Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375610 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008796 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it isn't $24 billion "spent on the debt ceiling fiasco". It's $24 billion "out of the U.S. economy." Big difference.
Two bad you are not smart enough to learn how to use a search engine.
Hereís a breakdown of some of the economic cost according to TIME:
About $3.1 billion in lost government services, according to the research firm IHS
$152 million PER DAY in lost travel spending, according to the U.S. Travel Association
$76 million PER DAY lost because of National Parks being shut down, according to the National Park Service
$217 million PER DAY in lost federal and contractor wages in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area alone
Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/17/heres-wh...
if those agencies were under the tutelage of a Republican President would you believe that data?

I don't think you would...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1008797 Oct 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen some rumblings about the FED and QE4--1 trillion a month...now about that bubble?
Shhhhhhhh.....

The useless libtards here don't know about that from their Ministry of propaganda news outlets. They don't want their kids to know.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1008798 Oct 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
2008 Defeated McCain
2012 Defeated Romney
Follow the conversation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008799 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a matter of having money to move; It is a matter of not having enough money to stay.
Most who have left California have left to find work...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1008800 Oct 21, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea think it might have had more to do with you being GAY? Or perhaps that WHITE POWER shirt you were wearing bigot?
Not at all. Just my white skin and fat wallet.

Drives 'em violently nuts.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008801 Oct 21, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which welfare programs do you receive
When did you stop beating your boyfriend?

Lapeer, MI

#1008802 Oct 21, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking from experience I see.
You see? Someone pulled the condom over your eyes again...I see:>

I am not a Liberal, dood.

Lapeer, MI

#1008803 Oct 21, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
To all my real fellow Americans, which would consist of all on the left and in the middle keep up the good fight against ignorance and the sheep afflicted on the right. The lowlifes that continually use abortion, Gays, religion, bigotry and fear as their motives to gain power and control.
There are some very smart and informative lefties on here, I learned right away that wasting my time and energy on them with the facts was a total waste so I assume their level it doesn't prove anything but it makes me feel better. It's the only real way to communicate when you are dealing with their programmed ignorance that is imbedded into their very fiber. So long for a while...Oh yea all of you idiots on the right "Kiss my AZZ".
Get off of your knees, stand up, put your teeth back in and act normal. Vice squad's comin'.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008804 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Obama would be flattered that you believe he is capable of writing a software program but calling him a thief because the company that was hired to set up Obamacare.gov didn't keep the copyright notices for DataTables in THEIR software program is just insane.
Note: DataTables was developed by SpryMedia and is a FREE program. There is no need to steal it.
"DataTables is free, open source software that you can download and use for whatever purpose you wish, on any and as many sites you want. It is free for you to use! DataTables is available under two licenses: GPL v2 license or a BSD (3-point) license, with which you must comply (to do this, basically keep the copyright notices in the software)."
so, Obama violated the licenses...

Lapeer, MI

#1008805 Oct 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiningerection thinks you don't pay taxes under Republican administrations. They just pass unfunded legislation.
When was the last time Republicans passed a bill that was actually funded?
"Shiningerection thinks you don't pay taxes under Republican administrations." is a lie.

Hee, Hee. You must be a Liberal:]

Lapeer, MI

#1008806 Oct 21, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Each time you leave this thread the IQ average soars!
Grey Ghost is what you would call a "drag".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1008807 Oct 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just woke up from a coma. I hope they never let Edward Snowden back into this country, they should put his father in prison as well.
Now he claims he didn't defect; didn't give files to the Chinese or the Russians! What is he doing there? Looking for a Svetlana to bring back here? As if we don't have enough Russians whores roaming around scamming people.
"silly"
Have to agree with you, snowden is a traitor. He discovered information damning to the administration of the boy president nobama but he used the long method to expose the illegal activities. He should have went thru channels.
O hope he does return to the US so he can be tried as the traitor he is.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1008808 Oct 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you stop clinging to Liberal polls and references and use common sense?
Start with clinging to FREEDOM and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

tea party common sense?

Shutdown supporters have told themselves that even if the odds proved insurmountable, this battle had to be fought on principle. Something positive has come out of this: psychological satisfaction in doing the right thing, which will translate into greater resolve in the future.

But is anyone who is psychologically satisfied by actions that in fact cost taxpayers additional money, and that are counterproductive in the public arena, really an opponent of big government? A feeling of courageous satisfaction here is perverse: it subverts the principle itís supposed to support.

Imagine what the Tea Party would accomplish if this incident became paradigmatic: government would grow, anti-government sentiment would be discredited, and the people responsible for both would continue to applaud themselves as the only true champions of limited-government principle.

The self-defeating emotionalism of Ted Cruzís admirers wonít allow them to think through this problem. Instead they present themselves with a false dilemma between Cruzís counterproductive incompetence and RINO liberalism. That there could be a more intelligent strategy for limited government than merely doing what feels good never occurs to themóitís too painful to contemplate.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/how-th...

emotionalism is not the way to run a government.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1008809 Oct 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
if those agencies were under the tutelage of a Republican President would you believe that data?
No other president Republican or democrat shut down the National Parks--only the liberal loon O'bama. The government shut down under Clinton for 21 days--no one said a word how much it cost anyone, must be because Clinton was the first black president huh?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008810 Oct 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that wouldn't be the same is the revenue generated by the National Parks... Republicans would have shut them down years ago.

Location hidden

#1008811 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see your response until after I posted mine. Doesn't hurt to have more than one person point out the obvious. They are not too bright.
You ever read "The Bell Curve"?

Lapeer, MI

#1008812 Oct 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Study: 15 percent of American youth out of school, work.
Almost 6 million of the nations youth are idle, that's about 15% of those aged 16 to 24.
"Lies, Damned Lies and statistics.."

---- Samuel Clemens

Don't worry about those 15%. They are gainfully employed selling drugs, women and weapons on the streets of America's Urban Reservations.

The IRS just doesn't know and the Magic Negro doesn't want them to.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1008813 Oct 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, Obama violated the licenses...
LOL 1680 said it-it must be true! ROTFLMAO.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1008814 Oct 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
so.
it cost the economy 24 billion dollars!!
It hurt hard working small business owners.
It hurt waitresses in restaurants.
Why?
Just to get their names on the news & fire up their dumbass base - like you.
But lets spend a million or so on investigating glitches in a website instead of investigating the deliberate harm to our economy by a bunch of Congressmen & Senators that are supposed to be for America - not conspire to do it harm.
Who cares what a moocher like you thinks? you just want your obamacare money.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008815 Oct 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

$217 million PER DAY in lost federal and contractor wages in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area alone
a good thing...

how is saving non-productive spending a loss???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 min Carol 52
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques Orleans 213,275
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Patriot AKA Bozo 58,887
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min USS LIBERTY 70,492
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 8,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr In Summation 101,762
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 1,978
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages