Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#1006924 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust tea baggers.
And rap is the byproduct of R&B
Could be the byproduct of the original R&B but, there is nothing similar to Rap. Well maybe if you combined modern R&B with poetry. I also listen to a variety of music for inspiration. I never find problems with other genres lyrics, it's the fact that some music is filled with instruments that clashes, therefore makes it hard to hear the lyrics. Metal, Heavy Metal, some Rock & Roll, too loud!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006925 Oct 18, 2013
Hey Republicans!

Hands off our Vagina's!

"Teen found with fetus in bag at store, NYPD says"

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/17/5831522/teen...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006926 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know I am. They just want to just keep taking more and more. Won't be long till the government gives you everything and they just take all your money. Oh wait, they tried that once. It didn't work out too good. Never mind!
California just recently passed prop 30. Here's liberal logic...lets give the politicians who miss managed billions of dollars more money. That will fix it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006927 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"IF", "IF", "IF"....The Sky is Falling!
Prevarication has become and still is the order of the day with you old woman, while truth and honesty are a stranger to your liberal air head and hollow wall of liberalism..

It's the culture...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006928 Oct 18, 2013
Obama and the terrorists made me do it...

"The National Park Service director told Congress on Wednesday that he had to shut down the open-air memorials on the Mall during the government shutdown because of terrorism..."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006929 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't hide anything. Most of the time it is because the article is too long or there is a graph or video in the way. What difference does it make. Go drink another beer!
OK I will__but I'm sticking with "you're ashamed of your sources in the same way most other right wing pukes are because you really don't believe that sht either."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006930 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep following the buffalo in front of you, Homer.
Just try to stop before you go over the cliff...without getting run over by the buffalo behind you.
The lead buffaloes, Obama and Reid, know where they're going.
he's really gone over the edge.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006931 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
It carried out eight separate prison attacks over the same period, ending with the complex, military-style assaults on two Baghdad-area prisons on July 21 that freed more than 500 inmates, many of them al Qaeda members.
"It's safe to assume a good percentage of them ... would flow back into the ranks," boosting the group's manpower, said Floyd, the military analyst.
American troops and Iraqi forces, including Sunni militiamen opposed to the group's extremist ideology, beat back al Qaeda after the U.S. launched its surge strategy in 2007. That policy shift deployed additional American troops to Iraq and shifted the focus of the war effort toward enhancing security for Iraqis and winning their trust.
By 2009, al Qaeda and other Sunni extremist groups were "reduced to a few small cells struggling to survive and unable to mount more than token attacks," Kenneth Pollack, a Clinton administration official who is now a Middle East analyst at the Brookings Institution, noted in a report earlier this year.
Now there are fears that all the hard work is coming undone.
Iraqis, both Sunni and Shiite, say they are losing faith in the government's ability to keep the country safe.
"Al Qaeda can blow up whatever number of car bombs they want whenever they choose," said Ali Nasser, a Shiite government employee from Baghdad. "It seems like al Qaeda is running the country, not the government in Baghdad."
Many Sunnis, meanwhile, are unwilling to trust a government they feel has sidelined and neglected their sect.
Iraqi officials say that lack of trust has hampered intelligence-gathering efforts, with fewer Sunnis willing to pass along tips about suspected terrorist activities in their midst.
"During the surge, we helped build up the immune system of Iraq to deter these attacks. Now that immune system has been taken away," said Emma Sky, a key civilian policy adviser for U.S. Army Gen. Ray Odierno when he was the top American military commander in Iraq.
"Before you had the U.S. there to protect the political space and help move the country forward," she added. "How much longer can this go on before something breaks?"
© 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
didn't you hear? Al qeada is on the run.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1006932 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rap is a money making venture and not an art form.
I've played golf with Luther Campbell a couple of times (he can play) and his behavior is strictly business. Same same ZZ Top who's drummer owned auto racing teams and was a terrific road course driver.
Art-Money
Brittney, Jessica and Miley___money
Christina Aguilera__art
I'm quite aware of that. I was/am in the business.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006933 Oct 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The Bush legacy continues...
obamazombie

"President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been “decimated,”“on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006934 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let me simplify this.
Dot A: If Obamacare is a tax law...
Dot B: And the IRS oversees all taxes...
(Connect dots A and B.)
Do you know how many IRS government employees are going to be hired to implement this law? If not, you should look it up.
The IRS is not "implementing" the law. They will merely be verifying informing people of the new law.

IF you know the number of IRS agents that will hired, let's see your link. I'm guessing it is from a conservative website.

Hint: "The claim of 16,500 new agents stems from a partisan analysis based on guesswork and false assumptions, and compounded by outright misrepresentation."

Ron Paul: "16,500 ARMED bureaucrats coming to make this program work."

"IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman testified before a hearing of the House Ways and Means Committee March 25 that the IRS won’t be auditing individuals to certify that they have obtained health insurance. He said insurance companies will issue forms certifying that individuals have coverage that meets the federal mandate, similar to a form that lenders use to verify the amount of interest someone has paid on their home mortgage. "We expect to get a simple form, that we won’t look behind, that says this person has acceptable health coverage," Shulman said. "So there’s not going to be any discussions about health coverage with an IRS employee."

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansio...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1006935 Oct 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
California just recently passed prop 30. Here's liberal logic...lets give the politicians who miss managed billions of dollars more money. That will fix it.
Money will solve everything.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006936 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obstetricians labeled as ophthalmologists and the wrong doctors described as fluent in Russian and Farsi" is a glitch and a minor fix. Just be patient.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-exchang...
this is what it comes down to...

in the real world, if a site has as many "glitches" as the obamacare sites, they lose customers, money and potentially go out of business.

in the government world, if a site has as many "glitches" as the obamacare sites and they lose customers, just tax them an additional $95.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#1006937 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Rap is a money making venture and not an art form.
I've played golf with Luther Campbell a couple of times (he can play) and his behavior is strictly business. Same same ZZ Top who's drummer owned auto racing teams and was a terrific road course driver.
Art-Money
Brittney, Jessica and Miley___money
Christina Aguilera__art
It's rare that I disagree with you Realtime but, you're totally wrong on this one. I'll do you a favor. Download Jay-z; Heaven, Beachchair, Oceans &, Holy Grail. Or just listen to Nas albums; It was written &, I AM. 2PAC, any album. There's different forms of Rap, I happento like most of them but, my favorite is Hardcore or, Gangsta Rap. You may not think so but, some of the music is deep &, you'll never find a better art form Anyone can put thoughts into form &, keep them between the beats. Now try doing that using rhyming words &, keeping the topic. Takes God given skill!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006938 Oct 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
Ah Fox News. I was wondering why all the lemmings were fired up this morning, some of their headlines -
OBAMACARE WOES
- Insurers get faulty data
from glitch-riddled website
- Obamacare site wasn't tested until week before launch
Tell you what folks, for those of you using Internet Explorer go in to advanced settings and check the box to 'show a notification for every javascript error' and then surf the web and see how many you get, you can even go to your beloved Fox News site where you will get about a dozen before you can get the home page to load.
Topix throws errors all the time.
Technically speaking these are glitches.
Trust me it will get very annoying and you will soon be unchecking that button very shortly.
homer figured out how to fix the Obama care website "glitches". Turn off error notification. I wonder why Obama didn't think of that.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1006939 Oct 18, 2013
Off to a football game soon then on to see a band. Have a good weekend all. Go Mountaineers!!!!!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006940 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your facts mixed up. The Affordable Care Act benefits 15% of the population. The 2% is the percentage of the population represented by the Tea Party.
only 15%? is it to much to ask for some Vaseline?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006941 Oct 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good to see you Dem. Go easy on them, they are still smarting from the ass whipping the president and the Dems put on them.
"Be graceful in victory" - Homer 2016
"I don't read his [dem] posts" - dumbass Dave.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006942 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It is I...the one and only.
Yes, grey, we did our part In destroying the right wing for decades.
answer the fcking question. What's up with Canada!!
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#1006943 Oct 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
obamazombie
"President Barack Obama has described al Qaeda as having been “decimated,”“on the path to defeat” or some other variation at least 32 times since the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, according to White House transcripts."
It's like y'all live to take things out of context. You do it every chance you get. You know like, I know that the president was talking about those in Afghanistan, who our troops are at war with. Al Qaeda is all over the globe so, how is it that you got his words misconstrued?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 min boundary painter 1,277
last post wins! (Apr '13) 17 min boundary painter 341
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 25 min boundary painter 374
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 29 min boundary painter 7,779
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 31 min boundary painter 1,122
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min zzz 46,639
Amy 9-17-14 37 min Sublime1 16
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Toj 98,220
Dear Abby 9-17-14 44 min Toj 16
Amy 9-16 59 min Toj 50
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 178,025
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000