Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,660)

Showing posts 933,181 - 933,200 of1,034,859
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

MAINTAINING A PRIVATE ENTERPRISE APPROACH

My proposed plan differs sharply with several of the other health insurance plans which have been prominently discussed. The primary difference is that my proposal would rely extensively on private insurers.

Any insurance company which could offer those benefits would be a potential supplier. Because private employers would have to provide certain basic benefits to their employees, they would have an incentive to seek out the best insurance company proposals and insurance companies would have an incentive to offer their plans at the lowest possible prices. If, on the other hand, the Government were to act as the insurer, there would be no competition and little incentive to hold down costs.

There is a huge reservoir of talent and skill in administering and designing health plans within the private sector. That pool of talent should be put to work.

It is also important to understand that the CHIP plan preserves basic freedoms for both the patient and doctor. The patient would continue to have a freedom of choice between doctors. The doctors would continue to work for their patients, not the Federal Government. By contrast, some of the national health plans that have been proposed in the Congress would place the entire health system under the heavy hand of the Federal Government, would add considerably to our tax burdens, and would threaten to destroy the entire system of medical care that has been so carefully built in America.

I firmly believe we should capitalize on the skills and facilities already in place, not replace them and start from scratch with a huge Federal bureaucracy to add to the ones we already have.

Richard Nixon
February 1974

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2009/...

Why didn't Democrats go along with this again?

If you read the entire speech, it's like Obamacare but with a lot less government intrusion.

Nevermind, that's probably why.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
properties in crime-ridden, decaying neighborhoods are poor credit risks....
There have been studies done that show the lowest income families often care the most about their neighborhoods.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

"Dem Party is F****d". Hahaha
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because cutting-edge technology is expensive and, in the end, it benefits us all.
Really know-it-all? What is your excuse then for Sylondra? In the end, it benefited a few of Obama's cronies.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

The USA and our lack of manufacturing capability is becoming problem...

"Ohio Runs Out Of Pentobarbital, Can't Execute Convicts"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-28/ohio...

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...only the few who are chronic consumers of medical care ever give much consideration to insurance...
If Galt was interviewing a potential employee and the candidate's first question was about medical insurance, the interview would be over (for all practical purposes).
I have gotten to the point if I see them in person, you can tell who is a liability and who is not. One tell tale sign of a sick person is their feet are turned completely out, they walk like ducks, this is a sure sign of illness.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because cutting-edge technology is expensive and, in the end, it benefits us all.
aren't you supposed to be saying that Pharma benefits you all? that is what the eugenics people say also.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a breast pump benefit a man?

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
What a effin lier Obama 'gave the go-ahead for Merkel phone tapping' as he wanted to 'know everything' about world's most powerful woman, German newspaper claims
Bild newspaper in Germany called US denials of eavesdropping 'diplomatic lies' as new documents from Washington suggest the bugging against the politicians began at least ten years ago.
it shows the type of person is with his lies
O'bama knows nuttin" --Joe Biden is the brains of the operation.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a breast pump benefit a man?
I am sure the liberals here can tell you:) they are all freaks of nature.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a company like Genentech need a government subsidy to test their products?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been studies done that show the lowest income families often care the most about their neighborhoods.
all that matters is the stability of property values...

"caring" counts for little...
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Obama came in to give White people free money hahahahaha lololololololololol nothing for the If I had a son he would look like trayvon crowd solar panels went kaput,obamacare hahahahaha well we know how that went after billions not one Patient served it really is a death panel because if you were waiting for obamacare you would be dead hahahahahahahalololol
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama knows nuttin" --Joe Biden is the brains of the operation.
normally your comments are intelligent and thoughtful...but not always...

Obama is Sergeant Schultz.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

the primary result of ObamaKKKare is to put millions more people on Medicaid, a welfare program...

why is this a good idea?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't keep up can you? According to our resident "petite Hymie", an article from last month isn't relevant if it doesn't conform to a repukes agenda. Try to keep up.
I asked YOU a simple question which YOU can't seem to - or don't want to - answer.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton should have taken care of Bin Ladin...
Yes, he should have, you dimwit.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Remember one thing: O'bama never cared about the American people. The progressives have been trying to so called 'heath care' foisted on the American people for 100 years. No wonder Joe Biden, the smarter of the two, said it was a big F N deal.
We KNOW cons don't care about Americans son.

After all, Romney said so.

And Limbaugh was hoping for an Obama failure!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>first of all I don't know what a mooshiner is--I do know what shining for coons is--maybe you are talking about shining for cows with a spot light huh?
Hmmmm...

"shining for coons..."

What is that?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lowlifes like you are so pleased that your government can save you a few pennies while robbing from our future generations.
It must make you feel real good, windbag.
I wish I could call you a low life....

... but you're not that high up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 933,181 - 933,200 of1,034,859
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,280
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Sublime1 96,167
Abby 4-21 15 min ScarletandOlive 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Religionthebiglie 47,098
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 20 min BackTrack 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Mothra 43,054
Amy 4-21 41 min Pippa 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance