Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
933,761 - 933,780 of 1,082,921 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, if I cut my finger and they stitch it up that prevents me from bleeding all over the place.:) Plus if I go to the ER it's free. Free, free, free. Of course if they do happen to bill me I forward the bill on to Mitt Romney.
even those with insurance generally go straight to the emergency room if they have a cut requiring stitches...because doctors haven't provided that treatment in their offices for years...and cuts often occur outside office hours

try to keep up, homeboy...
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, old man phaggot.
What Moochelle will call Obammy in a few years.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not suggesting trickle up moron. But trickle down doesn't work, the 1% base is too small.
What is better for the economy that 1,000 people have money to buy a car or that 2 people have money to buy a car?
Here's what you don't seem to understand, those 2 people hire 1000 people to do various jobs, thus allowing those 1000 people to buy cars. More people than just the rich buy cars. I don't understand why you loony left wingers have such a hatred for the rich (other than you've been told to hate them). Take the money you make from the rich folks and get rich if you so choose.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning pizza oven fluffer
Here's a home video of dem while he's on topix

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

The richest 1% in this country are doing just fine and they have the most powerful army/navy/airforce/marines protecting their interests here and abroad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of people cannot afford to do that. Plus most people have real insurance, yours is crap.
I pray for the safety and health of you and your family every night.
The only reason for insurance of any type is to protect people against losses too large to sustain....not to pay every bill...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
homer keeps talking about how well he's doing. I bet his boss is rich. Without his rich boss, homer wouldn't be doing so well.
<my very rich boss pays me handsomely >
they forget that part.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make the obvious come full circle...
Who hires mechanics, fabricators, electricians, sheet metal mechanics, carpenters, heat and air techs and masons to build yachts, airplanes and homes?
The 1% of the population who invest, create jobs and provide a decent lifestyle for millions of families.
If everyone is poor, how does that help anyone else?
I can accept the fact that SOME wealthy people are crooks.

Its a ethics problem that will not be solved. It's been around since man began writing on cave walls.

No matter which end of the social, economical, and Political spectrum you look at you will find crooks...

What do I know...I'm just a fork who happens to be a Social Scientist...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Barack Obama knows that the Democratic Party and progressive Americans don't really care how he gets there, they just want more government control.

If the President has to deceive to do that, so be it. I have studied the man and my analysis of him has been accurate and fair. I have never demonized the President, insulted him, or tried to marginalize him.

He is a committed left-wing man who believes the USA would be a far better place if only we would all listen to him. And he'll say pretty much anything to make his progressive vision come true." - Bill O'Reilly

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
The highlight of many a Clinton cabinet meeting was watching Reich try to mount Janet Reno.
Egads...now there's a frightening picture.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I probably pay way less for my good insurance than you pay for your crap insurance, plus I pay no deductibles.
Do you pay more on your auto and home policies to have zero deductibles?

Do you really know what your insurance costs? Most employers do not publish that information.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

King George III was the power elite and the ruling class. Dem and others would have defended him.

Stalin and Mao were also the ruling class and the power elite - which dem and others would defend.

King George pretended to be fair - what with his Parliament and all.

Stalin and Mao forced people to be fair with severe consequences.

It's hard to determine which of the two power elites and ruling classes Obama fits into.

Dem, can you help me out? You would know.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just like that women crying cause they gonna cut her EBT.$800 a month to feed five people and she runs short? Give me $800 a month and I'll feed ten people good filling meals and have money left over!!!!!
...sounds like way more than enough money to feed five....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason for insurance of any type is to protect people against losses too large to sustain....not to pay every bill...
They will never understand. The brainwashing has gone too deep.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even those with insurance generally go straight to the emergency room if they have a cut requiring stitches...because doctors haven't provided that treatment in their offices for years...and cuts often occur outside office hours
try to keep up, homeboy...
Out here in PA if I ever get hurt I will demand they chopper me to a modern hospital in NJ or Philly. You hear all kinds surgical nightmares coming out of bumfck PA.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Wealth envy is so last year.
Funny how these leftists define stealing the money of others and using it to buy votes as "fairness."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pay more on your auto and home policies to have zero deductibles?
Do you really know what your insurance costs? Most employers do not publish that information.
I have deductibles, I just don't pay em, my employer does.
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
You hear that Bill Gross and Warren Buffett are willing to pay higher taxes, but do you ever hear about them actually overpaying their taxes? Do they ever voluntarily write the US Treasury a check for a million or so? Or do they make their statements about paying more just to satisfy the tax and spend Democrats and in these politicized IRS days get on the do not audit list?
It’s also interesting to note that while Warren Buffett feels strongly about raising taxes on “the rich,” he has done a masterful job of avoiding them himself. Past taxes on dividends ranged as high as 91%, but Berkshire Hathaway has never paid a dividend, so Buffett has never paid a dime in dividend taxes on his own multi-billion-dollar holdings.

And he has sold few shares, so he has avoided paying capital gains, as well.

He won’t be selling those shares and paying taxes on them down the road, either. He has pledged most of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. That’s certainly a worthy thing to do.

However, his contribution came with a single string attached. The donation is contingent on charitable contributions remaining tax deductible.

In short, when it comes to taxes, you’d be well advised to do what Buffett does. And pay no attention to what he says.

Buffett made many wonderful deals (for himself) in the past when small mom-and-pop companies had to sell in order to pay the estate taxes. So of course Buffett wants higher tax rates – he doesn’t pay them. And his estate won’t pay them, either.

It is in Warren’s self-serving best interest to plead for higher tax rates – it gives him an advantage.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Cuccenali down by 3. Race is tightening.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Poll: More Americans Want To Keep Or Expand Obamacare Than Repeal It

The Kaiser Family Foundation found that 47 percent of Americans want to expand (22 percent) or keep the law (25 percent). Conversely, 37 percent said they wanted to either repeal the law and replace it with some Republican alternative (13 percent) or repeal it without replacing it (24 percent).

That's despite the fact that more Americans have an unfavorable view of the law (44 percent) than a favorable view (38 percent), according to Kaiser.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-mo...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 175,040
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 29 min nono 3,840
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min andet1987 4,565
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min Terry rigsby 48,984
Word (Dec '08) 38 min andet1987 4,589
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min andet1987 476
Scat Man 58 min Coonskin 1
Abby 7-29 2 hr j_m_w 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 97,573
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs