Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250905 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Lillington, NC

#1010232 Oct 23, 2013
Oct. 23, 2013, 8:17 p.m. EDT
Obamacare penalties may be delayed
Official says effective deadline to have insurance could be postponed
Stories You Might Like

By Jen Wieczner

The Obama administration will delay enforcement of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance mandate, extending how long Americans may go uninsured before facing a penalty under the law, MarketWatch has learned.

Also see: 10 things Obamacare won’t tell you

The health care law requires most people to have health insurance by Jan. 1, 2014 or face a penalty, but the Administration may postpone when those penalties will go into effect. The law allows for “short coverage gaps” of up to three months before imposing the penalty, which is $95 or 1% of an individual’s income (whichever is greater) next year. Under the current rules, someone would have to be covered by March 31, an official with the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed, which is the final day that people will be able to purchase health insurance on the public exchanges, or marketplaces, created by the ACA.

Now they want to do it Ted Cruz Way.

Now this what the gop wanted to do to prevent a gov.
shut down!How ever the dem said Hell No and shut
down the gov!Now the dem want to delay obamacare because they fear their job 2014!

You people need to Wake Up!
angel

Palm Coast, FL

#1010233 Oct 23, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it liar, you teabaggers are the most uncouth lot of Neanderthals ever.
Have another drink, you Obama-worshipping drunk.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1010234 Oct 23, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
White House: Durbin's story about insult isn't true
WASHINGTON — The White House on Wednesday disputed Sen. Dick Durbin's assertion that a House Republican leader insulted President Barack Obama while negotiating with the president over the partial government shutdown.
But Durbin, an Illinoisan who is a friend and ally of the president, stood by his story, according to numerous media reports.
In a Facebook post Sunday that remained up Wednesday night, Durbin wrote:
"Many Republicans searching for something to say in defense of the disastrous shutdown strategy will say President Obama just doesn't try hard enough to communicate with Republicans. But in a 'negotiation' meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president:'I cannot even stand to look at you.'"
Obama spokesman Jay Carney, speaking Wednesday to reporters, said he looked into Durbin's account and spoke to somebody who was at the meeting, and "it did not happen."
A spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner called on Durbin to immediately retract the "reckless allegation" and apologize. The spokesman, Brendan Buck, said Durbin's accusation was "serious … and it appears to have been invented out of thin air." Buck also called for Durbin to disclose who gave him that account from the meeting.
At the National Republican Senatorial Committee, spokeswoman Brook Hougesen's comments mirrored Buck's. "Senator Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, is at the crux of the partisan divide in Washington," she said. "How can voters trust anything this man says? Durbin should either reveal his 'source' or retract his partisan attack immediately and apologize. His credibility is waning."
Durbin's office did not respond to the Tribune's questions, but various media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal and Politico, quoted Durbin spokesman Max Gleischman as saying that Durbin stands by his comments.
Durbin, 68, who is No. 2 in the Senate Democratic leadership, is up for re-election next year.
Illinois' senior senator got in hot water eight years ago over remarks for which he later apologized. In a speech on the Senate floor, Durbin compared the U.S. treatment of Guantanamo Bay terrorism suspects to something "done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings."
The remarks drew condemnation from many quarters and even a call for his censure.
Hat tip: Chicago Tribune.
*Liberal Durbin (D-Walgreens) as he is called in Illinois--will say anything--I mean anything...never once does what he say have to be true. It is the liberal thug Chicago way.
Dickhead Durbin reminds me so much of Chuck-up Schoomer. Every time one of those two open their mouths, another defective used car gets sold to a sucker.
OBAMA I DO NOTHING WRONG

Lillington, NC

#1010235 Oct 23, 2013
hile the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.
Obamacare

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009.“First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

But the president's promise is turning out to be false for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/millions-...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010236 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear we are going to see DB's manifesto in the paper once he is arrested.
I'm wondering which version!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010237 Oct 23, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words...
Blame George Bush II!!!
Oh no son! There's no blame involved...

... history shows that!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010238 Oct 23, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Five things Liberals Fear: Government, Black Conservatives, Facts, Fox News, and Truth!!
It's the culture...
lol! Well son, here's a fact for you!

“Although you'd love to watch me post something intelligent, alas, it will never happen.“- shinningelectr0n
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1010239 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
The probably cant read or don't know how to use a computer
yeah, you NYC Bocajews think everybody else is stupid...

crawl back in your hole, you filthy swine...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010242 Oct 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded or drunk?
He's American son.

Unlike you!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010244 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just too stupid for words.
lol! I would normally ask you to forgive his ignorance, but he does it by choice!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1010245 Oct 23, 2013
"Obama can be a dick to his staff and not afraid to throw them under the bus for his own self interest" - Obama administration official.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010246 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is true, why do I understand the process and you don't?
??????????

wow. another reich wing claim supported by a reich wing claim!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010247 Oct 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you think the Obama admin was required to use a vendor already under contract. They were not. Period.
lol! I love this comedy channel!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010248 Oct 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to cry, pansyboy? Maybe you can talk oe of your chimp boyfriends into giving you a good fisting with fro grease....
yellow wolfie spine son!

free!
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1010249 Oct 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Example?
Galt thinks his tidy whiteys are a keeper
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1010250 Oct 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dried-out old warthog for sure.....
lol! Hey! Now there's an idea!

Dried wolfie meat!

Sounds like it'll make a great jerky coming from an animal that's a predisposed jerk!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1010252 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol
gender reassignment candidate!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1010253 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Galt thinks his tidy whiteys are a keeper
Bocajew lily thinks pretending to be a Jew-hating black scumbag is funny...

Location hidden

#1010254 Oct 23, 2013
the price is wrong!

" HealthCare.gov pricing feature can be off the mark"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-576088...

Location hidden

#1010255 Oct 23, 2013
Pres. Obama off to do what he does best...

suck up to rich liberals...

"Awesome: Obama Heading Off for Five-Week ‘Fundraising Blitz’"

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/awesome-obama-he...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Jacques Ottawa 192,059
News Chicago on Alert for All Manner of Violence thi... 29 min fit 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Trey LaTrache 53,933
aggy-6-30-15 58 min Kuuipo 10
Dear Abby 7-1-15 1 hr Sublime1 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,140
Ask Amy 7-1-15 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 99,880
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages