Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1013642 Oct 29, 2013
BLACK IS THE NEW WHITE NOT IN A GOOD WAY Who is Jeh Johnson, and Why Should Black People Be Hanging Our Heads in Shame? The Department of Homeland Security is a secretive, lawless, largely privatized police and surveillance agency, with its own prisons and soon, its own drones. Now it's headed by a black man, a progressive Democrat, a Morehouse man & Pentagon lawyer who invokes Dr. King as patron saint for murderous US global empire, a certifiable member of the black misleadership class.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1013643 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>What is 'healthcare' to you morons? exactly... please explain--from what I can tell it is going to the doctor and getting pills or vaccinations. The norm in this country has now become if you are not on some kind of pharma--there is something wrong with you. They used to ask 'are you on any medicine?' Now they ask 'what medications are you on?' The whole 'healthcare' system is a joke. Americans are the most medicated people in the world AND YET Americans are considered the sickest people in the world.
I've gone to the doctor for years.

As a child, I did get the usual vaccinations and guess what? I am still alive. OMG how could that be?

Furthermore, iI went all those years & am on no medication.

Kind of kills your lame argument.

Periodic check ups, look for irregularities in your heart, blood, & overall health including screenings.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1013644 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what will the Brits/French/Germans learn about your sex life while they listen in on your phone sex calls?
That explains why that Carla Bruni chick keeps calling me....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013645 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly I am ticked off they didn't call it Hawai'i care. Hillary held Hawai'i care up as a model. O'bama didn't. Why do you think that is?
Because Hawaii is a liberal state and going down the tubes like California?

Just guessing.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1013648 Oct 29, 2013
In a recent quite startling appearance in Phoenix, Arizona that was covered by every major Network News, it was revealed that Kathleen Sebelius believes that she does not work for “we the people” in general by making a comment specifically referring to those that do not support Obamacare (aka “The Affordable Healthcare Plan”).

The Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) made this starting admission by actually stating that she doesn’t work for the people that want her fired.

This was in response to a question at her appearance at an Obamacare Call Center for a news conference on October 24, 2013 in Arizona of “who was fired” for this massive website failure failure and was she going to resign.

The lack of respect for the PEOPLE/VOTERS when you FALL IN LOVE WITH POLITICIANS when you treat them as what they are EMPLOYEES they BEHAVE BETTER
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1013649 Oct 29, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine getting pulled over by a dope like him?
You mean Obama is doing traffic control now?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1013651 Oct 29, 2013
Liberals/Democrats a short trip down Memory Lane!! Obama telling the American People’ Al Qaeda was on their Heels’ Report : Terrorist attacks hit record high, Increased 69% from year before, Obamacare if you like your Plan/Doctor you can Keep It not True!! Liberals measure success by the Size of One’s Failures, Obama’s top Dog!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1013652 Oct 29, 2013
flack wrote:
CBS News) CBS News has learned more than two million Americans have been told they cannot renew their current insurance policies -- more than triple the number of people said to be buying insurance under the new Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare.
There have been estimates about hundreds of thousands of people losing coverage, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported on "CBS This Morning." CBS News has reached out to insurance companies across the country to determine some of the real numbers -- and this is just the tip of the iceberg, Crawford said. The people who are opening the letters are shocked to learn they can't keep their insurance policies despite President Obama's assurances to the contrary.
The White House is on the defensive trying to explain it, after Mr. Obama repeatedly said, "If you like your doctor or health care plan, you can keep it."
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "What the president said and what everybody said all along is that there are going to be changes brought about by the Affordable Care Act to create minimum standards of coverage."
It's an unexpected reality of Obamacare being told through anecdotes in local papers and on social media. But the hard numbers reveal the evidence is far more than anecdotal. CBS News has confirmed with insurance companies across the country that more than two million people are getting notices they no longer can keep their existing plans. In California, there are 279,000; in Michigan, 140,000; Florida, 300,000; and in New Jersey, 800,000. And those numbers are certain to go even higher. Some companies who tell CBS News they've sent letters won't say how many.
Industry experts like Larry Levitt, of the Kaiser Family Foundation, say the insurance companies have no choice. "What we're seeing now is reality coming into play," he said.
Obamacare forces them to drop many of their plans that don't meet the law's 10 minimum standards, including maternity care, emergency visits, mental health treatment and even pediatric dental care.
That means consumers have to sign on to new plans even if they don't want or need the more generous coverage. Industry experts say about half the people getting the letters will pay more -- and half will pay less, thanks to taxpayer subsidies. Levitt said, "The winners outnumber the losers here, but because of all the website problems, it's hard to find out who the winners are because they don't even know it themselves."
And for the people who've gotten the letters, the broken website is a real problem, Crawford added on "CTM." They don't know what to do. They don't know if they get subsidies. And then there are others getting the letters who have very good insurance but are being told they can't keep it. Industry experts CBS News talked to say for everyone, the best bet is to just call their insurance companies to get the information.
Watch Jan Crawford's full report above.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Funny, I've probably received 5 such letters over the past 10 years.

That darn Obamacare!!!! Canceling my policies 6 years before it was even written.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1013653 Oct 29, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like the republicans trying to surpress the votes of thousands of legal voters by pushing that voter ID bullshit, right? Come on with your bullshit excuses. There's really no true reason for it, just excuses!
I agree why does anyone new BS id for anything I know I can drive why do I need to produce a DRIVERS ID, Why do I need to Prove who I am wether you are american or not you should be able to vote you should be able to cash a cheque without ID
Laney F

New York, NY

#1013654 Oct 29, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like the republicans trying to surpress the votes of thousands of legal voters by pushing that voter ID bullshit, right? Come on with your bullshit excuses. There's really no true reason for it, just excuses!
Which video were you in?

THESE are the people that elected Blithering Barry!

“He black, he black, he black!”-

"I gots me an Obama phone":http://www.youtube .com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

"I won't have to pay my mortgage": http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"I gots 15 chilluns, SOMEBODY has to PAY!": http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"I gots some FREE MONEY from Da Obama Stash!": http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Laney F

New York, NY

#1013655 Oct 29, 2013
The Legacy of Blithering Barry the Blunderer
or Is Food Stamps the New Normal?

Obama, the Democrats, and the media claimed the recession ended in June 2009, were we lied to then as Obama has lied to us about Obamacare?

How can these numbers keep going up every month when we've been in Obama's economic recovery for the last 4 years and 4 months?

How come people receiving some type of welfare has increased every month since Obama's economic recovery started, that they now outnumber people who have full-time jobs in the USA?

How come the people on disability has increased every month since Obama's economic recovery started, and that they are now at historically record setting high numbers?

How come during Obama's economic recovery, Obama has dropped over 10 million people from the 'US Workforce', until today it's at the lowest participation rate for the last 35 years, all the way back to August 1978?

Is this the best we can expect from Obama and the Democrats when it comes to an economic recovery, 4 years and 4 months into it?

How does Obama's and the Democrats' economic recovery compare to Reagan's and the Republicans', during the same time period into each?

To tell the truth, it seems Obama's economic recovery is nothing more than an extension of the recession the Democrats caused through majority control of both Houses of Congress for 2 years, but blamed on Bush.

I remember Obama warning the American people right before the 2010 national elections that if the Republicans gained majority control of just one House of Congress, that they could put the country back into the recession.

Did he learn that from when the Democrats won majority control of both Houses of Congress in Bush's last mid-term election, and 11 months later the country went into a recession, that they blamed on Bush?

Gives you a lot to think about doesn't it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013656 Oct 29, 2013
I have to ask again. Why did Democrats reject health care reform back in 1974?

Nixon believed strongly in a national health insurance plan.

He stated,“The time is at hand this year to bring comprehensive, high quality health care within the reach of every American.”

His employer mandate to provide health insurance as part of his planned universal health care coverage for all citizens was seen as inadequate by many democrats in congress.

It was opposed by unions such as the AFL-CIO and the United Autoworkers as well who lobbied hard to defeat the legislation.

Ironic, isn't it? The same unions who lobbied hard against Nixon's universal health care plan but without big government intrusion lobbied hard for Obamacare and are now crying alligator tears.

Seems liberals AND unions get stuck between a rock and a hard place.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1013657 Oct 29, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take you down the station and have you committed to a mental for being a paranoid schizophrenic, especially since I'm not Gunner you idiot.
LIAR
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1013658 Oct 29, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>I agree why does anyone new BS id for anything I know I can drive why do I need to produce a DRIVERS ID, Why do I need to Prove who I am wether you are american or not you should be able to vote you should be able to cash a cheque without ID
Drivers ID? Prove "wether" you're in the nuthouse or not.

"cheque"? since when does an American use that spelling?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1013659 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you misunderstood. It wasn't Bill O'Reilly who claimed it was no big deal. It was his guest, Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, who said it was no big deal.
But Lt. Col. Ralph Peters' opinion is well-respected and holds a lot of clout on the O'Reilly Factor as a regular contributor.
Bill O'Reilly was just fair and balanced in looking out for the folks. That's his job.
Totally brainwashed dittohead; it's abosolutely amazing.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1013660 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama and the democrats are pushing illegal to legal status on illegal immigration because they are losing millions of votes. The democrats figure it is the only way they can get votes. They don't care about the illegals either unless they are going to vote the "D".
They certainly don't care about the cost of illegal immigration and the miserable economy they've saddled the middle class with.

Remember:

The Democrats control 2/3 of government (and had the whole thing for 2 of the last 5 years).

We (the taxpayers, on credit) spent almost a trillion $ on a stimulus package, but yet more and more wage earners find themselves being shuffled to part time work,

While the Democrats want to open the borders to more and more of the economically disadvantaged. Hello higher local property taxes because of schools saddled with more ESL and special education costs, crime, draining all medical and social service facilities, social dysfunction--no problemo. Press 2 for English.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1013661 Oct 29, 2013
The GOVERNMENT PUT OBAMA IN PLACE INORDER TO BRING THE POLICE STATE TO LIFE OUT IN THE OPEN AMERICANS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RIOTING IN THE STREETS THEY DONT GET WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY The Obamacare website appears to be a very expensive Boondoggle.

Especially astounding was that this website so far has cost over 634 million USD and is expected to end up costing over a Billions USD. In an astounding act of Globalist beytrayal, Canadian software consultants were hired rather than Americans who desperately need the work and are believed to be significantly better qualified. More on this later.

It has also been argued in one article that Secretary Sebelious has a prior history of being responsible for failed and/or inadequate websites.(1)

Sebelius oversaw numerous costly and disastrous government website projects during her six-year governorship (2003-2009), including a failed update of the Department of Labor’s program to provide unemployment pay and other services and similar updates pertaining to the Department of Administration and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services.

The Department of Labor’s overhaul of its computer programs was a notable boondoggle, according to 14-year former Kansas state senator and former state Labor Secretary Karin Brownlee.

“In the Kansas Senate, I chaired the Commerce committee. We had oversight over the Department of Labor. For years, we watched as the Department of Labor under Sebelius worked on that computer program. After seven years and $50 million, something should work,” Brownlee told TheDC.

“In Kansas if you have a 40 or 50 million dollar project, that’s a lot of money,” Brownlee said, noting that the Labor Department project was funded by federal money while other Sebelius website projects sucked up state taxpayer dollars.“They started and stopped that project with at least 3 different major contractors.”

Was this another planned Boondoggle to serve up chaos, a false cover for an engineered failure of America Government so that the American people will be ready to usher in a new Globalist NWO system with no more American sovereignity?(2)

Gee, is it possible that former Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelious was brought into by the Obama Administration knowing that she would be unable to do any better than in previous website projects?

WE MIGHT HATE EACH OTHER BUT WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY AND OUR COUNTRY IS US BIGOTS LOVE JACKSON,JORDAN,TYSON,SPRINGSTE EN,ELVIS,BENCH,ROSE PETE,just like the Bush Flu flew by so will the OBAMA DIABEtis
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1013662 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Davy another straw man argument you’re embarrassing!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1013663 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That darn Obamacare!!!! Canceling my policies 6 years before it was even written.
I keep telling you that you have to make the payments.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1013664 Oct 29, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why that Carla Bruni chick keeps calling me....
You too? MAN that chick gets around.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EverGreen Belgrade 17 min aqif blyta 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min wojar 180,902
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Jamie 48,583
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 2 hr Jamie 330
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 2 hr Jamie 5
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Jamie 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr primetime justice 98,694
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance