Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,368)

Showing posts 927,341 - 927,360 of1,078,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Gee whiz... the reich wingers should be begging for this to happen in the US!

The can put it under the heading of "energy freedom" or "energy self sufficiency"!

Or my preferred option... have them move there!

"Super smog hits north China city; flights canceled

By Louise Watt

Associated Press

POSTED: 05:53 p.m. HST, Oct 21, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 06:13 p.m. HST, Oct 21, 2013

BEIJING >> Visibility shrank to less than half a football field and small-particle pollution soared to a record 40 times higher than an international safety standard in one northern Chinese city as the region entered its high-smog season.

The manager for U.S. jazz singer Patti Austin, meanwhile, said the singer had canceled a concert in Beijing because of an asthma attack likely linked to pollution.

Winter typically brings the worst air pollution to northern China because of a combination of weather conditions and an increase in the burning of coal for homes and municipal heating systems, which usually starts on a specific date. For the large northern city of Harbin, the city's heating systems kicked in on Sunday, and on Monday visibility there was less than 50 meters (yards), according to state media.

"I couldn't see anything outside the window of my apartment, and I thought it was snowing," Wu Kai, 33, a housewife and mother of a baby boy, said in a telephone interview from Harbin. "Then I realized it wasn't snow. I have not seen the sun for a long time."

She said her husband went to work in a mask, that he could barely see a few meters (yards) ahead of him and that his usual bus had stopped running.

"It's scary, too dangerous. How could people drive or walk on such a day?"

The density of fine particulate matter, PM2.5, used as an indicator of air quality was well above 600 micrograms per cubic meter -- including several readings of exactly 1,000 -- for several monitoring stations in Harbin, according to figures posted on the website of China's environmental protection agency. They were the first known readings of 1,000 since China began releasing figures on PM2.5 in January 2012, and it was not immediately clear if the devices used for monitoring could give readings higher than that.

A safe level under WHO guidelines is 25 micrograms per cubic meter.

Primary and middle schools and some highways were closed, said authorities in the city, which is in China's northernmost province bordering Russia. At least 40 flights to destinations in southern China and Beijing among others were canceled or postponed at Harbin's Taiping International Airport on Monday morning.

Austin's management team said the 63-year-old singer had been treated in a hospital Friday morning for an asthma attack in combination with a respiratory infection. She returned to her hotel later Friday to rest, but was unable to perform at her Beijing concert scheduled for Friday evening. Her Saturday night concert in Shanghai went ahead.

Her manager, Barry Orms, said Monday that Austin, as an asthma sufferer, would have been "affected by the amount of pollution." He said that it wasn't their goal to place blame, and that "Patti has expressed our belief that the Chinese government can be a leader in this very important issue."

On the morning ahead of her concert Friday, Beijing's air was visibly polluted, with the city's environmental monitoring center warning children, the elderly and those with respiratory illnesses to reduce outdoor activity.

China's major cities have some of the world's worst smog. The government was long indifferent to the environment as it pursued economic development, but has begun launching some anti-pollution initiatives after mounting public frustration.

Last month, China's Cabinet released an action plan that aims to make a small reduction in the country's heavy reliance on coal to below 65 percent of total energy usage by 2017. According to Chinese government statistics, coal consumption accounted for 68.4 percent of total energy use in 2011.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>This country is pre destined to bankrupt it's self every 70years. So the history, 70 years prior to 01, this country went bankrupt with the stock market crash. 70years prior, Civil war. 70years prior, trust me , it was a war &, bankruptcy. Obama can't do what already happened under the watchful eyes of Bush 43. America is the antiChrist some about in the bible!
Yeah but with the Magic Negro, we are destined to go bankrupt morally, too, beside just financially. Big difference, dood.

Hope and Change? Hope is gone and Change is approaching like a Funeral Train in the night.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize you have to live in America and bear it son.
Therefore, I release you of your bond.
Feel free to leave as soon as possible, if not sooner!
You are out of your tree -- like a rotten fruit.

You released yourself from your bond, dood.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If the chimps had any sense at all they would be beating down the belligerent aliens instead of the legal citizens. When the State runs out of people to tax they'll be sorry ass bastards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
A Brave New World scenario doesn't look so bad now, compared to what Obama's minions have planned for us.
Mayberry RFD was way ahead of its time.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

It's next to impossible to change a liberal's mind about political issues.

Why?

Because only liberals are credible sources of information. No matter how factual what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not one of them.

This intolerance won't allow liberals to even acknowledge the existence of any information that might go against what they've been taught.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
Why?
Because only liberals are credible sources of information. No matter how factual what you say may be, it will be ignored if you're not one of them.
This intolerance won't allow liberals to even acknowledge the existence of any information that might go against what they've been taught.
Ignorance carved in stone.

Someday, this will be personified on the Washington Mall with a sculpture of the Magic Negro his his head up his azz.

They'll hire a Chinese sculptor, too.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how McConnell and Reid resolved the government shut down
A temporary fix "resolved" nothing. The government is funded until January 15, 2014. Funny.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out of your tree -- like a rotten fruit.
You released yourself from your bond, dood.
you're free son! Go! Leave! Be all that you can be!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
A temporary fix "resolved" nothing. The government is funded until January 15, 2014. Funny.
absolutely correct. Which is why I don't expect this to be a merry Christmas for retailers.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
Why?
Key phrase: "What they've been taught"

12 years of public miss-education by the extreme left wing NEA will end up killing us all........

(God forbid they go on to Harvard..)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance carved in stone.
Someday, this will be personified on the Washington Mall with a sculpture of the Magic Negro his his head up his azz.
They'll hire a Chinese sculptor, too.
still looking for bushie boy's wine's son.

Have you found it?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Q: How do you change a Reich wing nuts mind?

A: Not possible since they have no mind to change
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> still looking for bushie boy's wine's son.
Have you found it?
oops! Not wine's. Wmd's!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> still looking for bushie boy's wine's son.
Have you found it?
wine?

What in the hell are you jabbering on about now?

Are you into the bottle again?

Does your 300Lb wife know about it?

Be scared. Be real scared.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>oops! Not wine's. Wmd's!
If you could just keep that big mouth open, you'd make a great dustpan for someone's garage.

over here <-------->

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>oops! Not wine's. Wmd's!
At the beginning of the Iraq war a convoy of trucks, suspected of carrying WMD's was spotted on satellites moving to Syria. Now we all know Syria has no chemical weapons. They only used them to kill 100,000 of their own citizens. Are you that obtuse?

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Key phrase: "What they've been taught"
12 years of public miss-education by the extreme left wing NEA will end up killing us all........
(God forbid they go on to Harvard..)
7th Graders in Colorado Assigned "Righty/Lefty" Political Survey

https://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/88511-7th-gr...

Care to guess which way the questions were skewed? You got it...lefty = nicey, righty = meany.

over here <-------->

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
7th Graders in Colorado Assigned "Righty/Lefty" Political Survey
https://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/88511-7th-gr...
Care to guess which way the questions were skewed? You got it...lefty = nicey, righty = meany.
All you can do is sit your kids down and explain reality. They are smarter than we think.....

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
Why?
Yeah, right. Is that why Rush Limbaugh is so very open to criticism? NOT! lol
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
At the beginning of the Iraq war a convoy of trucks, suspected of carrying WMD's was spotted on satellites moving to Syria. Now we all know Syria has no chemical weapons. They only used them to kill 100,000 of their own citizens. Are you that obtuse?
I'm sorry. I must have missed the confirmation part.

All you have me was the guessing part.

So no, unlike you I'm not obtuse.

Btw, so did they find those Wmd's in Syria? Or did your satellites pick up another convoy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 927,341 - 927,360 of1,078,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 48,839
Amy 7-22 18 min PEllen 13
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 36 min Uncle Samowitz 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Learn to Read 174,443
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,854
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr Roxie Darling 258
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Roxie Darling 4,542
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••