Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278722 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1015822 Oct 31, 2013
I just jumped over about 800 posts and I'm sure nothing has changed...Obstructionist Republicans are still stuck on stupid and posting the most illogical, preposterous and fundamentally bizarre arguments to see the light of day.

"President Obama wasn't born in the United States" "President Obama won't protect the country" "President Obama is a Muslim sympathizer" "President Obama is a communist"
"President Obama is gay"
"President Obama will take your guns"
"We Republicans are fiscal conservatives"
"We in the Republican Party stand for reducing the size of the federal government"
"Social Security is going broke"
"Death Panels"
"Government takeover of health care"
"IRS collecting personal healthcare data"
"Doctors are being forced to ask people about their sex lives."
"Everyone's healhcare information will be leaked to the world"
"Anyone who believes in income inequality is just jealous of success"
"Tax Cuts Pay for Themselves"
"Taxing the rich will slow economic growth" "Cutting taxes on the rich creates jobs"
"The Rich Pay Too Much in Taxes Already"
"Hillary Clinton denied security for Benghazi"
"Obama personally approved spying on German Chancellor"

There we have it...a very small list of Rethugs rambling on and on and on...desperate to fill the air with so much nonsense that the truth will be hard to find. Silly twits.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1015823 Oct 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Surveying the GOP wreckage
A survey of the wreckage reveals a GOP blamed for the dysfunction, seen as both uncompromising and unprincipled and having earned the title of “most unpopular major political party in the history of U.S. polling.”
Public distaste for congressional Republicans is palpable.
Start with the Fox News poll last week that found 75 percent disapproving of the job Republicans in Congress are doing and just 20 percent approving. Fox has been asking the question since 2005, and disapproval never exceeded 60 percent until late 2011. Now standing at a record 75 percent, it is 9 points higher than it was just two months ago.
Lest you assume it’s simply a plague on everyone’s house, disapproval of Republicans in Congress is 12 points higher than that for their Democratic colleagues, while approval is 13 points lower.
Other polls are in the same record neighborhood.
In a recent CBS poll, 78 percent disapproved of the way congressional Republicans are handling their job. Quinnipiac pegged the number at 74 percent, matching a record high for the poll.
Pew, looking at attitudes toward Republican leaders in Congress, found 72 percent disapproving. From 1997, when Pew first asked the question, until 2011, disapproval never exceeded 60 percent.
None of these polls suggest deep affection for congressional Democrats, but in every case they are much more highly regarded than their GOP counterparts.
The Republican Party itself has also achieved record heights of unpopularity.
In the Fox News poll, 63 percent harbored unfavorable views, with just 30 percent reacting favorably. Unfavorables for the GOP are the highest ever recorded and 16 points higher than the average over the Fox poll’s lifetime. And while voters are now unfavorable rather than favorable to Republicans by a 33-point margin, for Democrats that margin is just 9 points.
I could go on citing the record level of unfavorables for the GOP — 64 percent in a CNN poll, 63 percent in an ABC/Washington Post poll and 62 percent for Gallup — but, suffice to say, never in the history of polling has either party been seen unfavorably by as many voters as the Republicans are today.
http://thehill.com/opinion/mark-mellman/18859...
better than watching NASCAR.
So you DO watch NASCAR between DWTS, Tavis Smiley and Bill Moyers, eh?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1015824 Oct 31, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's easier to try and fool people you dummy, than it is to convince them you have NOT been fooled you idiot..
"No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what."
Name the liar you idiot lackey?? Clue: It's not Bush...
It's the culture...
"No Surprize"
Do not hold your breath waiting for an honest answer. You will not get one, you will get a little dance, a little dodge and a lot of spin.
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

#1015825 Oct 31, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
I just jumped over about 800 posts and I'm sure nothing has changed...Obstructionist Republicans are still stuck on stupid and posting the most illogical, preposterous and fundamentally bizarre arguments to see the light of day.
"President Obama wasn't born in the United States" "President Obama won't protect the country" "President Obama is a Muslim sympathizer" "President Obama is a communist"
"President Obama is gay"
"President Obama will take your guns"
"We Republicans are fiscal conservatives"
"We in the Republican Party stand for reducing the size of the federal government"
"Social Security is going broke"
"Death Panels"
"Government takeover of health care"
"IRS collecting personal healthcare data"
"Doctors are being forced to ask people about their sex lives."
"Everyone's healhcare information will be leaked to the world"
"Anyone who believes in income inequality is just jealous of success"
"Tax Cuts Pay for Themselves"
"Taxing the rich will slow economic growth" "Cutting taxes on the rich creates jobs"
"The Rich Pay Too Much in Taxes Already"
"Hillary Clinton denied security for Benghazi"
"Obama personally approved spying on German Chancellor"
There we have it...a very small list of Rethugs rambling on and on and on...desperate to fill the air with so much nonsense that the truth will be hard to find. Silly twits.
There we have it...a very small list of airhead Liberals rambling on and on and on...desperate to fill the air with so much nonsense that the truth will be hard to find. Silly twits
LCNLin

United States

#1015826 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
What high school did that cabinet member go to?
This should be interesting. And I won't stop asking.
Happy you devote time to repeating the same elite nonsense from the tea party.
LCNLin

United States

#1015827 Oct 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then laugh son!
Same sockpuppet posting under ten names.
Teabaggers are funny
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1015828 Oct 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO watch NASCAR between DWTS, Tavis Smiley and Bill Moyers, eh?
i actually don't watch NASCAR. if they had more wrecks i might, but hey, the GOP is filling the gap so it's all good.

Lapeer, MI

#1015829 Oct 31, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole idea about universal health care working as being half way affordable is by EVERYONE being on it. Especially those healthy 20 somethings, that is what drives the costs down. It works EVERYWHERE else that way around the world, yet the only country that didn't have it, the good ole USA had the highest medical costs by as much as a third over everyone else. Now that is just BS, not only that medicine costs twice as much too, why do you think people do the drug runs to Mexico & Canada to fill their scripts. If you think this system is something you need to defend even shutdown government over is beyond belief.
With age comes wisdom.

This means that you are what? 10 years old?

Hang in there. God takes care of Drunks, Fools and Little Boys.

Yer covered:)

Lapeer, MI

#1015830 Oct 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i actually don't watch NASCAR. if they had more wrecks i might, but hey, the GOP is filling the gap so it's all good.
If it's wrecks that you enjoy watching, keep tuned in to Obamacare, Dood:)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015831 Oct 31, 2013
lol! Gotta love it!

"U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with ‘Top Gun’-worthy stunt

By Douglas Ernst
The Washington Times
Thursday, September 19, 2013

The U.S. Air Force has a message for Iran: Don’t mess with our drones.

In what only can be described as a scene out of Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun,” Gen. Mark A. Welsh III, Air Force chief of staff, describes how F-22 stealth jets scared off Iranian jets from a U.S. drone flying in international airspace.

The Aviationist reports that in March a U.S. MQ-1 drone came close to being intercepted by an Iranian F-4 Phantom combat plane, but the Iranian aircraft stopped short after a warning by an American pilot.

“He [the Raptor pilot] flew under their aircraft [the F-4s] to check out their weapons load without them knowing that he was there, and then pulled up on their left wing and then called them and said ‘you really ought to go home,’” Gen. Welsh said.

According to The Aviationist, the Iranians came within 16 miles of the drone.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015832 Oct 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sockpuppet posting under ten names.
Teabaggers are funny
Fear does that to reich wingers!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015833 Oct 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb" is in over his head, too. Just ask his Proctologist.
You should ask your "b rain" son....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015834 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, apparently, you, like flack, believe the government should not have stepped in to regulate and oversee Fannie and Freddie before it was too late?
Because we differ greatly on the government's role to protect consumers from this kind of reckless greed otherwise.
Fannie and Freddie should not exist...

if you want a government nanny, you are a liberal...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015835 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, apparently, you, like flack, believe the government should not have stepped in to regulate and oversee Fannie and Freddie before it was too late?
Because we differ greatly on the government's role to protect consumers from this kind of reckless greed otherwise.
let me respond in a different way, Carol...do you lack the intelligence to protect yourself from "reckless greed"?
LCNLin

United States

#1015836 Oct 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
lol! Gotta love it!
"U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with ‘Top Gun’-worthy stunt
By Douglas Ernst
The Washington Times
Thursday, September 19, 2013
The U.S. Air Force has a message for Iran: Don’t mess with our drones.
In what only can be described as a scene out of Tom Cruise’s “Top Gun,” Gen. Mark A. Welsh III, Air Force chief of staff, describes how F-22 stealth jets scared off Iranian jets from a U.S. drone flying in international airspace.
The Aviationist reports that in March a U.S. MQ-1 drone came close to being intercepted by an Iranian F-4 Phantom combat plane, but the Iranian aircraft stopped short after a warning by an American pilot.
“He [the Raptor pilot] flew under their aircraft [the F-4s] to check out their weapons load without them knowing that he was there, and then pulled up on their left wing and then called them and said ‘you really ought to go home,’” Gen. Welsh said.
According to The Aviationist, the Iranians came within 16 miles of the drone.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Tea Party seems financed by Putin
Watch their commie posts.
They hate America
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015837 Oct 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt admits that the job of the Republican Party is be be against anything Obama is for.
Obama was for helping this country recover, Republican were then against it.
I vote for those who I think will best help our country. Evidently Galt votes for whoever will help his brain dead party.
Dumbass Dave moves one step closer to the ignore list...
LCNLin

United States

#1015838 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Fannie and Freddie should not exist...
if you want a government nanny, you are a liberal...
this has taken over your life.
No one reads your stuff but you post and post the same nonsense.:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015839 Oct 31, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in need of such services. In my profession, I am a provider of such services. I know the law, I know how empolyers obtain information, and I am more familiar than I would like to be with how insurance companies share information.
Someone who is seeing a counselor because of depression, anxiety, family problems, marriage issues, etc does not have to worry about anyone "finding out". If you have proof that someone has been denied security clearnance because they were recieiving MH services (other than for a psychotic disorder), I would love to see it.
so, no clerks who work in your office or similar offices ever gossip...nobody ever sees a patient walking into or out of a psychiatric office...nobody ever runs into someone they know at your office...nobody at the pharmacy ever talks about patient medications...

if your employer finds out, its just a matter of time before they find an excuse to dump you...

BS, there is no privacy....

Lapeer, MI

#1015840 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
let me respond in a different way, Carol...do you lack the intelligence to protect yourself from "reckless greed"?
A Fool and his/her money are soon parted.

Caveat Emptor...

"Help me! I'm Stupid!"

"I'll follow you anywhere if you let me hide beneath your skirt"

Is *THIS* what government is for?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015841 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if I may...
Some people simply can't afford to pay cash and some medications are quite expensive.
You do want those less fortunate to be able to afford medicine for themselves and their children?
Maybe you should better explain your position and another solution because it almost seems cold-hearted, and I really don't want to think that about you.
most Americans are grossly over-medicated....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Whiny1 6,447
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Earthling-1 54,617
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 197,169
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 58 min We want you 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,678
abby 9-4-15 1 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 5
ask amy 9-4-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages