Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1007650 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
discrimination against Asian-Americans....
place illiterates in advanced placement classes makes lots of sense....
It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007651 Oct 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Who give's a rats rear end what you think. To fit in you should go an idiots thread, you and "poop" would be naturals for that thread.
God bless America.
Peace
KMA
lol! Same to you son....

... and the radical reich wingers too!
Shay

Cleveland, MS

#1007652 Oct 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
Poh Thang.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007653 Oct 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the Republicans have a lot more power than we thought after this last fiasco when it comes to Democrats needing a scapegoat.
Keep telling yourself that, then sit back and relax son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007654 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookie, kid, I can scratch my azz, pick my nose and Tap Dance while walking my dog, cat and next door neighbor's wife as I sing Dixie but to what end?
Who cares?
Get simple. Get real.
lol! You must be a sight walking down the street son!

Location hidden

#1007655 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
r u familiar with S & M?
Yer killin' me here...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007656 Oct 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
You mean the blue collars eh?

interesting.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007657 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Canucks know lots more about computer systems than those Silicon Valley geeks....
if Obama had a brain, he would call Bill Gates and beg for help....
Gates really doesn't do anything in the 'computer' world son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007658 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
probably people submitting bogus names to shop without being committed, just like any other product.....
Guessing as usual I see!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007659 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more likely that people will go to their doctor in January and learn that he/she is not part of their plan....even though they had Blue Cross before and still do...
Again, another guess.

Gee, now that I think back, you do this as a normal course of responding!!!

interesting.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007660 Oct 20, 2013
lol! awwww...... lookie.

Reich wing nuts get outsmarted again by the US Court system.

... not that it's hard or anything!!!

"Court rejects Obama citizenship challenge by GOP Senate candidate

By Associated Press

POSTED: 03:11 a.m. HST, Oct 19, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 03:14 a.m. HST, Oct 19, 2013

MONTPELIER, Vt. >> The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected a claim by a former Republican U.S. Senate candidate from Vermont that President Barack Obama's name should not have been placed on last year's Vermont ballot because he is not a "natural-born citizen" of the United States.

H. Brooke Paige had made the claim based on what he said were legal treatises and other writings from around the time of the U.S. Constitution. Obama is a U.S. citizen by virtue of his birth in Hawaii. His father, Barack Obama Sr., was born in Kenya.

Paige, who lost in last year's Republican U.S. Senate primary, sought a court order barring Secretary of State Jim Condos from putting Obama's name on the ballot.

He lost in the Superior Court and now at the state Supreme Court."

Location hidden

#1007661 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the blue collars eh?
interesting.....
We have already bent too far to bolster the self esteem of the less than ordinary and offering them placement in advanced classes is the height (or depth, rather) of lunacy. We waste time, money and resources better used on those (the genius) who can make life better for the masses as a whole. The dumbing down of America has already gone on for far too long and will only cost us more, financially, technologically and culturally.

Location hidden

#1007662 Oct 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the blue collars eh?
interesting.....
Kurt Vonnegut wrote a story that makes me wonder if our current overlord is hoping to "handicap" if not outright shame our best and brightest out of achieving their dreams of self actualized accomplishment, of righteous glory.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergero... ;

I have nothing against praising a less than average student for good work but placing them in a class they are certain to fail in is sick. That failure won't be bolstering anybody's self esteem.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1007663 Oct 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Kurt Vonnegut wrote a story that makes me wonder if our current overlord is hoping to "handicap" if not outright shame our best and brightest out of achieving their dreams of self actualized accomplishment, of righteous glory.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergero... ;
I have nothing against praising a less than average student for good work but placing them in a class they are certain to fail in is sick. That failure won't be bolstering anybody's self esteem.
Much like you right wing morons trying to compete intellectually here on Topix and praising each other with this phony judge it system.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007664 Oct 20, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like you right wing morons trying to compete intellectually here on Topix and praising each other with this phony judge it system.
There is no low those idiots will not go. They prove it daily. They love to call themselves patriots or anything that will rile up the afflicted, which is 90% of their sheep.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1007665 Oct 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But a lot of Democrats are. Right on the coattails of Obamacare's success or failure.
You might want to start preparing yourself for a worst case scenario.
Sure Carol, that's why the Republicans have historically low approval ratings.
Pew Research: 20%-72% approve /disapprove.
NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll: 24%-70% approve/disapprove.
Quinnipiac University Poll: 17%-74% approve/ disapprove.
CBS News/New York Times Poll: 21%-73% approve/disapprove.
The Republicans have put themselves in an untenable position. Those that voted to end the shutdown are going to be primaried from the right and those that voted to keep it going are going to be primaried from the center.
It's the GOP that should be bracing itself for a worst case scenario with their hold on the House in jeopardy. Until they throw the extreme right under the bus it's highly unlikely they will ever occupy the White House or control the Senate for the foreseeable future.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1007666 Oct 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Sometimes I have to read and re-read the posts PDupont responds to just to make sure they're mine because they're so old.
Unlike a lot of those on this thread I have a life outside of Topix.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1007667 Oct 20, 2013
Officials: 476,000 ObamaCare applications filed
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007668 Oct 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Officials: 476,000 ObamaCare applications filed
Righties are always counting on any and ever thing bad to happen, with little to no respet for fellow Americans their addiction to power and greed is overwhelming. Just reading the sheep on here which never changes is proof of that. Their real problem with AHC is that it will be successful. Plain and simple.
VIPERS

Lillington, NC

#1007669 Oct 20, 2013
By DYLAN BYERS |
10/17/13 11:17 AM EDT

Demanding a change to the way business is done in Washington, President Barack Obama on Thursday urged lawmakers to ignore lobbyists, bloggers, "talking heads on radio" and "the professional activists who profit from conflict."

"How business is done in this town has to change," Obama said during a press conference. "Now that the government is reopened and this threat to our economy is removed, all of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists and the bloggers and the talking heads on radio and the professional activists who profit from conflict, and focus on what the majority of Americans sent us here to do — and that's grow this economy."

NET Bible
You snakes, you offspring of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

ohn 8:44

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

President Barack Obama and Dem /Harry Reid are the
ones that Shut Down Gov and were going along with Default,All because the would not Delay( not Defund) Obama Care for One Year! This is the Truth!

President Barack Obama on Thursday urged lawmakers to ignore lobbyists, bloggers, "talking heads on radio"

You should only listen to the 4 left-wing networks -- ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC And Obama!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min greenwichvillage 98,363
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min HughBe 69,533
Feel-good news is made near Ferguson 17 min reality is a crutch 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Learn to Read 178,607
Amy 10-1 38 min pde 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 39 min Always Smile 4,050
Amy - 9-29-2014 53 min pde 31

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]