Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
933,661 - 933,680 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#1016202 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey LILLY!!!! Just who do you think builds them yachts? Who do you think builds those houses. The furniture, rugs, windows, etc... You are the ignorant one!
Italian dudes build them--it's how the rich roll these days...BTW, you might review this, that, these, those and the reflexive, intensive pronouns since you're not working 'cause your money is. lol
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016203 Nov 1, 2013
All the old absolute monarchies on a large scale are gone because having all the money in the hands of a few is not a viable system. Sooner or later the poor will revolt.

"Please revolt after I am out of office" - Homer 2016
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1016204 Nov 1, 2013
OK leftist phags, remember that dem is here to suckle any evil spirits out of your body. If any of you are too full of such (swilly comes immediately to mind), stand in front of a jet airplane's engine at full thrust (that ought to do the trick)......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1016205 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine Flack but you cannot remain economically viable with so much money in so few hands.
Trickle down economics doesn't work.
Hey Homer where does the money come from for trickle up economics come from? If you say government where did they get it? They don't have any. Trickle economics works just fine. The problem is you want it to go through the government first so they can steal their slice for the slackers!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016206 Nov 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't keep it in a vault in the basement. They buy yachts! The boat show is on here in Ft Lauderdale this weekend; wait and see how much they drop there. They're buying more yachts and planes than ever; and also, Art Basel has never been more successful! They have so much cash to spend that they don't know what to do with it, so they build homes everywhere that they may spend only a day or two in. Your economic ignorance is appalling.
Who builds the yachts lily? Mechanics and fabricators that's who!
Who builds the airplanes lily? Electricians and sheet metal mechanics lily!
Who builds the homes lily? Carpenters, electrician, Heat and Air techs, and Masonry folks lily!

If you look at the ass end of the donkey all you will see is shit...
dem

United States

#1016207 Nov 1, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghetto dem is good for súcking diçk is seldom good for anything else..

It's the culture...
Morning pizza oven fluffer

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016208 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"Carol, forever remains a slave to the rich" - Homer 2016
"Time to break the chains of bondage the rich hold over this great nation" - Homer 2016
"Eat the Rich" - Aerosmith
Your quote sounds very much like something Stalin or Mao would have said.

They, too, wanted a level playing field but, instead, created a society where a lack of incentive bred animosity and resentment.

The rich aren't the enemy. Laziness and apathy is.

Aerosmith became very rich. Were they singing about themselves?

Stop and think about what you are saying, Homer. The government cannot do what people can do better themselves.

Creating a welfare state benefits no one but the power elite. Empowering the power elite instead of empowering the people is a very dangerous and slippery slope.

Pretty sure you're old enough to have learned this from history.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016209 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
Hey flack scab tell us how you are an independent as you blow the tea baggers.
The Tea Party doesn't go far enough. They look like big government cheerleaders and free spenders compared to me. If I had my way there would be a lot of For Sale or Lease signs in D.C.
dem

United States

#1016211 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you I don't need a job.
Yeah you are a retired light bulb changer. Everybody knows scab electricians in WV are rich beyond my wildest dreams.
What I wouldn't give to have your life.
Shopping at Walmart, frat boy insurance, 24/7 topix whiner, and a wife that is taking a ten year break from me.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1016212 Nov 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Italian dudes build them--it's how the rich roll these days...BTW, you might review this, that, these, those and the reflexive, intensive pronouns since you're not working 'cause your money is. lol
leosanus: The classification for unconscious life that is incapable of thought and reason, non-sentients are nonetheless able to consume matter, reproduce, pollute the environment, transform energy, create carbon dioxide, and grow hair...

It's the culture...
dem

United States

#1016213 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Real Dave, even though my response to you before was lengthy, I hope you read all of it and will share your thoughts and reaction. Because it really touches on the crux of what divides us.
Your dumbness is what separates us.
That and the vile step sons you bring to topix.

Orlando, FL

#1016214 Nov 1, 2013
Obama is creating a society where living off the backs of others has become a permanent lifestyle.

Is that the kind of society liberals want?
dem

United States

#1016215 Nov 1, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
OK leftist phags, remember that dem is here to suckle any evil spirits out of your body. If any of you are too full of such (swilly comes immediately to mind), stand in front of a jet airplane's engine at full thrust (that ought to do the trick)......
Could you run off any faster, lady.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1016216 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Real Dave, even though my response to you before was lengthy, I hope you read all of it and will share your thoughts and reaction. Because it really touches on the crux of what divides us.
Topix needs a vomit judgit for that kind of gibberish.

Crux indeed!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016217 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Homer where does the money come from for trickle up economics come from? If you say government where did they get it? They don't have any. Trickle economics works just fine. The problem is you want it to go through the government first so they can steal their slice for the slackers!
I disagree.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016218 Nov 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Italian dudes build them--it's how the rich roll these days...BTW, you might review this, that, these, those and the reflexive, intensive pronouns since you're not working 'cause your money is. lol
We had a booming yacht building business in this country till the tax the rich crowd destroyed it.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016221 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote sounds very much like something Stalin or Mao would have said.
They, too, wanted a level playing field but, instead, created a society where a lack of incentive bred animosity and resentment.
The rich aren't the enemy. Laziness and apathy is.
Aerosmith became very rich. Were they singing about themselves?
Stop and think about what you are saying, Homer. The government cannot do what people can do better themselves.
Creating a welfare state benefits no one but the power elite. Empowering the power elite instead of empowering the people is a very dangerous and slippery slope.
Pretty sure you're old enough to have learned this from history.
Those idiots killed all the landowner farmers and then next spring nobody knew how to grow crops. Millions died from starvation. Dumb as rocks.

Orlando, FL

#1016222 Nov 1, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Who builds the yachts lily? Mechanics and fabricators that's who!
Who builds the airplanes lily? Electricians and sheet metal mechanics lily!
Who builds the homes lily? Carpenters, electrician, Heat and Air techs, and Masonry folks lily!
If you look at the ass end of the donkey all you will see is shit...
Just to make the obvious come full circle...

Who hires mechanics, fabricators, electricians, sheet metal mechanics, carpenters, heat and air techs and masons to build yachts, airplanes and homes?

The 1% of the population who invest, create jobs and provide a decent lifestyle for millions of families.

If everyone is poor, how does that help anyone else?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1016223 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama is creating a society where living off the backs of others has become a permanent lifestyle.
Is that the kind of society liberals want?
Obama is creating a society where winning elections off the backs of the poor and others has become a permanent lifestyle.

It's the culture...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1016224 Nov 1, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine if the Obammy lies had hit this hard (or the media had to actually discuss the Obammy lies) in 2012?
Like his repeated promises that Obamacare would not threaten anyones existing health insurance policies? Meanwhile, over the past two weeks, millions of Americans have received notices from their health insurance companies that their policies have been canceled because they dont abide by Obamacares requirements.
The Wall Street Journals editorial board explained that Obamas repetition of THIS LIE WAS NOT AN OVERSIGHT. It was a deliberate means of lulling into complacency these Americans who opted to buy their insurance themselves on the open market, in order to stick them with the burden of underwriting Obamacare.
In the editorialists words,The [healthcare] exchanges need these customers [whose private policies are being canceled] to finance Obamacares balance sheet and stabilize its risk pools.
On the exchanges, individuals earning more than $46,000 or a family of four above $94,000 dont qualify for subsidies and must buy overpriced insurance. If these middle-class Obamacare losers can be forced into the exchanges, they become financiers of the new pay-as-you go entitlement.
Sure there is an outcry now about Obamas dishonesty and the way he has used lying to take away from an unwilling public a right it would never have knowingly surrendered, but IT IS TOO LATE. There is no chance of revoking the law until at 2017, when Obama leaves office.
And by then, everyone will have been forced to accept what they consider unacceptable or be fined and lose all health coverage.
Wait until next year just before the midterms when the new HIGHER exchange rates will come out. That and the dismal employment numbers thanks to the ObamaKare employer mandate implementation will keep the House Republican majority. Obama will spend his last year as emperor being a recluse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min wojar 177,385
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 24 min 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 7,749
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info