Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431570 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1014170 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>maybe this will help you:Orphans, Obamacare and Condolences... those who’ve been kicked off their insurance and mercilessly thrown out into the harsh cold; upon the rainy, muddy, dead-end street of O'bamacare....
People have been kicked off their plans because the plans didn't meet standards set by Obamacare. In the long run their health coverage will be better. Be patient. I understand how desperate you right wing morons are to be correct about something.

Location hidden

#1014171 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...otherwise known as welfare....
What's your point? Health care is a right. Remember, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....

Location hidden

#1014172 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
Insurance premiums are doubling, if not tripling. The same is true with deductibles. The $2500 in average savings promised by Barack Obama has grotesquely mutated into a $7500 increase. Meanwhile, up to sixteen million people are losing their health insurance.
Hard to tell if you're deliberately lying or just plain stupid.
TheIndependentMa jority

United States

#1014173 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...otherwise known as welfare....
Which is why it belongs ONLY in givverment offices, for verification and ID'ing purposes, and NOT (not, NOT!) all mucked up with the free market, breaching HIPPA stnadards on oh-so-hackable public webs!

(wonder if we keep pointing that out enough times, if it'll sink into the heads of the currently stuck in commieTic mode type wankers)

Location hidden

#1014174 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll post it again for you.
After Nixon won the election in 1972, Kennedy began secret negotiations with the White House that almost led to an agreement on a health care plan. Nixon introduced his Comprehensive Health Insurance Act on Feb. 6, 1974. It would've built upon existing employer-sponsored insurance plans and would've provided government subsidies to the self-employed and small businesses to ensure universal access to health insurance. Sadly, the Watergate scandal derailed Nixon and Kennedy's efforts at health care reform.
15 minutes until O'Reilly's talking points and warning. I double dog dare 'ya to watch it.
Post it again 41 years from now and it will be equally irrelevant as it was 41 years ago.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1014175 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not underinsured. Their policies just didn't include things that they did not need, like mental health care or abortions.
...and they don't want welfare...
Not so. Their policies are "skimpy high-deductible plans" that don't even cover such things as doctor visits, drug costs or hospital care.
And, if they qualify for a subsidy and opt not to take advantage of it, perhaps they really do need mental health care. At the very least, they shouldn't be complaining about the cost of the plan.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1014176 Oct 29, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone isn't as stupid as you, we read your post, you made your point, once is enough for educated people.
Anything else moron?
hahahaha, little emoron doesn't like his messiahs sht rubbed in his face. Good.

Location hidden

#1014177 Oct 29, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
One story behind the story is how blacks have stagnated and worse under the leadership of America's first black president.
Allowing 15 million undocumented immigrants, the vast number being Hispanics, to avoid laws already on the books would be devastating to blacks.
The economy is soaring, all races are finding their lives improving the last five years. Only morons are finding life difficult.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1014178 Oct 29, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? Health care is a right. Remember, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....
these idiots still haven't learned the difference between healthcare and health insurance.

Location hidden

#1014179 Oct 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
lol! I guess cons have no problems with others spying on the US!!!
I love their comedy channel!
"Intel chief: US spies on allies, they do it, too
Email this Story
Oct 29, 6:35 PM (ET)
By LARA JAKES and JULIE PACE
WASHINGTON (AP)- Facing lawmakers who suggested U.S. surveillance has gone too far, the national intelligence director on Tuesday defended spying on foreign allies as necessary and said such scrutiny of America's friends - and vice versa - is commonplace.
Another top intelligence official said the collection of phone records that prompted outrage across the Atlantic actually was conducted with the help of European governments. News reports that the National Security Agency had swept up millions of phone records in France, Spain and elsewhere were inaccurate and reflected a misunderstanding of "metadata" that was in fact collected by NATO allies and shared with the United States, the director of the NSA told a congressional hearing.
The nation's post-Sept. 11 surveillance programs are coming under increased criticism at home and abroad, capped by recent revelations that the NSA monitored German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cellphone and those of up to 34 other world leaders. Those reports relied on documents provided by former NSA analyst Edward Snowden.
Congressional leaders who have been staunch supporters of the NSA programs are now saying it is time for a close examination. The White House said Tuesday that President Barack Obama had ordered a full review of the programs and was considering changes...."
The phony spy conspirisy is just another right wing desperate attempt to find fault with Obama. Everyone has been spying on everyone else for a hundred years or more. This is just nonsense.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1014180 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know. Probably has to do with the direction of the country.
But for him to give his viewers that kind of heads up the night before, it must be something important.
Maybe the Magic Negro's FEMA takes over on Devil's Night

Lapeer, MI

#1014181 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that the title of a scary movie?
YES

Location hidden

#1014182 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
these idiots still haven't learned the difference between healthcare and health insurance.
This little word game spin only works on FOX zombies and morons.

Lapeer, MI

#1014183 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
LCN always seems interested in what books I've read. Fact is, I've read so many over the years with many genres, I've forgotten half of them. Only the authors, most of which I remember.
After reading X amount of books, you can't be faulted for not recalling every paragraph, every author and every story line.

But the greater body of reading has a way of building your thought processes over the years, expanding them, reinforcing them and enlightening them.

That's where the fruit grows from.

LCN doesn't bear any fruit but chalks up each next book as another one of his bragging rights.

Did *YOU* read this book? Why not? What's wrong with you? You haven't been initiated into Club Intelligentsia yet, baby:>
Voluntarist

United States

#1014184 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you get duped by every lie on the internet.
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/09/11/...
I certainly hope that you never denied vaccines to your children because of your ignorance.
You are interjecting someones opinion that he was making a joke?
Scant evidence of nothing.

Lapeer, MI

#1014185 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>poor lily --she has never learned to read...
lily is jealous of the literates.

She grows weary of eating the monkey food and so badly wants to eat the Fast Food & Fries on the other side of the cage bars.

Location hidden

#1014186 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha, little emoron doesn't like his messiahs sht rubbed in his face. Good.
I forgot there were idiots like you out there that have to be told the same thing over and over before they're able to get the point of even a simple statement. I stand corrected, moron to moron communication requires multiple postings of the same comment.

Lapeer, MI

#1014187 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>But only the poor incompetent O'bama got caught. O'bama is mentally unstable and needs to be examined by his own panels created by O'bamacare.
The Death Panels?
Voluntarist

United States

#1014188 Oct 29, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd, healthcare is not a right , you have a right to die.

Lapeer, MI

#1014189 Oct 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, so the car with the young people honked their horn and passed him. Tover was the aggressor, stopping in front of them and getting out of his car. He then pursued the car with the young people and shot into the car. He's guilty. But, he's white and wealthy. The young people were not armed.
If every time a person honks his horn and makes a hand gesture; someone is allowed to shoot into the car; we are in big trouble.
"If every time a person honks his horn and makes a hand gesture; someone is allowed to shoot into the car; we are in big trouble."

Stop doing the hand gesture thing, lily, and you'll be just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,454
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min CrunchyBacon 103,615
News More Cops Will Worsen, Not Help, Chicago's Viol... 10 min former democrat 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Into The Night 61,464
News Shooting near Millennium Park 18 min former democrat 1
News Man acquitted of '06 murder dies month after We... 20 min former democrat 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 9,521

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages