Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521960 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1015523 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>And, frankly, I'm starting to resent every opinion I have about affordable health care being marginalized as an "evangelical Christian liberal" opinion.

Like Reagan, I, too, believe the government has a role in protecting consumers from greed in the market place and in the private sector...as long as health care insurance remains in the free market with minimal government involvement so that everyone can afford to get sick.

There is nothing liberal about that - or Reagan.
Pick a lane, dumb carol.
dem

United States

#1015524 Oct 31, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>The health insurance companies that are dropping their customers must also be given a portion of the blame. The policies that are being discontinued are ones that do not meet a standard of care outlined in the ACA. These helath insurance companies have the option to ammend the coverage so that it meets that standard, but they won't because it means that their CEOs might not get their multi-million dollar bonuses next year.
Far too logical of an explanation for these dumbfk mutts.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1015525 Oct 31, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Sink...sank...sunk...just like the last time she ran
Alex Sink destroyed thousands of people with foreclosure.. The harm her as a Vice President and Bank of America caused.

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1015526 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy pizza oven Jew.
Your opinions are worthless and illiterate you idiot dumbasss..

It's the culture..
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1015527 Oct 31, 2013
Gubby mint is here to help...

Checking school lunches!!!

"The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs including in-home day care centers to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home."

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/dis...
dem

United States

#1015528 Oct 31, 2013
Is this you dumb carol?

I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.
I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.
dem

United States

#1015529 Oct 31, 2013
Wow. Just wow. So you are so opposed to the IDEA of saving money that you wont even find out if you can get a $13000 pay raise?
Please read the entire story for the rest but the third was more of the same. Had not even TRIED to see if the ACA would save them money.

In some ways I am sad for those on the Right who watch this junk and deny themselves the opportunity to save money. On the other hand thats $13000 they cant give to some TeaPublican campaign or spend at WalMart, PapaJohns or some other nut job approved company. And because the lies on the show are so clear, it lets me know that Fox cant pretend they were misinformed or mislead. They lied and they know they lied. Even better, they know they HAVE to lie because the truth is just too painful.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015530 Oct 31, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
How many of you could keep your job if you repeatedly lied to your customers?
you must think highly of used car salesmen
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1015531 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick a lane, dumb carol.
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and loser... It's dem bent over, and punked by Carol..

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015532 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, but Obama was unwilling to work with the Republicans on an equal basis...
No, cons priority was to derail Obama.

That's a clear message.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015533 Oct 31, 2013
Mr E wrote:
<quoted text>
The health insurance companies that are dropping their customers must also be given a portion of the blame. The policies that are being discontinued are ones that do not meet a standard of care outlined in the ACA. These helath insurance companies have the option to ammend the coverage so that it meets that standard, but they won't because it means that their CEOs might not get their multi-million dollar bonuses next year.
How do you justify requiring older childless people to have pregnancy services, pediatric child care, etc?

Why require people to have prescription drug coverage, particularly when it is optional under Medicare?

Why require mental health coverage?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1015534 Oct 31, 2013
Just something to make a person think...

"Student Jailed for Two Nights when she can't show ID"

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45135682/ns/us_news...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1015535 Oct 31, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof the left hates the truth.
Progressives were appalled when South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson pointed at Obama and shouted, "You lie!"...twice.
lol! Proof cons have no class actually.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1015536 Oct 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, frankly, I'm starting to resent every opinion I have about affordable health care being marginalized as an "evangelical Christian liberal" opinion.
Like Reagan, I, too, believe the government has a role in protecting consumers from greed in the market place and in the private sector...as long as health care insurance remains in the free market with minimal government involvement so that everyone can afford to get sick.
There is nothing liberal about that - or Reagan.
Medical care is a product, just like everything else. You are free to purchase as much or as little of the product as you desire or can afford.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1015537 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the 30 Republican governors now in office, 19 are up for reelection — and many in states President Barack Obama won handily in last year's election.
Article V states it takes three-fourths to ratify an amendment.

But it only takes two-thirds of the States to call for an Amendment Convention, to draft and submit and Amendment and present it to the States [to bypass Congress], which would still require three-fourths to ratify it.

By the way it is the state legislature not the governor who ratify amendments.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1015538 Oct 31, 2013
More good news! The Federal deficit is at its lowest since 2008! It's half of what it was in 2009. Obama is leading us out of the Republican recession all the while fighting off obstructionist morons on the right.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1015539 Oct 31, 2013
President Obama said Wednesday that he feels "enormous frustration" with Republicans in Congress and their efforts to block his legislative agenda.

"Sometimes people ask me,'Man, how do you stay optimistic because it just seems like a bunch of problems piling up on your desk and it doesn't seem like you're getting a lot of help from the other side?'" Obama said at a fundraising event in Boston.

The president said that it's been a challenging year with the Newtown, Mass. shooting and the Boston marathon bombings.

"We would have hoped that coming out of those two tragedies that we would see a new spirit in Congress of people pulling together and rolling up sleeves and working on the things a broad spectrum of Americans agree on, but that's not what we got," he said. "Instead we got more obstruction and more resistance to getting anything done, most recently culminating in a shutdown that was entirely unnecessary.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-f...
WOW

New York, NY

#1015540 Oct 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the little old man with a mouthful of billionaires co cks
This IS WHAt GOVERNOR GENERAl OBAMa MUPPETS PASS FOR EDUCATION DEM
dem

United States

#1015541 Oct 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>How do you justify requiring older childless people to have pregnancy services, pediatric child care, etc?

Why require people to have prescription drug coverage, particularly when it is optional under Medicare?

Why require mental health coverage?
Well the mental health one is to get you dumb racist tea baggers some help dealing with the crushing defeats you are swallowing.
WOW

New York, NY

#1015542 Oct 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, cons priority was to derail Obama.
That's a clear message.
AND HIS LIES did him in WOW one fool makes many

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Coffee Party 240,354
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 17 min SENIORS READ-THIS 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min RACE 105,131
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 23 min OUTLAW-HALAL-FOODS 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min RACE 10,582
Scary Obituary 29 min DITTTTTTTTOS 11
News Why Aren't There More Gender-Neutral, Trans-Fri... 2 hr max 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages