City as a new immigrant to the United States .
He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me come into this country, giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and a free education!"
The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am a Mexican."
The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America ."
The person says, "I not American, I Vietnamese."
The new arrival walks farther, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand, and says, "Thank you for wonderful America !
That person puts up his hand and says,
"I am from Middle East . I am not American."
He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an American?"
She says, "No, I am from Africa ."
Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"
The African lady checks her watch and says, "Probably at work."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1016738 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No you won't__the rifle was a plastic airsoft toy that fired plastic BB's and the pistol in the teens waistband was a plastic toy. The AK toy is displayed in some reports alongside an actual steel and wood AK 47 assault rifle.
You're a moron!!!
Here, from you beloved left wing media.(I know this from hearing interviews with the family). It was a pellet gun.

Mediamatters: "On October 22, 13-year-old Andy Lopez was shot seven times by a sheriff's deputy in Santa Rosa, California. The deputy, identified by media as a "gun expert", apparently believed that the pellet gun Lopez carried was an AK-47 assault weapon."

Huffington post: "Sheriffs deputies in Santa Rosa, Calif. shot and killed a 13-year-old boy who was holding a pellet gun that resembled an AK-47 assault rifle on Tuesday. "

Pellet guns are not toys

"Neighbors mourn for Tollhouse boy killed by pellet gun"

"Second child killed in pellet gun accident"

Again, I'm not defending the cops in this situation. They fcked up. I'm just showing how little you really know.

Oh, and btw, Alex Sink cheated in a gubernatorial debate.

Most of the time you don't know sht about what you are talking about.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1016739 Nov 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the snacks.
Heck, the kids should get something out of the tens of billions wasted yearly on Carter's Dept. of Ed.
It's already proven the money isn't helping the kids get smarter. In fact, just the opposite. We're producing dumbazzed Daves.
Across the street from my work, about 1 hundred folks get a free lunch from a Good Samaritan food truck. Food stamps not accepted. The amount of money we give people through SNAP is ridiculous, it needs to be cut.

They like snopes.com , right?

"Claim: Photograph shows a grocery receipt for steak and lobster purchased with food stamps.

TRUE"

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016740 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"company used its own value to borrow when needed"
Who did you borrow from? Poor people?
You will never get it, dumbass dave.
Dummy davey should go back to whatever hellhole he came from.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016741 Nov 1, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
A neighbor just got his copy of the bill for the liver transplant his wife had. Of the $440,000 he had to pay $40.
Smart person with insurance coverage pays $40
Dumb person with no insurance pays $439,960 (cash???)
she should have taken one for the team and just died. Life goes on.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1016742 Nov 1, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Can someone wake dem up from his vodka enema and ask him what it will cost to Tag / Title/ Tax his brand nrw Corvette...
Then remind him many people that would feed...
Then tell him to go f uk himself!
Thank you!
Tell It Like It Is was recorded by Aaron Neville in 1966 and later covered by a plethora of other artists. It's one of those songs made the writers a ton of money.

I saw the Neville's on April 3 1968 in a Louisiana nightclub on my way to the New Orleans airport while traveling home from Tigerland for a short leave before returning to Vietnam. The flight out of New Orleans put me in Memphis on April 4th and stranded me there as all outbound flights were cancelled.

Hearing that song transports me back to those few days in time.

The experience changed my life.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016743 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God Flack.
This country did very well in the 50's. A man could hold a job & raise a family in his owned home. That job could be a clerk in a store or a delivery man for the local bakery or run a machine in the local machine shop. Not today. It takes at least two incomes or more in these types of jobs.
The ratio of CEO pay to average worker pay as gone through the roof.
The less & less employees are paid, the less & less they have to buy things. Buying things run the economy.
Handing money to the wealthy only to have a small portion run into the economy is stupid.
It had nothing to do with what I am doing. It is not hating the wealthy.
It is about everyone sharing in the growth of this nations wealth. This is what made us great & so prosperous after WWII through the 50.
You f*cking idiots think this is about hating the wealthy when you are too GD stupid to know the wealthy have been gaming the system.
Why has nearly all the growth on wealth of this country gone to the wealthy? It was not like that before.
Evidently you think it was hard work by the wealthy. Yep, hard work buying politicians & bending the tax law & regulations to their favor. Deregulation!! Deregulation!!
Your jealousy and envy of your hard working betters is most unbecoming. Now get off your fat posterior, get a job and stop the leeching.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016744 Nov 1, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Rather
Isn't he that old timer that got fired for being dishonest and unprofessional? Works that way out of government. Sadly the inept and dishonest in government never pay a penalty for their malfeasance and incompetence.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016745 Nov 1, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Homer trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...
It's the culture...
Twinkies and Ho Ho's are back on the market and available with an EBT card, Homer is back in hog heaven.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016746 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Over 85% of all ethanol/gasoline blends are used in the US and Brazil. I agree__yes it's stupid but let's see who votes for the continuance of the "ethanol subsidy."
Together, the R's and D's can end the folly but we already know that they won't. Too many lobbyists handing out too much cash.
As for the world's starving?
The US has invested billions in the attempt to teach the worlds starving how to farm something besides rice__Hah!
Squeeltime, it's quite sad you can't run your own life. Does Oblamer tell you what car to drive? What stores to shop at?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016747 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's THEIR wealth. Get over it and count your blessings. Or change your circumstances.
If you've ever worked for a 1%'er, send them a thank you note.
She's never worked, a lifetime member of the moocher class.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1016748 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No you won't__the rifle was a plastic airsoft toy that fired plastic BB's and the pistol in the teens waistband was a plastic toy. The AK toy is displayed in some reports alongside an actual steel and wood AK 47 assault rifle.
You're a moron!!!
Aren't you supposed to be next door right now playing with the other children?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1016749 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes? You mean the idea that the wealthy have manipulated the tax code in their favor?
And really, not the right whiner "control" crap.
Blame the Democrats for your failed education & Blame poor people.
That is about the crux of the right wing agenda.
I like wealthy people. I just don't believe in handing them money as you do.
Who was handed money? Besides your welfare mooching, ebt card using circle of family and friends. Name one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min J RULES 68,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr SLY WEST 570
Abby 8-29 2 hr pde 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search