Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1009111 Oct 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio — As a Republican chairman of the House Budget Committee in the 1990s, John R. Kasich wielded a ferocious budget ax. On Monday, as Ohio’s governor, Mr. Kasich defied his party’s majorities in the state legislature to push through a multibillion dollar expansion of Medicaid under President Obama’s health care law
By a 5-2 vote, an obscure committee, the Controlling Board, which normally oversees relatively small adjustments to the state budget, accepted $2.5 billion in extra Medicaid funds from the federal government. The money, recently approved by Medicaid administrators in Washington, will provide coverage for 275,000 Ohioans who have not been eligible for the program, the Kasich administration said.
The vote was an extraordinary — and possibly illegal, critics in Mr. Kasich’s own party said — end run by the governor around the General Assembly. Mr. Kasich, who initially declared himself an opponent of the Affordable Care Act and who has declined to set up a state online health insurance marketplace, has argued all year that his sense of Christian compassion, not to mention cool economic practicality, favored extending Medicaid to poor adults and those with disabilities who do not currently qualify
With Monday’s vote, Ohio became the 25th state plus the District of Columbia to expand Medicaid, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/us/medicaid...
Will Rick Scott be next?
$2.5 billion in federal funds to expand the Ohio state's Medicaid program--so lily who is going to have to continue to pay after O'bama's stash runs out?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1009112 Oct 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that fancy public education didn't teach you how to read graphs. Talk about ignorant--your own link proves my point. Nov 5, 2008:The stock market posted its biggest plunge ever following a presidential election.
If you look at the DJ chart from Oct 1, 2008 thru Dec 31st of 2008, you will see a jump in the couple days leading up to the election & then the slide after the election. But the DJ ave. after the slide was still higher than it was just two weeks prior.

If you smooth out those bumps on the graph, the market leveled out the last two and a half months of 2008.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009113 Oct 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! With Sarah Palin as his running mate!
I am willing to bet you were never, even after a million hits of acid, ever going to be homecoming queen....
Laney F

New York, NY

#1009114 Oct 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Al Bundy would actually make a better president than Obama. He realizes how stupid he is after his plan blows up in his face. Obama doesn't have a clue how stupid he is. Even after the obvious buffoonery that caused the ObamaKare website to crash over and over, he still thinks he's smart. You can't get more stupid than that.
So what was Obama's reaction?

Did he engage in deep reflection and promise to do better? No, he took to the podium along with a handful of hapless people he recruited as PROPS TO PRETEND the rollout is mostly satisfactory.

As Cruz said, Obama's speech was designed to "draw the media's attention to a handful of persons who have applied for Obamacare while ignoring the untold number of Americans who are losing the plans they liked because of Obamacare." Exactly so.

Obama insisted that "the essence of the law -- the health insurance that's available to people -- is working just fine. In some cases, actually, it's exceeding expectations. The prices are lower than we expected; the choice is greater than we expected."

Excuse me, but everyone paying attention knows that is CRAZY TALK.

The prices to consumers are consistently higher -- much higher -- on average and in most places.

The overall cost to the government may be as much as three times greater than he promised when he was hoodwinking the Congressional Budget Office into scoring this monstrosity as revenue-neutral.

Choices greater than expected? Well, I would say they must not have expected much, because choices are demonstrably diminishing. But we know better. He promised to expand our choices.

He acknowledged there have been technical problems with the rollout, but he appears to have downgraded them from minor "glitches" to almost imperceptible "kinks." Give these people credit for semantic ingenuity.

But his misrepresentations only got worse. He said: "So here's the bottom line: The product -- the health insurance -- is good. The prices are good. It is a good deal. People don't just want it; they're showing up to buy it." I won't insult your intelligence by adducing evidence to refute those obvious FABRICATIONS.

And worse still: "Once the kinks in the website have been ironed out, it will be even smoother and even easier." Doesn't the use of the term "even" suggest that it has been smooth and easy so far? Are you kidding me?

Before concluding, LIKE CLOCKWORK, Obama turned his sights on Republicans, whom he accused of playing politics with Obamacare. Nice try, Mr. President, but you are the one playing politics, in a cynical effort to deflect much-earned condemnation for this disaster.

Then Jay Carney, said Obama is "frustrated" with the rollout -- a Clintonesque way of PRETENDING THAT OBAMA IS A MERE OBSERVER AND THUS AVOIDING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, no surprise there--at least Obammy is consistent.

So what are we to do?

Well, if we want any relief from this, we're not going to get it by working with Obama, who is willfully blind to his failures. He and his party keep saying that Republicans are waiting until the last minute and governing by crisis.

Fine, let the GOP begin today and continue every week until the next continuing resolution and budget ceiling debate and pass measure after measure repealing Obamacare and instituting market reforms.

Let it take to the airwaves every day and shine the disinfecting spotlight on this law and Obama's other disastrous fiscal policies.

Seeing as this president is mainly about PROPAGANDA AND PHONY OPTIOCS, we have to answer him effectively and unceasingly.

Moderate Republicans say they won't join in brinkmanship; then how about they join in timely, constructive efforts to undo OBAMA'S MESS and counter his DISTORTIONS?

Isn't it about time?

Chambersburg, PA

#1009115 Oct 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Your own graphs prove that you are an idiot!!!!
Actually they show you to be the idiot. Why was the market basically flat the last two and a half months of 2008
According to you, it should have been this big downhill slide.

Obama has been good for investors n the stock market.

According to you, these investors hated Obama & the mere thought caused the stock market crash.

So two things.

1) Either the investors were morons & wrong about Obama

2) Or you're a GD idiot & the market crash was all about economics & not Obama.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1009116 Oct 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'scrap the current code and start over' You obviously have no fcking clue and are clearly not a programmer.'scrap the current code and start over' probably the dumbest post I have ever read
Now we get it. Homer was in charge of setting up the ObamaCare programming. That explains all the time spent posting while supposedly at work. That explains a lot of things. LOL.

Chambersburg, PA

#1009118 Oct 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
The other side of O'bamacare’s Oregon success: No one has bought private insurance.
The state has enrolled 56,000 in Medicaid--but not a one in private coverage.
"Oregon initially intended to allow people to enroll in its Medicaid program by using the same online website that allows people to sign up for the state’s insurance exchange, Cover Oregon. But, like other exchange websites across the country, Cover Oregon is currently experiencing some technical glitches. State officials say it will be working by the end of the month. Until then, they’re allowing Medicaid enrollees to bypass it with the fast-track system."

Wow there Wretch, There were only Medicaid sign ups on their site because you couldn't sign up for the private insurance at that time,.

More proof you people are dumber than sh*t.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009119 Oct 22, 2013
Finally, some intelligence!

Global Warming!

Carbon and bicycles!

A poster solves Al gores C02 problems...

"Carry a plant with you and make sure you exhale on it. Plants need CO2 to perform photosynthesis and will release oxygen as part of the process. Problem solved"

Anon
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009120 Oct 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it either. Angering allies for confiscating not only these countries' leaders' private information but the private information of their citizens is NOT acceptable. It weakens trust on the global stage when trust between allies is crucial.
We have a president who doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself and his envisioned one-party system. It doesn't matter who or what is destroyed in the process.
In other words, what we have are wolves in sheep clothing who duped this nation and are now duping our allies and the rest of the world.
Hate to say it, but you're just too gullible for your own good.
Dumbass, Obama did not start the spying on France or any other country for that matter, we have been spying on them forever. You are getting worse and worse with all your lies and slander. You really should seek professional help.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009121 Oct 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, here's a brilliant idea. Spend money looking for all the software bombs instead of installing the software as it was intended to be installed.
Perhaps if Obama asked the company he stole the software from to help him out of this disaster he created, your idea might work.
What are the chances of an egomaniac like Obama who thinks he's the smartest person in the world asking the company he stole from because he thought there was no possibility of them being smarter than him to help him out of the stupid mess he created through his own stupidity?
None.
Just install the goddam software as it was intended to be installed, moron.
And, just why would anyone remove copyright information from free software?
That has to be the stupidest thing I've seen since... well, the last time Obama did something incredibly stupid.
This is too dumb to even begin to address.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1009122 Oct 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they show you to be the idiot. Why was the market basically flat the last two and a half months of 2008
According to you, it should have been this big downhill slide.
Obama has been good for investors n the stock market.
According to you, these investors hated Obama & the mere thought caused the stock market crash.
So two things.
1) Either the investors were morons & wrong about Obama
2) Or you're a GD idiot & the market crash was all about economics & not Obama.
What demographics are into investing into equities and which demographic (s) stay clear of the stock market RealDave?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1009123 Oct 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's a fkn moron. Officially, the US told France to go fk a duck, everyone spies.
Lois Lame is posting to who? For why?
The moron would be you, RealDumb.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009124 Oct 22, 2013
Jesus, rightwingers are fcking stupid. Painful.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1009126 Oct 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>

"I will debunk thee" - Homer 2016
We're waiting...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1009127 Oct 22, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> and I guess, I'm supposed to take your claims with a grain of salt like a slug? Like I said, they break their necks to get here & be labeled aan Africa American. Why is that?
You're so flakin dumb, you can't even understand what you read, so who cares how you take anything? Garbage in, garbage out, bigot.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1009129 Oct 22, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the DJ chart from Oct 1, 2008 thru Dec 31st of 2008, you will see a jump in the couple days leading up to the election & then the slide after the election. But the DJ ave. after the slide was still higher than it was just two weeks prior.
If you smooth out those bumps on the graph, the market leveled out the last two and a half months of 2008.
if I get a run in my pantyhose and find some nail polish quickly the run will stop. However if I buy a brand new pair of panty hose there will be no run at all. If there are no pantyhose in the area where I am working there will be a run for the rest of the day, however, if I take off my pantyhose and throw them in the closest trash can there was no run at all. Now about the wrinkles in my skirt...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1009130 Oct 22, 2013
Obama’s agenda was never to put Americans back to work!! The Latest job numbers for Sept, 148 thousand while adding another 136,000 that’s no longer in the Labor Force!! We’re creating Less Jobs today than Three Years ago, waiting to see who Liberals will try to Blame!!

Here’s a quote from the Late Houston Oiler coach ‘ Bum Phillips, to sum up the Obama’s Presidency quote:’ When you start blaming others you know you’ve failed!!” OBAMA!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1009131 Oct 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbass, Obama did not start the spying on France or any other country for that matter, we have been spying on them forever. You are getting worse and worse with all your lies and slander. You really should seek professional help.
What did dumbass Obama do?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1009132 Oct 22, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, here's a brilliant idea. Spend money looking for all the software bombs instead of installing the software as it was intended to be installed.
Perhaps if Obama asked the company he stole the software from to help him out of this disaster he created, your idea might work.
What are the chances of an egomaniac like Obama who thinks he's the smartest person in the world asking the company he stole from because he thought there was no possibility of them being smarter than him to help him out of the stupid mess he created through his own stupidity?
None.
Just install the goddam software as it was intended to be installed, moron.
And, just why would anyone remove copyright information from free software?
That has to be the stupidest thing I've seen since... well, the last time Obama did something incredibly stupid.
I was wrong. Obama doesn't think he's the smartest person in the room. And you're right. He thinks he's the smartest person in the world.

He truly gives the distinct impression of being above it all. He relies on others to make the tough decisions so they can fall on the sword. He doesn't want to be bothered. It's beneath him.

It's even hard for me to believe that's closer to the truth than not. But he has proven time and time again he wants the glory...not the pain. He always has someone else to blame.

This is absolutely true whether those on the left choose to see it or not.

It saddens me more than anything else that they don't.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1009133 Oct 22, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbass, Obama did not start the spying on France or any other country for that matter, we have been spying on them forever. You are getting worse and worse with all your lies and slander. You really should seek professional help.
Forget about that, instead she might be recruited to work for the Obama administration where lies and slander are the ONLY skill set.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min IBdaMann 49,363
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Guru 182,178
Holiday Greetings 1 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 1 hr Negras all 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 5 hr Tim 146
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?