Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Bronx, NY

#1015632 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dk wrangler who ya backing for president in 2016?
I'll BE YOUR FIRST LADY if you RUN HONEY CHILE banshee boi muah all over that pole spit dripping to the sack mmmmm mmmmmm mmmm we would be like Barak and MOOCHEELLE but we coming out the closet honey mmm mmmm we not gon hide our ZLOVE baby sssss yeah is come you how he gets

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1015633 Oct 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex sink....haha, figures you'd back a cheater.
Ah yes, the queen of the Taj Mahal.

Remember, there are no cheaters in the democRAT party, only great citizens who slipped up and became greedy republicans for short periods of time.
dem

United States

#1015634 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>And I was pretty mad too! He carries his "fair and balanced" reputation a little too far when it comes to this president and this president's agenda!

And I made sure he knew it too! Oddly enough, he didn't hear me this time. Or just ignored me.

If you can believe that....
You prayed to Fox News and was ignored?
Blasphemy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1015635 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you have some type of mental disorder you could use to procure grub.
No,
I have a job...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1015636 Oct 31, 2013
igher payroll taxes an unwelcome surprise in 2013
Published: January 16, 2013

By DALE KASLER — The Sacramento Bee

The first paycheck of 2013 contained a nasty surprise for many workers: a tax increase that shrank their take-home earnings by 2 percent or more.

While the “fiscal cliff” compromise spared most Americans an increase in their income taxes, Congress allowed a temporary cut in payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare to expire. The tax increase comes at a time when worker paychecks are already under pressure from rising health care premiums and ongoing furloughs in the public sector. For many, it is big enough to offset any recent pay raise.

Matt Anhaiser, a Lexus of Roseville, Calif., employee, said he and his wife, a nurse, are losing a combined $283 a month.

“That is my truck payment, or all of the extracurricular activities for my children, or a week and a half of groceries,” said Anhaiser, 36.“That is significant to me.... I don’t know where it’s going to come from at this point.”

Economist Jeff Michael said the higher payroll tax will likely curb economic growth in 2013 by one-half of 1 percent. That won’t be nearly enough to knock the economy back into a recession – Michael still thinks the economy will expand by about 2 percent – but it will contribute to another year of sluggishness.

“It’s part of the reason why we’re expecting another year of this ... slow growth,” said Michael, director of the University of the Pacific’s Business Forecasting Center.“It’s going to weigh against some of the benefits we’re getting from improving real estate markets and improving job markets.”

Michael got a firsthand taste of the effect when he opened his own paycheck. He’ll lose about $100 a month – just enough to cancel out his raise for this year.

“Is it going to affect me? Certainly,” he said.

Michael said he wasn’t shocked at the higher payroll taxes. He said he and most other economists had figured the increases into their growth forecasts for 2013.

Michael and other experts agreed that by resolving the fiscal cliff crisis — and averting significant across-the-board increases in income taxes — Congress avoided doing major damage to the still-fragile economic recovery.

Still, the higher payroll taxes did surprise many wage earners. The high-profile fiscal cliff debate that consumed Congress in the waning days of 2012 mostly centered on income tax rates and government spending cuts.

Little attention was paid to Social Security and Medicare tax increases, which loomed in the background of the debate. When the dust settled, Congress quietly allowed a pair of 2-year-old payroll tax cuts to expire as of New Year’s Day.

With that, Social Security taxes have gone back up from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent. Medicare taxes have gone back up from 1.45 percent to 2.35 percent for higher-wage earners, starting at $200,000 for singles and $250,000 for couples filing joint returns.

Sally Hamilton, a professor at Drexel University’s graduate business school in Sacramento, said the expiration of the tax cut was almost inevitable.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1015637 Oct 31, 2013
By allowing the taxes to rise, Congress can shore up the finances of two politically popular programs, she said. The main Social Security trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2035, and the Medicare trust fund is expected to run dry in 2024.

“The payroll tax cut was put in as a short-term idea when the economy was still worse than it is,” Hamilton said.“It was never intended, obviously, to last forever.... It was a fairly easy (issue) for them to find consensus on.”

That doesn’t make it go down any easier for most taxpayers.

Anhaiser, for one, isn’t convinced Social Security will be around when he reaches retirement age, even with the extra tax revenue. The 36-year-old said he might reduce his 401(k) contribution to compensate for the loss in take-home pay.

The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimated that 77 percent of U.S. households are affected by the higher payroll taxes.

“For someone making $50,000 a year, it’s a thousand bucks — that’s significant,” said Perry Ghilarducci, a principal at Auvant Ltd. certified public accountants in Sacramento, Calif.

The higher taxes follow years of income stagnation for most Americans.

“I’m just starting to see people get hired again, get interviews,(but) it’s definitely not back to where it was,” said Rosanna Venturini of ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions in the Sacramento area.“People are having to take jobs that pay less than what they were used to making.”

Wages have grown only about 2 percent a year on average since 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Most years, pay raises for many Americans have barely kept up with inflation.

Dale Kasler writes for The Sacramento Bee.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/16/2437...
dem

United States

#1015638 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>If your job requires a security clearance, as one example, your employer will know....and if you believe anything is confidential, you're in need of mental health services...
Lol!
Great debating you stupid as fk hillbilly.
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Bronx, NY

#1015639 Oct 31, 2013
TSM wrote:
The President/WH knew in 2010 that 93 million would lose their Health Care and we know the president strategy has always been to get to single payer!! So if the ACA collapse and Americans continuing losing their Health Care Coverage the only alternative or options left is government ’Single Payer!’
Look At the time line when the moocheelle classmate got the job at CGI
dem

United States

#1015640 Oct 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>dumbass Dave ignores the tax increases and then end of tax holidays. Stupid fckn sheep
Gunner please come back and retrain your mutt, emaam.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1015641 Oct 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Over the next ten years Carol? It will be over $20 trillion before Obama's last year.
My bad. Just heard the figure $20 million as the projected cost from the CBO. Wasn't sure how long it would take to get there.

We might even get there before Obamacare kicks in at this rate.

But, then again, wasn't Obamacare designed to bankrupt the nation and a single payer system introduced by the state as the solution to the problem?

Pretty sure that's correct, right?
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Bronx, NY

#1015642 Oct 31, 2013
EVERYONE at CGI has the same Background except MOOCHEELLEs classmate she is a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER no real TECH background lololololololololo she just appeared on the payroll
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1015643 Oct 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like nearly every state in the union has been doing for years?
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
I am betting that you shook children until they 'wised' up!!!!!!

And I am talking about both hands on their little 6 year old shoulders...shaking and cussing, and spit flying, and back handing...those little kids because they don't think like you...

I am calling the cops on you!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1015644 Oct 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave ignores the tax increases and then end of tax holidays. Stupid fckn sheep
Imagine supporting a president who wants you to be ashamed of your country, who wants to fundamentally change America?

If it weren't for low information mouth breathers like Dave and Faketime, the fringe left wouldn't be running the country (into the ground.) They actually believe the progressive agenda is what the majority wants.

Orlando, FL

#1015645 Oct 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A product will only sell for what the market will bear. Government involvement in the free market is what causes the problems.
You don't think the government should have stepped in to regulate Fannie and Freddie?

Because I do.

This is where you and I apparently part company.
dem

United States

#1015646 Oct 31, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, the queen of the Taj Mahal.

Remember, there are no cheaters in the democRAT party, only great citizens who slipped up and became greedy republicans for short periods of time.
Nostrilfuckface for sure
dem

United States

#1015647 Oct 31, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>No,
I have a job...
Liar
dem

United States

#1015648 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>My bad. Just heard the figure $20 million as the projected cost from the CBO. Wasn't sure how long it would take to get there.

We might even get there before Obamacare kicks in at this rate.

But, then again, wasn't Obamacare designed to bankrupt the nation and a single payer system introduced by the state as the solution to the problem?

Pretty sure that's correct, right?
Don't apologize to that idiot.
He hasn't spoken the truth in years

Orlando, FL

#1015649 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
correct...the free market, something we do not have because of the government, corrects itself....
you are a liberal....
So, apparently, you, like flack, believe the government should not have stepped in to regulate and oversee Fannie and Freddie before it was too late?

Because we differ greatly on the government's role to protect consumers from this kind of reckless greed otherwise.
dem

United States

#1015650 Oct 31, 2013
flack wrote:
By allowing the taxes to rise, Congress can shore up the finances of two politically popular programs, she said. The main Social Security trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2035, and the Medicare trust fund is expected to run dry in 2024.

“The payroll tax cut was put in as a short-term idea when the economy was still worse than it is,” Hamilton said.“It was never intended, obviously, to last forever.... It was a fairly easy (issue) for them to find consensus on.”

That doesnÂ’t make it go down any easier for most taxpayers.

Anhaiser, for one, isnÂ’t convinced Social Security will be around when he reaches retirement age, even with the extra tax revenue. The 36-year-old said he might reduce his 401(k) contribution to compensate for the loss in take-home pay.

The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimated that 77 percent of U.S. households are affected by the higher payroll taxes.

“For someone making $50,000 a year, it’s a thousand bucks — that’s significant,” said Perry Ghilarducci, a principal at Auvant Ltd. certified public accountants in Sacramento, Calif.

The higher taxes follow years of income stagnation for most Americans.

“I’m just starting to see people get hired again, get interviews,(but) it’s definitely not back to where it was,” said Rosanna Venturini of ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions in the Sacramento area.“People are having to take jobs that pay less than what they were used to making.”

Wages have grown only about 2 percent a year on average since 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Most years, pay raises for many Americans have barely kept up with inflation.

Dale Kasler writes for The Sacramento Bee.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/01/16/2437...
Yet no outrage for the 24 billion the tea party just cost us???
Why, tea bagger???
Why????
SEX Y WOW DEMS LOVER

Bronx, NY

#1015651 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
The teachings explicitly build on the pre-Sinai episode of manna (Exodus 16), in which the wandering Israelites are instructed to take as much of the divinely given foodstuff as they need, neither too much nor too little, and are at the same time given the command to observe the Sabbath day of rest. Both commands -- "Take what you need, no more," and "Balance work with rest" -- are the beginning of subversive unraveling of the world of empire under which the Israelites had been enslaved and oppressed. They point to the new, holy social order that is being birthed.
Preach Eddie Long Preach HONEY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,922
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rogue Scholar 05 182,216
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min L Morales 71,296
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 47 min L Morales 8
Fight at Navy Pier 48 min ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance