Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433685 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WOW

New York, NY

#1013661 Oct 29, 2013
The GOVERNMENT PUT OBAMA IN PLACE INORDER TO BRING THE POLICE STATE TO LIFE OUT IN THE OPEN AMERICANS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RIOTING IN THE STREETS THEY DONT GET WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY The Obamacare website appears to be a very expensive Boondoggle.

Especially astounding was that this website so far has cost over 634 million USD and is expected to end up costing over a Billions USD. In an astounding act of Globalist beytrayal, Canadian software consultants were hired rather than Americans who desperately need the work and are believed to be significantly better qualified. More on this later.

It has also been argued in one article that Secretary Sebelious has a prior history of being responsible for failed and/or inadequate websites.(1)

Sebelius oversaw numerous costly and disastrous government website projects during her six-year governorship (2003-2009), including a failed update of the Department of Labor’s program to provide unemployment pay and other services and similar updates pertaining to the Department of Administration and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) services.

The Department of Labor’s overhaul of its computer programs was a notable boondoggle, according to 14-year former Kansas state senator and former state Labor Secretary Karin Brownlee.

“In the Kansas Senate, I chaired the Commerce committee. We had oversight over the Department of Labor. For years, we watched as the Department of Labor under Sebelius worked on that computer program. After seven years and $50 million, something should work,” Brownlee told TheDC.

“In Kansas if you have a 40 or 50 million dollar project, that’s a lot of money,” Brownlee said, noting that the Labor Department project was funded by federal money while other Sebelius website projects sucked up state taxpayer dollars.“They started and stopped that project with at least 3 different major contractors.”

Was this another planned Boondoggle to serve up chaos, a false cover for an engineered failure of America Government so that the American people will be ready to usher in a new Globalist NWO system with no more American sovereignity?(2)

Gee, is it possible that former Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelious was brought into by the Obama Administration knowing that she would be unable to do any better than in previous website projects?

WE MIGHT HATE EACH OTHER BUT WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY AND OUR COUNTRY IS US BIGOTS LOVE JACKSON,JORDAN,TYSON,SPRINGSTE EN,ELVIS,BENCH,ROSE PETE,just like the Bush Flu flew by so will the OBAMA DIABEtis
TSM

United States

#1013662 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, I've probably received 5 such letters over the past 10 years.
Davy another straw man argument you’re embarrassing!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1013663 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, I've probably received 5 such letters over the past 10 years.
That darn Obamacare!!!! Canceling my policies 6 years before it was even written.
I keep telling you that you have to make the payments.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1013664 Oct 29, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why that Carla Bruni chick keeps calling me....
You too? MAN that chick gets around.....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1013665 Oct 29, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Which video were you in?
THESE are the people that elected Blithering Barry!
“He black, he black, he black!”- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KRgB2eeHZEwXX
"I gots me an Obama phone":http://www.youtube .com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
"I won't have to pay my mortgage": http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"I gots 15 chilluns, SOMEBODY has to PAY!": http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"I gots some FREE MONEY from Da Obama Stash!": http://www.youtube.com/watch...
More Classic DBWriter. Only someone who is paid to research bigotry would provide this trash.
Keep telling your moron base that only poor Blacks elected a Democrat. Unless you can figure out a way to have rich white males vote multiple times, you will continue to be a loser.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1013666 Oct 29, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like the republicans trying to surpress the votes of thousands of legal voters by pushing that voter ID bullshit, right? Come on with your bullshit excuses. There's really no true reason for it, just excuses!
Nothing wrong with stopping felonious chimps and illegal aliens from voting. I know you'd like that NOT to be the case (so you could freeload and steal unchecked), but we wont allow that to happen convict......

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013667 Oct 29, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a really good Obammy lie:
"If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period." (Pause for applause.) "No one will take it away. No matter what."
Critics said it was unlikely to be true at the time. Americans are now seeing plainly that it was not true. And now, NBC News reports, the Obama Administration knew this was a lie based on how the Obamacare regulations were written and revised.
THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CHANGED A "GRANDFATHERING" PROVISION THAT WOULD HAVE ALLOWED MOST AMERICANS TO KEEP THEIR INSURANCE and, as a result, estimated that 40% to 67% of all members of the individual health insurance market would lose their plans.
The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.
Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market,“40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date,“the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”
It was hard to believe that the Obama Administration believed their own rhetoric about "keeping your health insurance plan" under Obamacare, and we now know that they didn't believe it either. But President Obama kept on making that same promise to Americans, over and over, even AS RECENTLY AS IN LAST YEAR'S DEBATES WITH HIS RIVAL MITT ROMNEY.
How can he fundamentally transform this great nation without deceiving the dumb and dumber who apparently were the majority in 2008 and 2012?

He's counting on the mentality of Moe, Larry and Curly Joe to go on blindly believing him...(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk).
OBAMA IS A SOCIOPATH LIAR

Louisburg, NC

#1013668 Oct 29, 2013
By Lisa Myers and Hannah Rappleye, NBC News

President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC News that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”
Advertise | AdChoices

None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.OBAMA IS A Sociopath Liar

A sociopath is typically defined as someone who lies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. A sociopath is often goal-oriented (i.e., lying is focused - it is done to get one's way). Sociopaths have little regard or respect for the rights and feelings of others. Sociopaths are often charming and charismatic, but they use their talented social skills in manipulative and self-centered ways

John 8:44

OBAMA IS THE CHILD OF SATAN

44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1013669 Oct 29, 2013
Now that it's been unilaterally proven how often odumbo has lied about odumbocare (ESPECIALLY about the provisions they wrote causing individual's policies to be cancelled), the backlash will soon be felt in the midterm elections. Expect a MAJOR sweep by Republicans; especially fiscal Conservatives pledging to repeal the fraudulent failure that is odumbocare....
WOW

New York, NY

#1013670 Oct 29, 2013
The LIBERAL BIGOT HOMOR said it would be crazy if OBAMA had SOUGHT OUT A BLACK OR MINORITY TECH FIRM to create the CLUSTER FOCK obamacare mmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmsay no more LIBERAL HUSTLER white power is what you said HOMER but the DEMOCRATS cant see that Whites are LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE not REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT you are in both Parties thats what you call a REAL WINNER
WOW

New York, NY

#1013671 Oct 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Drivers ID? Prove "wether" you're in the nuthouse or not.
"cheque"? since when does an American use that spelling?
KENYANS SPELL IT CHEQUE second when you read more than one book you do what ever if the enegery you use to correct me you used to correct the children that are failing in school you would serve the COMMUNITY YOU LOVE SO MUCH BETTER so as you can see lily in all the time on topix you and your type MEAN NOTHING. EAT A DIK *ITCH

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1013672 Oct 29, 2013
nj raider1 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda like the republicans trying to surpress the votes of thousands of legal voters by pushing that voter ID bullshit, right? Come on with your bullshit excuses. There's really no true reason for it, just excuses!
Like I have said many times-if the democrats could come up with just one voter who had not been allowed to vote--they would be running around with T-shirts of that person-it would be front page news-it would be the front story for the nightly news, specials would be done on--but voter suppression is not happening. Get over your ignorance, I know how liberals operate-maybe you can make up something else.

Prevented this

#1013673 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gone to the doctor for years.
As a child, I did get the usual vaccinations and guess what? I am still alive. OMG how could that be?
Furthermore, iI went all those years & am on no medication.
Kind of kills your lame argument.
Periodic check ups, look for irregularities in your heart, blood, & overall health including screenings.
LOL-so why was your insurance canceled 6 times in 10 years? See you are the problem-you have been going to the doctor for years--and you say there is nuttin' wrong with you--ever wonder why the cost of 'insurance' is so high--look no further than to the abuser RealDave--he goes to the doctor just for the hell of it.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013674 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative
The decline in favorable views of the Tea Party over the past four months crosses party lines – Republicans, independents and Democrats all offer more negative assessments today than in June.
http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/16/tea-pa...
skewed poll(s)?
tea party was right

"The L. A. Times is reporting that the average middle class family in California will experience a steep insurance premium increase of 30%, which is consistent with what the rest of the country is seeing. However, on 19 occasions President Barack Obama promised the American people that if you already have existing health insurance coverage, Obamacare would reduce your annual premiums by $2500"

Prevented this

#1013675 Oct 29, 2013
correction:dumbdave says he only was canceled 5 times in 10 years.

Orlando, FL

#1013676 Oct 29, 2013
Ironic that the same unions who lobbied hard against Nixon's universal health care plan without big government intrusion lobbied hard for Obamacare's big government intrusion and are crying alligator tears of remorse now.

So why did Democrats reject Nixon's version of universal health care in 1974?

Anyone? Anyone?

Or George HW Bush's health insurance proposal in 1992 which included vouchers for the poor to purchase private health insurance and tax credits or deductions for families with incomes up to $80,000 as well as the creation of small business pools and health insurance networks?

Anyone? Anyone?

Two Republicans beat the Democrats to the table to offer health care reform without big government intrusion and cheaper and quality health care.

I'd really appreciate anyone on the left to respond.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1013677 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The decline in favorable views of the Tea Party over the past four months crosses party lines – Republicans, independents and Democrats all offer more negative assessments today than in June.
skewed poll(s)?
10 Democrat politicians have joined the tea party in asking for a delay in the individual mandate.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1013678 Oct 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
skewed poll(s)?
the white house gets on board with the tea party and delays individual mandate

Orlando, FL

#1013679 Oct 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally brainwashed dittohead; it's abosolutely amazing.
What's absolutely amazing is the fact Bill O'Reilly's guest said the same thing Realtime has been saying about America's spying and you turn around and call ME a brainwashed dittohead!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1013680 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>“I keep playing that over and over in my head: that you can keep your health plan, period,” said Terri Flay, a Manassas, Virginia, woman whose policy is being canceled, referring to Obama’s pledge.“But it isn’t ‘period.’ They put a gun to my head saying that I have to pay more because I need the health-care insurance.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-29/heal...
"Dem's are f*cked"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,522
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,568
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,721
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,063
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 9,553
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Sopr 225,465
Chicago has the Worst Women 8 hr Short Doc 77

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages