Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1012296 Oct 26, 2013
Liberals/Democrats you would agree this is a commonsense approach to mend a promise that the President Broke!!

Johnson to introduce legislation, entitled ‘If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It,” will “amend the law to make Obamacare live up to the promises of the politicians who sold the plan to the American public!!” now how could anyone disagree with this Legislation…Right?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012297 Oct 26, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe $30 worth of booze is "living life to its fullest" in West Virginia.
Except for Texas and Alabama, the rest of America has a higher bar. That does go a long way towards explaining why you feel as you do though.
Flack lives in the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia and has posted the names of the bars he hangs out at. They're not shot and a beer shtholes but ordinary sports type places with regular crowds.

I'm not sure if Flacko quizzes the patrons about their finances (perhaps) or whether it's just booze talking but it sounds like the sort of conversations that one might hear at a VFW or Moose club during the afternoons.

"Higher bar" made me lol__because one can hear the same conversations while sitting at the highest(priced) bars-restaurants in town, no matter the town__smoking or non-smoking.

It's all relative to how long one enjoys sitting at the bar. Two drinks and out, or seven hours and carried out.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012298 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is not in charge of your health under the ACA. You people keep telling that lie.
I really wish you would learn to read!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1012299 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flack lives in the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia and has posted the names of the bars he hangs out at. They're not shot and a beer shtholes but ordinary sports type places with regular crowds.
I'm not sure if Flacko quizzes the patrons about their finances (perhaps) or whether it's just booze talking but it sounds like the sort of conversations that one might hear at a VFW or Moose club during the afternoons.
"Higher bar" made me lol__because one can hear the same conversations while sitting at the highest(priced) bars-restaurants in town, no matter the town__smoking or non-smoking.
It's all relative to how long one enjoys sitting at the bar. Two drinks and out, or seven hours and carried out.
Well thank you I think.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1012300 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are blaming Obama for not opening the parks the Republicans closed?
No, I was speaking about the incompetence of not picking up a pen and signing a waiver for Patriots in need.

But since you mentioned it, the parks could've eeasily been reopened too, and all those extreme "barrycades" removed even sooner- save for the childesh antics of megalomaniacs wanting it all their commie ways or not at all.

Duhmmy.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1012301 Oct 26, 2013
You'll have a great Saturday. Off to a memorial to an old friend, then WV game, then a band competition, And then on to hear an old fave.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1012302 Oct 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure; you've likely never worked a day of your life. You're not even employable; unless you're picking apples or something.
Lie, lie, lie; that's the republican way. Lie all day all night year after year; isn't ironic that all you teabaggers claim to be so wealthy, you pay for everything, pay for everyone blah blah blah,
you're so fos it's incredible. My guess is that you've been collecting disability your entire life and medicaide. Liar.
In typical LOSERTic fashion-you couldn't be more WRONG.(WRONG, WRONG)

Take hike, delusional nutcase Stalker LunaTIC.

You psychoTic freak.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012303 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats voted to fund the government,
Republicans said only if the ACA was defunded & delayed.
You people re dumber than sh*t. This plan you morons he to blame Obama for the hut down is pathetic.
Republicans knew that ObamaKKKare was a disaster and were protecting the American people from having their insurance cancelled...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012304 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
In 2020, the rate is 90% where it remains.
Galt is known for big grossly uninformed on the ACA & how health insurance works in general.
Dumbass Dave is a liar...this from a pro-ObamaKKKare site

"The Federal Government pays 100% of expansion costs for the first three years and 90% thereafter until 2022."

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares-medicaid...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1012305 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flack lives in the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia and has posted the names of the bars he hangs out at. They're not shot and a beer shtholes but ordinary sports type places with regular crowds.
Interesting that you should mention it, but a lot of the right wing rhetoric here really is chest thumping bar talk. That's where everyone has a better idea and they're always right because all you have to do to prove you're right is talk louder than the other guy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012306 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Companies used to be led by CEOs whose job was long term growth & stock holders went along for the ride.
Today stockholders control the CEOs whose job has become short term profits by cutting wages, benefits, product quality for short term gains.
the stockholders own the company, not the CEO and most certainly not the employees....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1012307 Oct 26, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
In typical LOSERTic fashion-you couldn't be more WRONG.(WRONG, WRONG)
Take hike, delusional nutcase Stalker LunaTIC.
You psychoTic freak.
Ironically, your post is a good example of a psychotic episode.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012308 Oct 26, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for your loss.
For those who have made me responsible if they're unable to make a decision, I get them to tell me what their wishes are. This way it keeps the decision making in the hands of those who are best qualified
Thank you. Luckily, my siblings and I have had many discussions over the years about end of life care which certainly made my decision easier. I can't imagine anyone who is suffering not wanting their life to end if there is no chance of recovery. Too many of the people complaining about "death panels" haven't been down this road...yet.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012309 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is the delay for the rich that you claimed.
the ObamaKKKare rich are the unions with Cadillac medical plans...who received a special exemption not available to others...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012310 Oct 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you're a little off there on history, WWII was fought against fascism, the Nazis and Japanese. The Communists were actually our allies and contributed the most against the defeat of Nazi Germany.
and President Obama and the Democrats didn't shut the gov't down, the republican party did when it refused to pass the CR with no strings attached. Fortunately for us. 60% of the American public aren't as stupid as you and realize this
do you really live in a dump like Elmont?

just curious....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012311 Oct 26, 2013
flack wrote:
You'll have a great Saturday. Off to a memorial to an old friend, then WV game, then a band competition, And then on to hear an old fave.
Enjoy your day.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012312 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you believe that the elderly who have an earned right to collect social security should be fleeced by people like you?
sadly, there is no "right" to Social Security...which can be cancelled by the government at any time....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1012313 Oct 26, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, your post is a good example of a psychotic episode.
Let us guess-loserTic Liely boCaca Rat on-pretending to be another posuer poster-talking poutloud to her(it)self.

If so--STAW AWAY from my posts-stalker loserTic nutcase psycho-freak.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012314 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that you have anything to worry about. Someone with your obsession with every dollar usually doesn't have a pot to piss in.... let alone combined gross assets and prior taxable gifts exceeding $5 million.
believe whatever you wish...and the $5 million limit could be changed at any time...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012315 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Decisions regarding end of life care are made by doctors...not the government. My brother died in January. He had medicare. I discussed with the doctors all his options and it was I, NOT the government, NOT the doctors who made the decision to return him home under hospice care where he died with dignity while I held his hand. This is the third time I have been down this road.
I wish each and everyone of you ReTHUGS would have to go down this road at least once...good luck getting the "government" to make that end of life decision for you.
when doctors work for the government, the government makes the decisions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 9-20 7 min edogxxx 2
Abby 9-20 13 min Pippa 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min edogxxx 98,233
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scary Mooooooslim 178,073
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 1 hr mikayla tisdale 3,784
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,708
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,719
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info