Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007006 Oct 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Says no one who is involved in programming
maybe the site has pretty colors that Homer likes...or is gay-friendly...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1007007 Oct 18, 2013
lol! Big trouble in little tee pee!

http://www.examiner.com/article/polls-obamaca...

"Polls: Obamacare increasing in popularity, GOP election future in big trouble

October 18, 2013

With the government now reopen for business, the after effects of the shutdown are taking its toll, especially on the Republican party.

The big demand by Republicans, especially their Tea Party caucus, was a full repeal of Obamacare or defunding the law so it could not be implemented. The government shutdown on October 1st, the first day the health care exchanges were open for the public. Despite rhetoric from right-wing news sources and Tea Party backed congressional members, such as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), multiple polls show that in the aftermath of the government shutdown, Republicans are seeing their approval ratings drop while the Affordable Care Act, or "Obamacare," is becoming more popular.

According to a recent CNBC poll, 44 percent of Americans oppose defunding "Obamacare," compared to 38 percent who want to see the new health care law defunded. When asked if they supported defunding the law if it was tied to a government shutdown, an overwhelming 59 percent were opposed. A new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll showed that the approval for the Affordable Care Act increased seven points, from 31 percent to 38 percent since the government shutdown following Tea Party demands. While the number is still low, it shows Americans are starting to finally warm up to the idea of "Obamacare." A recent Gallup poll even showed that two-thirds of uninsured Americans were planning to sign up for health insurance through the exchange program created by the Affordable Care Act.

With Republican approval ratings at historic lows, the GOP will need to change their tune if they want to repeat the success of the 2010 midterms in 2014. The majority of the American people put the blame for the government shutdown at the doorstep of congressional Republicans, which prompted them to fold on their demands and cave to an uncompromising President Obama. The president has often moved to the center to meet Republicans, moving away from his base for the good of the country. As the president has made his move to the right, Republicans continue to move away from him following constant pressure from the Tea Party...."

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007008 Oct 18, 2013
New way of describing Collected Left's...

Foodstamper
Sec 8
birth control
Welfare
Obamacare
etc...

'gimmedats'

hahahahahahah!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1007009 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
"The Republican Party purposefully got us into this mess, and Obama got us out the best he could. He deserves a thank you, and a pat on the back.
After years of watching him concede points to the GOP in the name of compromise and "bipartisan" negotiations, the president finally dug in his heels and refused to give an inch. The result? A resounding victory for him and his party. The Republican Party spent three weeks trying to get something, anything, out of Obama for shutting down the government and bringing the debt ceiling to the brink, but they ended up with nothing. Zilch. In the childish game of chicken that was this shutdown, the president held steady and the GOP flinched first. He stood up for his policies and his party and ceded not an inch. He finally gave his supporters a reason to be proud, instead of coming out with his tail between his legs, saying we had to give up some big things to get a little of what we wanted. Nope, this time we got exactly what we wanted."
"Let's be clear: there are no winners here," Obama said in remarks to the press the morning after he signed the legislation that reopened the government. But make no mistake: this was a victory speech. Before this, the president was great at winning elections and losing policy battles. Under his guise of compromise, the sequester cuts essentially became the standing norm for government spending. But this time he came to the table having learned something. He realized every time he gave up ground to the GOP they would only demand more. So he stopped. Every time the GOP came up with plan that included something they wanted, Obama was right there promising a veto. And lo and behold, it worked...."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/68711/a-rea...
So you *DO* have a sense of humor. THis is good.

I laughed all the way through this. Thanks:]
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007010 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your facts mixed up. The Affordable Care Act benefits 15% of the population. The 2% is the percentage of the population represented by the Tea Party.
the only thing worse than the websites are the insurance policies sold under ObamaKKKare...when people find out the details, they will revolt....

Obama will call for major changes in the program before the next election...higher taxes, lower premiums, lower deductibles, lower copays...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1007011 Oct 18, 2013
Interesting poll results: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NE...

The Magic Negro crows jivetalk atop a dung pile.

He's king of the hill, alright:]
LCNLin

United States

#1007012 Oct 18, 2013
Emeem wrote:
You teabaggers don't get it. You don't matter any more. Only 51% of the Republican party even considers you Republicans!!!
You marginalized yourself with your dumbass tantrum that's dragging America's economy down.
You offer nothing but whine and stupid.
You're merely an obstacle.
more fun to watch them post to each other.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#1007013 Oct 18, 2013
I have just felt the first touch of the Affordable Health Care Act. I was asked today for my DOD #. The funny part was I did not know I had one and to my sha-grin I have one.(24 years did not know it) This is the worst that will happen to me I can live with this.
How many of you have had your insurance cancelled or raised so far?
Have any of you gone through one of the exchanges yet?
You are a prime person for identity theft. Letís make a position and just above minimum wage to people with barely a high school education. They will get you name, SSN, Date of Birth and Credit Card # or banking information.
It makes you wonder if the government wants people to be victims of identity theft. But hay most of the people using the exchanges are on the far left. Be careful what you wish for-for you might get it!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1007014 Oct 18, 2013
Looks like Eman will hit 26,000 posts tonight! At 30 seconds a post this works out to 216 hours! This no-life loser will have spent almost six 40 hour weeks whining about how Obama has ruined his miserable life.
Go figure.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007015 Oct 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So Galt, how do you eliminate pre-existing conditions without a mandate.
charge a premium commensurate with the risk....

Location hidden

#1007016 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
"The Republican Party purposefully got us into this mess, and Obama got us out the best he could. He deserves a thank you, and a pat on the back.
After years of watching him concede points to the GOP in the name of compromise and "bipartisan" negotiations, the president finally dug in his heels and refused to give an inch. The result? A resounding victory for him and his party. The Republican Party spent three weeks trying to get something, anything, out of Obama for shutting down the government and bringing the debt ceiling to the brink, but they ended up with nothing. Zilch. In the childish game of chicken that was this shutdown, the president held steady and the GOP flinched first. He stood up for his policies and his party and ceded not an inch. He finally gave his supporters a reason to be proud, instead of coming out with his tail between his legs, saying we had to give up some big things to get a little of what we wanted. Nope, this time we got exactly what we wanted."
"Let's be clear: there are no winners here," Obama said in remarks to the press the morning after he signed the legislation that reopened the government. But make no mistake: this was a victory speech. Before this, the president was great at winning elections and losing policy battles. Under his guise of compromise, the sequester cuts essentially became the standing norm for government spending. But this time he came to the table having learned something. He realized every time he gave up ground to the GOP they would only demand more. So he stopped. Every time the GOP came up with plan that included something they wanted, Obama was right there promising a veto. And lo and behold, it worked...."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/68711/a-rea...
<spam>
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007017 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you're too stupid for me to waste any more time with.
No wait I'll add that__Taylor Swift is worth over one hundred million in real today dollars because why?
Jay Z has hundreds, if not thousands of employees and financial obligations that suck his net worth down to where he has to combine Beyonce's income to remain relevant.
Taylor Swift shops for antiques___while Jay Z works his ballz off for other folks.
Midnight Train to Georgia__one of the most popular songs in R&B history was written by some white dude named Jim Weatherly, Bob Seger's biggest hit, Against the Wind was written by a black dude named Maurice Williams. Neither song followed it's intended message.
Go figure.
You're lost on this stuff pal__stick with your RW posting pals.
another racist post from Realtime, dissin' a brutha...

in an age where all music is widely pirated, the only way to make money is by performing...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1007018 Oct 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
more fun to watch them post to each other.
So say's Patrick posting under ten split personalities today.

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1007020 Oct 18, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Looks like Eman will hit 26,000 posts tonight! At 30 seconds a post this works out to 216 hours! This no-life loser will have spent almost six 40 hour weeks whining about how Obama has ruined his miserable life.
Go figure.
A bad attitude is like a flat tire Patrick, you can't go anywhere until you fix it!!

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#1007021 Oct 18, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Go figure.
<spam>
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1007022 Oct 18, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Go figure.
He's a software douche who can tell you all about how search engines work__not much else though.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1007023 Oct 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And it was about time too!
And his supporters expect him to do the exact same thing come January.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1007024 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He's a software douche who can tell you all about how search engines work__not much else though.
LOL.. You're so full of shit, your azz leaks idiot... Realtime say's there is No God, yet google acts like one.. Praise Google. Allah Akbar!

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1007025 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And his supporters expect him to do the exact same thing come January.
Someday you will find yourself old woman and wished you hadn't...

It's the culyure...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1007026 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing worse than the websites are the insurance policies sold under ObamaKKKare...when people find out the details, they will revolt....
Obama will call for major changes in the program before the next election...higher taxes, lower premiums, lower deductibles, lower copays...
The only reason people might wince at the details is because they have never had insurance before and were expecting a freebie. Co-pays and deductibles are in line with off network insurance. As soon as they realize that, they will sign up. After all, most of these people are getting subsidies to offset the high premiums. That will be a non issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 min Concerned_American 352
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min JOEL 70,085
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 29 min reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min grave digger 47,497
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Grand Birther 179,351
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 48 min LittlejigsRPigs 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]