Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403580 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1016617 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
LAPD is being very evasive about identity of LAX shooter.....
Yeah__then why don't you hop in the old Accord and run over there to find out what's really going and get back to us.

If CA had FLA's sunshine laws we'd already know where the loon went to grade school and his neighbors would be on the news saying what a great guy he is.

The nationals are just now getting around to reporting on the Lopez kid in Santa Rosa who was gunned down by a nervis jervis cop because he was carrying a replica (toy) weapon in his own neighborhood at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Seems as though this is not the first time that Santa Rosa's finest chose gunfire as their first response to a non problem.

Oh__and it appears that that the DOW will close over 15,600 today.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016618 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
Regulatory Commissars: Enforcing the Ethanol Mandate
Oct. 11, 2013
21 Comments Print Email Bigger Smaller
On the heels of federal subsidies and legislation designed to force a commodity into a market with little appetite for it, ethanol may be getting yet another assist. Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) recently sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission requesting investigation of the oil industry for “anticompetitive practices aimed at blocking market access for renewable fuels.” In other words, having failed to create demand with special treatment for ethanol, they now want Big Brother to harass oil companies forced to blend it with their product.
This goes back to the 2007 congressional mandate that 36 billion gallons of ethanol must contaminate the nation's gas supply by 2022. With a growing gasoline supply, this might not have been problematic, but demand for gas hasn't grown because of the EPA's mileage demands and better technology from car manufacturers. And since gasoline with more than 10% ethanol wreaks havoc on engines not built to handle its corrosive effects, refiners have found themselves stuck between reality and the mandate. Unbothered by the former, the pro-ethanol lobby claims the oil industry is “blocking the introduction of cheaper, cleaner, and renewable alternatives.”
Meanwhile, even one Democrat has conceded the mandate's failure, calling the standard a “flop” that's caused both “environmental …[and] economic detriment to many sectors of the economy.” The White House, however, continues to vow loyalty to the ethanol lobby. But then again, that's not surprising for an administration that doesn't let facts cloud its judgment.
The Patriot Post
the ethanol scam is a bipartisan fraud supported by farm state Senators of both parties....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1016619 Nov 1, 2013
Now reporting a ticketed passenger is the gunman.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1016620 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"company used its own value to borrow when needed"
Who did you borrow from? Poor people?
You will never get it, dumbass dave.
Actually, I borrowed from our local bank, an institution, not a person.

Or are banks people now?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016621 Nov 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you just pray to your wallet son?
Think that will help?
I need very little to be happy and content.

My motto is "simplify".

What's yours?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1016622 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
Regulatory Commissars: Enforcing the Ethanol Mandate
Oct. 11, 2013
21 Comments Print Email Bigger Smaller
On the heels of federal subsidies and legislation designed to force a commodity into a market with little appetite for it, ethanol may be getting yet another assist. Senators Charles Grassley (R-IA) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) recently sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission requesting investigation of the oil industry for “anticompetitive practices aimed at blocking market access for renewable fuels.” In other words, having failed to create demand with special treatment for ethanol, they now want Big Brother to harass oil companies forced to blend it with their product.
This goes back to the 2007 congressional mandate that 36 billion gallons of ethanol must contaminate the nation's gas supply by 2022. With a growing gasoline supply, this might not have been problematic, but demand for gas hasn't grown because of the EPA's mileage demands and better technology from car manufacturers. And since gasoline with more than 10% ethanol wreaks havoc on engines not built to handle its corrosive effects, refiners have found themselves stuck between reality and the mandate. Unbothered by the former, the pro-ethanol lobby claims the oil industry is “blocking the introduction of cheaper, cleaner, and renewable alternatives.”
Meanwhile, even one Democrat has conceded the mandate's failure, calling the standard a “flop” that's caused both “environmental …[and] economic detriment to many sectors of the economy.” The White House, however, continues to vow loyalty to the ethanol lobby. But then again, that's not surprising for an administration that doesn't let facts cloud its judgment.
The Patriot Post
The Patriot Post??? Are you joking Flack???

There are hundreds of source stories to choose from and you choose that one?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016623 Nov 1, 2013
Screamed something as he started firing, reports say.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016624 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__then why don't you hop in the old Accord and run over there to find out what's really going and get back to us.
If CA had FLA's sunshine laws we'd already know where the loon went to grade school and his neighbors would be on the news saying what a great guy he is.
The nationals are just now getting around to reporting on the Lopez kid in Santa Rosa who was gunned down by a nervis jervis cop because he was carrying a replica (toy) weapon in his own neighborhood at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Seems as though this is not the first time that Santa Rosa's finest chose gunfire as their first response to a non problem.
What an idiot. You're a bored old man.

BTW, I'm not defending the cops, I'm highlighting your stupidity. It wasn't a toy.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1016625 Nov 1, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I bet you wish you were as intelligent as an 11 y/o!
Alas, it's not your goal to aim high!
Polls indicate Democrats have a much higher percentage of people with metal health issues, which is obvious based on posts here from your libtarded friends like Dumb Dave, Leosnana et al. You seal the deal.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016626 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__then why don't you hop in the old Accord and run over there to find out what's really going and get back to us.
LAX is 100 miles away from here....

Newville, PA

#1016627 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, wait, wait...a 400+ million dollar site and only 6 people signed up? Y'all call that a success? Hahahaha

I didn't call it a success. I merely corrected your mental twin's statement.

Orlando, FL

#1016628 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahaha
Like letting dumb ladies like you near impressionable children?
The liberal mentality - "just don't get us sued" - and the political correctness perpetrated by the liberal mentality in the public schools is why I got out and never looked back.

Sad thing is all of the good teachers were waiting for the same opportunity.

So tell me again why parents shouldn't be allowed the school of their choice for their own child?

Nevermind..."choice" isn't a word in the liberal vocabulary.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1016629 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are banks people now?
You are totally hopeless!!!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1016630 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are banks people now?
I could not have proven my point any better. you are ignorant about where that money came from.

<Hint, it was the 1% you are bitching about>

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1016631 Nov 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Patriot Post??? Are you joking Flack???
There are hundreds of source stories to choose from and you choose that one?
Hahaha...have you figured out why Alex Sink is a cheater yet?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1016632 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call it a success. I merely corrected your mental twin's statement.
Homer....dumbass dave says you're an idiot.

Newville, PA

#1016633 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anyone who has been buying as an individual will save piles of money buying in the exchanges."
Why is that?
We know why you moved your employees to the exchanges. Moocher!
Wow, are there any right whiners that actually knows something about health insurance?

Eman doesn't know the difference in the cost of a policy from buying as an individual or buying as past of a group.

Eman likely gets his heath insurance through his employer Or the government because Eman has obviously never bought insurance as an individual.

I have not made my decision yet on my employees. I have a list of options and am exploring it.

My company would not qualify for any subsidies so there would be no "mooching".

Orlando, FL

#1016634 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not violent.
I'm honest.
Your daily spreading of lies and misinformation is treason
The right wingers you elected believe in killing traitors. I'm sorry you are one. Really.
So how is the government going to create jobs without the taxpayers paying for all those salaries?

And how is demonizing the wealthy who create jobs and pay for all those salaries justifiable?

Since you're honest and everything.

Newville, PA

#1016635 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the USDA, Flack is pretty damn close. Besides, you libturds ignore the word "supplemental" in SNAP, so that $800 is supposed to supplement what she's already paying for food.
"That [USDA] study found feeding four a healthy diet can run between $146 dollars a week on the low end, to $289 on the high end."
The more people you have, the cheaper (per person) it gets.
So,$146 -$289 a week is $1.75 -$345 per meal. Flack said he could do it for 90 cents a meal.

Flack planning on feeding a lot of burgoo
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1016636 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot. You're a bored old man.
BTW, I'm not defending the cops, I'm highlighting your stupidity. It wasn't a toy.
I'm bored??? LMAO, you're the one with 26,000 posts pally.

It was a fkn toy__sold in toy departments__for kids to play with.

I wonder if there is a NTRA???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 219,357
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 min boundary painter 2,852
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Rose of Tralee 103,121
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 min boundary painter 1,794
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 11 min boundary painter 8,518
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 19 min Mr X Lax 82
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,554

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages