Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
931,181 - 931,200 of 1,079,665 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

LCNlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel the tea party is often to blame
We didn't vote for COMMUNISM.

Duhmmy.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol as we've all found out since you posted this, the monitoring of Angela Merkel's phone started in 2002. Who pray tell, was in the White House when that happened? Feeling sufficiently dumb yet?
Well Old French Fry, if true, the report would mean that monitoring of Merkel's phone began before the 59-year-old was elected Chancellor in 2005. In 2002, Merkel was the leader of the conservative Christian Democratic Union, then in opposition.

Feeling sufficiently dumb yet? Is Sweden doing "just fine"?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol as we've all found out since you posted this, the monitoring of Angela Merkel's phone started in 2002. Who pray tell, was in the White House when that happened? Feeling sufficiently dumb yet?
Obama's boys leaked it...

Cannot keep a secret...

How they gonna protect us from all those bogey men?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
NY Post? might as well post video from FOX and Friends. but hold on a minute and i'll see if ThinkProgress has any thoughts on the subject....
Atta boy! Go comb the ThinkPropaganda website, doofus.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The entire world is judging the O'bama administration. The opening story on the BBC last night was O'bama's embarrassments. On all of late night O'bama was the laughing stock. O'big ears don't know nuttin'.
the hypocrisy of 'the entire world' is not surprising. who wants to admit that they know what Obama is having for breakfast? or how many sheets of toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass? or that Michelle likes to be on top?

though the last is only of interest to the French, because it seems the Germans only want to know if there is a Rack in the WH dungeon.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Priorities!!!!

"The president didn't know the NSA was spying on world leaders, but he's found time for at least 146 rounds of golf."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who don't qualify for subsidies, it comes from learning how to budget. If a single person making $50,000 a year can't afford $200 a month for health insurance, that person has a serious problem. What's more important (1) a $200 satellite TV bill or (2) health insurance. That is a question people may have to ask themselves. They are free to choose #1. No one is holding a gun to their head.
By that logic-

All Obammer EBT cawd carrying members-plz turn in yew fwee (and black market type) phones for commietic service work.

NO TEXTING or innernet allowed.

ONLY the fwee minutes the givverment supplies you entitlemental cases.

And if you go over-YOU pay it.

(Clueless Idiot)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Tweet!

"FACT: Nothing in #Obamacare forces people out of their health plans. No change is required unless insurance companies change existing plans.'

Valerie Jarrett
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

John Kerry's advice to Obama on knowing about NSA spying on world leaders:

'Just say you knew about it before you didn't know about it.'
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Three Fox News shows called Fla. Obamacare detractor

The name of Dianne Barrette is speeding around the newsphere today. This 56-year-old resident of Winter Haven, Fla., surfaced on a CBS News story today as a victim of Obamacare. Reporter Jan Crawford, in a “CBS This Morning” story, addressed the contradiction between President Obama’s pledge that those who liked their health-care plans could keep them and the ongoing disappointment of folks who are now getting kicked off of their existing plans because they do not meet federal requirements. Crawford found Dianne Barrette, who claimed that she’s looking at a tenfold hike in her plan. Here’s some transcript:

Last month,[Barrette] received a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.“What I have right now is what I’m happy with, and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”[says Barrette]

Perfect sound bite for Fox News! In a chat with the Erik Wemple Blog, Barrette confirmed that three Fox News producers had called to sign her on. She’ll be appearing tomorrow on the imbecilic morning show “Fox & Friends,”“Your World” with the great Neil Cavuto and on Greta Van Susteren’s program,“On the Record.”
“You guys are going to be sick of my face,” jokes Barrette, who works as a realtor and pulls in about $30,000 per year.

More coverage may provide a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of Barrette’s situation: Her current health insurance plan, she says, doesn’t cover “extended hospital stays; it’s not designed for that,” says Barrette. Well, does it cover any hospitalization?“Outpatient only,” responds Barrette. Nor does it cover ambulance service and some prenatal care. On the other hand, says Barrette, it does cover “most of my generic drugs that I need” and there’s a $50 co-pay for doctors’ appointments.“It’s all I could afford right now,” says Barrette.

In sum, it’s a pray-that-you-don’t-really-get -sick “plan.” When asked if she ever required hospitalization, Barrette says she did. It happened when she was employed by Raytheon, which provided “excellent benefits.” Ever since she left the company and started working as an independent contractor,“I haven’t been hospitalized since then, thank God.” Hospitalization is among the core requirements for health-care plans under Obamacare.

CBS News did note that Barrette would likely qualify for subsidies that would reduce the cost of her coverage. That said, news organizations that skim the country for cases-in-point on this health-care transition have an obligation to compare similar fruits. Even though Barrette would prefer to keep her current plan, more detail on what that plan provides vis-a-vis the offerings of the new plan is a non-optional component of coverage. A middling hospital stay could well have bankrupted Barrette under her current insurance. But don’t rely on “Fox & Friends” to belabor that dimension of the story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Atta boy! Go comb the ThinkPropaganda website, doofus.
and you don't even realize that you just reinforced the point that went right over your head.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in the case of ObamaKKKare, it's other people's money...
welfare, not insurance...
and that's why it belongs in the givverment WELFARE offices, for ID'ing and verification purposes- and NOT on public webs, mucked in with free marklet insurance providers.

Damn robbinghoodieTic commies-too damn stupid to even see the SIMPLEST realities.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the hypocrisy of 'the entire world' is not surprising. who wants to admit that Michelle likes to be on top?
None of that going on now! She's pissed that the larger replacement strap-on is subject to the medical device tax.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
John Kerry's advice to Obama on knowing about NSA spying on world leaders:
'Just say you knew about it before you didn't know about it.'
During the 2004 presidential campaign, John Kerry was widely ridiculed when, in discussing Iraq and Afghanistan war funding, he declared,“I actually did vote for [it] before I voted against it.”

Well, now 50 House Republicans can say the same thing about their votes on the National Security Agency’s (NSA) terrorist surveillance program.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-29...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic-
All Obammer EBT cawd carrying members-plz turn in yew fwee (and black market type) phones for commietic service work.
NO TEXTING or innernet allowed.
ONLY the fwee minutes the givverment supplies you entitlemental cases.
And if you go over-YOU pay it.
(Clueless Idiot)
DumbSince1680 will never get it. She is as dumb as a box of rocks.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The name of Dianne Barrette is speeding around the newsphere today. This 56-year-old resident of Winter Haven, Fla., surfaced on a CBS News story today as a victim of Obamacare. Reporter Jan Crawford, in a “CBS This Morning” story, addressed the contradiction between President Obama’s pledge that those who liked their health-care plans could keep them and the ongoing disappointment of folks who are now getting kicked off of their existing plans because they do not meet federal requirements. Crawford found Dianne Barrette, who claimed that she’s looking at a tenfold hike in her plan. Here’s some transcript:
Last month,[Barrette] received a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.“What I have right now is what I’m happy with, and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”[says Barrette]
Perfect sound bite for Fox News! In a chat with the Erik Wemple Blog, Barrette confirmed that three Fox News producers had called to sign her on. She’ll be appearing tomorrow on the imbecilic morning show “Fox & Friends,”“Your World” with the great Neil Cavuto and on Greta Van Susteren’s program,“On the Record.”
“You guys are going to be sick of my face,” jokes Barrette, who works as a realtor and pulls in about $30,000 per year.
More coverage may provide a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of Barrette’s situation: Her current health insurance plan, she says, doesn’t cover “extended hospital stays; it’s not designed for that,” says Barrette. Well, does it cover any hospitalization?“Outpatient only,” responds Barrette. Nor does it cover ambulance service and some prenatal care. On the other hand, says Barrette, it does cover “most of my generic drugs that I need” and there’s a $50 co-pay for doctors’ appointments.“It’s all I could afford right now,” says Barrette.
In sum, it’s a pray-that-you-don’t-really-get -sick “plan.” When asked if she ever required hospitalization, Barrette says she did. It happened when she was employed by Raytheon, which provided “excellent benefits.” Ever since she left the company and started working as an independent contractor,“I haven’t been hospitalized since then, thank God.” Hospitalization is among the core requirements for health-care plans under Obamacare.
CBS News did note that Barrette would likely qualify for subsidies that would reduce the cost of her coverage. That said, news organizations that skim the country for cases-in-point on this health-care transition have an obligation to compare similar fruits. Even though Barrette would prefer to keep her current plan, more detail on what that plan provides vis-a-vis the offerings of the new plan is a non-optional component of coverage. A middling hospital stay could well have bankrupted Barrette under her current insurance. But don’t rely on “Fox & Friends” to belabor that dimension of the story.
<SPAM & OPINION>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Good info__I'm sure we'll be hearing many similarly fraudulent tales while the ACA website is being brought up to speed.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
NY Post? might as well post video from FOX and Friends. but hold on a minute and i'll see if ThinkProgress has any thoughts on the subject....
A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society--are you so stupid that you can't read where the information came from?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that going on now! She's pissed that the larger replacement strap-on is subject to the medical device tax.
and that would be a concern of the Brits.'How long, how wide, what color is it?'

well that was giant step too far. can i retract my original post?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society--are you so stupid that you can't read where the information came from?
yes, he is

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 1 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 3 hr loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr andet1987 4,554
Abby 7-24 4 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000