Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006654 Oct 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you want to act like an irresponsible child whose ego was more important than an actual functioning system would anyone try to hoist something that was so terribly flawed on the American voter.
Congratulations a perfect description of the Tea Baggers. We are all aware of just what you greedy fanatical hypocrites are really about. If they were real AMericans they would have been working with Obama on cleaning up all the messes they left.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006655 Oct 18, 2013
The real definition of EBT...

"The benefit system just right out delivers the message to the mob mentality –
E (Every) B (body) T (take)"

Random Poster
Barbara
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1006656 Oct 18, 2013
That's what happens when radicals gone wild!

Boehner was ‘overrun,’ Geithner’s boost to bank stocks and other morning reads
October 18, 2013, 9:12 AM

Politico reports that President Barack Obama took House Speaker John Boehner aside at the White House on Oct. 2, as the Republican wanted a quiet smoke.“John, what happened?” Obama reportedly asked.“I got overrun, that’s what happened,” Boehner was alleged to respond....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006657 Oct 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Does it even matter who they run? After this latest Republican debacle the Dems have pretty much sown up the next presidential election.
"sown"???

remember that Hillary had a lock on 2008 and was beaten by an unknown...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1006658 Oct 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
taxing the population to provide the insurance is the rub. So homer, what percentage of your income needs to be spent on taxes before you start bitching?
We're at 65% now I believe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006659 Oct 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican Civil War Erupts: Business Groups v. Tea Party
A battle for control of the Republican Party has erupted as an emboldened Tea Party moved to oust senators who voted to reopen the government while business groups mobilized to defeat allies of the small-government movement.
“We are going to get engaged,” said Scott Reed, senior political strategist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.“The need is now more than ever to elect people who understand the free market and not silliness.” The chamber spent $35.7 million on federal elections in 2012, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a Washington-based group that tracks campaign spending.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-18/repu...
the Chamber of Commerce types are the biggest advocates of crony capitalism and government subsidies...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006660 Oct 18, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Following the Bush withdraw timetable. I thought you were against the Iraq War, did you want to go back and refight it now?
Bush has gotten us into basically 2 never-ending wars, the war in Afghanistan and the War on Terror which I suppose now includes Irag of course there wasn't much of an Al Queda presence in Iraq until we invaded.
wow. If you ask homer who flew the planes into the world trade center he will say "bush".

<homer officially gets dumbest post of the day award>

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1006661 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Al Qaeda has come roaring back in Iraq since U.S. troops left in late 2011 and now looks stronger than it has in years. Who was president in 2011?
Obama was the president.

Obama needed to impress his base before the 2012 elections.

Obama withdrew all troops in Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.

Obama was warned by Iraqi military and American military not to withdraw all troops from Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.

Obama didn't care about the sacrifices of blood and treasure in Iraq and ignored military advise to impress his base before the 2012 elections.

Obama wanted to win the election at all costs in 2012.

History will not be kind to Obama.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006662 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Here again we have an old incontinent traitor called ghost constantly banging his gums and keyboard complaining about others, dishonoring America's Veterans and War heroes...
God. What a sorry ass life you have, little old man...
It's the culture...
So says the squeaky little high pitched voice from the very back of the room, as the one nut freak screams for attention. Thanks again for being a dumb bagger.
LCNLin

United States

#1006663 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a metaphor.
But it's not that much of a stretch to compare the majority with children nowadays.
Children can't see danger ahead. That's why they need adults to protect them from themselves.
Kind of accurate, actually.
Alas some positive news

California is one of two states taking advantage of a new financing option made available under the Affordable Care Act to support community-based, long-term care services.

The Community First Choice Option, or CFCO, allows participating states to secure an increase of six percentage points in the federal share of the federal-state Medicaid funding partnership for home- and community-based attendant services to beneficiaries who otherwise would need institutional care.

California was the first state to adopt CFCO last fall. Oregon followed suit a few months ago, and six other states have either submitted plans to participate or intend to submit plans by the end of fiscal year 2014.

In California, officials are using the new financing authority to draw down increased federal matching funds for the In-Home Supportive Services program.

Diane Justice, senior program director for the National Academy for State Health Policy, said CFCO was a natural fit for California because the state did not need to significantly modify IHSS to capture the enhanced federal match. She said IHSS "really didn't have to make any major changes at all in the types of services they provided or the way that they provided them."

Like California, Oregon had an existing long-term care infrastructure that facilitated the adoption of CFCO. Oregon previously used waivers as a primary financing vehicle for home- and community-based support services. To draw down the higher matching funds through CFCO, Oregon simply rolled over some of its existing waiver services to a new program.

With the federal government offering a higher Medicaid matching rate, why aren't more states taking advantage of CFCO?

Justice said many states are concerned about the cost of such programs. However, she noted that disability advocates are hopeful that the data collected through CFCO will demonstrate that home- and community-based services are less costly in the long run than institutional care.

In addition, Justice noted that California and Oregon are unique in having such a robust infrastructure for attendant services and supports. For states without that infrastructure, "it's going to be a heavy lift," she said.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006664 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"sown"???
remember that Hillary had a lock on 2008 and was beaten by an unknown...
Wanna bet your one remaining rather small nut on it?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006665 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...
"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."
It's the culture...
Who the hell is "Carole Pratt"? Could be you for all we know. That said, Humana's earnings fell 14 percent last year and their shares sank 22 percent. This move (if it is true) has nothing to do with Obamacare.

Besides, under the 80/20 Hermana must provide proof that 80 cents out of every premium dollar is used to pay for medical claims and activities. I doubt seriously that they can justify tripling premiums.

I did read a story that one family on Hermana received a notice that their monthly premium for their family of four was increasing from $333 to $965. Knowing what I know about insurance, there is absolutely no way a family of four was only paying $333 for health insurance. Something doesn't add up.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006666 Oct 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
That's what happens when radicals gone wild!
Boehner was ‘overrun,’ Geithner’s boost to bank stocks and other morning reads
October 18, 2013, 9:12 AM
Politico reports that President Barack Obama took House Speaker John Boehner aside at the White House on Oct. 2, as the Republican wanted a quiet smoke.“John, what happened?” Obama reportedly asked.“I got overrun, that’s what happened,” Boehner was alleged to respond....
you guys love that establishment.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1006667 Oct 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
their like used car salesmen. Promise low monthly payment but require a large down payment just to get stuck with a lemon.
... or realtors ... or mortgage brokers .... or banking loan officers .... or investment bankers

My, it's a virtual industry within industries!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006668 Oct 18, 2013
Defeating evil racist whitey costs $11m...

"Democrat ‘Rising Star’ Cory Booker Spent $11 Million to Vanquish ‘Tea Party Candidate’ By 11 Points"

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/democrat-rising-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1006669 Oct 18, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. If you ask homer who flew the planes into the world trade center he will say "bush".
<homer officially gets dumbest post of the day award>
Is it fair to say bushie boy let it happen son? Especially since Condi Rice claimed to be at battle stations in August?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1006670 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> We're at 65% now I believe.
I'm expecting homer to talk about his income tax like a good sheep. We realize taxes are everywhere and we're fed up with it.
LCNLin

United States

#1006671 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
From all the frustrating stories I've been hearing, it's doubtful a significant number will come back to sign up again.
According to the article I posted last night, even if they finally do get on, the number of choices are so overwhelming and the questions so exhaustive, many are going to give up anyway.
How could anyone not see how crazy this is?
People looking for health insurance will stick around until things are ironed out.
Is this the reason for your one thousand posts on Obamacare :-)
LCNLin

United States

#1006672 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was the president.
Obama needed to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama withdrew all troops in Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama was warned by Iraqi military and American military not to withdraw all troops from Iraq too soon to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama didn't care about the sacrifices of blood and treasure in Iraq and ignored military advise to impress his base before the 2012 elections.
Obama wanted to win the election at all costs in 2012.
History will not be kind to Obama.
2012 taking points that seemed to have failed even though you posted this stuff a year and a half or more ago.
Have a good morning
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006673 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I served they are the ones that send me my $1,000 a month check, and my tri-care along with a few other perks..
Captain Ghost age 77.. America's traitor, always coming back for more "BLAMING" others for his addiction to idiot, selling out America's war heroes, the military, Veterans and those that actually served...

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 min Grau 68,569
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Earthling-1 47,083
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min Jonah1 50,078
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 48 min Nono 4,060
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 1 hr Le Jimbo 6
Amy 10-2 1 hr he who knows 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,625
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 98,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]