Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1265055 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008030 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a pessimist. I'm an optimist. Guess we are destined to agree to disagree.
With a Covered California silver plan, that first office visit will cost a $45 copay, with the balanced of the cost going toward the $2000 annual deductible. Surely they will line up at the door...or at least they should compared to the $90 urgent care copay or the $250 emergency room copay...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008031 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
California residents pay through the nose because of all the special fuel blends and the inability to build new refineries.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1008032 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's was your buttboy did__use google and pick out the highest avg price. What's the date of that piece?
You mutts are so predictable__and where Galt actually lives in Pennsylvania, the avg price is but $3.33.
Temecula is not even in LA County__why not just pick out some remote burg in Alaska like fred/Paul used to do.
Liars=loooosers!
LMAO! Do you even know what you are arguing? Galt clearly said the price was for L.A. County, that 5 day old article backed him up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008033 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie Galt?
CA is higher than the nation and somewhere in Texas is lower than the nation BFD.
The national average for ULR could be under $3.00 by the end of this year. I paid $3.15.9 last week.
AAA claims the average price of regular in Florida is $3.329.

Missouri is the lowest price at $3.06.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1008034 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
With a Covered California silver plan, that first office visit will cost a $45 copay, with the balanced of the cost going toward the $2000 annual deductible. Surely they will line up at the door...or at least they should compared to the $90 urgent care copay or the $250 emergency room copay...
That is too funny. Hell, if they want a plan that limits their choice of doctors, why not just call around until you find a doctor that charges $45 for cash patients (with or without insurance) and save the premium.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008035 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffett is probably paying more in taxes than the other 20 people in his office pay combined...but if he feels undertaxed, he is free to pay more...
So, you think people who are rich should pay less of a percentage of their income so they can get richer. Got it. Sounds pretty much like the Republican agenda to me. Gets us back to that Fall of Rome scenario.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008036 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Galt had to create another inquiry for the site to get this information...making it a huge success...

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1008037 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ford was in better shape than GM when Bush 's recession hit. GM would not have needed a bail out if the Bush recession had not happened. The recession pushed them overthe edge in much the sa,e way Bush's recession caused numerous business o go under.
Bush's recession? Really? I guess the greedy bankers didn't have anything to do with it. huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008038 Oct 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> What increase to the FIT is everyone paying?
Dumbass Dave loves higher taxes as long as the other guy does the paying....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008039 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to have any problem financing a nuclear Israel.
the difference between an ally and an enemy...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008040 Oct 20, 2013
"Get those Crackers"

"Brooklyn group of black youths blocks white couple's car, bloody victims in racial attack: cops"

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/...

I would not be surprised if this 'attack' is suddenly reclassified as a isolated incident...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008041 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Do you even know what you are arguing? Galt clearly said the price was for L.A. County, that 5 day old article backed him up.
gasoline prices in Riverside County are very similar...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008043 Oct 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too funny. Hell, if they want a plan that limits their choice of doctors, why not just call around until you find a doctor that charges $45 for cash patients (with or without insurance) and save the premium.
exactly...and cash talks...

now, they will argue that if one is super poor, there is further taxpayer assistance with copays and deductibles...but those folks are probably eligible for Medicaid where they would pay nothing...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008044 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ken Lay never served a day in prison and his conviction was vacated...
do you really live in a dump like Elmont???
just curious...
He never served a day in priso because he died first. Which is exactly why his conviction was vacated. It was vacated on merit

Former Enron Chairman Ken Lay's criminal conviction was vacated and his indictment dismissed by a judge today.

U.S. District Judge Sim Lake granted the request by Lay's estate to vacate the conviction, an outcome that was widely anticipated given legal precedent. He also dismissed the indictment used to bring him to trial earlier this year.

Lay died July 5, just weeks after a jury found him guilty on six charges of conspiracy and fraud and Lake found him guilty on four charges of bank fraud.

In his decision, Lake cited a decision in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals that makes death, before the appeals process has been exhausted, grounds for throwing out a conviction and dismissing an indictment.

The Department of Justice tried to trump that precedent, however, when it asked Congress in early September to pass a law that would essentially prevent courts from vacating criminal convictions if a defendant dies before going through the entire appeals process.

are you really as stupid as you seem, using half truths to make your ignorant asinine posts

I'm telling you dude, you should use Jimmy Taggert not John Galt. But then, I'm assuming you actually know Who is John Galt and personally I don't think you're that literate.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008045 Oct 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think people who are rich should pay less of a percentage of their income so they can get richer. Got it. Sounds pretty much like the Republican agenda to me. Gets us back to that Fall of Rome scenario.
Give us one rational reason why they should pay a higher percentage?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1008046 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
California residents pay through the nose because of all the special fuel blends and the inability to build new refineries.
"Inability to build new refineries". Bull. The oil companies don't want to build refineries. In fact, they have been closing them down.

"From 1985 to 1995, 10 California refineries closed, resulting in a 20 percent reduction in refining capacity." Do you remember who the presidents were during that time? We have 20 refineries (9 less than Texas) I would say that is enough.

Nov 7, 2012(Reuters)- Alon USA Energy Inc plans to shut down its California refineries for a year due to high costs of imported oil, further cutting the state's already depleted capacity to make fuel.

Chief Executive Paul Eisman said on Wednesday Alon intends to restart the 94,000 barrel per day system, which comprises three plants in Bakersfield, Paramount and Long Beach, in the fourth quarter of 2013 at the earliest."

Now, there is your problem. No regulation of oil companies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/alo...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1008047 Oct 20, 2013
Man...er...woman...

SUES for free mammogram....

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/15/man-who-is...

See what you dumass liberals have started...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008048 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
"Get those Crackers"
"Brooklyn group of black youths blocks white couple's car, bloody victims in racial attack: cops"
I would not be surprised if this 'attack' is suddenly reclassified as a isolated incident...
seriously Dude, considering the history of the U.S. I don't think you want to go down that path. When talking about racially motivated attacks, I'm pretty sure the number of whites attacking blacks dwarfs the number of blacks attacking whites.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1008049 Oct 20, 2013
killtaker wrote:
"Get those Crackers"
yet another good reason for the Second Amendment and elimination of victim-enhancement zones like NYC...one should have the right to defend oneself against a subhuman mob...

which donut shop were the cops in while this happened?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1008050 Oct 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference between an ally and an enemy...
Israel being the enemy of course.

Just ask the crew of the USS Liberty
or how about those secrets to our nuclear sub force Israel got from Pollard and sold to the Russians. The damage they did do our nuclear deterent force was the worse in our history.

or we could ask the Marines of the 22nd MAU, well except for 241. Israel knew the attack was coming and how it was going to happen. They even had the license plate number of the truck used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Dale 194,823
abby8-4-15 58 min mrs gladys kravitz 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 100,326
CDXC Johnson George Opens New Chicago Area Center 2 hr mike blaine 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 6,264
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,386
Review: Unlimited Marketing Services 4 hr tooprofessional5 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages