Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,562)

Showing posts 931,221 - 931,240 of1,072,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society--are you so stupid that you can't read where the information came from?
yes, he is
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>We KNOW cons don't care about Americans son.
After all, Romney said so.
And Limbaugh was hoping for an Obama failure!
Maybe because Obama promised to transform America. How's that working out for the US domestically or internationally?

Oh wait, its not.

from Hope & Change to Cope & Cringe
TheIndependntMaj ority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
DumbSince1680 will never get it. She is as dumb as a box of rocks.
That do explain the dhmfk commie jackboot licking stuff.

MO' Givverment (nothing but take, take, take) taking beckons today.

Where some dem dar fwee food lines at?

T.E.A.!! <commieTic emtitlementalcases>

CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul, Uncle Joe et al 2016.
Save America from robbinghoodieTic COMMUNISM !

Independent voters FOR All of America(INCLUDING the Working class contributors)-Not divide and DRAIN more against them!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol as we've all found out since you posted this, the monitoring of Angela Merkel's phone started in 2002. Who pray tell, was in the White House when that happened? Feeling sufficiently dumb yet?
Recall that in 2002 Germany was laughing it's azz off at Shrub's intel pal "curveball."

Hah, curveball indeed!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><SPAM & OPINION>
not spam, not opinion.

if she would've had a boil on her ass she would be bankrupt. these are things we all need to know.
Laney F

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Priorities!!!!
"The president didn't know the NSA was spying on world leaders, but he's found time for at least 146 rounds of golf."
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
The really amazing part of that is he found time for at least 146 rounds of golf while never stopping campaigning since inaugurated in 2009. How did he find time to sleep?(Oh yes, while our Ambassador was being raped and murdered in Benghazi, Obammy slept like a baby).

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the hypocrisy of 'the entire world' is not surprising. who wants to admit that they know what Obama is having for breakfast? or how many sheets of toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass? or that Michelle likes to be on top?
though the last is only of interest to the French, because it seems the Germans only want to know if there is a Rack in the WH dungeon.
O'bama is a failure, the entire world knows it. He so stupid he got caught, but he doesn't know anything. Well Sonic when did he know what he doesn't know? Chicago politics does not work at the National level. Your president has never been able to govern. The only entry on his resume, the entire world sees, is LIAR. He's not even good at that.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not spam, not opinion.
if she would've had a boil on her ass she would be bankrupt. these are things we all need to know.
<BULLSHlT>
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

GOP's hypocrisy on Obamacare

Today, implementation has arrived, and if it's not a train wreck, then it's certainly close. The administration is still under fire because people cannot get the insurance they want through the exchanges. But while I will continue to point out the problems with implementation and fault the administration for mistakes they've made, how does one ignore the apparent hypocrisy from many politicians who are now "outraged" about the very problems they've helped to create.

Republicans refused to appropriate money needed to implement Obamacare. When Sebelius tried to shift money from other areas to help do what needed to be done, she was attacked by Senate Republicans. At every step, Republicans fought measures to get money to put towards implementation.

Is it really a surprise then that implementation hasn't gone smoothly?

Federal legislators aren't the only ones to blame. Let's remember that original versions of the bill called for one big national exchange. This would have been much easier to implement. But conservatives declared that insurance should be left to the states and kept out of the hands of the federal government. So as a compromise (yes, those did occur), exchanges were made state-based instead of national.

As a precaution, the law stipulated that if states failed to do their duty and enact exchanges, the federal government would step in and pick up the slack. This was to prevent obstructionism from killing the law. Surprisingly, it was many of the same conservative states that demanded local control that refused to implement state-based exchanges, leaving the federal government to do it for them.

That made implementation much harder.

There have been books, webinars and meetings explaining how to sabotage the implementation of Obamacare. There have been campaigns trying to persuade young adults not to use the exchanges. It is, therefore, somewhat ironic that many of the same people who have been part of all of this obstructionism seem so "upset" by the fact that people can't easily use the exchanges.

For goodness sake, the government was shut down just a few weeks ago because some of the same people who are now bemoaning poorly functioning websites were determined to see that not one dime went to Obamacare.

Lest you think I'm defending this month's rollout, I encourage you to review my last article here. I still maintain that the administration has had a failure in management in overseeing and reporting on progress towards October 1. But I'm also sympathetic that they've had a hard job to do. I would like to see this go better. I'd like to see millions more get insurance. I'd like to see the law of the land function as well as it can, and if it doesn't, I'd like to see Congress continue to amend it to make it work better. I'd like a better health care system.

What I cannot ignore, however, are the many people who actively worked to see implementation fail now get the vapors over its poor start. The truth is, they got what they wanted. A victory lap is somewhat warranted, not concern-trolling.

If, on the other hand, their concern is real, then I'm sure the administration would welcome their help in making things right.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/carroll...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama is a failure, the entire world knows it. He so stupid he got caught, but he doesn't know anything. Well Sonic when did he know what he doesn't know? Chicago politics does not work at the National level. Your president has never been able to govern. The only entry on his resume, the entire world sees, is LIAR. He's not even good at that.
Obama bin Lyin

it's the culture...

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
During the 2004 presidential campaign, John Kerry was widely ridiculed when, in discussing Iraq and Afghanistan war funding, he declared,“I actually did vote for [it] before I voted against it.”
Well, now 50 House Republicans can say the same thing about their votes on the National Security Agency’s (NSA) terrorist surveillance program.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-29...
Your president who claimed he would restore America’s reputation in the world is completely destroying it. Who is in charge of the United States sonic?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
During the 2004 presidential campaign, John Kerry was widely ridiculed when, in discussing Iraq and Afghanistan war funding, he declared,“I actually did vote for [it] before I voted against it.”
Well, now 50 House Republicans can say the same thing about their votes on the National Security Agency’s (NSA) terrorist surveillance program.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-29...
I erred, it's John kerry/Heinz.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama is a failure, the entire world knows it. He so stupid he got caught, but he doesn't know anything. Well Sonic when did he know what he doesn't know? Chicago politics does not work at the National level. Your president has never been able to govern. The only entry on his resume, the entire world sees, is LIAR. He's not even good at that.
the difference between the 2 of us....i'm not going to start guessing while stating that guessing is fact.

so when i know the facts i'll get back to you, and until you know them you should give it a rest.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
GOP's hypocrisy on Obamacare
Today, implementation has arrived, and if it's not a train wreck, then it's certainly close. The administration is still under fire because people cannot get the insurance they want through the exchanges. But while I will continue to point out the problems with implementation and fault the administration for mistakes they've made, how does one ignore the apparent hypocrisy from many politicians who are now "outraged" about the very problems they've helped to create.
Republicans refused to appropriate money needed to implement Obamacare. When Sebelius tried to shift money from other areas to help do what needed to be done, she was attacked by Senate Republicans. At every step, Republicans fought measures to get money to put towards implementation.
Is it really a surprise then that implementation hasn't gone smoothly?
Federal legislators aren't the only ones to blame. Let's remember that original versions of the bill called for one big national exchange. This would have been much easier to implement. But conservatives declared that insurance should be left to the states and kept out of the hands of the federal government. So as a compromise (yes, those did occur), exchanges were made state-based instead of national.
As a precaution, the law stipulated that if states failed to do their duty and enact exchanges, the federal government would step in and pick up the slack. This was to prevent obstructionism from killing the law. Surprisingly, it was many of the same conservative states that demanded local control that refused to implement state-based exchanges, leaving the federal government to do it for them.
That made implementation much harder.
There have been books, webinars and meetings explaining how to sabotage the implementation of Obamacare. There have been campaigns trying to persuade young adults not to use the exchanges. It is, therefore, somewhat ironic that many of the same people who have been part of all of this obstructionism seem so "upset" by the fact that people can't easily use the exchanges.
For goodness sake, the government was shut down just a few weeks ago because some of the same people who are now bemoaning poorly functioning websites were determined to see that not one dime went to Obamacare.
Lest you think I'm defending this month's rollout, I encourage you to review my last article here. I still maintain that the administration has had a failure in management in overseeing and reporting on progress towards October 1. But I'm also sympathetic that they've had a hard job to do. I would like to see this go better. I'd like to see millions more get insurance. I'd like to see the law of the land function as well as it can, and if it doesn't, I'd like to see Congress continue to amend it to make it work better. I'd like a better health care system.
What I cannot ignore, however, are the many people who actively worked to see implementation fail now get the vapors over its poor start. The truth is, they got what they wanted. A victory lap is somewhat warranted, not concern-trolling.
If, on the other hand, their concern is real, then I'm sure the administration would welcome their help in making things right.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/carroll...
<SPAM and OPINION>
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><BULLSHlT>
bullshit calls bullshit.

extremely not intellectually impressive.

if citing a source was a TOS of Topix i'd never get to read any of your posts.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That 14-year-old needed the seat of his pants warmed up a long time ago.
But the PC police won't hear of it.
Children learning right from wrong is a no-no. Might hurt their feelings or make their parents mad. These parents need their seats warmed up too but it's too late for them, not their child.
The one thing Hillary and I do agree on - it does take a village. But not a village of idiots.
And how do you know he wasn't subject to corporal punishment Carol? I'd be willing to bet that he was. Corporal punishment doesn't teach right from wrong, it teaches that violence is an acceptable way of dealing with problems.
There's been numerous studies that have shown that children who've been exposed to corporal punishment become violent themselves as adolescents and adults. This from the American Psychoanalytic Association;
Physical punishment is a serious public health problem in the United States, and it profoundly affects the mental health of children and the society in which we live. Studies show that approximately 65% of adults in the United States approve of physical punishment and about 50% of families use physical punishment to discipline children. Yet, research shows that physical punishment is associated with increases in delinquency, antisocial behavior, and aggression in children, and decreases in the quality of the parent-child relationship, children's mental health, and children's capacity to internalize socially acceptable behavior. Adults who have been subjected to physical punishment as children are more likely to abuse their own child or spouse and to manifest criminal behavior (Gershoff 2008).
Spanking is a euphemism for hitting. One is not permitted to hit one's spouse or a stranger; such actions are defined as the crime of assault. Nor should one be permitted to hit a small and more vulnerable child. Hitting a child elicits precisely the feelings one does not want to generate in a child: distress, anger, fear, shame, and disgust. Studies show that children who are hit identify with the aggressor and are more likely to become hitters themselves, that is, bullies and future abusers of their own children and partners. They tend to learn to use violent behavior as a way to deal with stress and interpersonal disputes
Thank goodness you're no longer in the classroom Carol (if you ever were) no child should be entrusted to anyone as ignorant as you.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

The White House knew all along: Most Americans with individual health insurance plans WILL get cancellation notices under Obamacare
Despite President Obama's frequent promise that 'if you like your health care plan, you can keep it,' millions won't have that choice because of his administration's rules. mmmmm mmmmmmm MMMMMMMM MENDACITY LIES HYPOCRACY CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF lololololololhahahahahahahahah aha
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and that would be a concern of the Brits.'How long, how wide, what color is it?'
well that was giant step too far. can i retract my original post?
The old one used to do just fine, but then that Reggie Love guy came along....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>The really amazing part of that is he found time for at least 146 rounds of golf while never stopping campaigning since inaugurated in 2009. How did he find time to sleep?(Oh yes, while our Ambassador was being raped and murdered in Benghazi, Obammy slept like a baby).
Bush spent 1/3 of his time in office cutting brush.

and he thinks Obama doesn't play enough golf.

no doubt.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

NBC cited an estimate “buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010&#8243; that said 40 to 67 percent of customers will not be able to keep their policy.”

“That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them,” the report said.

The result of the Obama administration’s work is hitting Americans like an earthquake. NBC reported that George Schwab, 62, of North Carolina, had a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan for $228 monthly.

Obamacare, however, canceled it, with a “comparable” plan being priced at $1,208 a month with a $5,500 deductible.

“It’s unaffordable,” he said.

*Democrats will leave people dying in the streets. O'bama eugenics--that's what this O'bamacare should be called-it has nothing to do with care. Do you get it liberals? O'bama and the democrats DO NOT care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 931,221 - 931,240 of1,072,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,657
Abby 7-11 11 min Mister Tonka 13
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 34 min Not nice 32
Police: 2 dead, 16 wounded in weekend shootings 37 min Dont miss out 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min SpaceBlues 45,504
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr 40ish 398
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,533
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE