Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278945 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1012560 Oct 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>Jiminy friggin' cricket Carol! What planet are you living on? Where were you when we had the big to do about Bush's warrantless wiretapping?
Months after the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States to search for evidence of terrorist activity without the court-approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials.
Under a presidential order signed in 2002, the intelligence agency has monitored the international telephone calls and international e-mail messages of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people inside the United States without warrants over the past three years in an effort to track possible "dirty numbers" linked to Al Qaeda, the officials said. The agency, they said, still seeks warrants to monitor entirely domestic communications.
The previously undisclosed decision to permit some eavesdropping inside the country without court approval was a major shift in American intelligence-gathering practices, particularly for the National Security Agency, whose mission is to spy on communications abroad. As a result, some officials familiar with the continuing operation have questioned whether the surveillance has stretched, if not crossed, constitutional limits on legal searches.
You're a friggin' idiot Carol!
Did you get the memo?

It works like this: if a Republican president orders spying on Americans then that is bad, but if it is a Democrat then that is good or at least let's stay quite about it!

Same with Hillary spying on members of the United Nations, as released documents shown.

If it would had being a Republican then you would had being told to hate that person and you would had comply as you did with Sarah Palin and Herman Cain!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012561 Oct 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Jiminy friggin' cricket Carol! What planet are you living on? Where were you when we had the big to do about Bush's warrantless wiretapping?
Months after the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States to search for evidence of terrorist activity without the court-approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials.
Under a presidential order signed in 2002, the intelligence agency has monitored the international telephone calls and international e-mail messages of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people inside the United States without warrants over the past three years in an effort to track possible "dirty numbers" linked to Al Qaeda, the officials said. The agency, they said, still seeks warrants to monitor entirely domestic communications.
The previously undisclosed decision to permit some eavesdropping inside the country without court approval was a major shift in American intelligence-gathering practices, particularly for the National Security Agency, whose mission is to spy on communications abroad. As a result, some officials familiar with the continuing operation have questioned whether the surveillance has stretched, if not crossed, constitutional limits on legal searches.
You're a friggin' idiot Carol!
The US has tracked Merkel's phone since 2002 when she lead the CDU yet Obama only learned about it in 2010. General Michael Hayden calls it all "political theater."
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1012562 Oct 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of Bush's Patriot Act was to listen only to foreign chatter for any terrorist intent.
Obama and Democrats expanded the Patriot Act beyond recognition. They fear political enemies more than the real ones.
No you goddamned liar, Obama and the Democrats did not expand the Patriot Act. As I've stated before, the President has put restrictions on various aspects of the law. George W. Bush and Dick Cheney made sure the that PATRIOT Act empowered the FBI to rummage through library records with impunity and without a warrant, confidentiality be damned. The Obama administration has put restrictions on the use of National Security Letters as outlined in Section 215 of the Patriot Act that the FBI used to go through library records. In May 2009, the Obama administration announced that it would not ask the Supreme Court to review a lower court decision in the case of Doe v. Holder that struck down as unconstitutional PATRIOT Act NSL gag order provisions. The FBI will now be required to develop new procedures to justify requests for gag orders.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1012563 Oct 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Obama actually blamed Republicans for his failed "roll out" of Obamacare in his "used car salesman fast talking" speech yesterday.
The Republicans gave him Obamacare on a silver platter.
He has always targeted any and all opposition to his one-party vision. Where have you been the past four years?
Well Carol, I went through the transcript of the President's speech and there's nothing in it that blames Republicans for the problems in the roll out of the registration process you damned liar.
This is the only part that mentions the GOP;
"Let me close by addressing some of the politics that have swirled around the Affordable Care Act. I recognize that the Republican Party has made blocking the Affordable Care Act its signature policy idea. Sometimes it seems to be the one thing that unifies the party these days. In -- in fact, they were willing to shut down the government and potentially harm the global economy to try to get it repealed.
And I'm sure that given the problems with the website so far, they're going to be looking to go after it even harder. And let's admit it, with the website not working as well as it needs to work, that makes a lot of supporters nervous because they know how it's been subject to so much attack, the Affordable Care Act generally."
How is that blaming them for the problems in the roll out stupid? Considering you have the reading comprehension of a gerbil maybe your take on it is understandable. Really how did thr Republicans give him Obamacare on a "silver platter" since they've been fighting it from day one?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1012564 Oct 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The US has tracked Merkel's phone since 2002 when she lead the CDU yet Obama only learned about it in 2010. General Michael Hayden calls it all "political theater."
Don't you find it odd that on day one of his presidency, George W. Bush was told that Bin laden was plotting to blow up the twin towers, terrorists were in flight schools, Iraq didn't really have WMDs, there was a housing bubble recession nearing, hurricane Katrina would flood New Orleans, Wall Street banks were ready to fold, global warming was about to have the sky fall, etc...
while president Obama only learned of similar things either well into his presidency or only after they happened?

Obama has to be the most pampered, sheltered, insulated president we've ever had. I wonder if Valerie Jarrett tells him when he has to take a leak?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1012566 Oct 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you find it odd that on day one of his presidency, George W. Bush was told that Bin laden was plotting to blow up the twin towers, terrorists were in flight schools, Iraq didn't really have WMDs, there was a housing bubble recession nearing, hurricane Katrina would flood New Orleans, Wall Street banks were ready to fold, global warming was about to have the sky fall, etc...
while president Obama only learned of similar things either well into his presidency or only after they happened?
Obama has to be the most pampered, sheltered, insulated president we've ever had. I wonder if Valerie Jarrett tells him when he has to take a leak?
though i seem to remember Obama having to expose the real cost of the Iraq war.

then there was the day 1 executive order that was necessary to make sure that everyone would know Bush screwed up.

and i wonder how many other things Bush hid from us? one might be the Iraq Oil War. where are those records of the meetings that Cheney had with the oil companies where they all decided to invade Iraq?

so let's talk about pampered and Cheney's WH lapdog/Bush. and right wing nutjobs who still want to defend Bush by not telling us the whole story. like...a housing bubble recession that didn't happen until 8 years after Bush took office just because Bush wanted every deadbeat in American to own a home.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1012567 Oct 27, 2013
A high-ranking official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has declared in an interview with PBS that the age of antibiotics has come to an end.

Sounds like parts of ObamaKare are up and running on schedule, in particular the Death Panels and their sinister denial of antibiotics for certain targeted people...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1012568 Oct 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
then there was the day 1 executive order that was necessary to make sure that everyone would know Bush screwed up.
and i wonder how many other things Bush hid from us? one might be the Iraq Oil War. where are those records of the meetings that Cheney had with the oil companies where they all decided to invade Iraq?
so let's talk about pampered and Cheney's WH lapdog/Bush. and right wing nutjobs who still want to defend Bush by not telling us the whole story. like...a housing bubble recession that didn't happen until 8 years after Bush took office just because Bush wanted every deadbeat in American to own a home.
<SPAM>
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1012569 Oct 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq Oil War? Who got the oil, zombie?

If the right wing are nujobs & the left wing are retards.

How is the weather on the Moon?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1012570 Oct 27, 2013
This is the same guy that said Sweden was doing "fine", when they were having their 5th day of riots....
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No you goddamned liar, Obama and the Democrats did not expand the Patriot Act. As I've stated before, the President has put restrictions on various aspects of the law. George W. Bush and Dick Cheney made sure the that PATRIOT Act empowered the FBI to rummage through library records with impunity and without a warrant, confidentiality be damned. The Obama administration has put restrictions on the use of National Security Letters as outlined in Section 215 of the Patriot Act that the FBI used to go through library records. In May 2009, the Obama administration announced that it would not ask the Supreme Court to review a lower court decision in the case of Doe v. Holder that struck down as unconstitutional PATRIOT Act NSL gag order provisions. The FBI will now be required to develop new procedures to justify requests for gag orders.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1012572 Oct 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the records of Obama's meetings with union leaders. Where are the records of the 155 meetings IRS's Sarah Ingram had at the White House?

Does Obama wet himself if Valerie forgets to tell him???
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1012573 Oct 27, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq Oil War? Who got the oil, zombie?
If the right wing are nujobs & the left wing are retards.
How is the weather on the Moon?
so what do the right wing sites say about Iraq oil? China? lol

From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq. So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.

The war is the one and only reason for this long sought and newly acquired access.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-wa...

just a little hint....never take at face value anything you read on a right wing site.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1012574 Oct 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><SPAM>
yes, you should stick with one word replies.
NuculurNotSurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1012575 Oct 27, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Morning again to all my topix obamabots!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum. I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!!Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed.
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
PLEASE join me!
Warm and sincerest hugs!!! "Not Surprized"
PS, another one of my wonderful and very favorite sockpuppets has come forth this morning. We call him "USAsince1680". Winning!!!!!
Please my dear friends, show him some Topix Love!!
Not telling my doctors about this one either!
As many of my topix friends are aware I have an endless supply of fake ip addresses and topix id's which I use every day of my life that I spend on topix. It helps to pass the time here living on the psych ward in Ct. where I am permanently confined. It keeps me busy and I feel I am doing something worthwhile with all my spare time. My psychiatrists' think it is good therapy and basically harmless. My entire life is spent in a fantasy world and I don't think it shows much compassion when you attempt to humiliate me on this particular delusion.
Please my friends, play along with me. I use fake "ip address's" as I have access to hundreds. You, here on topix, are my only friends, please don't ruin this for me. It's all I've got left.
Hugs, Not Surprized!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1012577 Oct 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the records of Obama's meetings with union leaders. Where are the records of the 155 meetings IRS's Sarah Ingram had at the White House?
Does Obama wet himself if Valerie forgets to tell him???
Libtards are like little babies. They whine about rumors and ignore proven corruption they commit. They are like children.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1012578 Oct 27, 2013
Al Sharpton Threatens Barney's Boycott After Racial Profiling Allegations

The CEO of Barneys, Mark Lee, offered his "sincere regret and deepest apologies."
However, they would continue with their policy: "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1012580 Oct 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
A high-ranking official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has declared in an interview with PBS that the age of antibiotics has come to an end.
Sounds like parts of ObamaKare are up and running on schedule, in particular the Death Panels and their sinister denial of antibiotics for certain targeted people...
A low thinking Gramps is too f*cking stupid to know it is overuse of antibiotics that makes them no longer effective.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012582 Oct 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Galt never said obamakare is a single payer system. Like obamakare the website and you realtime suck...
<quoted text>
It's the culture...
They can't read.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1012583 Oct 27, 2013
The Party of NO:

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER Harry Reid says that Republicans will have to agree to tax increases to have any hope of achieving a grand budget bargain, saying Americans,'including the rich,' are willing to pay more.

Tax & spend Democrats...

The recipe for failure.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1012584 Oct 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> A low thinking Gramps is too f*cking stupid to know it is overuse of antibiotics that makes them no longer effective.
I'm surprised the "fair" Topix moderators allow you to post four letter words when you have a meltdown like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,625
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Joe Balls 197,202
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 44 min woodtick57 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr David Morrison 100,682
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 6,449
abby 9-4-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,431
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages