Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Peppy

Lewisville, NC

#1011893 Oct 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
hi peppy. We all appreciate your attempt to bring homer back from the dark side, but I'm afraid he's been brainwashed beyond repair. Haven't you noticed the Obama posters in his cubicle?
Obama? I thought that was Alfred E. Neuman from Mad Magazine. Man, that is a creepy resemblance.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1011895 Oct 25, 2013
Highlander Doesn’t Explain the Republican Party

Marin Cogan’s description of intra-party Republican feuding misses the mark:

GOP strategist Rick Wilson calls this “the Highlander theory,” after the ’90s TV show about the Scottish warrior who needs to behead other immortals because there can be only one. Ted Cruz became The One by eclipsing Rubio, who had ascended only a few months earlier.

Except for the fact that a nomination process involves winnowing a field of candidates to leave one winner, the Highlander reference doesn’t work very well. Virtually every 2012 candidate that flopped did so because he self-destructed in one way or another. All of the fatal blows for Perry, Gingrich, Pawlenty, etc. were self-inflicted. The same holds true for Cruz and Rubio. For Republican presidential politics to be explained by a “Highlander theory,” all of the immortals would have to be taking their own heads. Once someone has become “the One,” he can’t be “eclipsed,” because all of his rivals would already be dead.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

i can't stop laughing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1011896 Oct 25, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you count all the way up to ten?
i'm a musician. 4 is adequate.

boy are you ever dumb.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1011897 Oct 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"FALLEN" in love"??? You're especially stupid, even for a teatard...let me guess, you're directly related to floDUH? Galt's stockbroker? Kvetch's rabbi? A Rah-fail Cruz supporter?
Just can't stop spewing out your vile hate, can you libtard?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1011898 Oct 25, 2013
Spam-O-Rama Man, at it again!
<spam>
<quoted text>
i think you need to up the mealy level. not quite getting the whole effect.

ACTION!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1011900 Oct 25, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>ObamaCare Spending on CONTRACTORS Tops $1 Billion---now lily how much actual health care would that have bought for the poor?
A surge in government spending in the six months before the ObamaCare exchanges went live pushed federal spending to top government contractors over the $1 billion mark, a new study finds.
According to the report released Thursday by Bloomberg Government analyst Peter Gosselin, federal spending ramped up in the months leading up to Oct. 1, with $352 million of the $1 billion in federal contracts to the top 10 ObamaCare contractors awarded during this time.
“In a typical IT project, spending ramps up to a peak, then trails off during the final phase,” Gosselin wrote.
The price tag usually associated the Affordable Care Act rollout is $394 million, based on a Government Accountability Office report. Gosselin argued that study was too narrowly focused, so he expanded his search of a federal contractor databases to include all awards where the acronym “ACA” or other related words and phrases appeared.
“In looking at the full range of ACA-related contracts for just 10 firms, the BGOV analysis found more than $1 billion worth of contract awards,” he wrote.
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r... -
Do us a favor, take some reading comprehension classes. The article doesn't say $1 billion was spent of ACA Contractors, but with the addition of aCA related contracts, the total of all Federal contracts exceeded $1 billion of which $352 million was for ACA related contracts.
The article then goes on to say, the writer modified the search to include the letters ACA and other related phrases, only he doesn't reveal what those phrases are. The trouble with that approach is you get all contracts with the sequence ACA in them (it doesn't mention if the search delineated between capitals or lower case. That kind of search can result in contracts that have nothing to do with the ACA coming up.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1011901 Oct 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"a mission out if"??? Bet namE feels/is impotent. ROTFALMAWAO@U
Wow! You found a couple of typos today, FIDO!

Now go take your bone in the back yard and bury it!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Where do these freaks come from?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1011903 Oct 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"vile have"??? Hey, Gunner fred, why don't you just quit while you're behind (finally)?
Add these traits I know about you, spell checking narcissist:

Paranoid and delusional.

Dolt.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1011905 Oct 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Highlander Doesn’t Explain the Republican Party
Marin Cogan’s description of intra-party Republican feuding misses the mark:
GOP strategist Rick Wilson calls this “the Highlander theory,” after the ’90s TV show about the Scottish warrior who needs to behead other immortals because there can be only one. Ted Cruz became The One by eclipsing Rubio, who had ascended only a few months earlier.
Except for the fact that a nomination process involves winnowing a field of candidates to leave one winner, the Highlander reference doesn’t work very well. Virtually every 2012 candidate that flopped did so because he self-destructed in one way or another. All of the fatal blows for Perry, Gingrich, Pawlenty, etc. were self-inflicted. The same holds true for Cruz and Rubio. For Republican presidential politics to be explained by a “Highlander theory,” all of the immortals would have to be taking their own heads. Once someone has become “the One,” he can’t be “eclipsed,” because all of his rivals would already be dead.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
i can't stop laughing.
I had forgotten all about what an ahole Tim Pawlenty was. Key word "was."

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1011907 Oct 25, 2013
See how Democrat Presidents have out performed Republic Presidents the past 50 years.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
JESUS IS COMMING SOON

Smithfield, NC

#1011910 Oct 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
endearing himself to the Tea Party....
NC GOPer Who Called Blacks 'Lazy' Uses N-Word To Defend Himself
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nc-gope...
now there's a walking advertisement for higher education.
so come on gutless wonders and defend him in some mealy-mouthed way.
It is amazing now how some of the Black people are taking advantage of White people!Because theire are more Racist blacks than are Whites!Do not get me wrong I have Black friends that I trust
more than some white people!I must say this gop guy has class that resign! A dem would never had done that!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1011913 Oct 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lets say they stayed within budget...who the fck pays $94 million for a website!?
Facebook, which received its first investment in June 2004, operated for a full six years before surpassing the $500 million mark in June 2010. Twitter, created in 2006, managed to get by with only $360.17 million in total funding until a $400 million boost in 2011. Instagram ginned up just $57.5 million in funding before Facebook bought it for (a staggering)$1 billion last year. And LinkedIn and Spotify, meanwhile, have only raised, respectively,$200 million and $288 million.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacar...
Follow us:@digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1011915 Oct 25, 2013
This is a State that wants to assure the stay Democratic…NY to reduce standardized testing in schools!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1011918 Oct 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
endearing himself to the Tea Party....
NC GOPer Who Called Blacks 'Lazy' Uses N-Word To Defend Himself
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nc-gope...
now there's a walking advertisement for higher education.
so come on gutless wonders and defend him in some mealy-mouthed way.
Bonus Points__the guy also looks like Ariel Castro,
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1011921 Oct 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
look...i realize you nutjobs would like to be able to insult anyone you want, and in any way you see fit, without your boss firing you from your job, but as long as you're in the minority....tuff shyte.
so i'm kinda liking this 'reverse' thing. and i think i just joined the club.
You a WHITE BOY YOPU DONT NEED TO REVERSE NOTHING YOU A WHITE DEMOCRAT ok save your BS
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1011929 Oct 25, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
are you advocating that because mistakes glitches happen with computers, we shouldn't use them?
So because so many people die or get injured in automobile accidents every year, should we stop driving cars?
How about alcohol, since some abuse it, and others dive while drinking, should we go back to prohibition?
How about guns?
I advocate that you be careful where you put your full trust and faith...

and as a Darwinist...some, but no all can be saved...

Just like the pre-flight instructions that state for you PUT YOUR MASK on before your child's. Small things are important...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1011931 Oct 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Facebook, which received its first investment in June 2004, operated for a full six years before surpassing the $500 million mark in June 2010. Twitter, created in 2006, managed to get by with only $360.17 million in total funding until a $400 million boost in 2011. Instagram ginned up just $57.5 million in funding before Facebook bought it for (a staggering)$1 billion last year. And LinkedIn and Spotify, meanwhile, have only raised, respectively,$200 million and $288 million.
Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacar...
Follow us:@digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
companies, not websites. Years, not opening day. That 94 mil is your money, wasted. Stupid fckn sheep

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1011934 Oct 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I know you better than you think. Narcissistic, low income, personality disorder (can't keep a job), on medication for mental issues, compulsive/obsessive, nit picky annoying person.
I bet I'm correct about at least five of the six, spell checker.
Actually, you're zero for six, ya' silly old man, but thanks for posting your resume.(Why don't you just STFU before I start in on your punctuation or lack thereof?)
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1011938 Oct 25, 2013
dem wrote:
hope all you tea bag terorists are taking a glimpse at the holy bible that you violate on topix by the second.
FOCH U AND YOUR BEDTIME STORIES ALLAH AKBAR clown MOTHER FATHER puci
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1011939 Oct 25, 2013
dem wrote:
5) I Think Health and Education Are Human Rights
I think every citizen of our nation has the right to the best health care and education available to them. I don’t think money should ever stand in the way of someone receiving medical treatment or access to education. I think that the very ideas of “for profit” health care and education are reprehensible and repugnant. Democrats want people to be healthy and educated. Republicans want them stupid and filling prescriptions so their drug company sponsors can keep their profits high.
6) I Don’t Enjoy Incarcerating or Executing People
We live in a world fraught with injustice and danger and that means that we need laws, cops, courts and prisons. This is a sad fact but a fact nonetheless. That said I do not believe that we do our society any favors by incarcerating or executing our citizens unless absolutely necessary. There is no need for millions of our citizens to be living like animals in cages for possession of small amounts of narcotics. There is no need to murder other people as retribution for crimes. Ridiculously harsh penalties do not reduce crime. It is a rare criminal that commits a crime with the expectation of being caught. Crimes of passion do not take into account consequences. Better education and law enforcement is a far better tool for preventing crime than mandatory minimums and the death penalty can ever be. Democrats think it is better to stop a crime from happening. Republicans think it is better to punish the criminal more severely.
7) I Think We Are Stronger When We Share Success
I have no issue with a cardiologist making more money than a convenience store clerk. I have no issue with the CEO of the company making more than one of the factory workers. I have no issue with a successful stock trader or real estate magnate making more than the custodian or the gardener. What I do have an issue with is the ever growing disparity between the top tier of the company and it’s employees. If the custodian or gardener really makes a living wage as the “job creators” claim, why on earth does the CEO or CFO need to make 500 times that much money? At what point is this a “let them eat cake” argument? Democrats think that the massive growth in income disparity we have seen in the past twenty years is fundamentally bad for our economy as a whole. We all do better when our citizens aren’t poor. Our economy functions better when we aren’t encouraging our citizens to leverage themselves to the hilt on miniscule wages but rather have citizens who can afford the things that they buy. Republicans think that if we massively increase the worth of our top 1% of earners that this will somehow “trickle down” to the adoring masses, thankful for their master’s scraps.
ALLAH AKBAR clown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Le Duped 184,966
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min adamski 51,511
amy 3-3-15 2 hr Sublime1 3
abby03-02-15 2 hr Sublime1 3
abby03-03 2 hr Sublime1 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 99,164
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr orange 71,556
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]