Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
933,141 - 933,160 of 1,083,376 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, wow you are sooooooooooo smart.
More revenues means the economy is improving.
All the dumbass Republicans in Congress had to do to reduce the deficit was actually do something to help our economy grow. But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. If the eocomy improved, Obama would look good.
dumbass Dave ignores the tax increases and then end of tax holidays. Stupid fckn sheep

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Some of us do not want the government to "help" us. We have and continue to take care of ourselves. Taking care of your self is an alien thought to you, you are a professional mooch.
Peace
KMA
Eed, eed, Eed I know ou a senile old f*ck but you are the one of a government healthcare plan, not me.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus!!!!!!!!
No. You get an F.

Jesus told us to "give and it will be given unto you" and God loves a "cheerful giver".

Karl Marx said the state should steal people's money to redistribute it as the state saw fit.

See, you have made the state your god and juxtapose Jesus into it to fit your personal agenda.
dem

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

The teachings explicitly build on the pre-Sinai episode of manna (Exodus 16), in which the wandering Israelites are instructed to take as much of the divinely given foodstuff as they need, neither too much nor too little, and are at the same time given the command to observe the Sabbath day of rest. Both commands -- "Take what you need, no more," and "Balance work with rest" -- are the beginning of subversive unraveling of the world of empire under which the Israelites had been enslaved and oppressed. They point to the new, holy social order that is being birthed.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha, figures your stupid ass would recite the right wing lie.
Sink had zero to with the Carolina based BOA mortgage division beyond providing some office space in certain cities.
Figures that Emutt remembers the lie but not the dozens of debunkings.
Sink retired from banking in 2000.
figures you don't know sht about the people you back. But then its well after 10am, you're already sht faced. Keep looking, loser. Hahaha
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus!!!!!!!!
Are you a Christian?
dem

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text>Over the next ten years Carol? It will be over $20 trillion before Obama's last year.
Because you say so?
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dk wrangler who ya backing for president in 2016?
I'll BE YOUR FIRST LADY if you RUN HONEY CHILE banshee boi muah all over that pole spit dripping to the sack mmmmm mmmmmm mmmm we would be like Barak and MOOCHEELLE but we coming out the closet honey mmm mmmm we not gon hide our ZLOVE baby sssss yeah is come you how he gets

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex sink....haha, figures you'd back a cheater.
Ah yes, the queen of the Taj Mahal.

Remember, there are no cheaters in the democRAT party, only great citizens who slipped up and became greedy republicans for short periods of time.
dem

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>And I was pretty mad too! He carries his "fair and balanced" reputation a little too far when it comes to this president and this president's agenda!

And I made sure he knew it too! Oddly enough, he didn't hear me this time. Or just ignored me.

If you can believe that....
You prayed to Fox News and was ignored?
Blasphemy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you have some type of mental disorder you could use to procure grub.
No,
I have a job...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

igher payroll taxes an unwelcome surprise in 2013
Published: January 16, 2013

By DALE KASLER — The Sacramento Bee

The first paycheck of 2013 contained a nasty surprise for many workers: a tax increase that shrank their take-home earnings by 2 percent or more.

While the “fiscal cliff” compromise spared most Americans an increase in their income taxes, Congress allowed a temporary cut in payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare to expire. The tax increase comes at a time when worker paychecks are already under pressure from rising health care premiums and ongoing furloughs in the public sector. For many, it is big enough to offset any recent pay raise.

Matt Anhaiser, a Lexus of Roseville, Calif., employee, said he and his wife, a nurse, are losing a combined $283 a month.

“That is my truck payment, or all of the extracurricular activities for my children, or a week and a half of groceries,” said Anhaiser, 36.“That is significant to me.... I don’t know where it’s going to come from at this point.”

Economist Jeff Michael said the higher payroll tax will likely curb economic growth in 2013 by one-half of 1 percent. That won’t be nearly enough to knock the economy back into a recession – Michael still thinks the economy will expand by about 2 percent – but it will contribute to another year of sluggishness.

“It’s part of the reason why we’re expecting another year of this ... slow growth,” said Michael, director of the University of the Pacific’s Business Forecasting Center.“It’s going to weigh against some of the benefits we’re getting from improving real estate markets and improving job markets.”

Michael got a firsthand taste of the effect when he opened his own paycheck. He’ll lose about $100 a month – just enough to cancel out his raise for this year.

“Is it going to affect me? Certainly,” he said.

Michael said he wasn’t shocked at the higher payroll taxes. He said he and most other economists had figured the increases into their growth forecasts for 2013.

Michael and other experts agreed that by resolving the fiscal cliff crisis — and averting significant across-the-board increases in income taxes — Congress avoided doing major damage to the still-fragile economic recovery.

Still, the higher payroll taxes did surprise many wage earners. The high-profile fiscal cliff debate that consumed Congress in the waning days of 2012 mostly centered on income tax rates and government spending cuts.

Little attention was paid to Social Security and Medicare tax increases, which loomed in the background of the debate. When the dust settled, Congress quietly allowed a pair of 2-year-old payroll tax cuts to expire as of New Year’s Day.

With that, Social Security taxes have gone back up from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent. Medicare taxes have gone back up from 1.45 percent to 2.35 percent for higher-wage earners, starting at $200,000 for singles and $250,000 for couples filing joint returns.

Sally Hamilton, a professor at Drexel University’s graduate business school in Sacramento, said the expiration of the tax cut was almost inevitable.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

By allowing the taxes to rise, Congress can shore up the finances of two politically popular programs, she said. The main Social Security trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2035, and the Medicare trust fund is expected to run dry in 2024.

“The payroll tax cut was put in as a short-term idea when the economy was still worse than it is,” Hamilton said.“It was never intended, obviously, to last forever.... It was a fairly easy (issue) for them to find consensus on.”

That doesn’t make it go down any easier for most taxpayers.

Anhaiser, for one, isn’t convinced Social Security will be around when he reaches retirement age, even with the extra tax revenue. The 36-year-old said he might reduce his 401(k) contribution to compensate for the loss in take-home pay.

The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimated that 77 percent of U.S. households are affected by the higher payroll taxes.

“For someone making $50,000 a year, it’s a thousand bucks — that’s significant,” said Perry Ghilarducci, a principal at Auvant Ltd. certified public accountants in Sacramento, Calif.

The higher taxes follow years of income stagnation for most Americans.

“I’m just starting to see people get hired again, get interviews,(but) it’s definitely not back to where it was,” said Rosanna Venturini of ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions in the Sacramento area.“People are having to take jobs that pay less than what they were used to making.”

Wages have grown only about 2 percent a year on average since 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Most years, pay raises for many Americans have barely kept up with inflation.

Dale Kasler writes for The Sacramento Bee.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/16/2437...
dem

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>If your job requires a security clearance, as one example, your employer will know....and if you believe anything is confidential, you're in need of mental health services...
Lol!
Great debating you stupid as fk hillbilly.
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

TSM wrote:
The President/WH knew in 2010 that 93 million would lose their Health Care and we know the president strategy has always been to get to single payer!! So if the ACA collapse and Americans continuing losing their Health Care Coverage the only alternative or options left is government ’Single Payer!’
Look At the time line when the moocheelle classmate got the job at CGI
dem

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>dumbass Dave ignores the tax increases and then end of tax holidays. Stupid fckn sheep
Gunner please come back and retrain your mutt, emaam.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Over the next ten years Carol? It will be over $20 trillion before Obama's last year.
My bad. Just heard the figure $20 million as the projected cost from the CBO. Wasn't sure how long it would take to get there.

We might even get there before Obamacare kicks in at this rate.

But, then again, wasn't Obamacare designed to bankrupt the nation and a single payer system introduced by the state as the solution to the problem?

Pretty sure that's correct, right?
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

EVERYONE at CGI has the same Background except MOOCHEELLEs classmate she is a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER no real TECH background lololololololololo she just appeared on the payroll
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like nearly every state in the union has been doing for years?
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
I am betting that you shook children until they 'wised' up!!!!!!

And I am talking about both hands on their little 6 year old shoulders...shaking and cussing, and spit flying, and back handing...those little kids because they don't think like you...

I am calling the cops on you!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave ignores the tax increases and then end of tax holidays. Stupid fckn sheep
Imagine supporting a president who wants you to be ashamed of your country, who wants to fundamentally change America?

If it weren't for low information mouth breathers like Dave and Faketime, the fringe left wouldn't be running the country (into the ground.) They actually believe the progressive agenda is what the majority wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-30 6 min Mimi Seattle 14
last post wins! (Apr '13) 23 min Concerned_American 304
Abby 7-30 51 min Sublime1 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truth 48,986
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 175,089
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Stina2 97,575
Christianity 1 hr larry 1
•••
•••