Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,376)

Showing posts 927,501 - 927,520 of1,034,175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but the defunding part was soon dropped.
Do you know the only two changes in Obamacare the Republicans settled on and asked for to avoid a shutdown?
I'd really like to know if you know this.
There is only one. Since the "hub" already links to the IRS to verify income eligibility. The only change is that the HHS Secretary write a letter explaining what her department is already doing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Thank goodness for Science!

Fracking leads to automobile combustion!

In Canada!

"40 arrested after New Brunswick anti-fracking protest turns violent"

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/a...
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where are we going????"
To hell in a bucket, and I'm not enjoying the ride.
You're More than welcome to jump out of the bucket, had first into the open fire. At least the bucket is filled with ice. Lol
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I see a lot of t-p'ers at the bottom of the cliff son.
Yeah, they are there to toss you libtards who jumped off out to sea, Dong.

Maybe in your next life, you won't be such an idiot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know it was tested and the decision was made to launch it anyway.
You don't know jackshyt.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your healthcare worth risking on a crappy Network/INFRASTRUCTURE?
really?
I'm not buying any insurance from the exchange. People who don't like it can get insurance elsewhere. No one is holding a gun to their head to use "a crappy Network/infrastructure".
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Random post on the US debt...

"It seems the only way to make the press notice the real fiscal crisis is to elect another Republican president"

Jon Gabriel, Ed.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Ah Fox News. I was wondering why all the lemmings were fired up this morning, some of their headlines -
OBAMACARE WOES
- Insurers get faulty data
from glitch-riddled website
- Obamacare site wasn't tested until week before launch
Tell you what folks, for those of you using Internet Explorer go in to advanced settings and check the box to 'show a notification for every javascript error' and then surf the web and see how many you get, you can even go to your beloved Fox News site where you will get about a dozen before you can get the home page to load.
Topix throws errors all the time.
Technically speaking these are glitches.
Trust me it will get very annoying and you will soon be unchecking that button very shortly.
You have no clue what you are talking about, misguided libtard.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
So the Tea Baggers took 24 billion out of the economy, set fire to the Republican party and you're all back on Topix to whine about Obama.
Some things never change.
24 billion?

The vote raised the debt ceiling by just shy of another trillion.

You're right, some things never change. Another day older and deeper in debt.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was the president.
Obama needed to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama withdrew all troops in Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama was warned by Iraqi military and American military not to withdraw all troops from Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama didn't care about the sacrifices of blood and treasure in Iraq and ignored military advise to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama wanted to win the election at all costs in 2012.
History will not be kind to Obama.
This has to be one of your dumbest posts ever..In answer to each accusation...First one. What president needlessly lied us there to begin with?. Second one...Bush- Cheney needed a war to spike their failing leadership while deflecting from their total incompetence..Third one...I do believe that Obama pretty much stuck to the guidelines of removal that were set by Bush...Last one..Only a total moron and a person that has no connection to reality would even go to the Obama didn't care and the sacrifice part...

Ever single death and casualty there belongs to Bush and his band of chicken hawks. People like you that show so little real concern for the sacrificed make me sick. You are pretend patriots...When in essence yours is power greed and a total ideolog willing to believe any and everything to the point of fanaticism. You and those like you have regressed to the point of simply slinging shit and hatred with never a thought of right or wrong good or bad. Disgusting cowards that never show any concern for the ones you so willingly sacrificed. Pathetic.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) oversees the implementation of the provisions related to private health insurance.
http://cms.gov/CCIIO/
Among the IRS' biggest tasks will be to:

*Collect information from employers and insurers: The ACA requires employers to tell the IRS whether an employee has insurance.

At the end of the year, insurers must provide the IRS and policyholders a form verifying coverage status and individuals must include those forms with their federal tax return.

*Figure out who qualifies for subsidies or Medicaid: When a person applies for coverage on an exchange, the information he provides will be cross-checked with income, job and coverage information from the IRS. That cross-check will determine whether someone is eligible for a premium credit, or if he's eligible for Medicaid, which the ACA expanded.

While the IRS is authorized to share income and other data with the exchanges and some federal and state agencies, those third parties may only use that information for determining eligibility for coverage and subsidies, according to the TIGTA report.

*Determine who must pay a penalty: Starting in 2014, individuals must buy qualified health insurance or pay a penalty. Some groups are exempt from the new rule, including those whose income is so low that they're not required to file a tax return.

In 2014, the penalty will be no more than $285 per family or 1% of income, whichever is greater. In 2015, the cap rises to $975 or 2% of income. And by 2016, the penalty would be up to $2,085 per family or 2.5% of income, whichever is greater. The dollar amounts for a single adult would be $95,$325 and then $695 during that same time period.

(Sheesh...$2085 per family sure helps those struggling already.)

The law prohibits the IRS from putting liens or levies on your property to collect the penalty. It may, however, be able to withhold your future refunds if you don't pay.

(In other words, they're fairly impotent to collect penalties.)

*Penalize employers that don't provide affordable coverage: Starting next year, employers with 50 or more employees must provide affordable, qualified coverage to employees. If they don't, they have to pay an "Employer Shared Responsibility payment." The IRS must establish rules and guidance for employers in this regard and collect the penalty from them.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/28/pf/taxes/irs-...

The Supreme Court ruled Obamacare a tax law, so sounds to me like the IRS has a pretty big role - enforce and punish.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

when the Media has a blonde moment...

"Reporter Asks 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron What It's Like to Film in Space"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/reporte...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.
Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
John Kerry:- "I voted for the war, before I voted against it"...
The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism
It's the culture...
lol! And...... what happened in those strikes son?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they are there to toss you libtards who jumped off out to sea, Dong.
Maybe in your next life, you won't be such an idiot.
That'll be an interesting lesson in physics since they're below me son!

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Cruz is just playing to his base.
I'm just curious if they all see themselves just as nutty as him!
The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Cruz's father is just plain batty.

“As a matter of fact, one of the things in Obamacare is that for the elderly, every five years you must have end-of-life counseling,” Cruz's father told a crowd at a Lincoln-Day dinner just north of Denver.“Translation: suicide counseling.”

“I believe the most ominous words I’ve ever heard from Barack Hussein Obama was two years in a row at the State of the Union address when he said,‘If Congress does not act, I will act unilaterally,’” said Cruz.“[It’s] no different than that bearded friend, or dictator, that I left back in Cuba.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cru...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
24 billion?
The vote raised the debt ceiling by just shy of another trillion.
You're right, some things never change. Another day older and deeper in debt.
Then you should thanking Obama the Mall was closed and scolding the veterans son.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're More than welcome to jump out of the bucket, had first into the open fire. At least the bucket is filled with ice. Lol
...and dumbfk blockheads like you who can't carry his own load, so you leech off of others, you useless POS.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's FACEBOOK you twit. Nobody cares.
facebook Social Media with 230,000 likes many do you idiot..

You don't, because of the way your ego works, the politics of liberalism are the bulwarks of hypocrisy and self-deception, butt USSR is often not secretive, just clueless.

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
This has to be one of your dumbest posts ever..In answer to each accusation...First one. What president needlessly lied us there to begin with?. Second one...Bush- Cheney needed a war to spike their failing leadership while deflecting from their total incompetence..Third one...I do believe that Obama pretty much stuck to the guidelines of removal that were set by Bush...Last one..Only a total moron and a person that has no connection to reality would even go to the Obama didn't care and the sacrifice part...
Ever single death and casualty there belongs to Bush and his band of chicken hawks. People like you that show so little real concern for the sacrificed make me sick. You are pretend patriots...When in essence yours is power greed and a total ideolog willing to believe any and everything to the point of fanaticism. You and those like you have regressed to the point of simply slinging shit and hatred with never a thought of right or wrong good or bad. Disgusting cowards that never show any concern for the ones you so willingly sacrificed. Pathetic.
Felt compelled to drive home the point everything this president does is about winning.

Not winning for the country...but for himself and his one-party vision.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
<idiotic spam>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 927,501 - 927,520 of1,034,175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-19 20 min PEllen 13
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,597
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 96,137
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,535
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Be kuel 505
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 42,993
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr boundary painter 92
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search