Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346753 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016141 Nov 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all millionaires on here...living in trailers
"Life is just a fantasy"

and you are married to a lawyer...?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1016142 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Did you get an A in creative writingtic?
Tell us your tax bracket Flo, you keep bragging about yourself, come on now.
Flock off-and get your haggy azz nose outa my butt-you jackboot, etitlementalcase parrot bobble head.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1016143 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I pay very little Homer and once it kicks in it pays for everything. I pay cash Homer something you will never be able to understand. It is cheaper. Plus the money I don't have to send the insurance company(including not paying interest) goes toward saving to pay the doctor cash, for retirement, and enables me to continue to grow wealth.
You piss your money down the sewer.
Your plan of paying cash for health care to avoid paying for insurance because its cheaper should make every intelligent person reading it shake their heads in disbelief. Some day you will thank Obama for the pre-existing conditions clause in Obamacare.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1016144 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You should get a straw hat and a cane and take it on the road. I guess you are another one that thinks the rich keep their money in the vault in the basement. The economic ignorance of the American people is truly disheartening.
No, they don't keep it in a vault in the basement. They buy yachts! The boat show is on here in Ft Lauderdale this weekend; wait and see how much they drop there. They're buying more yachts and planes than ever; and also, Art Basel has never been more successful! They have so much cash to spend that they don't know what to do with it, so they build homes everywhere that they may spend only a day or two in. Your economic ignorance is appalling.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1016145 Nov 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the Republican outcry over all the whites who rioted (flipping cars, broken windows) after the game? Seems whites are "never far from turning times of peace into a violent flash mob riot after a sports game." The silence is telling.
They should all be shot in the street, aunt jemimah. In the end though, you can chalk this one up to the influence of hiphop chimp culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1016146 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
oh stfu fer kerrrists sakes, liar.
Lily's Train Wreck has arrived with Garbage in.. Garbage out...

It's the culture...
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1016147 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
They're all millionaires on here...living in trailers
lily's trailer is hitched up to the liquor store
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1016148 Nov 1, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you have one option...
Gather up your pitchforks and torches...
Get on your donkey and head to Mitt Romney's house and burn it down!
While you are in there can you get his tv for me?
Ann Romney wrote a cookbook with Mitts favorite meatloaf recipe.
Go buy it, they need the money.
Fking meatloaf? What the hell is that all about? Is is trying to depict himself as one of the poor masses who eat meatloaf?
Those two are so out of touch with reality that it's almost funny.
Mitt said "I know how to roast a chicken"; get the fk outta here.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1016149 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They really should teach these sort of things in school - How to balance a checkbook, how to budget, buying in bulk, cutting coupons, etc. There is a lot of money wasted, I will agree with you there, however growing up poor sometimes it was choice of home heating oil, putting food on the table or paying the home insurance bill in full.
This is why the rich get richer and the poor struggle -
When a bill comes in for let's say $1,000 they pay it in full, a poor person with the same bill doesn't have $1,000 so they make payments and pay interest and at the end of the day they pay more.
It's a vicious cycle that poor people get caught in Flack, be glad you never had that problem and I hope you never do.
I fully do not expect you to understand.
Oughta be mandatory for high school graduation.

NO Excuses.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1016150 Nov 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, as usual-LoserTic.
Not you Flo; I know you live in a shack.
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1016151 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes dummy, if you had a brain, you'd realize that Walmart has a damn good deal going on here. They pay their employees minimum wage and only give them parttime hours; then they instruct them on how to apply for Medicaid and foodstamps to supplement their meager earnings.
Then, those same slaves spend their little money at Walmart and use their foodstamps there as well. The fill their Medicaid prescriptions at the Walmart pharmacy.
Walmart believes in a socialized system.
Can you comprehend that?
lily laments the loss of her "career" as a Walmart Greeter
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1016152 Nov 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Real grown up of you. To bad you never learned self-discipline and control. Seems to be a recurring theme with Republicans.
I bet you threw a lot of temper tantrums as a child. Explains why you shut down the government. Go ahead...stomp your feet, stick out your tongue, put your thumb in your ears and wiggle your fingers all you want. It won't change the FACT that the ACA is the law of the land.
LMAO!! You've really got some unpleasant surprises coming your way chimpy....
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1016153 Nov 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
CHART:'Winners And Losers From Obamacare'
University of Michigan professor and senior Brookings fellow Justin Wolfers on Thursday created a chart depicting the "winners and losers" under the Affordable Care Act, sourced to a Ryan Lizza article that used estimates from M.I.T. economist Jon Gruber, a former adviser to Mitt Romney.
The chart portrays the degree to which Republicans and critics of Obamacare have amplified the media's coverage around the relatively small percentage of Americans who have received cancellation notices for stripped-down individual market plans that failed to meet the benefit requirements of the ACA.
Gruber, called the architect of Romney's successful health care plan in Massachusetts, argues that of the six percent of Americans who buy their own health care on the individual market, three percent would have negligible change to their policies. He also addresses President Obama's memorable but over-simplified promise, that if you like your plan, you would be able to keep it. From Lizza's writeup:
“We’ve decided as a society that we don’t want people to have insurance plans that expose them to more than six thousand dollars in out-of-pocket expenses,” Gruber said. Obama obviously should have known that his blanket statement about “keeping what you have” could not apply to this class of policyholders.
Gruber summarized his stats: ninety-seven per cent of Americans are either left alone or are clear winners, while three per cent are arguably losers.“We have to as a society be able to accept that,” he said.“Don’t get me wrong, that’s a shame, but no law in the history of America makes everyone better off.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/chart-w...
His 97% estimate is Bullship!

"5 Effects Obamacare Will Have on Working Americans"

Obamacare will certainly have a negative impact on every American, but here are five ways it will harm working Americans:

1) Two-thirds of American employees’ wages will decrease as employers deal with increasing costs.

2) Loss of existing insurance coverage.

3) Premiums in the individual market are set to skyrocket.

4) Full-time workers turned part-time to avoid the employer mandate.

5) The heavy burden of 18 taxes and penalties.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/11/02/5-effects...

Do check out this cited link and see the explanations for all 5 reasons.

Wolfers couldn't be more wrong!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016154 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I pay very little Homer and once it kicks in it pays for everything. I pay cash Homer something you will never be able to understand. It is cheaper. Plus the money I don't have to send the insurance company(including not paying interest) goes toward saving to pay the doctor cash, for retirement, and enables me to continue to grow wealth.
You piss your money down the sewer.
I bet I pay even littler, plus my deductibles are paid for.
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1016155 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
oh stfu fer kerrrists sakes, liar.
lily's "offspring" continue to be mortified by their mama's filthy tongue
Laney F

New York, NY

#1016156 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney made money on the destruction of others; by loading debt onto companies and bankrupting them. This is legalized stealing. He then launders his money in other countries. He joins many other scoundrels who rape this country and then spend their lives running from the tax man. Where will they all end up? Living at sea?
He should take a lesson from this man:
Admit that you, and I and others in the magnificent '1%' grew up in a gilded age of credit, where those who borrowed money or charged fees on expanding financial assets had a much better chance of making it to the big tent than those who used their hands for a living.
But Gross is not just assuaging his personal guilt by penning a cri de wallet: He suggests the soaring income inequality of the past few decades is a serious problem for the entire U.S. economy:
Developed economies work best when inequality of incomes are at a minimum. Right now, the U.S. ranks 16th on a Gini coefficient for developed countries, barely ahead of Spain and Greece. By reducing the 20% of national income that “golden scrooges” now earn, by implementing more equitable tax reform that equalizes capital gains, carried interest and nominal income tax rates, we might move up the list to challenge more productive economies such as Germany and Canada.
He joins another billionaire, America's grandfatherly mascot of capitalism, Warren Buffett, in calling for higher taxes on the wealthy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/bill...
You really are delusional and a hypocrite. How much of your wealth do you share? How generous to charities are you? How many jobs have you ever created? And how many businesses can stay in business without making the smartest business decisions. Neither you or the Obammy's could answer any of the above questions honestly.

Meanwhile, Obammy loves people just like the Romneys, when convenient.

August 2013

President Obama is renting out a private equity guru’s mega-mansion during his 8-day Martha’s Vineyard family vacation.

Obama and his family arrived Saturday at the $7.6 million home of David Schulte, founder of the private equity firm Chilmark Partners. The four-bedroom, 5,000-square foot home sits on nine and a half acres in the Chilmark area of Martha’s Vineyard and boasts “floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Atlantic.” According to Bloomberg’s Juliana Goldman,“While the First Family’s there, they can swim in the Infinity pool, they could shoot hoops on a half-basketball court, even hit the gym, they could also play tennis on the tennis court there.”

Schulte, whose private equity firm specializes in mergers and acquisitions and corporate “restructuring,” was one of Obama’s 2013 inaugural donors. Before founding the Chicago-based Chilmark Partners in 1984, Schulte, a Yale Law School graduate, directed the Wall Street investment bank Salomon Brothers’“Corporate Reorganization Group.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/11/obama-stays...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1016157 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Not you Flo; I know you live in a shack.
Little early to be so spaced out on that purple drank there-eh clueless hag?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1016158 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
To officially sign up, you have to make the first payment.
Why do you expect people to pay 3 months in advance?
Maybe because half of the uninsured are drug addicted diseased deadbeat lazy slackers...
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1016159 Nov 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Ann Romney wrote a cookbook with Mitts favorite meatloaf recipe.
Go buy it, they need the money.
Fking meatloaf? What the hell is that all about? Is is trying to depict himself as one of the poor masses who eat meatloaf?
Those two are so out of touch with reality that it's almost funny.
Mitt said "I know how to roast a chicken"; get the fk outta here.
lily only drinks her meals
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016160 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Pimco
(Pacific Investment Management Company, LLC)
Description
Pimco - Pacific Investment Management Company, LLC
Pimco, the world's largest bond fund manager, is owned by German insurance giant Allianz. The company opened its first office in Latin America in Rio de Janeiro in September 2012. The company will operate in Brazil as Pimco Latin America Administradora de Carteiras. Headquartered in California, Pimco was founded in 1971, and has more than 2,000 employees.
Peppy named his oldest son Pimco

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min Doug77 7,298
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dr Guru 207,521
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Into The Night 57,266
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Red_Forman 608
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 1,581
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,642
NO corkscrew, open win bottle. 5 hr POS Gone 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages