Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012281 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that you have anything to worry about. Someone with your obsession with every dollar usually doesn't have a pot to piss in.... let alone combined gross assets and prior taxable gifts exceeding $5 million.
Crybaby Galt is a phoney who can't shake his former Nobama persona. He's likely in his early to mid seventies and getting by on SS, Medicare and a little pension from a lower management career that he hated every minute of. If he's actually got a wife__well__he's logged at least 70,000 posts on this thread and also posts elsewhere so she's probably a. lonely or b. grateful.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012282 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Decisions regarding end of life care are made by doctors...not the government. My brother died in January. He had medicare. I discussed with the doctors all his options and it was I, NOT the government, NOT the doctors who made the decision to return him home under hospice care where he died with dignity while I held his hand. This is the third time I have been down this road.
I wish each and everyone of you ReTHUGS would have to go down this road at least once...good luck getting the "government" to make that end of life decision for you.
Sorry for your loss. Been there twice. I'm telling you if you put the government in charge of your health they will(as Obama stated) give you a pill till you die.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012283 Oct 26, 2013
Listen I talk to people every day who claim they can't afford to save money to pay a doctor, plan for retirement, or buy insurance. They tell me this as they buy $30 dollars worth of booze. Live life to the fullest and then fcuk the taxpayer. That's how most Americans roll!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012284 Oct 26, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>stupid old fool. I am sorry you don't have a pot to piss it. You want to talk about a leg to stand on--you can't even walk up steps. According to O'bama--you are a useless slug in society. O'bamaeugenics will be paying you a visit.
We can always count on you to add your two cents in the way of personal attacks. Your relentless neurotic obsession with me just shows how desperate you are to stifle voices of reason and truth. Keep it up. The more you post the more people recognize your emotional instability.

Stalking a poster as retaliation, anger and/or spite for disagreeing with your perception of things is a sickness. Get help.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012285 Oct 26, 2013
Time to go by some pumpkins. PEACE!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012286 Oct 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Debt Held by Federal Accounts
Debt held by federal accounts is the debt that the federal government has borrowed from itself. Trust funds, such as Social Security, Medicare and the Civil Service Retirement Trust Fund, own most of that debt. The Treasury must pay back borrowed money with interest into those trust funds at some point in the future.5
When a trust fund account runs a surplus, the Treasury invests the surplus in Treasury bonds or other Treasury securities. The Treasury does this for a number of reasons. First, it enables the federal government to use trust fund surpluses to finance current spending. But another reason is that Treasury bonds earn interest with very low risk, so it’s a way for trust fund surpluses to earn a return over time—just the way you might invest your own savings in a Treasury bond or other interest-bearing investment.
Yeah, thanks Flack but that didn't answer my question did it? Particularly since your, cough, data is aged.

For instance the US currently owes China nearly $1.27 trillion

www.davemanuel.com is a site that has several interesting, accurate and up to the minute categories such as current debt-inflation rate etc.

Have fun debunking yourself.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1012288 Oct 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for your loss. Been there twice. I'm telling you if you put the government in charge of your health they will(as Obama stated) give you a pill till you die.


The government is not in charge of your health under the ACA. You people keep telling that lie.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1012289 Oct 26, 2013
flack wrote:
Listen I talk to people every day who claim they can't afford to save money to pay a doctor, plan for retirement, or buy insurance. They tell me this as they buy $30 dollars worth of booze. Live life to the fullest and then fcuk the taxpayer. That's how most Americans roll!!!
Maybe $30 worth of booze is "living life to its fullest" in West Virginia.
Except for Texas and Alabama, the rest of America has a higher bar. That does go a long way towards explaining why you feel as you do though.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1012290 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Decisions regarding end of life care are made by doctors...not the government. My brother died in January. He had medicare. I discussed with the doctors all his options and it was I, NOT the government, NOT the doctors who made the decision to return him home under hospice care where he died with dignity while I held his hand. This is the third time I have been down this road.
I wish each and everyone of you ReTHUGS would have to go down this road at least once...good luck getting the "government" to make that end of life decision for you.
Sorry for your loss.

For those who have made me responsible if they're unable to make a decision, I get them to tell me what their wishes are. This way it keeps the decision making in the hands of those who are best qualified

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012291 Oct 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for your loss. Been there twice. I'm telling you if you put the government in charge of your health they will(as Obama stated) give you a pill till you die.
Thank you.

Obama:“I don’t think that we can make judgments based on people’s ‘spirit.’ That would be a pretty subjective decision to be making. I think we have to have rules that say we are going to provide good quality care for all people. End-of-life care is one of the most difficult sets of decisions that we’re going to have to make. But understand that those decisions are already being made in one way or another. If they’re not being made under Medicare and Medicaid, they’re being made by private insurers. At least we can let doctors know — and your mom know — that you know maybe this isn’t going to help. Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller.” I agree with Obama. The decision to choose quality of life over quantity of life can be difficult.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1012292 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is not in charge of your health under the ACA. You people keep telling that lie.
RealDave is ACA a government or private Health Care Plan?
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#1012293 Oct 26, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, seeing as how Republicans only have a 17-21% approval rating...he IS winning.
However America is losing, yur just too stupid to see it.
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#1012294 Oct 26, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
are you advocating that because mistakes glitches happen with computers, we shouldn't use them?
So because so many people die or get injured in automobile accidents every year, should we stop driving cars?
How about alcohol, since some abuse it, and others dive while drinking, should we go back to prohibition?
How about guns?
The point is, oh idiotic one, that this is just another of Oblama's many failures and a massive waste of taxpayer money. Him and dumbass Sebelius should have made sure it worked, but I doubt if either of them could open their email by themselves.
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#1012295 Oct 26, 2013
I is a___bitch____ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't express an opinion on whether it was staged or not, just going by the storyline. However, knowing just how big of an a-hole Sean Hannitty is, I wouldn't put it past him. Any man who would steal millions from our troops is capable of worse
Filthy lying sack of shit.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1012296 Oct 26, 2013
Liberals/Democrats you would agree this is a commonsense approach to mend a promise that the President Broke!!

Johnson to introduce legislation, entitled ‘If You Like Your Health Plan, You Can Keep It,” will “amend the law to make Obamacare live up to the promises of the politicians who sold the plan to the American public!!” now how could anyone disagree with this Legislation…Right?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1012297 Oct 26, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe $30 worth of booze is "living life to its fullest" in West Virginia.
Except for Texas and Alabama, the rest of America has a higher bar. That does go a long way towards explaining why you feel as you do though.
Flack lives in the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia and has posted the names of the bars he hangs out at. They're not shot and a beer shtholes but ordinary sports type places with regular crowds.

I'm not sure if Flacko quizzes the patrons about their finances (perhaps) or whether it's just booze talking but it sounds like the sort of conversations that one might hear at a VFW or Moose club during the afternoons.

"Higher bar" made me lol__because one can hear the same conversations while sitting at the highest(priced) bars-restaurants in town, no matter the town__smoking or non-smoking.

It's all relative to how long one enjoys sitting at the bar. Two drinks and out, or seven hours and carried out.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012298 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is not in charge of your health under the ACA. You people keep telling that lie.
I really wish you would learn to read!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012299 Oct 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Flack lives in the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia and has posted the names of the bars he hangs out at. They're not shot and a beer shtholes but ordinary sports type places with regular crowds.
I'm not sure if Flacko quizzes the patrons about their finances (perhaps) or whether it's just booze talking but it sounds like the sort of conversations that one might hear at a VFW or Moose club during the afternoons.
"Higher bar" made me lol__because one can hear the same conversations while sitting at the highest(priced) bars-restaurants in town, no matter the town__smoking or non-smoking.
It's all relative to how long one enjoys sitting at the bar. Two drinks and out, or seven hours and carried out.
Well thank you I think.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1012300 Oct 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are blaming Obama for not opening the parks the Republicans closed?
No, I was speaking about the incompetence of not picking up a pen and signing a waiver for Patriots in need.

But since you mentioned it, the parks could've eeasily been reopened too, and all those extreme "barrycades" removed even sooner- save for the childesh antics of megalomaniacs wanting it all their commie ways or not at all.

Duhmmy.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1012301 Oct 26, 2013
You'll have a great Saturday. Off to a memorial to an old friend, then WV game, then a band competition, And then on to hear an old fave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Earthling-1 52,841
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 187,273
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 2 hr Professor Fate 8
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,199
abby 4-24 6 hr Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,671
Amy 4-24 7 hr Julie 12
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]