Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LAST DAYS

Lillington, NC

#1008907 Oct 21, 2013

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1008908 Oct 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather get a decent night's sleep.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/...
A good night's sleep helps to clean out Alzheimer detritus. Seriously.

After a 10 hour snooze, I have to blow my nose for 5 minutes.

Just kidding, of course, but the clean-out story is true.

The article is great news considering how we are living longer than ever before and therefore exposed to more diseases connected with advanced age.

Lapeer, MI

#1008909 Oct 21, 2013
you speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
from experience?
Your racist crap is sick.
Thanks for keeping your face in my sick crap, dood.

Makes me warm all over:)

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008910 Oct 21, 2013
Wussy Conservatives and if you play the same way every time the outcome will always be the same...

for example:

“Because I never quit. I’ve got a bunch of flags on my boat, but there ain’t no white flags. I don’t surrender. That’s the story of my life.”

When he competed in a frekkin yacht race in which storms killed 19 people...

He did not quit...

who was he?

Ted Turner...

http://www.evancarmichael.com/Famous-Entrepre...

Lapeer, MI

#1008912 Oct 21, 2013
president traygone wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Anthony "weiner" Weiner pretty handy with the internet? Maybe he could help, I hear he's looking for "work".
Hell, just send the in the guy who invented the internet: Little Alvin Gore.
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#1008914 Oct 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of chimps, what's shakin convict?
What up Cracka Jack? It's been a long time. Sometimes you force me to ignore your ignorance. It's not me, I'm auto programmed to tune out bullshit but, otherwise life's been good. What shaking in your neck of the woods ( literally )?

Location hidden

#1008915 Oct 21, 2013
Obamacare, Conservatives, never surrender, and don't be another Netscape...

"SOFTWARE HARDBALL MICROSOFT IS SPENDING BILLIONS TO CRUSH NETSCAPE AND CONTROL THE INTERNET. BILL'S REAL AIM: ENSURING RAMPANT GROWTH INTO THE NEXT CENTURY"

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortun...

Location hidden

#1008916 Oct 21, 2013
good night all...
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#1008917 Oct 21, 2013
president traygone wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't understand the part where the republicans are trying hard to keep the dems, led by asswipe Oblama, from destroying and bankrupting this country.
I believe it was the pathological petty tyrant Ostupida who said "there will be no compromise".
Do you really think the Greeks, the Spaniards, the Irish, the Zimbabweans are laughing at us?
This country is pre destined to bankrupt it's self every 70years. So the history, 70 years prior to 01, this country went bankrupt with the stock market crash. 70years prior, Civil war. 70years prior, trust me , it was a war &, bankruptcy. Obama can't do what already happened under the watchful eyes of Bush 43. America is the antiChrist some about in the bible!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008918 Oct 21, 2013
A tea party exit would be a blessing for GOP
By David Frum, CNN Contributor

"Right now, tea party extremism contaminates the whole Republican brand. It's a very interesting question whether a tea party bolt from the GOP might not just liberate the party to slide back to the political center -- and liberate Republicans from identification with the Sarah Palins and the Ted Cruzes who have done so much harm to their hopes over the past three election cycles.

It's worth repeating over and over again. Add Todd Akin in Missouri and Richard Mourdock in Indiana, Sharron Angle in Nevada and Ken Buck in Colorado, Christine O'Donnell in Delaware and Joe Miller in Alaska -- and you have half a dozen Senate races lost to the GOP by extremist nominations."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/14/opinion/fru...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1008919 Oct 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Poor furloughed federal employees in Oregon...
not one, but two paychecks!!!!
"Some federal workers who were furloughed in Oregon could be getting paid twice, with a state official confirming to Fox News that those workers who received state unemployment benefits during the partial government shutdown will not have to re-pay the money"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/18/fu...
those poor federal workers in Illinois have to pay theirs back. I can't believe these overpaid federal workers couldn't make it 16 days.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-m...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1008920 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
A tea party exit would be a blessing for GOP
By David Frum, CNN Contributor
"Right now, tea party extremism contaminates the whole Republican brand. It's a very interesting question whether a tea party bolt from the GOP might not just liberate the party to slide back to the political center -- and liberate Republicans from identification with the Sarah Palins and the Ted Cruzes who have done so much harm to their hopes over the past three election cycles.
It's worth repeating over and over again. Add Todd Akin in Missouri and Richard Mourdock in Indiana, Sharron Angle in Nevada and Ken Buck in Colorado, Christine O'Donnell in Delaware and Joe Miller in Alaska -- and you have half a dozen Senate races lost to the GOP by extremist nominations."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/14/opinion/fru...
Republicans in name only like Boehner and McConnell have been infighting with true conservatives for decades. The present day RINOs anger and frustration with the Tea Party is nothing new.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1008921 Oct 21, 2013
Carlo Key, a Republican judge in Bexar County, Texas, announced Monday in a campaign ad that he was leaving the Republican party and will run for re-election as a Democrat.

"I cannot tolerate a political party that demeans Texans based on their sexual orientation, the color of their skin or their economic status," Key says in the ad.

Key attributes his switch to a fractured and transforming Republican party.

"For too long, the Republican party has been at war with itself. Rational Republican beliefs have given way to ideological character assassination," he says. "Pragmatism and principle have been overtaken by pettiness and bigotry."

Key also criticizes federal Republicans for shutting down the government in an effort to defund the health care law.

"I cannot place my name on the ballot of the political party that is proud to destroy the lives of hundreds of thousands of federal workers over the vain attempt to repeal a law that would provide health care for millions of people throughout our country," he says in the ad.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/local-t...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008922 Oct 21, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Can we please get some more airhead Liberals on here to apologize for the another Magic Negro Moment?
I want to laugh tonite:)
I apologize you have to live in America and bear it son.

Therefore, I release you of your bond.

Feel free to leave as soon as possible, if not sooner!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1008923 Oct 21, 2013
BLACK RACIST wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/bla ck-mob-pounces-on-young-white- couple/
If the chimps had any sense at all they would be beating down the belligerent aliens instead of the legal citizens. When the State runs out of people to tax they'll be sorry ass bastards.

A Brave New World scenario doesn't look so bad now, compared to what Obama's minions have planned for us.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008924 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Romney's energy plan to turn energy development on federal public lands over to the states? If he had been elected, there would already be uranium mines in the Grand Canyon, strip coal mining in Bryce Canyon, oil and gas drilling in Arches National Park, oil rigs in Theodore Roosevelt National Park and natural gas wells in the Grand Tetons.
When Obama banned uranium mining on public lands surrounding the Grand Canyon, John McCain called it a “blow to job creation”.
The GOP platform last year explicitly questioned whether public lands “could be better used for ranching, mining, or forestry through private ownership.”
Such hypocrites.
I do recall that Romney plan.

I have to say, those people put the dollar first, themselves second, and that's where the list ends.

Fracking is a good example of a new technology gone wild, unregulated and unrestrained.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008925 Oct 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! You are the new "chimp", aunt jemimah!!!
Care for wolfie marrow son? It's boiled nicely into a gelatinous blob of yellow.... well... "stuff."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008926 Oct 21, 2013
lol! Awwww... lookie here!

This is what no surprize means when he says he doesn't care!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/14/veteran...

The hijackers not only took over America, but they also took over the Veteran's mall!

What a bunch of radical, self serving, hypocritical, hijacking terrorists they are !!!!

The true face of the radical reich wing!

"Veterans group angry that tea party activists hijacked their memorial protest
By Travis Gettys
Monday, October 14, 2013 15:11 EDT
Larry Klayman
Topics: facebook &#9830; protest organizers &#9830; Tea party activists

Organizers of a veterans march on Washington, D.C., distanced themselves from right-wing political figures who tried to take over the demonstration.

Tea party activists and Republican lawmakers led a protest Sunday to tear down barriers set up at the World War II Memorial during the House Republican-engineered shutdown of the federal government.

But organizers of the Million Veterans March on the Memorials released an official statement Monday on the group’s Facebook page to say they hadn’t invited the political figures.

“The political agenda put forth by a local organizer in Washington DC (Sunday) was not in alignment with our message,” organizers said.“We feel disheartened that some would seek to hijack the narrative for political gain.”

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and other conservative activists joined the demonstration, which was intended to protest the closure of the memorials and the use of veterans as political pawns in the ongoing congressional budget impasse.

Thousands of people converged on the National Mall, some waving Confederate flags and others calling for nonviolent revolution, although the protest’s organizers said their focus was entirely on the closure of the military memorials...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008927 Oct 21, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans in name only like Boehner and McConnell have been infighting with true conservatives for decades. The present day RINOs anger and frustration with the Tea Party is nothing new.
Funny how McConnell and Reid resolved the government shut down cast upon the American people by the radical, crazy reich wingers like Cruz!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008928 Oct 21, 2013
Gee whiz... the reich wingers should be begging for this to happen in the US!

The can put it under the heading of "energy freedom" or "energy self sufficiency"!

Or my preferred option... have them move there!

"Super smog hits north China city; flights canceled

By Louise Watt

Associated Press

POSTED: 05:53 p.m. HST, Oct 21, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 06:13 p.m. HST, Oct 21, 2013

BEIJING >> Visibility shrank to less than half a football field and small-particle pollution soared to a record 40 times higher than an international safety standard in one northern Chinese city as the region entered its high-smog season.

The manager for U.S. jazz singer Patti Austin, meanwhile, said the singer had canceled a concert in Beijing because of an asthma attack likely linked to pollution.

Winter typically brings the worst air pollution to northern China because of a combination of weather conditions and an increase in the burning of coal for homes and municipal heating systems, which usually starts on a specific date. For the large northern city of Harbin, the city's heating systems kicked in on Sunday, and on Monday visibility there was less than 50 meters (yards), according to state media.

"I couldn't see anything outside the window of my apartment, and I thought it was snowing," Wu Kai, 33, a housewife and mother of a baby boy, said in a telephone interview from Harbin. "Then I realized it wasn't snow. I have not seen the sun for a long time."

She said her husband went to work in a mask, that he could barely see a few meters (yards) ahead of him and that his usual bus had stopped running.

"It's scary, too dangerous. How could people drive or walk on such a day?"

The density of fine particulate matter, PM2.5, used as an indicator of air quality was well above 600 micrograms per cubic meter -- including several readings of exactly 1,000 -- for several monitoring stations in Harbin, according to figures posted on the website of China's environmental protection agency. They were the first known readings of 1,000 since China began releasing figures on PM2.5 in January 2012, and it was not immediately clear if the devices used for monitoring could give readings higher than that.

A safe level under WHO guidelines is 25 micrograms per cubic meter.

Primary and middle schools and some highways were closed, said authorities in the city, which is in China's northernmost province bordering Russia. At least 40 flights to destinations in southern China and Beijing among others were canceled or postponed at Harbin's Taiping International Airport on Monday morning.

Austin's management team said the 63-year-old singer had been treated in a hospital Friday morning for an asthma attack in combination with a respiratory infection. She returned to her hotel later Friday to rest, but was unable to perform at her Beijing concert scheduled for Friday evening. Her Saturday night concert in Shanghai went ahead.

Her manager, Barry Orms, said Monday that Austin, as an asthma sufferer, would have been "affected by the amount of pollution." He said that it wasn't their goal to place blame, and that "Patti has expressed our belief that the Chinese government can be a leader in this very important issue."

On the morning ahead of her concert Friday, Beijing's air was visibly polluted, with the city's environmental monitoring center warning children, the elderly and those with respiratory illnesses to reduce outdoor activity.

China's major cities have some of the world's worst smog. The government was long indifferent to the environment as it pursued economic development, but has begun launching some anti-pollution initiatives after mounting public frustration.

Last month, China's Cabinet released an action plan that aims to make a small reduction in the country's heavy reliance on coal to below 65 percent of total energy usage by 2017. According to Chinese government statistics, coal consumption accounted for 68.4 percent of total energy use in 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min Zap Brannigan 98,198
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min Mandela 68,465
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,347
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 2 hr SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,575
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr what a loser 4,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••