Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1008005 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher...
What do you think of this?
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students"
"Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right."
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/09/local...
because we live in a society where we don't like to hurt feeling, AP programs will need to be dumbed down

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1008006 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lets try this again...how many years in the future can we expect deficit reduction?
CBO said ten years & expected that to continue beyond that point.

No one ever said the ACA would insure everyone. The CBO estimated a similar number when they looked over the ACA before it was passed. The idea you & Flack ac like this is something new just verifies you two dipsticks are uninformed jackasses.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008007 Oct 20, 2013
Did anyone see Jeb Bush making the rounds on Sunday talk shows. He's definitely thinking of making a bid for the White House.

I have to say he's making the best of the Cruz fiasco to paint himself as a voice of reason.

“I think the best way to repeal Obamacare is to have an alternative; we never hear the alternative...So have a little bit of self-restraint. It might actually be a politically — a better approach to see the massive dysfunction."

Speaking of Cruz's fight:“It was a mistake to focus on something that couldn’t be achieved. And that’s what that was. It was tactics.”

On the GOP's claim the the debt ceiling may not need to be raised:“Well, you have to pay your obligations. I do a lot of traveling overseas. And when we have these spikes of political conversations that are not grounded in reality, the rest of the world looks at us as untrustworthy.”

“That has implications, not just for us, a slowdown of economic activity, it has implications in the world because people have to count on the United States. And if we’re behaving this way, it makes it harder to do so,” he said.

“I’m not blaming Republicans. I think we have a systemic problem in Washington right now and the void of leadership is making it harder to get to a better place,” Bush said.

“The better place would be that with civility, have a dialogue about the bigger, more pressing issues and try to find common ground rather than use each instance of…a possible crisis to win a political point.”

Yep. Definitely entertaining the idea of running for president.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/10/...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008008 Oct 20, 2013
On our privacy and a lil ole Social Security Number...

"The late Murray Kempton used to tell me he remembered that Alf Landon, campaigning against FDR and specifically Social Security back in 1936, used to shout to the crowds words to the effect of “Mark my words, those Social Security numbers will follow you from cradle to grave.” Landon was right. Today you might as well have the SS number tattooed on your forehead, along with all other significant “private” data, preferably in some bright hue so the monitoring cameras along highways and intersections can get a clean hit."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Chambersburg, PA

#1008009 Oct 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake, meant to type FIT.
What increase to the FIT is everyone paying?

Chambersburg, PA

#1008010 Oct 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it like you do everything else you are an authority on, bimbo.
I ask because your mental twin claimed everyone was paying higher FICA & I know that to be a lie.

Location hidden

#1008011 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And you wonder why he wasn't nominated for president.....
neither were you...

Location hidden

#1008012 Oct 20, 2013
What was and what really was...

"People for the American Way Press Release in 2008, after Democratic President Elect Barack Obama defeats Republican John McCain by a 53-46 margin:

Looking at yesterdays results, it's incontrovertible that the election delivered a sweeping mandate for President-elect Obama"

Rewind...
"People for the American Way Press Release in 2005, after Republican President George W. Bush defeated Democrat John Kerry by a 51-48 margin:
Clearly, President Bush, who won a narrow victory and leads a divided nation, has no mandate .. "

http://www.volokh.com/posts/1225928505.shtml
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008013 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It starts with teaching children by example.
Note: obesity is a national epidemic for both adults and children.
So much for teaching our children.
although obesity is a problem, the government standards defining obesity are absurd and overstate the problem...their ideal person cannot have any significant muscular development....

for example, at 72 inches (6 ft), 140 lb is considered "healthy", 184 lb is considered "overweight", and 221 lb is considered "obese"...

a 6 ft man who weighs only 140 lb will look like a scarecrow and one who weighs 184 lb with good muscle development will appear to be very fit...

Peyton Manning at 6'-5" and 230 lb is overweight and bordering on obese...

Yasiel Puig of the LA Dodgers, at 6'-3" and 245 lb is officially obese....

Puig is 45 lb overweight according to Moochelle Obama...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1008014 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
is that you or the pisswater talking

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/15/soc...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008015 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It starts with teaching children by example.
Note: obesity is a national epidemic for both adults and children.
So much for teaching our children.
besides, the tendency to higher body weight is inherited....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008016 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great!! It means things have improved enough to allow the money to flow again. The Pakistani government has gotten over their outrage over the bin Laden raid. Finally!
We have to resume aid if we are going to withdraw out troops from Afghanistan and leave Pakistan to fight terrorism on their own.
so, you like the idea of financing a nuclear Pakistan???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1008017 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
neither were you...
lol! I wasn't running son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008018 Oct 20, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is completely illogical is your statement. The reason people don't have a family doctor is precisely because they don't have insurance and can't afford to see a doctor on a regular basis. Providing them with insurance, they will be able to see a doctor, take advantage of preventative medicine, quit relying on the emergency room for care after their condition has worsened and reduce medical costs across the board.
Serious dude, using the moniker of John Galt is an oxymoron in your case
But then again, I'm assuming you know who John Galt is and where he's at. I very much doubt you are that well versed in literature
the vast majority of healthy people who have insurance do not see a doctor on a regular basis....

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1008019 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire family is a tribe of confused exploiters.
Barack isn't the only D.C employee who's lying about who he really is. The Ft. Hood incident is just a baby step.

Location hidden

#1008020 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you like the idea of financing a nuclear Pakistan???
You don't seem to have any problem financing a nuclear Israel.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1008021 Oct 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, ma'am:]
S'ok, it was only a temporary, intermittent "little death". ;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008022 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's old timer talk__back when Caddie's were spayshul. Today they're pretty decent cars compared to most Japanese competitive products and all American made competitors. Still, I don't want one__nor do I want anymore Honda vehicles.
The Ford Edge is a sweet SUV and far more useful than the Honda/Acura entries. For smallish, they're all pretty good__the little Mazda 3 looks like fun though.
Galt believes in resource conservation and fuel economy and has no need for anything larger than a compact car...

in California, virtually all "luxury" cars are foreign made....Cadillac and Lincoln do not even register in the marketplace...a successful physician or attorney would be embarrassed to drive either, except perhaps as an SUV...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1008023 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> CBO said ten years & expected that to continue beyond that point.
No one ever said the ACA would insure everyone. The CBO estimated a similar number when they looked over the ACA before it was passed. The idea you & Flack ac like this is something new just verifies you two dipsticks are uninformed jackasses.
"...quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against the ACA." - dumbass dave

you see, in dumbass dave's world you need to quit parading a number 10 years in the future as some sort of slam against his messiah's ACA, but it's perfectly ok to parade a number 10 years in the future to prop it up.

Location hidden

#1008024 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the vast majority of healthy people who have insurance do not see a doctor on a regular basis....
That may be true of men but not women. They are pretty committed to annual check-ups for themselves and their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 44 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 55 min Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 4 hr slum ou 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]