Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264000 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1007501 Oct 19, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me Obamaís Top Three accomplishments!!
Me! me! me!(waving hand wildly)...Ended the war in Iraq; Passed Wall Street Reform and Passed Health Care reform.

Location hidden

#1007502 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, unlike Limbaugh, Jerry Springer was an elected DemoKKKrat officeholder....
Oh, that doesn't surprise me. With his history of drug abuse, Limbaugh couldn't get elected dog catcher.

Location hidden

#1007503 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
FU...
anybody can address any topic they choose...
Addressing a topic and spamming a thread with religious zealotry are two different things.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007504 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see Republicans gave financial institutions $245 billion and AIG $67..8 billion. Bailing out GM saved thousands of jobs including suppliers and dealerships. I would say THAT is meaningful. AIG? Wells Fargo? Not so much.
most of the banks were forced to take the bailouts, which they didn't need...others should have been allowed to fail....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007505 Oct 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes were cut in the stimulus bill & what taxes were raised on the middle classs.
What does it matter whose taxes were increased, unless you believe in discrimination?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1007506 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, why didn't Ford need a bailout?
Ford was flush with government cash already dumbazz__Ford wasn't neglected during the bailout period either receiving billion$ in grants and tax favors.

Why do you persist?

For it's part Ford had better foreign partners, was well into building more efficient and reliable vehicles when the economy soured and had already began trimming it's dealer network.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007507 Oct 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> The leading cause of personal bankruptcy is what?
The leading cause of personal bankruptcy is overextended borrowing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007508 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that doesn't surprise me. With his history of drug abuse, Limbaugh couldn't get elected dog catcher.
Why would Limbaugh want to take a huge cut in pay or prestige to run for office?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007509 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me! me! me!(waving hand wildly)...Ended the war in Iraq; Passed Wall Street Reform and Passed Health Care reform.
Oh, we can add to that.... got the hostage taking t-p to concede defeat on the debt ceiling.... accelerated the draw down in Afghanistan.... got Russia to bow to him and force Syria to agree to wmd destruction... has kept the economy from tanking since the good ol' bushie boy days.... has allowed America to become the biggest oil produces.... has allowed America to be a net gas exporter.... has re-instituted the bushie boy tax cuts for the rich (though I think cons should give him credit for that!).... a net outflow of immigrants from Mexico....

By golly this is a long list!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007510 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
total BS figure...extremely unlikely....
cuts both ways.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007511 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most of the banks were forced to take the bailouts, which they didn't need...others should have been allowed to fail....
poor baby. I wonder what country you're talking about?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007512 Oct 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Addressing a topic and spamming a thread with religious zealotry are two different things.
So just skip over all of it without reading, just as Galt skips over everything by the draft-dodging Moreno Valley scumbag with his thousands of names, the Demos/Tenzing alter ego Mr. Hyde, and anybody from Chicago.

saves lots of time....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1007513 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Limbaugh want to take a huge cut in pay or prestige to run for office?
... lol! After all, he is the republican leader!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1007514 Oct 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about! Ihope you don't have kids. A child will do what he/she likes doing, fact! My mother not father sold drugs. Not only myself but, both my brothers all around up selling drugs. My mother, father, & younger brother all eat pig feet &, chitterlings. My older brother & I don't. My older brother and I, don't like mayonnaise, instead we like mustard. I'm the only person in my family that doesn't eat ribs, pork shoulder. Somewhere along the line, you forgot or, just don't know, children are people with a mind of their own. A parent's job is not to make their decisions for them but, to guide them in their decision making. " So as I tell you &, not as I does!" Staple phrase in the black community!
Folks, the above post shows clearly what horrid lack of mentality and morality haunts the black community.

Shallow is only one word that comes to mind.

Chicago death toll: Homicides in Chicago this year are down 21 percent compared with last year - at 305 compared with 389, according to the Chicago Police Department.

Glory halleluiah, brutha.

Shootings in Chicago October 18, 19 2013: http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/2013/10/sh...

Brutha Emanuel's response: http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/2013/10/ma...

Go wear a hoodie in protest, eh?

Lapeer, MI

#1007515 Oct 19, 2013
killtaker wrote:
I love Science!
.edu!!!!!
"Children Imitate Adult Behaviors"
Whether it is smoking...
Abandonment...
Stealing...
and of course these...
Imagine if we taught our kids these...
"Thou shalt not kill...
Thou shalt not steal...
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house..."
But...but-t-t-t...that's against their civil rights. Especially if they're black.

Lapeer, MI

#1007516 Oct 19, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you figure we all have your affliction, sorry loser. Take your beating like a man just for once, hell you might as well get used to it.
When was the last time you washed between your cheeks, eh?

Try sliding down a sandpaper bannister sometime, dood.

Maybe then people could stand you for more than 2 minutes.

Lapeer, MI

#1007517 Oct 19, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"They" won't get it, but I found your analogy laugh-out-loud funny. Keep up the good work.
You laugh at abortion buckets so your opinion here doesn't count.

Scoot.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1007518 Oct 19, 2013
Tea Party Republican Defends Being on Medicaid While Opposing Medicaid

A Tea Party candidate for Idaho's House of Representatives defended himself against allegations of hypocrisy following an NBC News article in which he admitted to signing his entire family up for Medicaid while running on a platform that calls for the dismantling of all government programs.

"I donít think that the government should be involved in health care or health insurance," Greg Collett, 41, of Caldwell told NBC News earlier this month.

Collett, a self-employed software developer by trade, went on to note that his ten children ó two biological, eight adopted ó are all recipients of health insurance through the government's Medicaid program, and acknowledged that "there are a lot of people out there thatíll cry foul" over the dissonance.

And, indeed, many people did visit Collett's personal site shortly afterward to ask him what the hell.

In a lengthy response to all the naysayers, Collett attempted to defend his hypocrisy, but made it so much worse:

Let me set the record straight. Yes, I participate in government programs of which I adamantly oppose. Many of them, actually. Am I a hypocrite for participating in programs that I oppose? If it was that simple, and if participation demonstrated support, then of course. But, my reason for participation in government programs often is not directly related to that issue in and of itself, and it certainly does not demonstrate support. For instance, I participate in government programs in order to stay out of the courts, or jail, so that I can take care of my family; other things I do to avoid fines or for other financial reasons; and some are simply because it is the only practical choice. With each situation, I have to evaluate the consequences of participating or not participating.

Or, as Opposing Views helpfully summarizes: "[I]t is okay to take part in programs one opposes as long as one does not 'support' those programs."

http://gawker.com/tea-party-republican-defend...

typical.

Lapeer, MI

#1007520 Oct 19, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fine with who I am! I don't live my life trying to fit into any certain social community. I am like Jesus, who I am! No wonder more kids from your background commits suicide than my background. That cesspool has plenty of children to play with so, I guess it evens out, don't you think?
Smokin' crack again?

Gettin' short of brain cells there, bro'...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1007521 Oct 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The leading cause of personal bankruptcy is overextended borrowing.
You can google these things dummy. Once again__who are you trying to convince? Other TeaParty dummies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Enter 194,637
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 2 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 2 hr Magonigol 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 54,333
The Messenger 4 hr DKTM 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 100,285
amy august 2 5 hr PEllen 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages