Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396357 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1013849 Oct 29, 2013
*Health

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013850 Oct 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We've had this discussion many times; I don't believe in hitting kids; however, I don't think you're type of spanking creates a killer. Was the Sandyhook killer spanked? I doubt it. I don't know anything about that kid who stabbed his teacher in Boston; but it's a pretty horrible story regardless.
I'm also not convinced that total permissiveness creates a killer. I do think that brutally beating a child and sexual abuse does create a violent person. This is my case against adoption; how can you know where that child came from and what his parental background is?
This is mental illness.
Not sure what your point is.

All I know is teachers and students are cussing each other out in high-risk middle and even elementary schools.

Is this what you call a learning environment? And what exactly is YOUR solution?

(Detention is not a learning environment - just in case that was going to be your kneejerk reaction.)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1013851 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The entire world is judging the O'bama administration. The opening story on the BBC last night was O'bama's embarrassments. On all of late night O'bama was the laughing stock. O'big ears don't know nuttin'.
"My administration will be the most transparent in history"

---the Liar-In-Chief

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013852 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Eman too f*cking stupid to know about federal price supports that the dairy industry gets to help maintain that regulated price.
lying dumbass Dave is ok with dairy farmers dumping thousands if gallons of milk in an attempt to raise milk prices.

unethical dumbass Dave supports dairy buyouts only to have the dairy farmer take that money and build a brand new dairy.

dumbass Dave supports dairy farmers complaining that they don't make enough money when they just bought their 16 year old a brand new corvette or $80k truck.

dumbass Dave is too stupid to realize I am surrounded by hundreds of dairys and know dozens of dairy farmers and have forgotten more about dairys than he'll ever know.
WOW

New York, NY

#1013853 Oct 29, 2013
Minority-Owned Businesses
SBA’s 8(a) Business Development program can help qualifying minority-owned firms develop and grow their businesses through one-to-one counseling, training workshops, and management and technical guidance. The program also provides access to government contracting opportunities, allowing these businesses to become solid competitors in the federal marketplace.

How do I know if I qualify for the 8(a) program?

Some minority groups are presumed to be socially and economically disadvantaged and can qualify for the 8(a) program. These groups include: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Pacific Americans and Subcontinent Asian Americans. Individuals who are not members of one or more of these groups can be considered for the 8(a) program, but they must provide substantial evidence and documentation that demonstrates that they have been subjected to bias or discrimination and are economically disadvantaged. Firms owned by Alaska Native Corporations, Indian Tribes, Native Hawaiian Organizations and Community Development Corporations can also apply to the program.

WHEN THE PREACHER HAD TO READ YOUR LETTERS FOR YOU YOU WERE LEFT IN THE dARK OK HOMOR FU LIBERAL BIGOT HUSTLER

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1013854 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly I don't believe in witches like the democrats do--I believe in heath and wellness. Until O'bama and his care came along, I was FREE to doctor or not to doctor--it was my decision. Now the commie O'bama comes along with his sick democrats and decides he knows more about my health and well being than I do. Yep Dave--commie O'bama is a failure according to the Founding Fathers and our Constitution.
You ran one for a Senate seat.

You can still decide to home treat your broken leg.

With Obamacare, I have some protection that I don't have pay your medical bills when that cut on the leg turns into flesh eating bacteria.

This is how ignorant you are. You think Obamacare is making you go to the doctor? Really?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013855 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
fckn idiot, Mormons are 15 kids with 9 different mommies.
That was a pretty clever - and funny - response.

(Although the majority of Mormons condemn polygamy now.)

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013856 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
We've had this discussion many times; I don't believe in hitting kids; however, I don't think you're type of spanking creates a killer. Was the Sandyhook killer spanked? I doubt it. I don't know anything about that kid who stabbed his teacher in Boston; but it's a pretty horrible story regardless.
I'm also not convinced that total permissiveness creates a killer. I do think that brutally beating a child and sexual abuse does create a violent person. This is my case against adoption; how can you know where that child came from and what his parental background is?
This is mental illness.
unless your daughter wanted to work at hooters, then you'd slap her.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1013857 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
fckn idiot, Mormons are 15 kids with 9 different mommies.
Lily gets the hood mixed up with Utah.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1013858 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Consumer Reports auto reviews place too much emphasis on crash tests and fuel economy and too little emphasis on quality and durability.
Performance in crash tests and overall safety are not necessarily the same.
lol! Keep it nebulous!
WOW

New York, NY

#1013859 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
wtf is wrong with you? Were you home skewled too?
THIS IS WHAT THE LIBERAL EDUCATION DID TO black children with civil rights Blacks could graduate from SOUTHERN UNIVERSITIES BEFORE THESE LIBERALS TURNED POLITICS INTO A CULT FOR BLACKS TO FOLLOW

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1013860 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
and you can continue to pretend Obama didn't lie. Baaahhhhh
So, its Obama's fault that you were sofa king stupid you didn't know that a mandate requires a definition of minimum coverage & obviously if your policy did not meet the minimum you would have to change? Obviously Obama was talking about qualified insurance plans.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1013861 Oct 29, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Medicaid and Free Cheese enrollment for healthcare spike threatens entire obamaKare house of cards... The responsible Maker always pays for the irresponsible liberal Taker...
Obamacare wasn’t designed to help healthy people with average incomes get health insurance. It was designed to force those people to pay more for coverage, in order to subsidize insurance for people with incomes near the poverty line, and those with chronic or costly medical conditions."
The Obama administration always knew millions of self sufficient could not keep their health insurance...
It's the culture...
Are you saying that Obama lied!!???

OMG!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1013862 Oct 29, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>OK SO ONLY WHITES QUALIFY no problem HOMOR thats what your signs used to say back in the grand ole days KEEP TALKING BECAUSE YOU JUST CHANGED A LAW in the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT having to do with MINORITIES lolololololhahahahahaha get this CKER out of here LIBERAL BIGOT DUNCE
More lies from a rightwinger, Homer never said nor suggested that. Can't any of you tell the truth?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1013863 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
No one is forcing you to go to a doctor you moron.
Yet!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1013864 Oct 29, 2013
Boy it sucks to live in America...

no health insurance...boo hoo!!!!

How bout an oil change for a Honda in Germany!
Can't be to bad...

$165 bucks!

"How much should I expect to pay for an oil change with filter in Germany? I have a 2.0L, 2002 Honda Accord UK(right hand drive) I have been quoted 63€ and 120€(honda dealer)"

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/...

Exchange rate.
https://www.google.com/search...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1013865 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I have to ask again. Why did Democrats reject health care reform back in 1974?
Nixon believed strongly in a national health insurance plan.
He stated,“The time is at hand this year to bring comprehensive, high quality health care within the reach of every American.”
His employer mandate to provide health insurance as part of his planned universal health care coverage for all citizens was seen as inadequate by many democrats in congress.
It was opposed by unions such as the AFL-CIO and the United Autoworkers as well who lobbied hard to defeat the legislation.
Ironic, isn't it? The same unions who lobbied hard against Nixon's universal health care plan but without big government intrusion lobbied hard for Obamacare and are now crying alligator tears.
Seems liberals AND unions get stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Seems like Lois Lame missed her morning meds. Let's see what what else happened in 1974__let's hone in on August 9, 1974.

What happened on that day babe, that may have upstaged health care reform? What led up to that day that may have upstaged health care reform? Hint: it had nothing to do with Wilbur Mills taking a dip in the tidal basin.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1013866 Oct 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit...Obama is trying to screw working Americans to benefit welfare bums.....
Take it up with WOW
Voluntarist

United States

#1013867 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Going for a physicals, screenings, etc is just good practice, dumbass.
When you ant a colonoscopy because colon cancer runs in your family I guess you just shove a video camera up your ass.
Too bad cancer isn't genetic.
Keep wasting money.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1013868 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>“I keep playing that over and over in my head: that you can keep your health plan, period,” said Terri Flay, a Manassas, Virginia, woman whose policy is being canceled, referring to Obama’s pledge.“But it isn’t ‘period.’ They put a gun to my head saying that I have to pay more because I need the health-care insurance.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-29/heal...
The unanswered question is "when did she get her insurance policy?" If it was after the passing of the Affordable Care Act, there was never any expectation that the policy couldn't be cancelled. Period. That should have been pretty clear from the beginning.

Obama was right when he said "you will be able to keep your doctor, you can keep your plan" but he should have realized that 50% of the people in the U.S. have IQ's below 100 and prefaced it with "if your policy was in effect at the time of passing the ACA there is nothing in the proposal that forces anyone to change the insurance they have..."

Then he should have, once again, recalled the average IQ level and clarified that nothing in the ACA prevents insurers or employers from making changes as they always have done in the past.

What we are really dealing with here is Republicans trying to kill the ACA before it gets started. Period. You know very well that once it is working and more and more people are covered, the ACA will be virtually impossible to repeal and that just scare the hell out of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 min Red_Forman 1,127
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 min Red_Forman 2,158
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 27 min SweLL GirL 8,928
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Dr Guru 217,067
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 1 hr bozo 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 60,175
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr fair assessment 102,560

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages