Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1660679 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1009787 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt cannot help that you lack the reading discrimination to note that Galt was talking about the campaign advisors and not about the candidate himself.
After all, galt only helps galt.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009788 Oct 23, 2013
TSM wrote:
We’ve spent $3.7 Trillion on Welfare over the Last 5 years!!
President Jimmy Carter was right on when he stated, "The welfare system is anti-work, anti-family, and inequitable in its treatment of the poor and wasteful for the taxpayers!!
Obama’s New Job Program ’We’re move you from Work to Welfare’ it’s the Liberal thing to Do!!
All a direct result of the Bush years and the 2008 economic collapse, the Bush legacy continues...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1009789 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard on TV this morning that the healthcare.gov website is being changed so that people will be able to get quotes before they enter their information. If that is true, it should make things go faster. Right now, the system is verifying eligibility for millions of lookie loos who have absolutely no intention of signing up. I have to say that was a major flaw with the program.
How can you get a quote beforre you enter any information, dumbass?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009790 Oct 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's bent over backwards for the Republicans, they just don't give a sh#t. Carol has been spewing her same lie since Inauguration Day.
kind of funny watching the FOXbots living the lie.

well, maybe more than kind of.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009791 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Obviously popular. Every Democrat in Congress is standing in line waiting to sign up for ObamaKare.
They, like Homer don't need so why wait in line to sign up?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009792 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt cannot help that you lack the reading discrimination to note that Galt was talking about the campaign advisors and not about the candidate himself.
so you loved Mitt?

RINO.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009793 Oct 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Desmoines Register, Voss and his wife are paying $100 per month more now than for their previous policy cost of $1,300 per month but now have a premium plan with lower deductibles and no holes in the coverage. The two qualify for a $500 subsidy.
if this clown had a job, all this would be academic....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1009794 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Galt is a moron.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1009795 Oct 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not the FOXbot planet.
His mental capability to reason seems to be shutdown.

NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1009797 Oct 23, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
The intellect of a Jr. High School dropout:
<quoted text>
You're a republican! What more needs to be said? Unlike you, I've never lied or, hid my part. Yea, I dropped out ( really expelled) in the 9th grade. Went back & got my certificate &, moved on in life. If that's all you have, you may as well stop now. You're only gonna piss yourself off, seeing you can't piss me off. Fact is, I could make it in your world, no problem. You could never make it in my world.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1009798 Oct 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You're back! Praise Jesus! Flack said you were banned, but he's always wrong.
Tea baggers were spewing so many lies, slander, and personal attacks yesterday, Homer was looking for dem to put them in their place.
Homer likes young black boys who talk dirty to him....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1009799 Oct 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And yet, so factual.
I know, I know son... you hate facts!
Speaking fo facts....

The United States loses all credibility throughout the entire world. Nobody in the world believes a word that comes out of Obama's mouth. The press corps in the White House openly laughs at Jay Carney. The United States has no credibility in Europe. The United States has no credibility in the Arab world. The United States has no credibility in Asia.
In other news, the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda expressed confidence in the continued presidency of Bary Soetoro. They say they are comfortable with the Muslim Brotherhood making policy decisions in the Department of Homeland Security, and the US Armed Forces training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1009800 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you people are always trying to accuse every liberal of being poor. I've come to the conclusion that you are so insecure about being a loser you must project yourself onto others to bolster your self-image.
Using that logic, liberals are 'insecure losers' because they accuse every Tea Party member of racism. Got it. Thanks.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1009801 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the text from the sources you clowns post here.
Ask what's-her-name-today, that fraud pretending to be a native American. She's the one that actually proved ObamaKare is a medieval Machiavellian blueprint to regress back to the Middle Ages and transform the United States into a dictatorship ruling over peasant serfs bound to the land.
Your cover was just too perfect. The motorcycle jacket, hint of military, some religious stuff but not too much to turn off any of the sheep, the war you were going to start, the phony tough guy stuff, gun stories; a little of everything a loony far right winger could identify with. The phony tough guy thing is what gave you away, that was the hardest to fake. Naming your boxing coach (something your sheep could Google) and some of your comments were too contrived.
You are either a paid shill for a wealthy right wing organization or a very disturbed person living a made up fantasy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1009802 Oct 23, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All a direct result of the Bush years and the 2008 economic collapse, the Bush legacy continues...
Would you be referring to the economic collapse caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009803 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard on TV this morning that the healthcare.gov website is being changed so that people will be able to get quotes before they enter their information. If that is true, it should make things go faster. Right now, the system is verifying eligibility for millions of lookie loos who have absolutely no intention of signing up. I have to say that was a major flaw with the program.
the tech sites posit that it's got a lot to do with old PCs, and the same not being networked properly.

an ongoing problem for more than a few years it seems. but just think if Obama had asked for money for new computers.....you'd have tea party lackeys telling us they've been using the same PC for years now. in which we would reply...duh!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1009804 Oct 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Food stamps for sale (for cash) on Craigslist and Ebay....
Oh well. Since food stamps are no longer redeemable, they have become novelty items much like WWII gas rationing stamp. It's not costing the tax payer anything so you should be happy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1009805 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
His mental capability to reason seems to be shutdown.
seems to be much more than a 'slimdown'.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1009806 Oct 23, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're ignorant of how things work in federal contracts procurement, so I'll explain this to you again.
Contracts do not specify who works on that contract.
The Obama administration specified who worked on that contract.
It was someone who Obama named to:
1) Plan to steal the software they were being paid to write;
2) Select the programmers who would attempt to destroy evidence of the software being stolen;
3) Approved the stolen software as being the deliverable software the contract paid to be written (and not stolen); and
4) Is responsible for the disaster the Healthcare.gov website is.
Can't you clowns come up with something besides "it's Bush's fault" just once?
Obviously, Obama being president caused this disaster.
FACT: Bush vetted CGI.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1009807 Oct 23, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, yes. When Bush awarded CGI and 15 others the $4 billion "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" (IDIQ) contract for upgrading Medicare and Medicaid's systems it was a multi-year contract. IDIQs are specifically intended to streamline the bidding process by PRE-QUALIFYING those who can bid on government jobs during the contract period. "The advantage of an ID/IQ contract is that it can be expanded almost indefinitely without the government having to solicit new bids for additional work." Of course, it also kills the competitive bidding system.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/15/hhs-denies-...
Here, you can access all the contracts awarded to CGI under the 2007 IDIQ.
http://www.hhs.gov/about/smallbusiness/smallb...
"The advantage of an ID/IQ contract is that it can be expanded almost indefinitely without the government having to solicit new bids for additional work"

who expanded it to include healthcare.gov ?

you're really stretching to make this bushes fault. No one else in the world is this stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr NAME 64,317
Who was the bouncer they called "Tubby" in the ... 1 hr PUFFBOY-baloney 3
This caused the GREAT D. J. TRUMP 2 hr Alinsky-s PUPPYboy 1
Did I near there wasn't a dry run 2 hr Dee Real 1
Trump is a jinx President 2 hr Rich Taxbreak 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,681
Trump is A 3 hr Sick individual 203

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages