Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1009282 Oct 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
She is trolling again.
Amusing
Remember how the bombs went BOOM! in Boston?

This administration had the names of these terrorists and a clear warning by Russia...of all countries.

But 70.3 million citizens in France were more important.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1009283 Oct 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Loser, it's spelled Aunt Jemima and she doesn't wear a bonnet. Lightly griddled would indicate you're fond of undercooked batter. Fro grease? Just how old are you?(BTW, it's neither/nor or either/or--didn't they teach you that in your Ivy League school?) Did you ever consider those guys that smuggle all the cheap booze to you at Shady Pines may not have your best interests at heart?
You make a really good spell checker and narcissist, but other than that, meh!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1009285 Oct 22, 2013
The world we live in now "Ordo Ab Chao" or "Out of Chaos Comes Order"--which literally means if they break down the existing structure and cause the population to cry out for order, they will emerge as the rulers and will have the world that they seek." CHANGE
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1009286 Oct 22, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Buck Rogers is dead and...
we can smoke pot!
"Slowly Crumbling, NASA Landmarks May Face the Bulldozer"
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/science/spa... ;
Right___yeah yeah yeah.

The Kennedy Space Center is alive and well and open for business but they couldn't save everything. And besides, after The Mousetrap and The Surf closed, nothing else really seemed all that special.

The Titusville Mall is also being bulldozed.

Times change. Quickly! If you call 55 years quickly.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1009287 Oct 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Google a website.
LEFT click the part of the article you want to copy and drag the mouse over that section.
RIGHT click the mouse and hit "copy". Come back to the topix forum and RIGHT click "paste".
Go back to the website and RIGHT click the website address and hit "copy".
Come back to the topix forum and RIGHT click "paste".
You try it.
Oh Goody, I caught Carol in yet another lie. Of course, all she does is come here and lie.

Another Carol line of bullshit DEBUNKED!!

----------

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying/how-it-works

""The NSAís domestic spying program, known in official government documents as the ďPresidentís Surveillance Program,Ē("The Program") was implemented by President George W. Bush shortly after the attacks on September 11, 2001. The US Government still considers the Program officially classified, but a tremendous amount of information has been exposed by various whistleblowers, admitted to by government officials during Congressional hearings and with public statements, and reported on in investigations by major newspaper across the country.

Our NSA Domestic Spying Timeline has a full list of important dates, events, and reports, but we also want to explainóto the extent we understand itóthe full scope of the Program and how the government has implemented it.""

----------

Read it and learn something, liar Carol.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1009288 Oct 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid expansion is a trap...state taxpayers will be left holding the bag when the federal subsidies end...
When is that?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1009289 Oct 22, 2013
Of the 37 Presidents of the United States before Jimmy Carter, at least 18 or 21 (depending on which source you believe) were close relatives. That comes to somewhere between 48.6 percent and 56.7 percent-far to much to be coincidence, as any conspiritologist (or mathematician) would tell you. Of the 224 ancestors in the family tree of 21 Presidents, we find 13 Roosevelt's, 16 Coolidge's, and 14 Tyler's. Another source manages to relate 60 percent of the Presidents and link most of them to the super-rich Astor family. This data does not include genealogies of the five most recent President. Psychologist G. William Domhoff claims that a large part of America's Ruling elite, just like that of Europe, are related by marriage.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#1009290 Oct 22, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing genius. I guess I'm just one of those throwbacks that mentors and promotes black employees of mine, showing them respect for the ones that work hard and are just Americans who value honesty and responsibility.
I know you just don't understand that type of thinking. Most of you prejudicial racists don't.
Too stupid to understand that, your statement alone is racist. What do I need you to mentor &, promote me for? I'm a grownass man, with children of my own in their pre &, early teens. Nothing you can tell me that I haven't experienced myself besides, what it feels like to be old or, white or, whatever race you are. It's indoctrinated in your genes huh! That white is right mentality. There is no right way or, wrong way to do things. There's your way &, my way! If both takes is from point A to point B, that's all that matters. You mentor &, promote your black employees. Guess the white, Mexican, Puerto Rican &, every other nationality didn't need it huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009291 Oct 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
LAME

always...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1009292 Oct 22, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The ACLU reported that between 2009 and 2011 the number of people subjected to telephone wiretapping had doubled or tripled depending on the category. The government conducted more telephone surveillance in those two years than it had in the previous decade. As far as snooping through your email, the ACLU reported that the number of authorizations the Justice Department received to use certain devices to conduct Internet surveillance increased 361% between 2009 and 2011. The ACLU continued:
Earlier this year, the New York Times reported that cellphone carriers received 1.3 million demands for subscriber information in 2011 alone. And an ACLU public records project revealed that police departments around the country large and small engage in cell phone location tracking.
The difference is O'bama is a paranoid freak.
These would have required warrants.

So you are complaining that the government is doing too good of a job?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009293 Oct 22, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The really sad thing here is the fact that you obviously believe you asked an intelligent question. Geez!
Obviously, any worker whose job is connected to emergency response, law enforcement, health, life and safety is essential to the workings of government. Others like someone sitting on the Commission of Fine Arts are hardly "mission essential". What a stupid question.
then why employ them at all???
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009294 Oct 22, 2013
The GOPís narcissism problem

During the government shutdown, Democrats accused Republicans of waging a politically craven effort to undercut Obamacare at the nationís expense.

As it turns out, Republicans agree.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll includes a stunning little tidbit: A majority of Republicans think their partyís congressional members are more interested in doing whatís best for themselves (51 percent) rather than doing whatís best for the country (46 percent).

When you throw in independents who lean toward the GOP, 58 percent say the GOP is more apt to do whatís politically advantageous rather than whatís best for the country.

By contrast, 66 percent of self-identified Democrats say their party is more interested in doing whatís best for the country, versus 32 percent who think itís in it for the wrong reasons.

Now, to some extent, this is about unhappiness with Congress. Americans of both parties donít have much patience for what leaders of both parties have done (or failed to do) in recent weeks, and thatís going to manifest itself in any polling question you ask ó even about leaders of oneís own party.

But more than that, this is about the increasingly significant divide in the governing philosophy of the Republican Party.

The fact that most Republicans see their party as politically self-interested is driven in large part by those in the party who donít support the tea party. Nearly three-quarters (72 percent) of these non-tea party supporters see the GOP looking out for its own interests, first and foremost.

Tea party supporters are less certain on this point, splitting 51 to 45 percent between seeing political motivations and whatís good for the country.

In other words, a large swath of the GOP sees the party waging political battles that are not in the interest of the nation but instead aimed at political goals.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1009295 Oct 22, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Too stupid to understand that, your statement alone is racist. What do I need you to mentor &, promote me for? I'm a grownass man, with children of my own in their pre &, early teens. Nothing you can tell me that I haven't experienced myself besides, what it feels like to be old or, white or, whatever race you are. It's indoctrinated in your genes huh! That white is right mentality. There is no right way or, wrong way to do things. There's your way &, my way! If both takes is from point A to point B, that's all that matters. You mentor &, promote your black employees. Guess the white, Mexican, Puerto Rican &, every other nationality didn't need it huh?
Is it Racist what the Mexican gang members are doing to Blacks in compton killing them because they are black and they dont want them in their hood

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1009296 Oct 22, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayberry RFD was way ahead of its time.
xD

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1009297 Oct 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But France is still considered an ally. The only thing Realtime is right about is spying does occur in every country.
But we've breached the trust of our allies in France, the UK and Germany.
And there's good reason. It can't be denied as commonplace. Because it isn't.
Really???

How come Bush and Cheney never considered 'Old Europe' to be our allies??

After all, Germany and france criticized Bush's invasion of Iraq, after which, th eRepugnants renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries!!

Are you so stupid you do't remember how France was vilified by the Bush Admin??

----------

""French see Bush as the ugly American
By Vivienne Walt, USA TODAY
PARIS ó In France's popular television satire, Les Guignols d'Info (The News Puppets), a Sylvester Stallone puppet struts on screen nightly, threatening to shoot 'em up against the Iraqis. French viewers clutching their sides in laughter understand who the show is lampooning: George W. Bush.

The disdain for Bush among many French people ó exacerbated by the U.S. administration's aggressive push for a war in Iraq ó is just one of several factors tearing the two allies apart. But it is the most visible. The view here and across parts of Europe is that the U.S. president's style and policies embody all that is brash, crass and impolitic about America. One reason the level of frustration may have reached a new high is many here feel there is little they or their leaders can do against America's overwhelming power.(Related item: Many Europeans oppose war in Iraq)

The shift in attitude is dramatic since Sept. 11, 2001, when French regularly stopped Americans in Paris to express their solidarity. France's Liberation newspaper published a poll 10 days later showing 73% of the French public believed their country should participate in any military action by U.S. forces in response to the attacks. On Sept. 12, 2001, the front page of France's largest newspaper Le Monde declared, "We are all Americans."

But they will be all French on Saturday, when thousands are expected to gather here as part of worldwide protests against a war in Iraq. A poll last week by the firm IFOP found that 77% of French adults oppose a war in Iraq, even if the U.N. Security Council gives its endorsement. And 81% said they didn't believe U.S. arguments that Saddam Hussein has been developing weapons of mass destruction in defiance of U.N. resolutions. Polls in Germany and several other European countries have shown similar opposition to the U.S. push to disarm Iraq by force.""

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/200...

----------

You're a filthy liar, nothing less.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1009298 Oct 22, 2013
The New England Historic Genealogical Society released their genealogy report Tuesday after tracing the family trees of the top three presidential candidates.

Sen. Barack Obama, the daughter of a white woman from Kansas and a black man from Kenya, is related to several presidents across both party lines.

Obama's distant presidential cousins include President George W. Bush and his father, George H.W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Lyndon Johnson, Harry S. Truman and James Madison.

Obama is related to other politicians, such as Vice President Dick Cheney, British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill and Civil War General Robert E. Lee.

Sen. Hillary Clinton, who is of French-Canadian descent on her mother's side, is related to singers Madonna, Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. Clinton's other relatives include author Jack Kerouac and Camilla Parker-Bowles, the wife of Prince Charles of England.

Ironically, Obama is related to Brad Pitt, while rival Clinton is related to Pitt's girlfriend Angelina Jolie. Obama and Pitt are ninth cousins, linked by Edwin Hickman, who died in Virginia in 1769. Clinton and Jolie are also ninth cousins, twice removed, both related to Jean Cusson who died in St. Sulpice, Quebec, in 1718.

Obama and President Bush are 10th cousins, once removed, linked by Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662.

Sen. John McCain's ancestry was more difficult to trace because records on his relatives were not as complete as the records for the families of Obama and Clinton, said genealogist Christopher Child. However, it was determined that McCain is the sixth cousin of First Lady Laura Bush.

Founded in 1845, the New England Historic Genealogical Society is the oldest and largest nonprofit genealogical organization in the country.

Its funny obama supporters always use racism to defend the President but his family tree says he doesnt need Black people to defend him they are not even in his American Family tree and for sure sure not in his Kenyan Family RACISM lololololhahahahaha YOU ARE NOT OBAMA GET OVER YOURSELF YOU DONT SHARE HIS HISTORY
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1009299 Oct 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember how the bombs went BOOM! in Boston?
This administration had the names of these terrorists and a clear warning by Russia...of all countries.
But 70.3 million citizens in France were more important.
Did we ever learn precisely who it was that that learned that the older Tsarnaev brother was risky business? NSA? FBI? CIA? Valerie Jarrett?

Remember how disappointed we all were upon learning that a female FBI agent had filed numerous reports about some of the 911 terrorists unusual flight school activities__and her superior wasn't at all interested? Coleen Rowley? She testified before congress and the 911 commission? Remember?

BTW the Tsarnaev's Orlando friend who was killed by the FBI recently had a roommate who was deported last week.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1009300 Oct 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! She really lives in an insular world...
Can you admit that Chicago has one of the most, if not THE most, corrupt political systems in the country?

And if you can admit that, can you also admit that some prominent Chicagoans moved to Capital Hill with Barack Obama including Michelle Obama, David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett, Rahm Emmanuel and William Daley - five of the elite inner circle?

http://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/obamas-...

Because, if not, you're perspective is shot.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1009301 Oct 22, 2013
Obama's distant cousin, Gabriel Duvall, was a member of the US House of Representatives, from the second district of Maryland. In 1811, he was appointed to the Supreme Court, where he sat until 1834. He was also a friend of Thomas Jefferson and the owner of 37 slaves.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1009302 Oct 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kinda like Republican Governors who made sure poor folks wouldn't get healthcare insurance?
sure kinda like O'bama and O'bamacare TAX make sure even more poor and middle class people will be unable to get health insurance. But for sure O'bama will TAX them. Now to this: ObamaCare websites: each person browsing
the site has to fill out all his income and health data and have it
cross checked with Immigration, Social Security, Homeland Security, the IRS, and penal systems before he can see what is 'the offer of insurance'. Honestly--why does O'bama and his democrats need this information?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Cut n Paste 52,227
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Jacques Ottawa 185,808
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,288
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 71,697
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Real Talk 51,845
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,143
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,804
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]