Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1014253 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We desperately needed health care reform. It really isn't right that people lose everything because of astronomical medical bills.
Or people can't afford to be sick.
But making an already over-bloated federal government even more bloated wasn't the solution.
It's mindboggling to me that even the most radical liberals can believe big government is the solution to anything.
unfortunately, you reinforce Galt's belief that evangelical Christians are anti-abortion economic liberals...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1014254 Oct 29, 2013
libs for hitler wrote:
<quoted text>
It's often said Oblama is a stooge for Wall Street interests.
lol! And just as often done by the reich wing nuts!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014255 Oct 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you read Chairman Mao's Red Book yet?
What's wrong with you? Castro read it. The Magic Negro read it.
Get with it, lady.
He's more of a snobby bookworm.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1014256 Oct 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you read Chairman Mao's Red Book yet?
What's wrong with you? Castro read it. The Magic Negro read it.
Get with it, lady.
Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotations_from_...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1014257 Oct 29, 2013
libs for hitler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to think you're mental expecting an honest answer from any of these lying, dishonest liberal dirtbags.
lol! You've reiterated this position of yours for a long time now son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1014258 Oct 29, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess...10 democrats up for reelection in 2014?
lol! Kind of like the reverse for cons.... those who are up for re election decided it wasn't worth holding Americans hostage!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1014259 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't better for male senior citizens paying more for pediatric dental and maternity health care.
When did you decide to give up your freedom of choice to the state?
I was watching TV tonight and on came a movie called Mercury Rising starring Bruce Willis. It's about the NSA trying to silence an autistic child who broke their precious security code.

In the movie, the head of the NSA claims that he's doing the "patriotic" thing for his country. Killing child for your country is a tough thing to do but a good patriot does what has to be done.

All of this came to me in a flash tonight: the Magic Negro is killing innocent kids and women with his drones and I'm damned sure he would tell you, just as Alec Baldwin did in the flick, that it is the patriotic thing to do. Just don't touch his kids, dammit.

Edward Snowden as Bruce Willis?

Life in America, under this monster of smiling evil, has reached its cheapest point in my lifetime. I am afraid for this country's future and for its citizens.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1014260 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
drinking and posting ?
“A lady came up to me one day and said 'Sir! You are drunk', to which I replied 'I am drunk today madam, and tomorrow I shall be sober but you will still be ugly.”

&#8213; Winston Churchill

same applies to ObamaKKKare...

Lapeer, MI

#1014261 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's more of a snobby bookworm.
Condescension doesn't work for midgets.

They appear awkwardly funny looking down their noses at people 6X their size:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1014262 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
drinking and posting ?
“Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”

&#8213; Ogden Nash, Hard Lines
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1014263 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
LCN has to be one of three things. Either he's:
1. On the receiving end of Obamacare.
2. Covered under the insurance plan he already has.
OR
3. A very generous person who gives freely to the state without any reservations about how his hard-earned money is being spent.
What do you think? I pick #3.
1. Patrick is on the receiving end of Obamacare and Medicaid...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014264 Oct 29, 2013
In a recent Rasmussen poll, 54% believe letting states compete to determine the most effective standards and guidelines will do more to reduce health care costs than having the federal government establish a single set of health care standards.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

According to a Gallup poll last week, the majority are still against Obamacare, 50% versus 45%.

But that was last week. Things quickly change on a daily basis now.

Lapeer, MI

#1014266 Oct 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotations_from_...
When my brother was just a green sprout, he listened to Short Wave a lot. He wrote away to Chairman Mao after a certain broadcast when they said they were giving out free copies of Chairman Mao's Red Book to Westerners who asked for it.

He got one in the mail weeks later. This was such a big deal back then that the local paper came out to photograph my brother holding that book and smiling like a hayseed with acne.

Location hidden

#1014267 Oct 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When my brother was just a green sprout, he listened to Short Wave a lot. He wrote away to Chairman Mao after a certain broadcast when they said they were giving out free copies of Chairman Mao's Red Book to Westerners who asked for it.
He got one in the mail weeks later. This was such a big deal back then that the local paper came out to photograph my brother holding that book and smiling like a hayseed with acne.
I bet and I know they are selling the little red book on Ebay too.

Lapeer, MI

#1014269 Oct 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I bet and I know they are selling the little red book on Ebay too.
I saw recently that woman are selling breast milk on eBay, too. Bizarre stuff.

I believe it was the CDC who warned woman that eBay breast milk is highly infected stuff. Stay away from it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1014270 Oct 29, 2013
Why does Texass hate women?

Location hidden

#1014271 Oct 29, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw recently that woman are selling breast milk on eBay, too. Bizarre stuff.
I believe it was the CDC who warned woman that eBay breast milk is highly infected stuff. Stay away from it.
true.

Liquid Gold: The Booming Market for Human Breast Milk

By Judy Dutton Email Author
May 17, 2011

Wired June 2011

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/05/ff_milk...
Navy Corpseman

United States

#1014272 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We desperately needed health care reform. It really isn't right that people lose everything because of astronomical medical bills.
But making an already over-bloated federal government even more bloated wasn't the solution.
It's mindboggling to me that even the most radical liberals can believe big government is the solution to anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I'm the girl that fainted in Obama's arms during one of his speeches.I felt this wet tingling feeling going down my leg.His touch was euphoric.My little coddle bear Obama saved my life.

His strong muscles guided me to a new utopia of love.I was beside myself;which has shown me to follow the path of our new Emperor.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1014273 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you, Big Population = Big Government that's how it works and no matter how many times you mill over it. That will never change, from dept of transport, aviation, health, education, trade, defence, policing, immigration, border security the list goes on and on. This Cinderella world you tea baggers live in DOES NOT EXIST except in the days of the Wild West. Then you took care of your own garbage, protected the fence line & shot anyone who tried to take from you. It's not coming back, SO GET OVER IT!
News for you

Yorktown, VA

#1014274 Oct 30, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you, Big Population = Big Government that's how it works and no matter how many times you mill over it. That will never change, from dept of transport, aviation, health, education, trade, defence, policing, immigration, border security the list goes on and on. This Cinderella world you tea baggers live in DOES NOT EXIST except in the days of the Wild West. Then you took care of your own garbage, protected the fence line & shot anyone who tried to take from you. It's not coming back, SO GET OVER IT!
That's BS there ding dong and you know it. You're advocating communism as a natural course of events? Something basically wrong with your thought pattern. But then you're probably a lap dog for the likes of Obama...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Guru 187,720
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min mdbuilder 52,984
Online Shaming 52 min Sean Daly 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr texas pete 5,209
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,769
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,944
Stephanie Peterson 3 hr Carol 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]