Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262824 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1014950 Oct 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The 2004 interview just befoe the election response:
" But at this stage, it's way too premature. Politics is a marathon. So many things can change. You can't plan 12 years ahead. But what I will say is this: We can win the race we're in now. I think I have the aptitude to be a terrific United States senator. And if, at the end of my first term, the people of Illinois say, "This guy's been serving us well," then I'll be in a strong position to have a lot of influence in this country for a long time to come—whether or not I'm president."
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/world/Oprah-Winfrey-Inte...
He made 146 days. 12 years! After his first term!! LMAO!!!!! SUCKERS!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014951 Oct 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Over the past month or so now, I keep reading from different authors that America is just one bullet away from a Civil War.
Patriots against Gun Control Traitors.
Is that what Putin is telling you people?

Or is it Assad?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1014952 Oct 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the legislation or policy changes the Democrats made in the first 9 months of 2007 that created this recession. I keep asking & you keep running.
Since you can't list anything, all you are doing is blaming the Democrats for not stopping the destruction caused by the Republican administration & previous Congress.
The dems took over control of the country. That is all that was needed. As you can see 7 years later and we are still fcuked.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1014953 Oct 30, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary will not run because of her poor health and the lingering effects of her stroke...
And her lying about Benghazi that will haunt her until they screw her into the ground.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014954 Oct 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The dems took over control of the country. That is all that was needed. As you can see 7 years later and we are still fcuked.
bushie boy did a damn fine job, didn't he son?

Lapeer, MI

#1014955 Oct 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What does garbage in/garbage out have to do with oral sex, Semenhole Surprize (sic)? When are they going to pry that gun from your cold, dead azz, like all the other Grumpy Old Pricks?
"...66 bottles of beer on the wall, 66 bottles of beer...upyerbutt andinyer ear....."

Go back into the beer hall, baby.

...and stay there.

Suuferin' Succotash, yer diction is despicable.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1014956 Oct 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The dems took over control of the country. That is all that was needed. As you can see 7 years later and we are still fcuked.
The Hells kitchen chef's Pelosi and Reid cooked-up and produced nothing but poison, since 2007 losing 750,000 jobs per month, the worst recession in 80 years, controlling the purse strings, a Housing Collapse, a near financial meltdown, tripling the debt, two quagmire wars Clinton started that Kerry and Clinton democRats voted for before they were against...

AND... Hair Balls for brains Hairy Reid is still cooking-up more poison and hate for America when W was and left office, something, an overdose of poison even a sellout obama still can't recover from today...

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1014957 Oct 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He made 146 days. 12 years! After his first term!! LMAO!!!!! SUCKERS!!!!
If Obama took office in Jan of 2005 & declared in May of 2007, how is that 146 days?

Lapeer, MI

#1014958 Oct 30, 2013
Laney F wrote:
Barack Obama: America’s Commander-in-Deceit
Another former Mainstream Media ally also blasted the Obama Administration last weekend, for lying to the public.
A CBS “60 Minutes” special on Benghazi called the attack “a planned, sophisticated” act of terrorism by al Qaeda against a “barely protected American outpost.”
CBS also blamed the White House for “misinformation” and “confusion” following the attack, as Obama and other Administration officials repeatedly mislead the public with false reports of a peaceful protest gone awry.
These damning indictments of the Obama Administration should hardly surprise anyone.
The go-to responses when backed into a corner are either denial of knowledge (“I know nothing and even if I did, I couldn’t tell you”),
or outright lies (“If you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan”).
In every scandal plaguing the Obama Administration, the information initially given to the public or to congressional investigators, rarely has turned out to be true.
We are beginning to see Sargent Schultz's phallic Army Helmet clearer with each passing day.

Lapeer, MI

#1014959 Oct 30, 2013
dem wrote:
This is unacceptable. On December 12th(1983), our U.S. embassy in Kuwait was attacked by a suicide truck bomber. This blatant act of terror killed 5 people. Yet, the weak willed President Reagan refuses to call it an Act of Terror.
Here's what happened:
On December 12, 1983, a truck laden with 45 large cylinders of gas connected to plastic explosives broke through the front gates of the American Embassy in Kuwait City and rammed into the embassy's three-story administrative annex, demolishing half the structure. The shock blew out windows and doors in distant homes and shops.
The pitifully limp response from the Reagan White House below:
First of all, he never even put out an official statement condemning the act. His first public response to the act was a MEDIA interview with the New York Daily News when asked about it. No where in that interview does he call the incident an "act of terror". Sure, he talks generically about "world wide terrorism", but it isn't clear if he's talking about Kuwait or the previous Lebanon bombings from earlier in the year.
He didn't make any more public statements until two days later he was again asked about the incident. He again refused to even mention the word "terror".
Is this Bush-Bashing retro, brothu?

Liberal Habit: If you can't stand the present then retreat to the past and blame someone else

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1014960 Oct 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy did a damn fine job, didn't he son?
Well let's see. Unemployment under 5% for most of his time in office despite 911. Didn't care much for a lot of the stuff he did but he took serious the war on terror. Good grief think of the mess we would be in if Al Gore was president on 911. Shudder!!!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1014961 Oct 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Republicans held the White House &ran Each & Every Department of government until about noon of Jan 20th, 2009.

With filibusters in the Senate, Cheney holding the tie breaker & Bush with his veto, how did the Democrats do all of this damage as you claim?

You can't even list any legislation that would have created the recession in just 9 moths.

Do you people know just how f*cking stupid that argument is?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1014962 Oct 30, 2013
Obama admin knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law.

One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it.

But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.

Name the liar anyone?

It's the culture..

Lapeer, MI

#1014963 Oct 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what Putin is telling you people?
Or is it Assad?
Are you dropping Goldfish into your pants again?

Animal cruelty.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1014964 Oct 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>We Tea Party Patriots don't give a shit what you stupid Australian liberals think Greg...
It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them you have NOT been fooled you idiot..
AMD.... I'm Republican because we can't all be on Welfare and handouts like you Greg...
It's the culture...
BS, see what i mean! when you have nothing to sell play the man not the ball and that's it in a nutshell for you tea baggers who have destroyed the Republican party. Just ask McCain or Barbara Bush they will tell you.
You seem to forget quite easily that millions of people around the world lost $100's of thousands off their retirement funds post 2008 through no fault of their own but was everything to do with your lot & BS policies. That was the biggest welfare handout EVER! Just ask those Wall St boys, they all walked scott free leaving poor ole Bernie to take the wrap.

So yes, it's your picture that is pinned to the Al Queda dart board not the East coast American or the West coast American, its conservative greed which feeds off itself. Always concerned that some poor Joe might be getting food on their table with a lil help from the government. Rather than being grateful for the fact you don't need help.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1014965 Oct 30, 2013
flack wrote:
ROFLMAO__7 years later Flack is still stupid.

Never once right (or even close) in the history of this thread yet ole Flacko keeps on trying.
TRS

Ashburn, VA

#1014966 Oct 30, 2013
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1014967 Oct 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More of the same bullsht__the guy had a BC/BS turd plan with a massive deductible and didn't hang around long enough to learn if he qualifies for a subsidy.
As just one more mutt trying to hang around for MediCare__fk him__and fk you for dragging that nonsense over here.
FYI__my wife and I were paying upwards of $1,000 per month for an average HC plan until last year when we became MediCare eligible.
without welfare, you would be paying much more now under ObamaKKKare for the same plan...except that it no longer exists...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1014969 Oct 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Obama admin knew millions could not keep their health insurance
Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law.
One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it.
But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.
Name the liar anyone?
It's the culture..
so now they get better healthcare insurance.

so what do you think people will remember? right wing idiots who have finally found something that's true, or that Obama got them better insurance?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1014971 Oct 30, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, 123 die a month waiting for care.
All 123 are teabagger lemmings that jump off a cliff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min red and right 194,404
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min CrunchyBacon 100,274
Cincinnati campus police officer charged with m... 40 min joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 6,254
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Archie 54,332
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ariel Sharon 70,141
Amy 7-29-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages