Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1016191 Nov 1, 2013
LMAO at old hag hillary too........

Why is Hillary Clinton's popularity sliding? Since leaving the Obama administration, Clinton's favorability ratings have plunged a net 18 points

By Jon Terbush | 6:06am ET

Hillary Clinton left the State Department with a sky-high approval rating. With her broad appeal and presumed White House ambitions, the conventional wisdom, supported by early polls, suggested she would roll to the Democratic nomination in 2016 and then trounce whomever Republicans trotted out to face her.

Yet less than a year removed from her old job, Clinton's popularity has fallen from its once-lofty heights, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll out this week.

In the poll, 46 percent of adults expressed a favorable opinion of Clinton, while 33 percent viewed her unfavorably. That's not too shabby — Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) came in with a 17/43 favorable to unfavorable split — but it's well down from January, when 56 percent liked Clinton versus 25 percent who did not.

All told, that means Clinton's net favorability had fallen an astounding 18 points since the start of the year.

The drop is seemingly quite mysterious, given that Clinton has been largely absent from the spotlight for months. It's not like she oversaw a disastrous rollout of an online exchange for health insurance, for example. So why is Clinton bottoming out now?

For one, it's possible her apparent move to campaign mode has polarized people who previously viewed her as more of an apolitical figure during her time as the nation's top diplomat. "It's not that voters all of the sudden have seen a new side of Hillary that has caused them to take a second look," pollster Peter Hart told The Wall Street Journal, but rather that "she is no longer the nonpartisan secretary of state and that brings out the partisan fangs on the part of former supporters."

Clinton also, since leaving the White House, has been tied to the lingering controversy over Benghazi. Though the scandal has mostly fizzled out in the mainstream press, Republicans and members of the conservative media devoted considerable time earlier in the year to hammering the administration — and Clinton in particular — for its handling of last year's deadly consulate attack.

Clinton's polling slide did begin around the time a supposed bombshell report, later debunked, claimed internal White House emails revealed a cover-up. And Gallup, which has also found Clinton's popularity on the decline, said back in June that congressional hearings into Benghazi had "called into question her leadership during her tenure at the State Department."

It's also possible Clinton is being dragged down by her former boss. Battered by the government shutdown and ObamaCare's terrible rollout, the president's approval rating has fallen to a record-low 42 percent, according to the same NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Yes, Clinton no longer works for the administration, or in the government at all, for that matter. But Americans have soured over the past month on just about everyone associated with Washington. Republicans bore the brunt of the blowback, but a majority of voters have said they would be fine voting out everyone in Congress.

That kind of anti-incumbent, "throw the bums out" mentality could spill over to other Washington figures. And Clinton, with her long tenure in D.C.— former First Lady turned senator turned diplomat — is a veritable Washington institution unto herself.

A number of other smaller factors could also be at play.

Clinton endorsed and campaigned for the not-so-popular Democratic gubernatorial candidate (and former Clinton fundraiser) Terry McAuliffe; she went on a public policy speaking tour, in which she began laying the framework for a possible campaign; and her name surfaced in unflattering stories about failed New York City mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner, who is married to top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016192 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey LILLY!!!! Just who do you think builds them yachts? Who do you think builds those houses. The furniture, rugs, windows, etc... You are the ignorant one!
That's fine Flack but you cannot remain economically viable with so much money in so few hands.

Trickle down economics doesn't work.
dem

United States

#1016194 Nov 1, 2013
Hey flack scab tell us how you are an independent as you blow the tea baggers.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016195 Nov 1, 2013
Real Dave, even though my response to you before was lengthy, I hope you read all of it and will share your thoughts and reaction. Because it really touches on the crux of what divides us.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1016196 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for something?
Like destroying the Republican Party.
Lol
Ghetto dem is good for súcking diçk is seldom good for anything else..

It's the culture...
dem

United States

#1016197 Nov 1, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
I'm sure some of you on the forum are wondering what a creature like "dem" could actually look like? He and I are old acquaintances, as I googled and outed him years ago on topix back when he posted under his real name. Here's the actual pic I posted (in a loving embrace with his actual boyfriend of the time), which I found on one of Chicago's gay chatrooms.

http://fatgay.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/

BTW, he's the fat white slob......:-)
Funny that an old man latent homosexual like you would be surfing the co ck suc ker sites.
Swallow much, old phaggot?
dem

United States

#1016198 Nov 1, 2013
Hey fenny is that Mastiff jizz on your face or a little boys?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016199 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked the extreme homer part.
Yeah, I am warming up to it myself.
dem

United States

#1016200 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"Carol, forever remains a slave to the rich" - Homer 2016

"Time to break the chains of bondage the rich hold over this great nation" - Homer 2016

"Eat the Rich" - Aerosmith
"The ties that bind"- Alter Bridge

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1016201 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to the tea bag idiot that spends everyday on topix, accomplishing nothing, showing everyone what a uninformed dope you are.
Hold my hand.
Get a job.
Unlike you I don't need a job.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1016202 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey LILLY!!!! Just who do you think builds them yachts? Who do you think builds those houses. The furniture, rugs, windows, etc... You are the ignorant one!
Italian dudes build them--it's how the rich roll these days...BTW, you might review this, that, these, those and the reflexive, intensive pronouns since you're not working 'cause your money is. lol
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016203 Nov 1, 2013
All the old absolute monarchies on a large scale are gone because having all the money in the hands of a few is not a viable system. Sooner or later the poor will revolt.

"Please revolt after I am out of office" - Homer 2016
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1016204 Nov 1, 2013
OK leftist phags, remember that dem is here to suckle any evil spirits out of your body. If any of you are too full of such (swilly comes immediately to mind), stand in front of a jet airplane's engine at full thrust (that ought to do the trick)......

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016205 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine Flack but you cannot remain economically viable with so much money in so few hands.
Trickle down economics doesn't work.
Hey Homer where does the money come from for trickle up economics come from? If you say government where did they get it? They don't have any. Trickle economics works just fine. The problem is you want it to go through the government first so they can steal their slice for the slackers!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016206 Nov 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't keep it in a vault in the basement. They buy yachts! The boat show is on here in Ft Lauderdale this weekend; wait and see how much they drop there. They're buying more yachts and planes than ever; and also, Art Basel has never been more successful! They have so much cash to spend that they don't know what to do with it, so they build homes everywhere that they may spend only a day or two in. Your economic ignorance is appalling.
Who builds the yachts lily? Mechanics and fabricators that's who!
Who builds the airplanes lily? Electricians and sheet metal mechanics lily!
Who builds the homes lily? Carpenters, electrician, Heat and Air techs, and Masonry folks lily!

If you look at the ass end of the donkey all you will see is shit...
dem

United States

#1016207 Nov 1, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghetto dem is good for súcking diçk is seldom good for anything else..

It's the culture...
Morning pizza oven fluffer

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016208 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"Carol, forever remains a slave to the rich" - Homer 2016
"Time to break the chains of bondage the rich hold over this great nation" - Homer 2016
"Eat the Rich" - Aerosmith
Your quote sounds very much like something Stalin or Mao would have said.

They, too, wanted a level playing field but, instead, created a society where a lack of incentive bred animosity and resentment.

The rich aren't the enemy. Laziness and apathy is.

Aerosmith became very rich. Were they singing about themselves?

Stop and think about what you are saying, Homer. The government cannot do what people can do better themselves.

Creating a welfare state benefits no one but the power elite. Empowering the power elite instead of empowering the people is a very dangerous and slippery slope.

Pretty sure you're old enough to have learned this from history.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016209 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
Hey flack scab tell us how you are an independent as you blow the tea baggers.
The Tea Party doesn't go far enough. They look like big government cheerleaders and free spenders compared to me. If I had my way there would be a lot of For Sale or Lease signs in D.C.
dem

United States

#1016211 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you I don't need a job.
Yeah you are a retired light bulb changer. Everybody knows scab electricians in WV are rich beyond my wildest dreams.
What I wouldn't give to have your life.
Shopping at Walmart, frat boy insurance, 24/7 topix whiner, and a wife that is taking a ten year break from me.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1016212 Nov 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Italian dudes build them--it's how the rich roll these days...BTW, you might review this, that, these, those and the reflexive, intensive pronouns since you're not working 'cause your money is. lol
leosanus: The classification for unconscious life that is incapable of thought and reason, non-sentients are nonetheless able to consume matter, reproduce, pollute the environment, transform energy, create carbon dioxide, and grow hair...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 5 min little boy blue 19
Amy 10-24 18 min edogxxx 2
Abby 10-24 23 min edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min JOEL 70,100
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min wojar 179,387
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min KiMare 50,624
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,503
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]