Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,435)

Showing posts 928,681 - 928,700 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so ia corporation is found guilty of a crime, with deliberate intent, what prison does that entity serve time in??
oh wait, the officers of said corporation do the time, like Ken Lay did for ENRON
Ken Lay never served a day in prison and his conviction was vacated...

do you really live in a dump like Elmont???

just curious...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? It is completely logical. Anyone who has been to an emergency room will tell you it is not a place where anyone with insurance would choose to be unless it is a true emergency. People with colds and fever will now be calling their doctor. If for no other reason than to avoid paying the $50 -$100 co-pay for an emergency room visit. I think it is illogical to believe they would do otherwise.
people with colds and most fevers should not be calling a medical provider at all. What a bunch of pusses we've become.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Guess he thinks the money will come from the Tax fairy's cousin!
The coin always comes down tails for old flack. Kinda sad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher...
What do you think of this?
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students"
"Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/09/local...
good move to teach minority students failure at an early age...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against Bush as a person. He's a nice guy and a great father. A lousy president and not very bright but pleasant none the less. Reminds me a little bit of Gomer Pyle.
I feel the same about Obama. I would love to meet the guy but would intentionally avoid talking politics.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher...
What do you think of this?
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students"
"Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/09/local...
because we live in a society where we don't like to hurt feeling, AP programs will need to be dumbed down

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lets try this again...how many years in the future can we expect deficit reduction?
CBO said ten years & expected that to continue beyond that point.

No one ever said the ACA would insure everyone. The CBO estimated a similar number when they looked over the ACA before it was passed. The idea you & Flack ac like this is something new just verifies you two dipsticks are uninformed jackasses.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Did anyone see Jeb Bush making the rounds on Sunday talk shows. He's definitely thinking of making a bid for the White House.

I have to say he's making the best of the Cruz fiasco to paint himself as a voice of reason.

“I think the best way to repeal Obamacare is to have an alternative; we never hear the alternative...So have a little bit of self-restraint. It might actually be a politically — a better approach to see the massive dysfunction."

Speaking of Cruz's fight:“It was a mistake to focus on something that couldn’t be achieved. And that’s what that was. It was tactics.”

On the GOP's claim the the debt ceiling may not need to be raised:“Well, you have to pay your obligations. I do a lot of traveling overseas. And when we have these spikes of political conversations that are not grounded in reality, the rest of the world looks at us as untrustworthy.”

“That has implications, not just for us, a slowdown of economic activity, it has implications in the world because people have to count on the United States. And if we’re behaving this way, it makes it harder to do so,” he said.

“I’m not blaming Republicans. I think we have a systemic problem in Washington right now and the void of leadership is making it harder to get to a better place,” Bush said.

“The better place would be that with civility, have a dialogue about the bigger, more pressing issues and try to find common ground rather than use each instance of…a possible crisis to win a political point.”

Yep. Definitely entertaining the idea of running for president.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/10/...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

On our privacy and a lil ole Social Security Number...

"The late Murray Kempton used to tell me he remembered that Alf Landon, campaigning against FDR and specifically Social Security back in 1936, used to shout to the crowds words to the effect of “Mark my words, those Social Security numbers will follow you from cradle to grave.” Landon was right. Today you might as well have the SS number tattooed on your forehead, along with all other significant “private” data, preferably in some bright hue so the monitoring cameras along highways and intersections can get a clean hit."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake, meant to type FIT.
What increase to the FIT is everyone paying?

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it like you do everything else you are an authority on, bimbo.
I ask because your mental twin claimed everyone was paying higher FICA & I know that to be a lie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you wonder why he wasn't nominated for president.....
neither were you...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

What was and what really was...

"People for the American Way Press Release in 2008, after Democratic President Elect Barack Obama defeats Republican John McCain by a 53-46 margin:

Looking at yesterdays results, it's incontrovertible that the election delivered a sweeping mandate for President-elect Obama"

Rewind...
"People for the American Way Press Release in 2005, after Republican President George W. Bush defeated Democrat John Kerry by a 51-48 margin:
Clearly, President Bush, who won a narrow victory and leads a divided nation, has no mandate .. "

http://www.volokh.com/posts/1225928505.shtml
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It starts with teaching children by example.
Note: obesity is a national epidemic for both adults and children.
So much for teaching our children.
although obesity is a problem, the government standards defining obesity are absurd and overstate the problem...their ideal person cannot have any significant muscular development....

for example, at 72 inches (6 ft), 140 lb is considered "healthy", 184 lb is considered "overweight", and 221 lb is considered "obese"...

a 6 ft man who weighs only 140 lb will look like a scarecrow and one who weighs 184 lb with good muscle development will appear to be very fit...

Peyton Manning at 6'-5" and 230 lb is overweight and bordering on obese...

Yasiel Puig of the LA Dodgers, at 6'-3" and 245 lb is officially obese....

Puig is 45 lb overweight according to Moochelle Obama...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
is that you or the pisswater talking

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/15/soc...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It starts with teaching children by example.
Note: obesity is a national epidemic for both adults and children.
So much for teaching our children.
besides, the tendency to higher body weight is inherited....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great!! It means things have improved enough to allow the money to flow again. The Pakistani government has gotten over their outrage over the bin Laden raid. Finally!
We have to resume aid if we are going to withdraw out troops from Afghanistan and leave Pakistan to fight terrorism on their own.
so, you like the idea of financing a nuclear Pakistan???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
neither were you...
lol! I wasn't running son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is completely illogical is your statement. The reason people don't have a family doctor is precisely because they don't have insurance and can't afford to see a doctor on a regular basis. Providing them with insurance, they will be able to see a doctor, take advantage of preventative medicine, quit relying on the emergency room for care after their condition has worsened and reduce medical costs across the board.
Serious dude, using the moniker of John Galt is an oxymoron in your case
But then again, I'm assuming you know who John Galt is and where he's at. I very much doubt you are that well versed in literature
the vast majority of healthy people who have insurance do not see a doctor on a regular basis....

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire family is a tribe of confused exploiters.
Barack isn't the only D.C employee who's lying about who he really is. The Ft. Hood incident is just a baby step.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 928,681 - 928,700 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Catfish Hunter 96,269
Abby 4-23 20 min PEllen 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,040
Amy 4-23 48 min cheluzal 40
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 1 hr hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 1 hr hands on AR 4
ask amy 4-22 7 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••