Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012315 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Decisions regarding end of life care are made by doctors...not the government. My brother died in January. He had medicare. I discussed with the doctors all his options and it was I, NOT the government, NOT the doctors who made the decision to return him home under hospice care where he died with dignity while I held his hand. This is the third time I have been down this road.
I wish each and everyone of you ReTHUGS would have to go down this road at least once...good luck getting the "government" to make that end of life decision for you.
when doctors work for the government, the government makes the decisions...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012316 Oct 26, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you should mention it, but a lot of the right wing rhetoric here really is chest thumping bar talk. That's where everyone has a better idea and they're always right because all you have to do to prove you're right is talk louder than the other guy.
That is a very good analogy. Thanks. Of course, in addition to talking louder, you have to bring your friends to back you up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012317 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, thanks Flack but that didn't answer my question did it? Particularly since your, cough, data is aged.
For instance the US currently owes China nearly $1.27 trillion
www.davemanuel.com is a site that has several interesting, accurate and up to the minute categories such as current debt-inflation rate etc.
Have fun debunking yourself.
China holds about 7% of the US debt...no big deal...if China stopped buying, interest rates would go up, a good thing...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012318 Oct 26, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave is ACA a government or private Health Care Plan?
ObamaKKKare is just a brief pause on the road to nationalized medical care....the insurance companies, doctors, and hospitals will never know what hit them...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012319 Oct 26, 2013
Moochelle Obama crony corporation CGI also in charge of Hurricans Sandy relief...Toni Townes-Whitley making more Chicago-style kickbacks to Obama...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012320 Oct 26, 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 26 (UPI)-- Students in San Jose, Calif., can no longer hold car washes to raise for money for school events because city officials say they endanger the environment.

Cheerleaders at Lincoln High School had to cancel a scheduled Oct. 20 car wash after a visit from the city's Environmental Services Department, the San Jose Mercury News reported Friday.

"Anything that is not storm water or rain water is considered a pollutant," said Jennie Loft, the department's acting communications manager. "If it goes into a storm drain, that pollutant will harm wildlife and habitats in the creeks."

Loft said school groups could still hold car washes if they were conducted under certain conditions. Those include washing vehicles over grassy or gravel areas, ensuring wash water doesn't go into the street, gutter or storm drain and leaving no soap stains on the ground.

The same rules apply to cars washed by their owners.

Cars can be washed with a solution that requires no water, but the concentrate costs $159 a gallon.

Lincoln cheerleaders had hoped to raise money from the car wash to fund a trip to a national competition in April.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1012321 Oct 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the ass who thinks this lying sack of crap...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8BfNqhV5hg4XX
...would make a good president.
Be careful what you wish for.
Gullibility is one of Yeah's most valued talents and the one he is most proud of.

Lapeer, MI

#1012322 Oct 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
First off nitwit it was Republicans in Congress along with some of the more conservative Democrats that refused to fund shutting down Gitmo and prohibited sending some of the prisoners to federal facilities in the US.
We had two wars already in progress when the President took office and he followed the advice of his generals on how best to proceed.
The Patriot Act is also a product of Congress, not the White House Carol, and no liar, he didn't expand it. In fact Obama has ordered the DOJ to put in place stricter regulations on the use of National Security Letters to monitor individuals using library records and booksellers.
I thought his statements on lobbyists was overly idealistic, but at the end of the day you want people working for you who know how the system works.
Wrong again on the costs of the ACA Carol. Intense price competition among health plans in the marketplaces for individuals has lowered premiums below projected levels. As a result of these lower premiums, the federal government will save about $190 billion over the next 10 years.
All the buzz you’re hearing about having to switch doctors because of the law is overblown. It is possible you might have to switch doctors in the coming years, but that has more to do with the state of the health insurance industry than with the specifics of Obamacare. As the LA times explains, forcing patients to switch doctors “has been happening anyway because insurers are under enormous pressure from big customers to cut costs."
We've covered these phony scandals before Carol, there's no evidence that the Obama Administration has swept anything under the rug. That only exists in your delusional, hate filled mind.
Your assertion that this administration is the "murkiest and most secretive" also is a product of your delusions. Of course you had no problem with Dick Cheney refusing to disclose any details on his energy meetings did you hypocrite?
OK. Now that you have apologized for the Magic Negro and his army of airheads, can we hear an apology from you, too, for your clueless behavior?

Warning: I can forgive but I can't forget.

Lapeer, MI

#1012323 Oct 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no warnings about the Boston Marathon bombings specific or otherwise you goddamned liar! The fact that the warnings about the impending 9/11 attack weren't specific is totally irrelevant stupid. George W did absolutely NOTHING to try and prevent them from happening. He just stayed on his faux ranch.
You're an idiot Carol!
You're a liar, jerk.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012324 Oct 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
China holds about 7% of the US debt...no big deal...if China stopped buying, interest rates would go up, a good thing...
Yeah__interesting when it's all put in perspective isn't it?

Perspective__Hmmphhh.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012325 Oct 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when doctors work for the government, the government makes the decisions...
Doctors do not work for the government. Making end-of-life planning a part of treatment is important. Just as having rules in place for limiting "hell Mary" procedures under Medicare and Medicaid. Contrary to your belief, Medicare and Medicaid do not tie the hands of doctors. They merely insure that the doctor's recommended course of treatment will benefit the patient and not the doctor's wallet. In the end, it is the patient and/or their representative who chooses the path to follow after deep soul wrenching discussions with medical professionals.

However, in the event, a patient and/or their representative desires to choose a path that goes against the best advice of medical professionals, I do not believe taxpayers should pick up the tab. I find it unfortunate that there are those who would keep a loved one with no hope of healing on life support. In those cases, I believe it is completely acceptable for a review board to make a decision to stop financial support such decisions. All that means is taxpayers are off the hook for the cost of bad decisions. The decision to pull the plug is still the responsibility of the patient's representative.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1012326 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors do not work for the government.
with a government-run single-payer system, the doctors work for the government...

Lapeer, MI

#1012327 Oct 26, 2013
Too bad the Magic Negro's Obamacare couldn't save this little Trayvon jerk.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/black-mob-picks-th...

Trayvon Lives!

.....under every rock on every Urban Reservation in America.

Folks, they are beginning to wander off the Reservations. Get ready.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012328 Oct 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
with a government-run single-payer system, the doctors work for the government...
That's bullsht__and ObamaCare is in no way a single payer system anyway, so what's the point?

That the ACA website has some hiccups might be seen as a blessing as it will slow things down in a way that could lead consumers to better choices.

Once again__try to "look on the bright side of life."
tell_it_like_it_ IS

United States

#1012329 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__interesting when it's all put in perspective isn't it?
Perspective__Hmmphhh.
Who do you think should pay that money back?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1012330 Oct 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the ObamaKKKare rich are the unions with Cadillac medical plans...who received a special exemption not available to others...
Union workers are wealthy?

Lapeer, MI

#1012331 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullsht__and ObamaCare is in no way a single payer system anyway, so what's the point?
That the ACA website has some hiccups might be seen as a blessing as it will slow things down in a way that could lead consumers to better choices.
The Magic Negro is holding a gun in my back like some Trayvon while you stand there straight-faced telling me to "look on the bright side of life."

Uh.....what side would that be, Mr. Wu Mao Dang?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1012332 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullsht__and ObamaCare is in no way a single payer system anyway, so what's the point?
Galt never said obamakare is a single payer system. Like obamakare the website and you realtime suck...
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1012334 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Union workers are wealthy?
Many are... some more wealthy than you moochers dumbass dave...

It's the culture...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1012335 Oct 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt I can see he still hasn’t taken the Time to read the Legislation because Obamacare creates a new board to further cut provider payments. Obamacare uses the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), a board of 15 unelected bureaucrats, to contain cost growth in Medicare by finding ways to cut spending to meet a new budget target it looks/sounds like Government Health Care!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Jonah1 51,290
Jackie Robinson Little League 10 min very disappointed 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min IBdaMann 49,324
amy 12-26 1 hr RACE 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,884
abby 12-26 1 hr RACE 3
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr Big Red 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance