Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009244 Oct 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Liberals and fake democrats revel in destruction. Destruction makes them feel useful. Notice how useful O'bama thinks he is after the disaster called O'bamacare is foisted on the public. O'bama doesn't care about you at all.
kinda like Republican Governors who made sure poor folks wouldn't get healthcare insurance?
Laney F

New York, NY

#1009245 Oct 22, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye. Your nutjob friends on the left will be here for you next time.
This must be the one day of the year Lily's family takes her out of the house (wearing a hockey helmet over the wig and her special going out Miu Miu from The Too Fat for
Fashion Collection.)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009246 Oct 22, 2013
Stephen Colbert took aim at Fox News' resident psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow on last night's "Colbert Report." In response to Ablow diagnosing President Obama with a "victim mentality" that could be traced back to his father's abandonment, Colbert took a tongue-in-cheek approach to proving what a ridiculous diagnosis Ablow dished out.

"We've seen this sad story too many times: African-American males without role models go onto become president and give everyone healthcare," Colbert joked. "One must ask, how was he able to yank such an insightful diagnosis so smoothly from his ass?"

Check out the clip above, where Colbert gives Ablow a taste of his own medicine: By giving his own psychoanalysis about Ablow's potty-training years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/colb...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009247 Oct 22, 2013
Buck Rogers is dead and...

we can smoke pot!

"Slowly Crumbling, NASA Landmarks May Face the Bulldozer"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/science/spa... ;
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009248 Oct 22, 2013
This is a remarkable quote from Sen. Mike Lee on the shutdown fight:

Some say we shouldn’t have fought because we couldn’t win, but this country wasn’t built by fighting when victory was absolutely certain.

Well, it wasn’t built by fighting when victory was impossible, either. Republican defeat in this standoff was as certain as such things can be in politics, and it’s not as if no one mentioned this to Lee and his allies ahead of time. There were quite a few people on the right warning against a course of action that was sure to fail, and then it failed just as they had said it would. As we have seen in one poll after another, that failure was costly. A new Post/ABC News poll confirms the earlier findings:

There was little in the findings for the GOP to feel good about. The party’s image has sunk to an all-time low in Post-ABC surveys, with 32 percent of the public saying they have a favorable opinion and 63 percent saying they have an unfavorable view. Almost four in 10 Americans have a strongly unfavorable view of the GOP.

There is an argument that Republican defeat in this case wouldn’t have been so complete if there had been greater unity on the right in support of the doomed strategy, but that just drives home how foolish the strategy was all along. The defunding goal was clearly unachievable, and in order for the GOP to get anything at all out of the standoff large numbers of Republicans and conservatives would have to endorse what they knew to be a futile and self-defeating effort. The idea is that people should abandon their better judgment for the sake of party unity, and that party unity should be maintained so that some minor gain might be salvaged from an avoidable debacle. If the party has failed to avoid a debacle, the better course of action at that point would be to try to end it as soon as possible rather than continuing to “fight” for the sake of fighting. Then again, realizing that it is necessary to cut one’s losses requires understanding that one is already losing.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1009249 Oct 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing new, this has been going on forever, the only difference is the technology. Go back to sleep.
"The U.S. swept up 70 million French telephone records and text messages in global surveillance - recording certain private conversations."

"While corporate and spy- vs.-spy espionage may be common, the newspaper report indicated that French citizens were unwittingly drawn into U.S. surveillance too."

"The U.S. is thought to avoid spying on its coalition of "'Five Eye" partners - Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand - but considers other countries fair game."

"From Dec. 10, 2012 to Jan. 8 of this year, 70.3 million recordings of French citizens' telephone data were made by the NSA. Intercepts peaked at almost 7 million in Dec. 24 and again on Jan. 7."

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/23745318/france-jo...

"70.3 million recordings of French citizens' private conversations..."

That's a helluva lot of terrorists in France.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1009250 Oct 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! She really lives in an insular world...
NEW YORK -- The Obama administration has overseen a sharp increase in the number of people subjected to warrantless electronic surveillance of their telephone, email and Facebook accounts by federal law enforcement agencies, new documents released by the American Civil Liberties Union on Friday revealed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/warr...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009251 Oct 22, 2013
when ObamaKKKare crashes and burns, Obama will blame the insurance companies...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009252 Oct 22, 2013
Democrats and burning crosses can mean only one thing...

and it's a knee slapper!!!

Tea Party!

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/22/dem-rep-al...

Bozeman, MT

#1009253 Oct 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kinda like Republican Governors who made sure poor folks wouldn't get healthcare insurance?
How did these republican governors make sure Medicaid and CHIP were withheld from "poor folks"?
Laney F

New York, NY

#1009254 Oct 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! She really lives in an insular world...
Lol and yours is insulated, but I doubt as much as you'd like. Maybe you hide out from your peers within 4 walls because it is safer. Other libs are the limousine variety and quite insulated from the very things they praise and promote, because it makes them feel good and not because they would get within a 10 foot pole of it.

Many young people start out being limousine liberals, feeling compassion for all the needy of the world and admiring the communists who were trying to spread the wealth in equal, fair shares to people of unequal talents, efforts, and ambitions.

Then many find that the only real way is to EARN your way. A concept the Obama administration dislikes as much as those in power as in the Hunger Games.

Libs also want the self-satisfaction and egotism of being good people. They feel superficial feelings for the disadvantaged and pat themselves on the back. How greedy to want everything for themselves -- the money and the moral high ground.

The same limousine liberals open their windows as they drive by and throw out a cookie or an encouraging word. Then they drive past a church or a temple and whisper to each other that they are too big, too sophisticated for God. They praise communism but don't mention the hundreds of millions of people slaughtered in Russia, China, Vietnam, Cuba, Cambodia, etc.

The only "ism" they hate is "Nazism." It is easy to pick on the bad guys, because the Nazis have no redeeming features. The communists have the rhetoric of peace alongside the destruction of their own people.

Obama's early posters were shaded red. His re-election slogan was the Communist word "Forward."

I've been a limousine liberal twice in my life: in the sixties in my dad's Lincoln, in the eighties and nineties in my Rolls-Royce. Now the subway car is my limousine, and my driver is my Republican views. I have grown up. I admire my monthly Metrocard. I do not suck up to beggars and the poor just to feel like Christ.

The liberals do -- yet most of them are ironically atheists and have not suffered crucifixion for the sins of mankind. They are believers in nothing. They are regulations minus the moral convictions.

They are mouths of emptiness spitting out the saliva of platitudes, just like their God--the empty suit currently in the White House.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1009255 Oct 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What government shutdown?
I don't recall seeing any government shutdown. I do recall Obama spending more money putting Barrycades up than it would have cost to conduct normal operations, though.
So, what government shutdown are you talking about?
... what planet do you live on?
You keep asking the same question over and over again expecting a different response. You do know that is a sign of insanity don't you?

As I have told you before, you don't have to furlough every employee in a division to shut it down. If a department has 4,195 employees, as the Department of Education has, and you furlough 3,983 of them (as they did) you have effectively shutdown normal operations. So, using that example, here are the Departments whose normal operations were "shutdown".

Department of Education
Department of Commerce
Department of Energy
Corporation for National and Community Service
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Department of Interior
Department of Labor
Environmental Protection Agency
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Federal Communications Commission
Federal Elections Commission
Federal Energy Regulation Commission
Federal Labor Relations Authority
Federal Maritime Commission
Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
Federal Trade Commission
Federal Crimes Enforcement Network
Federal Management Service
Institute of Museum and Library Services
Internal Revenue Service
International Boundary Commission
International Joint Commission
National Capital Planning Commission
National Labor Relations Board
National Science Foundation
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
Office of Government Ethics
Postal Regulatory Commission
Small Business Administration
Smithsonian
Office of Inspector General
HUD
U.S. Office of Special Council
U.S. Trade and Development Agency
United States Access Board
U.S. Postal Service Inspector General
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
USDA Risk Management Agency
USDA Rural Development
NASA

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2013/09/po...

Bozeman, MT

#1009256 Oct 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Obama actually blamed Republicans for his failed "roll out" of Obamacare in his "used car salesman fast talking" speech yesterday.
The Republicans gave him Obamacare on a silver platter.
He has always targeted any and all opposition to his one-party vision. Where have you been the past four years?
This administration has no equal where evading responsibility is concerned. No doubt the "unrealistic deadlines" were the fault of the GOP. "Website builders saw red flags for months."

++++++++++

Obamacare Website Programmers Complained About Unrealistic Deadlines

WASHINGTON (AP)— Crammed into conference rooms with pizza for dinner, some programmers building the Obama administration's showcase health insurance website were growing increasingly stressed. Some worked past 10 p.m., energy drinks in hand. Others rewrote computer code over and over to meet what they considered last-minute requests for changes from the government or other contractors.

As questions mount over the website's failure, insider interviews and a review of technical specifications by The Associated Press found a mind-numbingly complex system put together by harried programmers who pushed out a final product that congressional investigators said was tested by the government and not private developers with more expertise.

Project developers who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity — because they feared they would otherwise be fired — said they raised doubts among themselves whether the website could be ready in time. They complained openly to each other about what they considered tight and unrealistic deadlines. One was nearly brought to tears over the stress of finishing on time, one developer said. Website builders saw red flags for months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/obam...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1009257 Oct 22, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
I am not a crook!

That must be what Bush and Chaney say every morning when they look in the mirror.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009258 Oct 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
How much pot do you smoke on a daily basis?

anyway...

Insurance?
Who wants to live forever? I mean with all the racism and Republicans throwing you and your wife off cliffs...

not to mention small pox in your blankets...

Is it any wonder you lived this long...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009259 Oct 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares!
You hate whitey!!!!
i don't hate whitey. that would be half self defeating. it's just that the other half derives much pleasure in pointing out whiteys idiosyncrasies, and it's not my fault i get so many chances to swing at the fence.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009260 Oct 22, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did these republican governors make sure Medicaid and CHIP were withheld from "poor folks"?
so now every person who applies for those programs gets approved?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009261 Oct 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Buck Rogers is dead and...
we can smoke pot!
"Slowly Crumbling, NASA Landmarks May Face the Bulldozer"
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/science/spa... ;
worth preserving...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009262 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep asking the same question over and over again expecting a different response. You do know that is a sign of insanity don't you?
As I have told you before, you don't have to furlough every employee in a division to shut it down. If a department has 4,195 employees, as the Department of Education has, and you furlough 3,983 of them (as they did) you have effectively shutdown normal operations. So, using that example, here are the Departments whose normal operations were "shutdown".
Department of Education
Department of Commerce
Department of Energy
Corporation for National and Community Service
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Department of Interior
Department of Labor
Environmental Protection Agency
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Federal Communications Commission
Federal Elections Commission
Federal Energy Regulation Commission
Federal Labor Relations Authority
Federal Maritime Commission
Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission
Federal Trade Commission
Federal Crimes Enforcement Network
Federal Management Service
Institute of Museum and Library Services
Internal Revenue Service
International Boundary Commission
International Joint Commission
National Capital Planning Commission
National Labor Relations Board
National Science Foundation
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission
Office of Government Ethics
Postal Regulatory Commission
Small Business Administration
Smithsonian
Office of Inspector General
HUD
U.S. Office of Special Council
U.S. Trade and Development Agency
United States Access Board
U.S. Postal Service Inspector General
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
USDA Risk Management Agency
USDA Rural Development
NASA
http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2013/09/po...
You ever hear of 'mission essential' personnel?
Not all Civil Service folks are given this distinction...
Why does the Government classify some workers as essential?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009263 Oct 22, 2013
The budget confrontation that led to a partial government shutdown dealt a major blow to the GOP’s image and has exposed significant divisions between tea party supporters and other Republicans, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey highlights just how badly the GOP hard-liners and the leaders who went along with them misjudged the public mood. In the aftermath, eight in 10 Americans say they disapprove of the shutdown. Two in three Republicans or independents who lean Republican share a negative view of the impasse. And even a majority of those who support the tea party movement disapprove.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min loose cannon 178,225
Abby 9-22 1 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••