Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1013562 Oct 29, 2013
John Kerry's advice to Obama on knowing about NSA spying on world leaders:

'Just say you knew about it before you didn't know about it.'
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013563 Oct 29, 2013
Three Fox News shows called Fla. Obamacare detractor

The name of Dianne Barrette is speeding around the newsphere today. This 56-year-old resident of Winter Haven, Fla., surfaced on a CBS News story today as a victim of Obamacare. Reporter Jan Crawford, in a “CBS This Morning” story, addressed the contradiction between President Obama’s pledge that those who liked their health-care plans could keep them and the ongoing disappointment of folks who are now getting kicked off of their existing plans because they do not meet federal requirements. Crawford found Dianne Barrette, who claimed that she’s looking at a tenfold hike in her plan. Here’s some transcript:

Last month,[Barrette] received a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.“What I have right now is what I’m happy with, and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”[says Barrette]

Perfect sound bite for Fox News! In a chat with the Erik Wemple Blog, Barrette confirmed that three Fox News producers had called to sign her on. She’ll be appearing tomorrow on the imbecilic morning show “Fox & Friends,”“Your World” with the great Neil Cavuto and on Greta Van Susteren’s program,“On the Record.”
“You guys are going to be sick of my face,” jokes Barrette, who works as a realtor and pulls in about $30,000 per year.

More coverage may provide a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of Barrette’s situation: Her current health insurance plan, she says, doesn’t cover “extended hospital stays; it’s not designed for that,” says Barrette. Well, does it cover any hospitalization?“Outpatient only,” responds Barrette. Nor does it cover ambulance service and some prenatal care. On the other hand, says Barrette, it does cover “most of my generic drugs that I need” and there’s a $50 co-pay for doctors’ appointments.“It’s all I could afford right now,” says Barrette.

In sum, it’s a pray-that-you-don’t-really-get -sick “plan.” When asked if she ever required hospitalization, Barrette says she did. It happened when she was employed by Raytheon, which provided “excellent benefits.” Ever since she left the company and started working as an independent contractor,“I haven’t been hospitalized since then, thank God.” Hospitalization is among the core requirements for health-care plans under Obamacare.

CBS News did note that Barrette would likely qualify for subsidies that would reduce the cost of her coverage. That said, news organizations that skim the country for cases-in-point on this health-care transition have an obligation to compare similar fruits. Even though Barrette would prefer to keep her current plan, more detail on what that plan provides vis-a-vis the offerings of the new plan is a non-optional component of coverage. A middling hospital stay could well have bankrupted Barrette under her current insurance. But don’t rely on “Fox & Friends” to belabor that dimension of the story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013564 Oct 29, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Atta boy! Go comb the ThinkPropaganda website, doofus.
and you don't even realize that you just reinforced the point that went right over your head.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1013565 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in the case of ObamaKKKare, it's other people's money...
welfare, not insurance...
and that's why it belongs in the givverment WELFARE offices, for ID'ing and verification purposes- and NOT on public webs, mucked in with free marklet insurance providers.

Damn robbinghoodieTic commies-too damn stupid to even see the SIMPLEST realities.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1013566 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the hypocrisy of 'the entire world' is not surprising. who wants to admit that Michelle likes to be on top?
None of that going on now! She's pissed that the larger replacement strap-on is subject to the medical device tax.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013567 Oct 29, 2013
Grampy wrote:
John Kerry's advice to Obama on knowing about NSA spying on world leaders:
'Just say you knew about it before you didn't know about it.'
During the 2004 presidential campaign, John Kerry was widely ridiculed when, in discussing Iraq and Afghanistan war funding, he declared,“I actually did vote for [it] before I voted against it.”

Well, now 50 House Republicans can say the same thing about their votes on the National Security Agency’s (NSA) terrorist surveillance program.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-07-29...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1013568 Oct 29, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic-
All Obammer EBT cawd carrying members-plz turn in yew fwee (and black market type) phones for commietic service work.
NO TEXTING or innernet allowed.
ONLY the fwee minutes the givverment supplies you entitlemental cases.
And if you go over-YOU pay it.
(Clueless Idiot)
DumbSince1680 will never get it. She is as dumb as a box of rocks.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1013569 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The name of Dianne Barrette is speeding around the newsphere today. This 56-year-old resident of Winter Haven, Fla., surfaced on a CBS News story today as a victim of Obamacare. Reporter Jan Crawford, in a “CBS This Morning” story, addressed the contradiction between President Obama’s pledge that those who liked their health-care plans could keep them and the ongoing disappointment of folks who are now getting kicked off of their existing plans because they do not meet federal requirements. Crawford found Dianne Barrette, who claimed that she’s looking at a tenfold hike in her plan. Here’s some transcript:
Last month,[Barrette] received a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield informing her as of January 2014, she would lose her current plan. Barrette pays $54 a month. The new plan she’s being offered would run $591 a month, ten times more than what she currently pays.“What I have right now is what I’m happy with, and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else?”[says Barrette]
Perfect sound bite for Fox News! In a chat with the Erik Wemple Blog, Barrette confirmed that three Fox News producers had called to sign her on. She’ll be appearing tomorrow on the imbecilic morning show “Fox & Friends,”“Your World” with the great Neil Cavuto and on Greta Van Susteren’s program,“On the Record.”
“You guys are going to be sick of my face,” jokes Barrette, who works as a realtor and pulls in about $30,000 per year.
More coverage may provide a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of Barrette’s situation: Her current health insurance plan, she says, doesn’t cover “extended hospital stays; it’s not designed for that,” says Barrette. Well, does it cover any hospitalization?“Outpatient only,” responds Barrette. Nor does it cover ambulance service and some prenatal care. On the other hand, says Barrette, it does cover “most of my generic drugs that I need” and there’s a $50 co-pay for doctors’ appointments.“It’s all I could afford right now,” says Barrette.
In sum, it’s a pray-that-you-don’t-really-get -sick “plan.” When asked if she ever required hospitalization, Barrette says she did. It happened when she was employed by Raytheon, which provided “excellent benefits.” Ever since she left the company and started working as an independent contractor,“I haven’t been hospitalized since then, thank God.” Hospitalization is among the core requirements for health-care plans under Obamacare.
CBS News did note that Barrette would likely qualify for subsidies that would reduce the cost of her coverage. That said, news organizations that skim the country for cases-in-point on this health-care transition have an obligation to compare similar fruits. Even though Barrette would prefer to keep her current plan, more detail on what that plan provides vis-a-vis the offerings of the new plan is a non-optional component of coverage. A middling hospital stay could well have bankrupted Barrette under her current insurance. But don’t rely on “Fox & Friends” to belabor that dimension of the story.
<SPAM & OPINION>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1013570 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Good info__I'm sure we'll be hearing many similarly fraudulent tales while the ACA website is being brought up to speed.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1013571 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
NY Post? might as well post video from FOX and Friends. but hold on a minute and i'll see if ThinkProgress has any thoughts on the subject....
A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society--are you so stupid that you can't read where the information came from?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013572 Oct 29, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that going on now! She's pissed that the larger replacement strap-on is subject to the medical device tax.
and that would be a concern of the Brits.'How long, how wide, what color is it?'

well that was giant step too far. can i retract my original post?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1013573 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A poll conducted by the New York State Medical Society--are you so stupid that you can't read where the information came from?
yes, he is
Laney F

New York, NY

#1013574 Oct 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>We KNOW cons don't care about Americans son.
After all, Romney said so.
And Limbaugh was hoping for an Obama failure!
Maybe because Obama promised to transform America. How's that working out for the US domestically or internationally?

Oh wait, its not.

from Hope & Change to Cope & Cringe
TheIndependntMaj ority

Somerset, KY

#1013575 Oct 29, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
DumbSince1680 will never get it. She is as dumb as a box of rocks.
That do explain the dhmfk commie jackboot licking stuff.

MO' Givverment (nothing but take, take, take) taking beckons today.

Where some dem dar fwee food lines at?

T.E.A.!! <commieTic emtitlementalcases>

CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul, Uncle Joe et al 2016.
Save America from robbinghoodieTic COMMUNISM !

Independent voters FOR All of America(INCLUDING the Working class contributors)-Not divide and DRAIN more against them!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1013576 Oct 29, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol as we've all found out since you posted this, the monitoring of Angela Merkel's phone started in 2002. Who pray tell, was in the White House when that happened? Feeling sufficiently dumb yet?
Recall that in 2002 Germany was laughing it's azz off at Shrub's intel pal "curveball."

Hah, curveball indeed!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013577 Oct 29, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><SPAM & OPINION>
not spam, not opinion.

if she would've had a boil on her ass she would be bankrupt. these are things we all need to know.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1013578 Oct 29, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Priorities!!!!
"The president didn't know the NSA was spying on world leaders, but he's found time for at least 146 rounds of golf."
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
The really amazing part of that is he found time for at least 146 rounds of golf while never stopping campaigning since inaugurated in 2009. How did he find time to sleep?(Oh yes, while our Ambassador was being raped and murdered in Benghazi, Obammy slept like a baby).

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1013579 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the hypocrisy of 'the entire world' is not surprising. who wants to admit that they know what Obama is having for breakfast? or how many sheets of toilet paper he uses to wipe his ass? or that Michelle likes to be on top?
though the last is only of interest to the French, because it seems the Germans only want to know if there is a Rack in the WH dungeon.
O'bama is a failure, the entire world knows it. He so stupid he got caught, but he doesn't know anything. Well Sonic when did he know what he doesn't know? Chicago politics does not work at the National level. Your president has never been able to govern. The only entry on his resume, the entire world sees, is LIAR. He's not even good at that.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1013580 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not spam, not opinion.
if she would've had a boil on her ass she would be bankrupt. these are things we all need to know.
<BULLSHlT>
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1013581 Oct 29, 2013
GOP's hypocrisy on Obamacare

Today, implementation has arrived, and if it's not a train wreck, then it's certainly close. The administration is still under fire because people cannot get the insurance they want through the exchanges. But while I will continue to point out the problems with implementation and fault the administration for mistakes they've made, how does one ignore the apparent hypocrisy from many politicians who are now "outraged" about the very problems they've helped to create.

Republicans refused to appropriate money needed to implement Obamacare. When Sebelius tried to shift money from other areas to help do what needed to be done, she was attacked by Senate Republicans. At every step, Republicans fought measures to get money to put towards implementation.

Is it really a surprise then that implementation hasn't gone smoothly?

Federal legislators aren't the only ones to blame. Let's remember that original versions of the bill called for one big national exchange. This would have been much easier to implement. But conservatives declared that insurance should be left to the states and kept out of the hands of the federal government. So as a compromise (yes, those did occur), exchanges were made state-based instead of national.

As a precaution, the law stipulated that if states failed to do their duty and enact exchanges, the federal government would step in and pick up the slack. This was to prevent obstructionism from killing the law. Surprisingly, it was many of the same conservative states that demanded local control that refused to implement state-based exchanges, leaving the federal government to do it for them.

That made implementation much harder.

There have been books, webinars and meetings explaining how to sabotage the implementation of Obamacare. There have been campaigns trying to persuade young adults not to use the exchanges. It is, therefore, somewhat ironic that many of the same people who have been part of all of this obstructionism seem so "upset" by the fact that people can't easily use the exchanges.

For goodness sake, the government was shut down just a few weeks ago because some of the same people who are now bemoaning poorly functioning websites were determined to see that not one dime went to Obamacare.

Lest you think I'm defending this month's rollout, I encourage you to review my last article here. I still maintain that the administration has had a failure in management in overseeing and reporting on progress towards October 1. But I'm also sympathetic that they've had a hard job to do. I would like to see this go better. I'd like to see millions more get insurance. I'd like to see the law of the land function as well as it can, and if it doesn't, I'd like to see Congress continue to amend it to make it work better. I'd like a better health care system.

What I cannot ignore, however, are the many people who actively worked to see implementation fail now get the vapors over its poor start. The truth is, they got what they wanted. A victory lap is somewhat warranted, not concern-trolling.

If, on the other hand, their concern is real, then I'm sure the administration would welcome their help in making things right.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/opinion/carroll...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OnePotChefShow 7 min Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 58 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago