Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
926,401 - 926,420 of 1,100,210 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008018 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is completely illogical is your statement. The reason people don't have a family doctor is precisely because they don't have insurance and can't afford to see a doctor on a regular basis. Providing them with insurance, they will be able to see a doctor, take advantage of preventative medicine, quit relying on the emergency room for care after their condition has worsened and reduce medical costs across the board.
Serious dude, using the moniker of John Galt is an oxymoron in your case
But then again, I'm assuming you know who John Galt is and where he's at. I very much doubt you are that well versed in literature
the vast majority of healthy people who have insurance do not see a doctor on a regular basis....

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1008019 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire family is a tribe of confused exploiters.
Barack isn't the only D.C employee who's lying about who he really is. The Ft. Hood incident is just a baby step.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008020 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you like the idea of financing a nuclear Pakistan???
You don't seem to have any problem financing a nuclear Israel.

Location hidden

#1008021 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, ma'am:]
S'ok, it was only a temporary, intermittent "little death". ;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008022 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's old timer talk__back when Caddie's were spayshul. Today they're pretty decent cars compared to most Japanese competitive products and all American made competitors. Still, I don't want one__nor do I want anymore Honda vehicles.
The Ford Edge is a sweet SUV and far more useful than the Honda/Acura entries. For smallish, they're all pretty good__the little Mazda 3 looks like fun though.
Galt believes in resource conservation and fuel economy and has no need for anything larger than a compact car...

in California, virtually all "luxury" cars are foreign made....Cadillac and Lincoln do not even register in the marketplace...a successful physician or attorney would be embarrassed to drive either, except perhaps as an SUV...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1008023 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> CBO said ten years & expected that to continue beyond that point.
No one ever said the ACA would insure everyone. The CBO estimated a similar number when they looked over the ACA before it was passed. The idea you & Flack ac like this is something new just verifies you two dipsticks are uninformed jackasses.
"...quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against the ACA." - dumbass dave

you see, in dumbass dave's world you need to quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against his messiah's ACA, but it's perfectly ok to parade a number 10 years in the future to prop it up.

Location hidden

#1008024 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the vast majority of healthy people who have insurance do not see a doctor on a regular basis....
That may be true of men but not women. They are pretty committed to annual check-ups for themselves and their children.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1008025 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
depends what you mean by "conservative"...
if you mean favoring lower taxes, less government spending, and a balanced budget, the vast majority of Republicans are Conservatives....
if you mean anti-abortion, home-schooling, religious wackos....they are a minority in the Republican Party....
"John Galt"
I guess I am a wacko!!
I am anti abortion/murder, I do go to church. Did not home school but did send my kids to parochial schools. I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms, I am for lower taxes and reduced government spending. I still work, not because I need to but because I want to. I would like to see a pull back of American troops from over seas and that some of them be deployed on our southern border to keep out the illegals. I can not understand why anyone supports nopbamakare, a government program, that may force someone to buy a product they may not want or need.
Peace

Location hidden

#1008026 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"While expanding access is generally a good thing, we need to make sure we're not watering down the experience for the high achievers,"..says it all.
This has been a problem ever since Affirmative Action came into play. It is rotting the core of academia.
The next thing you know we'll have Obama telling NASA to accept those advanced placement failures as employees.

http://www.livescience.com/14144-parenting-ti...

Kids should be praised for what they "can" do, not pushed into a situation they can't function in and are certain to fail at.(I know, "don't end it with a preposition".) I refuse to feel guilty for not wanting someone with an IQ of 75 to give me an eye exam or audit my taxes. I suppose feelings of entitlement would cancel out the feelings of embarrassment at failing IF these liberal professors didn't give them a passing grade for below average work. I've seen it happen, passing a student who never bought the textbook OR even took a test the whole spring term, and that was just an accounting class. These people getting degrees they didn't really earn are getting hired for jobs they can't do proficiently.

It's no big surprise to me when I see Obama place appointees in charge of departments that they have absolutely no experience or education in.(Yep, there's another one of those naughty prepositions.) I call it "literary license". ;)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1008027 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
is that you or the pisswater talking
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/15/soc...
That's was your buttboy did__use google and pick out the highest avg price. What's the date of that piece?

You mutts are so predictable__and where Galt actually lives in Pennsylvania, the avg price is but $3.33.

Temecula is not even in LA County__why not just pick out some remote burg in Alaska like fred/Paul used to do.

Liars=loooosers!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008028 Oct 20, 2013
Here is a really bad idea from GM, another good reason to stay away...

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/ne...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008029 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop Coddling the Super-Rich
By WARREN E. BUFFETT
Published: August 14, 2011
OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.
While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.
These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.
Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent...."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/sto...
Buffett is probably paying more in taxes than the other 20 people in his office pay combined...but if he feels undertaxed, he is free to pay more...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008030 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a pessimist. I'm an optimist. Guess we are destined to agree to disagree.
With a Covered California silver plan, that first office visit will cost a $45 copay, with the balanced of the cost going toward the $2000 annual deductible. Surely they will line up at the door...or at least they should compared to the $90 urgent care copay or the $250 emergency room copay...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008031 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
California residents pay through the nose because of all the special fuel blends and the inability to build new refineries.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1008032 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's was your buttboy did__use google and pick out the highest avg price. What's the date of that piece?
You mutts are so predictable__and where Galt actually lives in Pennsylvania, the avg price is but $3.33.
Temecula is not even in LA County__why not just pick out some remote burg in Alaska like fred/Paul used to do.
Liars=loooosers!
LMAO! Do you even know what you are arguing? Galt clearly said the price was for L.A. County, that 5 day old article backed him up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008033 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
AAA claims the average price of regular in Florida is $3.329.

Missouri is the lowest price at $3.06.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1008034 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
With a Covered California silver plan, that first office visit will cost a $45 copay, with the balanced of the cost going toward the $2000 annual deductible. Surely they will line up at the door...or at least they should compared to the $90 urgent care copay or the $250 emergency room copay...
That is too funny. Hell, if they want a plan that limits their choice of doctors, why not just call around until you find a doctor that charges $45 for cash patients (with or without insurance) and save the premium.

Location hidden

#1008035 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffett is probably paying more in taxes than the other 20 people in his office pay combined...but if he feels undertaxed, he is free to pay more...
So, you think people who are rich should pay less of a percentage of their income so they can get richer. Got it. Sounds pretty much like the Republican agenda to me. Gets us back to that Fall of Rome scenario.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008036 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Galt had to create another inquiry for the site to get this information...making it a huge success...

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1008037 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ford was in better shape than GM when Bush 's recession hit. GM would not have needed a bail out if the Bush recession had not happened. The recession pushed them overthe edge in much the sa,e way Bush's recession caused numerous business o go under.
Bush's recession? Really? I guess the greedy bankers didn't have anything to do with it. huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 18 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 19 min Crazy Jae 568
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min Crazy Jae 4,669
Word (Dec '08) 26 min Crazy Jae 4,651
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 35 min _Zoey_ 7,748
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 38 min _Zoey_ 298
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 97,932
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000