Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1249914 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#1007606 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No weed smoking because the damage is already done.
You are now in 'permanent high' mode for the rest of your sorryass life.
If only it were possible! As for you, swallowed too many red pills, stuck in the matrix. There was a reason the red pillkept people in lala land. Your living proof of it!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007607 Oct 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
cite it.
Why?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007608 Oct 19, 2013
Government Shutdown Exposes Rift Among Republicans

Republican strategist Mike Murphy chided what he called "the stupid wing of the Republican Party."

"There's tension and there ought to be a questioning of whether we ought to listen to such bad advice," Murphy said when asked about the influence of conservative groups. "We took a huge brand hit. It's self-inflicted.... I'm glad there are no elections tomorrow."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/gove...

Location hidden

#1007609 Oct 19, 2013

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1007610 Oct 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
getting real means getting simple?
you walk the neighbor's wife?
you sing Dixie?
yep, MI republican.
kid? whatever you say grandpa.
Great! You're taking advice.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007611 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
because i want to be as informed as you are.

Location hidden

#1007612 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookie, kid, I can scratch my azz, pick my nose and Tap Dance while walking my dog, cat and next door neighbor's wife as I sing Dixie but to what end?
Who cares?
Get simple. Get real.
He was simply reminding us that he is THE victim...
That only his life sucks...
and that's that...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007613 Oct 19, 2013
October House Overview: GOP Risk Factors

Earlier this year, a senior House Democrat ribbed our pessimistic forecast for their 2014 prospects by suggesting, "Why can't you just say 'Democrats can't win a majority in the House, but Republicans can lose one?'" That admonition has never seemed more appropriate.

Given the GOP-tilted nature of the congressional map and the dynamics of midterm turnout, we have always maintained that House Republicans would need to engage in some spectacularly self-destructive behavior in order for Democrats to have any shot at netting 17 seats and a majority next November.

Over the 16-day course of the government shutdown, House Republicans flirted with just that. Republicans' detour into what some have described as a defund-at-all-costs "cul de sac" has turned a negative spotlight on the party to an extent no Democratic ad could ever achieve.

"The only thing we've gotten from a two-week shutdown is about five or ten more races we've got to pay attention to," complains one clear-headed GOP strategist. "More money spent defending people than expanding the majority. Hopefully folks are scared and are going to take their races seriously."

The GOP's brand has been awful for years, and sustained more damage this month. Yet the biggest boost for House Democrats isn't the downturn in the GOP's brand (NBC News/Wall Street Journal surveys showed negative views of the Republican Party surging from 44 percent in September to 53 percent in October). It's that the shutdown forced voters to actually focus on the House GOP as "the problem" in DC, something Democrats simply could not do amid the noise of the 2012 presidential election.

http://cookpolitical.com/story/6330
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007614 Oct 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! You're taking advice.
so let's talk about walking the neighbors wife. how does that work?

Location hidden

#1007615 Oct 19, 2013
Since someone wanted a citation...

Obammie care...
the people speak...

"Agreed. Blaming the contractors is ridiculous. The administration held back the specifications until after the 2012 election, for political reasons. I can only imagine what a tangled mess the business rules are"

faceless commenter
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007616 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
so it's in the comments?

FYI...Google won't find 'comments'.

Location hidden

#1007617 Oct 19, 2013
Because politics is so bad...

let the people speak..

"I know for a FACT that Healthcare.gov is not compatible with certain browsers. I absolutely CANNOT access it after the log in page using GOOGLE CHROME but had NO problems whatsoever going through the entire application process using FIREFOX."

smcc618

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Lot of older folks/low IQ'ers will not know the workaround for browsers that are not compatible...

Location hidden

#1007618 Oct 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because i want to be as informed as you are.
If you want to be healed you go see a doctor...

If you want to learn you go see a teacher...

Location hidden

#1007619 Oct 19, 2013
Democrats have things under control!!!!!

"Bob Laszewski: What I’m worried about is that when people go to their doctor in January they may walk in, and the doctor and hospital won’t find them in the insurer’s computer system or their bank account won’t be appropriately debited or they’ll be signed up for the wrong plan."

Who is Bob Laszewski?

"Robert Laszewski is president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, a policy and marketplace consulting firm that has him working closely with many in the heath industry as they try to navigate the Affordable Care Act..."

Location hidden

#1007620 Oct 19, 2013
Democrats have it all under control....

Ezra Klein asks...
"Tell me what you’re hearing from the insurance industry that has you concerned.

BL: The insurance industry is literally receiving a handful of new enrollments from the 36 Obama administration-run exchanges. It’s really 20 or 30 or 40 each day through last week. And a good share of those enrollments are problematic. One insurance company told me,“we got an enrollment from John Doe. Then five minutes later we got a message from CMS disenrolling him. Then we got another message re-enrolling him.” On and on, up to 10 times. So insurers aren’t really sure if the enrollments they’ve got are enrollments they should have."

Location hidden

#1007621 Oct 19, 2013
Wow...what a simple question...

"Are there no Democrats in Silicon Valley?"

Location hidden

#1007622 Oct 19, 2013
With Liberals...everyone can be used...

"It is shocking that the Obama administration has hired as a navigator a person who has been caught trespassing and attempting to intimidate a public official,” Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach told TheDCNF."

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/17/obamacare-n...

Lapeer, MI

#1007623 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
He was simply reminding us that he is THE victim...
That only his life sucks...
and that's that...
oh. OK.

I feel your pain, sonic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.......

Lapeer, MI

#1007624 Oct 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so let's talk about walking the neighbors wife. how does that work?
r u familiar with S & M?

Lapeer, MI

#1007625 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to be healed you go see a doctor...
If you want to learn you go see a teacher...
...and, sonic...if you want to be awakened from your deep slumber of ignorance, stop visiting Liberal Media websites ans TV shows that mesmerize and have you watch the dangling lies until you fall into a trance of obedience.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 191,794
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min femiguy 53,890
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min White_Lightning 6,131
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr White_Lightning 5,317
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 2 hr Snip Snip Snip 65
Even U-locks aren't safe anymore to lock bicycl... 3 hr Observer 2
Ya gotta listen to the BIG TRUTH. 4 hr Someone U Know 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Sublime1 99,856
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages