Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,691)

Showing posts 933,801 - 933,820 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Poll: More Americans Want To Keep Or Expand Obamacare Than Repeal It

The Kaiser Family Foundation found that 47 percent of Americans want to expand (22 percent) or keep the law (25 percent). Conversely, 37 percent said they wanted to either repeal the law and replace it with some Republican alternative (13 percent) or repeal it without replacing it (24 percent).

That's despite the fact that more Americans have an unfavorable view of the law (44 percent) than a favorable view (38 percent), according to Kaiser.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-mo...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
King George III was the power elite and the ruling class. Dem and others would have defended him.
Stalin and Mao were also the ruling class and the power elite - which dem and others would defend.
King George pretended to be fair - what with his Parliament and all.
Stalin and Mao forced people to be fair with severe consequences.
It's hard to determine which of the two power elites and ruling classes Obama fits into.
Dem, can you help me out? You would know.
King George, Stalin, Mao they have all been replaced by the current 'ruling class' the richest 1%, are they the lesser of two evils?

Either way the rest of us are fcked.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the worst problems with ObamaKKKare will not become evident until the suckers try to use their so-called "insurance"...
Or when the employer mandate kicks in and millions more lose their health insurance and all those that no longer qualify for a subsidy are forced to pay it back.

We haven't seen nothin' yet.

(Note from topix on the above post: Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.)
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one of these quotes by our Founders applies to today. I especially liked this one:
“If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy.”
-Samuel Adams
They would probably start another revolt. King Obama today isn't much different than King George then.
However, communistic-like ideologies have complicated a power elite ruling class.
2011 post ?
Retread

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

"Editors of The Associated Press condemned the White House’s refusal to give photojournalists real access to President Obama, who prefers to circulate press release-style pictures taken by his own paid photographers.

These official photographs are little more than propaganda, according to AP director of photography Santiago Lyon."

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
Barack Obama knows that the Democratic Party and progressive Americans don't really care how he gets there, they just want more government control.
If the President has to deceive to do that, so be it. I have studied the man and my analysis of him has been accurate and fair. I have never demonized the President, insulted him, or tried to marginalize him.
He is a committed left-wing man who believes the USA would be a far better place if only we would all listen to him. And he'll say pretty much anything to make his progressive vision come true." - Bill O'Reilly
Which means Obama thinks we're too stupid to know what's best for us because he's the smartest one in the room.

His vision is our vision because he's the smartest one in the room.

We have to take what he tells us we need and be grateful because he's the smartest one in the room.

We are chastised for criticizing him because he's the smartest one in the room.

Or, as my mom would say, "the smart-ass" one in the room.

(I can read O'Reilly's inner thoughts, you see. I know what he wants to say but resists saying. We're on the same wavelength.)
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You would've been an enemy to the Revolution in the 1700s.
Now you're just an enemy to the liberty, freedom and power to the people which they fought for and won.
Funny how history repeats itself given enough time and enough dupes.
Just think if we had lost the Revolution. You would've been a blind loyalist back then too.
Projection on her part.
Amusing reading alas illogical

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

What a success!!

"Docs Show ONLY 6 People Signed Up For Obamacare On Day 1"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Vehicles & Small Engines
Because higher ethanol fuel blends (like E15 and E85) have less energy content than regular gasoline, they deliver lower fuel economy and cost consumers more money at the pump. They are also corrosive when used in most automobiles, meaning they can harm engines and compromise vehicle performance. Even so, our government is mandating increased ethanol in our fuels, putting biofuels mandates ahead of the safety and convenience of American consumers and manufacturers.
Decreased Fuel Economy
Ethanol contains 33 percent less energy per gallon than gasoline, and vehicles fueled with ethanol cover fewer miles per gallon than those running on conventional gasoline. The higher the ethanol blend, the lower the fuel economy, meaning consumers must fill up at the pump more frequently.
Damage to Vehicles and Performance
Beyond the damage to your wallet, ethanol can also damage vehicles and affect performance—corroding metals, causing rubber to swell and causing engines to break down more quickly. Some ethanol blends should not be used on certain engines and motors at all. EPA’s E15 waiver covers only 2001 and newer motor vehicles. E15 is not appropriate for heavy-duty vehicles or vehicles built before 2000, nor is it fit for boats and small motors, including those in lawnmowers and chainsaws.
Higher ethanol blends may also damage newer automobiles. A study from the Coordinating Research Council, commissioned by U.S. automakers and oil companies, found that 25 percent of cars approved by the EPA to run on E15 experienced engine damage—and even failure. The study estimates that at least 5 million cars currently on the road have similar characteristics to the cars that failed as part of the study.
Automakers, aware of the damage ethanol can cause, are now advising new owners not to fill up on E15. For newer vehicles still under warranty, use of E15 may constitute a violation of warranty terms, leaving customers on the hook for costly repair bills. Toyota and Lexus have even placed warning labels on gas caps, along with instructions in the owner’s manual not to use E15.
Intermediate blends may also cause some non-road engines and motors to run at higher temperatures and experience unintentional clutch engagement, according to a Government Accountability Office report.
Libtard logic!
Libtard logic??? ROFLMAO
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the worst problems with ObamaKKKare will not become evident until the suckers try to use their so-called "insurance"...
Keep telling yourself that son.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Out here in PA if I ever get hurt I will demand they chopper me to a modern hospital in NJ or Philly. You hear all kinds surgical nightmares coming out of bumfck PA.
Better hope your insurance covers it.

"Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare."
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not suggesting trickle up moron. But trickle down doesn't work, the 1% base is too small.
What is better for the economy that 1,000 people have money to buy a car or that 2 people have money to buy a car?
If you had a family member that was very wealthy but did not share with you or anyone...would you elect a person to take it?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>King George, Stalin, Mao they have all been replaced by the current 'ruling class' the richest 1%, are they the lesser of two evils?
The Democrats you support are the ones fcking you now, you idiot.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or when the employer mandate kicks in and millions more lose their health insurance and all those that no longer qualify for a subsidy are forced to pay it back.
We haven't seen nothin' yet.
(Note from topix on the above post: Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.)
I've been getting that a lot today also. Dem must have overloaded the system.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

GM US sales up 16% for Oct__Ford upd 14%, Chrysler up 11%.

GM is seeing a surge in pick up sales and in the Buick division.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

"The Internal Revenue Service shared highly confidential tax information of several Tea Party groups in the IRS scandal with the Federal Election Commission, a clear violation of federal law, according to newly obtained emails.

The public watchdog group Judicial Watch told Secrets Thursday that it was former scandal boss Lois Lerner who shared the information on groups including the American Future Fund and the American Issues Project."
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>King George, Stalin, Mao they have all been replaced by the current 'ruling class' the richest 1%, are they the lesser of two evils?
Go to Haiti, then ask yourself if you have it bad...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look for Pacific Investment Management Co. to be filing for bankruptcy protection in the not so distant future!
The super-rich phonies like Buffett and Gross want to maintain their exclusivity by preventing others from reaching their status.

Let them give away all their money if they feel guilty.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what you don't seem to understand, those 2 people hire 1000 people to do various jobs, thus allowing those 1000 people to buy cars. More people than just the rich buy cars. I don't understand why you loony left wingers have such a hatred for the rich (other than you've been told to hate them). Take the money you make from the rich folks and get rich if you so choose.
The only obvious conclusion here is liberals prefer to be lazy and apathetic.

Everyone has the same opportunities in this country.

Or used to anyway when jobs and the economy were more important than the ruling class dictating every aspect of our lives.

Unless you have another explanation.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason for insurance of any type is to protect people against losses too large to sustain....not to pay every bill...
That's what I use it for. Tell it to my wife and the insurance companies, she uses it for prescriptions, doctor visits, consultations, mri's, physical therapy, she has a torn rotator cuff, it never ends. I plan on using it if my parachute doesn't open.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 933,801 - 933,820 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,785
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 20 min the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 3 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••