Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
925,221 - 925,240 of 1,079,622 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm taking a survey starting with you.
Do you think big government is the solution to all of our problems?
Yes? No?
It's a dumb survey.

You were for the War in Iraq so is it safe to say you think War is the solution to all the world's problems?

Of course if you say yes then I stand corrected, it's an excellent survey and my answer is: no.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your healthcare worth risking on a crappy Network/INFRASTRUCTURE?
really?
Obama exploded a health care system 75% of Americans were happy with for 2% of the population.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer works for a tech company, it's actually pretty impressive. The ACA website is impressive too.
You work as a Topix fluffer!!!!!!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Recent prison breaks have bolstered al Qaeda's ranks, while feelings of Sunni marginalization and the chaos caused by the civil war in neighboring Syria are fueling its comeback.
"Nobody is able to control this situation," said Ali, who watches over a Sunni graveyard that sprang up next to the hallowed Abu Hanifa mosque in 2006, when sectarian fighting threatened to engulf Iraq in all-out civil war.
"We are not safe in the coffee shops or mosques, not even in soccer fields," he continued, rattling off some of the targets hit repeatedly in recent months.
The pace of the killing accelerated significantly following a deadly crackdown by security forces on a camp for Sunni protesters in the northern town of Hawija in April. United Nations figures show 712 people died violently in Iraq that month, at the time the most since 2008.
The monthly death toll hasn't been that low since. September saw 979 killed.
Al Qaeda does not have a monopoly on violence in Iraq, a country where most households have at least one assault rifle tucked away. Other Sunni militants, including the Army of the Men of the Naqshabandi Order, which has ties to members of Saddam Hussein's now-outlawed Baath party, also carry out attacks, as do Shiite militias that are remobilizing as the violence escalates.
But al Qaeda's indiscriminate waves of car bombs and suicide attacks, often in civilian areas, account for the bulk of the bloodshed.
69 PHOTOS
Iraq invasion: 10 years later
At least 42 people were killed in new wave of bombings in mostly Shiite-majority cities on Sunday.
The group earlier this year renamed itself the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, highlighting its cross-border ambitions. It is playing a more active military role alongside other predominantly Sunni rebels in the fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, and its members have carried out attacks against Syrians near the porous border inside Iraq.
The United States believes the group's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is now operating from Syria.
"Given the security vacuum, it makes sense for him to do that," said Paul Floyd, a military analyst at global intelligence company Stratfor who served several U.S. Army tours in Iraq. He said the unrest in Syria could be making it even easier for al Qaeda to get its hands on explosives for use in Iraq.
"We know Syrian military stocks have fallen into the hands of rebels. There's nothing to preclude some of that stuff flowing across the border," he said.
Iraqi officials acknowledge the group is growing stronger.
Al Qaeda has begun actively recruiting more young Iraqi men to take part in suicide missions after years of relying primarily on foreign volunteers, according to two intelligence officials. They said al-Baghdadi has issued orders calling for 50 attacks per week, which if achieved would mark a significant escalation.
One of the officials estimated that al Qaeda now has at least 3,000 trained fighters in Iraq alone, including some 100 volunteers awaiting orders to carry out suicide missions. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to disclose intelligence information.
A study released this month by the Washington-based Institute for the Study of War said al Qaeda in Iraq has emerged as "an extremely vigorous, resilient, and capable organization" that can operate as far south as Iraq's Persian Gulf port of Basra.
The group "has reconstituted as a professional military force capable of planning, training, resourcing and executing synchronized and complex attacks in Iraq," author Jessica Lewis added.
The study found that al Qaeda was able to carry out 24 separate attacks involving waves of six or more car bombs on a single day during a one-year period that coincided with the terror group's "Breaking the Walls" campaign, which ended in July.
The Bush legacy continues...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Nat Webb wrote:
Where are we going????
Why are we all in this handbasket?
It is getting warm in here since Mr. Obama picked up the handbasket ...
"Where are we going????"

To hell in a bucket, and I'm not enjoying the ride.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the head of the agency admitted that he ordered the web site opened on time even though his staff told him that it was not ready...
how can you possibly say that being unable to find out the doctors and hospitals in the various networks is a "minor glitch"???
"Obstetricians labeled as ophthalmologists and the wrong doctors described as fluent in Russian and Farsi" is a glitch and a minor fix. Just be patient.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-exchang...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the shelf-life of it's "Bush's fault" did have an expiration date.
lol! Let me know when his responsibility for invading a sovereign country for no reason at all expires son....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You remember Dan Quayle and can you imagine muffin lady Sarah Palin? <shudder>
Jesus, thank God for Joe Biden.
Exactly. Where would we get our comic relief without Joe Biden?

"I promise you, the president has a big stick! I promise you!"

The crowd laughed but not sure if poor Joe ever knew why.

Just like when candidate Barack Obama said, "I've been to 57 states so far with two to go - not counting Hawaii."

He probably didn't know why the crowd laughed either.

But gotta love ole' Joe.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
So the Tea Baggers took 24 billion out of the economy, set fire to the Republican party and you're all back on Topix to whine about Obama.
Some things never change.
You know what's really impressive? They did it all by not doing anything at all!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep following the buffalo in front of you, Homer.
Just try to stop before you go over the cliff...without getting run over by the buffalo behind you.
The lead buffaloes, Obama and Reid, know where they're going.
I see a lot of t-p'ers at the bottom of the cliff son.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"sown"???
remember that Hillary had a lock on 2008 and was beaten by an unknown...
You Man the same unknown that gave an inspiring speech that, eventually opened the door for his run at the presidency back in 2004, at the Democratic Convention? That nobody sure turned out to be somebody! Unlike the nobody y'all overhyped as VP in 08 or, the nobody y'all presented as presidential material in 2012! There's an old church song that goes

I'm just a nobody
trying to tell everybody
about somebody, who can change anybody

Talk about prophecy! Obama's election dominations made the good better &, those with bad hearts show their true colors. Which side so you belong to?

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you keep insisting on denying the IRS is overseeing Obamacare, who do YOU think is overseeing it?
The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) oversees the implementation of the provisions related to private health insurance.

http://cms.gov/CCIIO/
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

If you have both hands on the teat it makes it real hard to spike the football!!!!!!!!

"White House: Obamacare 'Great News'ó56,000 Added to Medicaid in Oregon"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/white-hou...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

FYI

The flags at the U.S. Capitol Flags are being lowered to half-staff to honor late Speaker Tom Foley (D-WA) who died at age 84.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and Hispanics you dumbass...
I can explain it to you. I can't comprehend it for you idiot...
https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...
It's the culture...
It's FACEBOOK you twit. Nobody cares.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Ah Fox News. I was wondering why all the lemmings were fired up this morning, some of their headlines -

OBAMACARE WOES
- Insurers get faulty data
from glitch-riddled website

- Obamacare site wasn't tested until week before launch

Tell you what folks, for those of you using Internet Explorer go in to advanced settings and check the box to 'show a notification for every javascript error' and then surf the web and see how many you get, you can even go to your beloved Fox News site where you will get about a dozen before you can get the home page to load.

Topix throws errors all the time.

Technically speaking these are glitches.

Trust me it will get very annoying and you will soon be unchecking that button very shortly.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think posting on threads is a political activity or just fun.
A. Just Fun
B. Political Activity
----------
Do Carol's posts
A. Help the GOP
B. Help the Democrats
I'm taking the survey if you don't mind.

Do you think big government is the solution to all of our problems?

Yes? No?

(I have the time to conduct these surveys since retiring.)

Now please answer the question.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Let me know when his responsibility for invading a sovereign country for no reason at all expires son....
December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

John Kerry:- "I voted for the war, before I voted against it"...

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but the defunding part was soon dropped.
Do you know the only two changes in Obamacare the Republicans settled on and asked for to avoid a shutdown?
I'd really like to know if you know this.
There is only one. Since the "hub" already links to the IRS to verify income eligibility. The only change is that the HHS Secretary write a letter explaining what her department is already doing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Thank goodness for Science!

Fracking leads to automobile combustion!

In Canada!

"40 arrested after New Brunswick anti-fracking protest turns violent"

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/a...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 174,595
Abby 7-24 42 min pde 41
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 67,922
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,777
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 2 hr Yeah 14
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didnít Protect ... 2 hr Yeah 4
Amy 7-24 6 hr Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search