Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,247)

Showing posts 924,921 - 924,940 of1,078,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
headlines

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

ANTICHRIST & ISRAEL at table in negotiations ---

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
will not matter if the land beneath is washed away....
So you figure New Jersey is going to wash away? I better get over there and tell em....
Nat Turner

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you figure New Jersey is going to wash away? I better get over there and tell em....
Everywhere in New Jersey except Voorhees and Camden!

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait 'till your employer dumps your coverage and you go to the exchange and your rates are tripled. This would be really funny if it weren't so sad.....
Barack and the dems could f up an orgy.....
So, why hasn't your employer dumped your health benefits before?

The truth is that companies could always end benefits.

So why didn't they?

Because they were part of their compensation for their employees. Just ending health benefits would be like cutting your pay.

This idea you frickin morons that companies would just dump health plans is beyond ridiculous.

Companies do have the option of using the exchanges with the possibility of getting help to buy policies. They also have the option of providing a stipend for employees to buy their own policies in place of a policy.

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
given that almost nobody has been successful in purchasing insurance, what makes you think that volume will decrease?...unless people just give up and say WTF....
one problem with Covered California is that the site won't let you browse for information unless you submit your personal data, not the way folks use websites.....
So, Galt, did you pay for your january coverage yet?

A smart shopper goes on the site, look at the best options. The then study those plans & compare it to what is available outside the exchanges. Some found what they wanted & paid. Some enrolled to pay later.

I looked at he exchanges for my employees. noted three possible plans. Will study these plans & discuss it with my insurance agent.

If you are a small business owner, the number of employees affect your rates substantially. Over half of all businesses have 9 or fewer employees.

When you go onto the exchanges as an employer, the number of employees is not relevant.
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

United States pro-choice movement
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Pro choice)
Jump to: navigation, search
Page semi-protected
Albert Wynn and Gloria Feldt on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court to rally for legal abortion on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade

The United States pro-choice movement (also known as the United States abortion-rights movement) is a sociopolitical movement in the United States supporting the view that a woman should have the legal right to elective abortion, meaning the right to terminate her pregnancy. The pro-choice movement includes a variety of organizations, with no single centralized decision-making body.[1] There are diverse arguments and rationales for the pro-choice stance.

A key point in abortion rights in the United States was the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade, which struck down most state laws restricting abortion[2][3] which decriminalized and legalized elective abortion in various states.

Yet, with women’s health under siege, Emily’s List has seen its membership soar from 180,000 to more than 2 million since 2009. It raised $52 million in the 2012 election cycle and now has staff in both Washingtons. Ex-Gov. Christine Gregoire helped raise money for Emily’s List here Wednesday night.

The state of Texas now has a severely restrictive abortion law, with such provisions as requiring all abortion-performing physicians to have hospital admission privileges within 30 miles of the towns where they practice. If courts let the law take effect, vast areas of west and north Texas will be without clinics providing abortion — as well as such health services as contraception and breast cancer screening.

Out of the Texas debate, however, has come a promising Democratic candidate for governor: State Sen. Wendy Davis stayed on her feet for an 11-hour filibuster that blocked the anti-abortion bill and forced Texas Gov. Rick Perry to call the Legislature into another special session.

“In Texas, you have to have someone as big as Texas. Wendy Davis is,” said Schriock.“It will not be an easy race. The demographics are moving our way. Are they moving fast enough?”

Until the mid-1980s, the U.S. Senate had few women, usually the widows of senators or spouses serving out the term of a deceased senator. Emily’s List had its first triumph with the 1986 election of Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md. Mikulski is now chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

Emily’s List has helped elect 19 senators — including Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.— as well as 101 House members. The election of Rep. Jolene Unsoeld, D-Wash., in 1988 was one of its first victories.

WOMEN THAT BELEIVE IN THIS, WELCOME TO THE REAL HELL
THAT IS COMMING!the only escape is accept Jesus
Christ as your Lord and Savior.

I can see Jesus comming soon USA is getting more Wicked every Day,When the Patience of God runs out
there is going to be Hell to be paid!
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

"What does the Bible say about child sacrifice?"
Answer: The horrific practice of child sacrifice has been committed throughout the world for thousands of years. Generally, the sacrifice of a child was intertwined with the worship of a pagan deity, often a fertility god. Worshipers sought to obtain a blessing from their god(s) or to confirm or complete a vow taken in the name of the god.
Ancient Aztecs, Incas, and a few other peoples in South and Central America practiced child sacrifice. The same for the Druids of Europe. The city of Carthage in North Africa contains evidence of child sacrifice related to the worship of Ba’al Hammon, a god imported from Phoenicia. Many Roman writers refer to this barbaric act in Carthage.
The Bible contains the heart-breaking tale of child sacrifice practiced in the name of Molech (also spelled Moloch or Molek), a god of the Ammonites. Molech worship was practiced by the Ammonites and Canaanites, who revered Molech as a protecting father figure. Images of Molech were made of bronze, and their outstretched arms were heated red-hot. Living children were then placed into the idol’s hands and died there or were rolled into a fire pit below. Some sources indicate a child might also be “passed through the fire” prior to the actual sacrifice in order to purify or baptize the child. Molech worship occurred in the Hinnom Valley near Jerusalem. Because of this, the valley became associated with the idea of Tophet, or hell (Isaiah 30:33; Jeremiah 19:12; Mark 9:45).
God prohibited Israel from child sacrifice in general and Molech worship in particular. Leviticus 20:2-5 states,“Say to the Israelites:‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing in Israel who sacrifices any of his children to Molek is to be put to death. The members of the community are to stone him. I myself will set my face against him and will cut him off from his people; for by sacrificing his children to Molek, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. If the members of the community close their eyes when that man sacrifices one of his children to Molek and if they fail to put him to death, I myself will set my face against him and his family and will cut them off from their people together with all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molek.’” Many other Old Testament passages affirm God’s zero-tolerance for child sacrifice.
Sadly, King Solomon became involved in this horrendous practice, as recorded in 1 Kings 11:4-11,“As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been. He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites. So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the LORD.... On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites.... The LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the LORD’s command.”
Later, the evil king Manassah offered his own son as a sacrifice (2 Kings 21:6), as did King Ahaz (2 Chronicles 28:1-4). The people of Judah participated in this crime against their own sons—a sin so “detestable” that God said it had never even crossed His mind (Jeremiah 32:35). There is also a correlation between child sacrifice and modern-day abortion. Unprecedented numbers of children have been “sacrificed” at the hands of abortionists for the sake of convenience, immorality, or pride. Hundreds of thousands of babies have been killed so that their parents can maintain a certain lifestyle. God hates “hands that shed innocent blood”(Proverbs 6:17), and we can be sure that God will judge this horrendous sin.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/child-sacrifice.h...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Why are Christians pro-life when it comes to abortion while at the same time in favor of the death penalty and supportive of war?"

Answer: The primary problem with this question is that it attempts to create a moral equivalency between abortion, the death penalty / capital punishment, and war. There is absolutely nothing equivalent about an innocent baby’s life being taken in the womb and a convicted murderer being executed. A baby in the womb has committed no crime. The death penalty should be, and in most cases is, employed only with the most evil of crimes. It was God who ordained the death penalty (Genesis 9:6), and it is God who gives governments the authority to enforce the death penalty (Romans 13:1-7). It is entirely consistent to believe that the life of an innocent baby in the womb should be protected while believing that the perpetuators of the most heinous of crimes should be executed.

In regards to war, the idea that Christians are “pro-war” is not accurate. No Christian should ever be a proponent of war. But at the same time, there are some instances in which war is the best option, as demonstrated by the many wars and battles recorded in Scripture (see the book of Joshua as an example). Christians should only be in favor of a “just war.” It can always be debated whether a certain war is just, but for the Bible-believing Christian, the belief that war is never the proper recourse is not a valid viewpoint.

Christians should be consistently pro-life. However, being pro-life does not necessitate being anti-death in all circumstances. If one person murders another person, the just penalty is to end the life of the murderer. This actually upholds the value of life. Anyone who violates life in premeditated murder should be put to death – proclaiming clear support for the value of life. The same can be true with war. War, while never a pleasant choice, in the right “just war” circumstances, actually preserves more life than it ends. Sometimes the best way to uphold the value of life is to end the lives of those seeking to destroy life.

In summary, it is entirely consistent for Christians to be pro-life when it comes to abortion and at the same time to support the death penalty and wars that are clearly just.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/pro-life-war-deat...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

"Is it possible to be Christian and pro-choice at the same time?"

Answer: Abortion has been a hotly debated topic in American culture for the past forty years. Proponents on both sides wave statistics and viewpoints that many sincerely believe to be the only right way. For the sake of clarity, let's define the terms “pro-choice” and “pro-life.” For the purposes of this article,“pro-choice” will be defined as “the belief that a woman should have the legal right to abort her unborn child at any point in the pregnancy.” Pro-choice advocates believe abortion is a personal decision and should not be limited by the government or anyone else.“Pro-life” will be defined as “the belief that every human life is sacred and no one, including the mother, has the right to end an innocent life.” Pro-life advocates hold the view that life from the moment of conception should be protected.

So, should a Christian be pro-choice or pro-life? A Christian, according to the Bible, is someone who has accepted God's offer of forgiveness through Jesus' death and resurrection. Salvation is a gift of God through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ (John 3:16-18; Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9). What we believe about other things is a matter of growth, not of salvation. However, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." When we give our lives to Christ, He begins to change us: our way of thinking and our way of behaving (see Isaiah 55:7). Our bodies become the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19). Our minds are renewed through the truth of God's Word (Romans 12:1-2). Our attitudes, perspectives, and behaviors gradually change to be more like those of Christ (Romans 8:29; Galatians 5:22).

This transformation doesn't happen overnight. Many Christians are still what the apostle Paul called "carnal" (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Romans 8:6). Carnal Christians trust in Jesus for salvation, but they still think, act, and react like the world. Often, they are new to the faith or simply have not allowed the Holy Spirit free access to every area of their hearts. They are trying to live the Christian life in their own strength, while still being heavily influenced by the world's way of thinking. The carnal mind has not been fully renewed by the Word of God and still seeks compromise with the world (James 4:4). Carnal Christians allow the persuasive viewpoints of the ungodly to sway their opinions on many things, including abortion. Spiritual growth requires us to shed our old ways of thinking as we become more like Christ. We begin to see things the way God does, and the closer to Him we become, the less we agree with the world's system (Psalm 1:1-2). If a person continually refuses to allow the Word of God to transform his thinking, chances are great that he is not really a Christian (Romans 8:14)

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-pro-cho...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Pro-choice advocates state that the Bible does not address abortion, so the decision should be the individual’s. While it is true that the term "abortion" does not appear in the Bible, the principles about the value of life are there. In Exodus 21:22-23, God wrote into His Law protection for the unborn. If a pregnant woman was injured, causing her to lose her child, then the one who caused the injury was to be executed: "a life for a life." The phrase "life for a life" says a lot. God considers the life of the unborn just as valuable as that of a grown man.

God said to Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you" (Jeremiah 1:5). It was God who created him for a specific purpose. Psalm 139:13-16 gives us the clearest picture of God's viewpoint on the unborn. David writes, "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.... My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret....Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

The Bible is clear that all human life is created by God for His purpose and His pleasure (Colossians 1:16), and a Christian who truly wants to know the heart of God must align his or her viewpoint with God's. When we start justifying evil according to our understanding, we dilute the truth of God's Word. When we rename adultery an "affair," homosexuality an "alternative lifestyle," and murder of the unborn a "choice," we are headed for serious trouble. We cannot redefine what it means to follow Christ. Jesus said we must first "deny ourselves" (Matthew 16:24; Luke 9:23). Part of denying ourselves is letting go of comfortable lies the world has fed us. We have to let go of our own understanding and allow God to change us (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Some pro-choice advocates argue that they are not pro-abortion. They say they hate abortion, but support a woman's right to choose. This makes as much sense as saying that you personally hate rape, but support a man's right to commit it. The rhetoric sounds nice—the mention of “choice” makes it more appealing—but underneath is a direct conflict with God's viewpoint in Scripture.

Pro-choice advocates often state that their position is "compassionate" and that pro-lifers don't care about the woman or her child. This argument is a red herring. Whether pro-lifers “care” or not is irrelevant, just as it is irrelevant whether those opposed to robbery “care” about the banks being robbed. Robbery is against God's moral law. So is abortion. And that’s the issue.

The Bible is clear: since God is the Creator of human life, only He can determine who lives or dies. And every person who claims the name of Christ has the obligation to make certain his or her views line up with His Word. Is it possible for a born-again Christian to be pro-choice? Yes. Is it likely that such a person will remain pro-choice? Not if he or she is allowing God’s Word to transform and renew his or her mind (Romans 12:2).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-pro-cho...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's started. Many places here on the East coast, either ocean side or river side, are required for new or previously flooded properties to be re-built on stilts or high block walls.
Here too. All places that flood should be required to do so or expect no help from the government.
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

"How can a woman experience healing and recovery after an abortion?"

Answer: Sad to say, having an abortion and regretting it later is an all-too-common experience. While what has been done cannot be undone, women can experience healing and recovery after an abortion. The God of all comfort and healing is more than able to ease the sorrow and pain of an abortion and can restore women to life and joy.

Although children are always a blessing, they do not always arrive under the most blessed of circumstances. One of the consequences of pre-marital sex is often the conception of an unwanted child. This can be a frightening experience for someone who is not financially, emotionally, or physically prepared for such a responsibility. Many women and teenage girls who decide to seek an abortion are scared, confused, desperate, and extremely vulnerable. In their search for answers, they are fooled into believing that unborn children are expendable "lumps of tissue," not really pre-born human beings. Often this revelation comes later, in the form of post-abortion stress syndrome, guilt, and depression.

There is good news for anyone who has had an abortion, and that is that God offers forgiveness to anyone who asks for it. Romans 3:22 says, "We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done." It is never too late to come to God for healing. There is nothing we can do that is so bad it is unforgivable. God offers this forgiveness, and He also offers peace of mind and heart, if we will only receive it by putting our faith in the Christ, Jesus, allowing Him permanent residence and authority in our lives.

Some women who are already Christians also find themselves in situations where they may decide to have an abortion, perhaps out of fear of how they will be perceived by the Christian community when their choice of having pre-marital sex is profoundly evident. Even if the Christian woman knows how God feels about abortion, she may feel, out of desperation, that she must get rid of the "evidence." This is perhaps, in part, the responsibility of the church, which may not support women in this situation as well as we should. It is important to assure these women that although God does not approve of their actions, He is ready to offer forgiveness and redemption. The same is true for a Christian woman that has had an abortion. Yes, it is wrong, it is the taking of a life, but it is not unforgivable. The Bible says that there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1), and so when we ask Him for forgiveness, He freely gives it. This is not because we deserve it, but because this is the loving nature of our Lord.

When a woman realizes the repercussions of having an abortion, she may find it difficult to forgive herself. But God does not want us to live with perpetual guilt; He wants us to learn from our mistakes and use them to His advantage, as well as our own. It will require a lot of prayer, which is simply conversation with God. This and studying the Bible help us get to know God better so that we can trust Him to heal us and be better equipped to do His work. Instead of dwelling on the act, a woman should be encouraged to use her experience to help others. She may first need to go through Christian counseling to help get through the experience, as it can be traumatic. But in the aftermath, if she trusts in the Lord, she will be stronger and more spiritually mature. She will have gone through an experience that God is able to use to strengthen her character and prepare her for ministering to others.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/abortion-healing-...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

When is the Rapture going to occur in relation to the Tribulation?"

Answer: The timing of the rapture in relation to the tribulation is one of the most controversial issues in the church today. The three primary views are pre-tribulational (the rapture occurs before the tribulation), mid-tribulational (the rapture occurs at or near the mid-point of the tribulation), and post-tribulational (the rapture occurs at the end of the tribulation). A fourth view, commonly known as pre-wrath, is a slight modification of the mid-tribulational position.

First, it is important to recognize the purpose of the tribulation. According to Daniel 9:27, there is a seventieth “seven”(seven years) that is still yet to come. Daniel’s entire prophecy of the seventy sevens (Daniel 9:20-27) is speaking of the nation of Israel. It is a time period in which God focuses His attention especially on Israel. The seventieth seven, the tribulation, must also be a time when God deals specifically with Israel. While this does not necessarily indicate that the church could not also be present, it does bring into question why the church would need to be on the earth during that time.

The primary Scripture passage on the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. It states that all living believers, along with all believers who have died, will meet the Lord Jesus in the air and will be with Him forever. The rapture is God’s removing His people from the earth. A few verses later, in 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul says,“For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” The book of Revelation, which deals primarily with the time period of the tribulation, is a prophetic message of how God will pour out His wrath upon the earth during the tribulation. It seems inconsistent for God to promise believers that they will not suffer wrath and then leave them on the earth to suffer through the wrath of the tribulation. The fact that God promises to deliver Christians from wrath shortly after promising to remove His people from the earth seems to link those two events together.

Another crucial passage on the timing of the rapture is Revelation 3:10, in which Christ promises to deliver believers from the “hour of trial” that is going to come upon the earth. This could mean two things. Either Christ will protect believers in the midst of the trials, or He will deliver believers out of the trials. Both are valid meanings of the Greek word translated “from.” However, it is important to recognize what believers are promised to be kept from. It is not just the trial, but the “hour” of trial. Christ is promising to keep believers from the very time period that contains the trials, namely the tribulation. The purpose of the tribulation, the purpose of the rapture, the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear support to the pre-tribulational position. If the Bible is interpreted literally and consistently, the pre-tribulational position is the most biblically-based interpretation.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-tribulati...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

"What are the seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls (vials) in the Book of Revelation?"

Answer: The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17, 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6-13; 11:15-19), and seven bowls/vials (Revelation 16:1-21) are three succeeding series of end-times judgments from God. The judgments get progressively worse and more devastating as the end times progress. The seven seals, trumpets, and bowls are connected to one another. The seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets (Revelation 8:1-5), and the seventh trumpet introduces the seven bowls (Revelation 11:15-19, 15:1-8).

The first four of the seven seals are known as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The first seal introduces the Antichrist (Revelation 6:1-2). The second seal causes great warfare (Revelation 6:3-4). The third of the seven seals causes famine (Revelation 6:5-6). The fourth seal brings about plague, further famine, and further warfare (Revelation 6:7-8).

The fifth seal tells us of those who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the end times (Revelation 6:9-11). God hears their cries for justice and will deliver it in His timing—in the form of the sixth seal, along with the trumpet and bowl judgments. When the sixth of the seven seals is broken, a devastating earthquake occurs, causing massive upheaval and terrible devastation—along with unusual astronomical phenomena (Revelation 6:12-14). Those who survive are right to cry out,“Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”(Revelation 6:16-17).

The seven trumpets are described in Revelation 8:6-13. The seven trumpets are the “contents” of the seventh seal (Revelation 8:1-5). The first trumpet causes hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7). The second trumpet brings about what seems to be a meteor hitting the oceans and causing the death of much of the world’s sea life (Revelation 8:8-9). The third trumpet is similar to the second, except it affects the world’s lakes and rivers instead of the oceans (Revelation 8:10-11).

The fourth of the seven trumpets causes the sun and moon to be darkened (Revelation 8:12). The fifth trumpet results in a plague of “demonic locusts” that attack and torture humanity (Revelation 9:1-11). The sixth trumpet releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21). The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath (Revelation 11:15-19, 15:1-8).

The seven bowl/vial judgments are described in Revelation 16:1-21. The seven bowl judgments are called forth by the seventh trumpet. The first bowl causes painful sores to break out on humanity (Revelation 16:2). The second bowl results in the death of every living thing in the sea (Revelation 16:3). The third bowl causes the rivers to turn into blood (Revelation 16:4-7). The fourth of the seven bowls results in the sun’s heat being intensified and causing great pain (Revelation 16:8-9). The fifth bowl causes great darkness and an intensification of the sores from the first bowl (Revelation 16:10-11). The sixth bowl results in the Euphrates River being dried up and the armies of the Antichrist being gathered together to wage the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:12-14). The seventh bowl results in a devastating earthquake followed by giant hailstones (Revelation 16:15-21).

Revelation 16:5-7 declares of God,“You are just in these judgments, you who are and who were, the Holy One, because you have so judged; for they have shed the blood of your saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.… Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are your judgments.”

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/seven-seals-trump...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Premeditated Murders wrote:
When is the Rapture going to occur in relation to the Tribulation?"
Answer: The timing of the rapture in relation to the tribulation is one of the most controversial issues in the church today. The three primary views are pre-tribulational (the rapture occurs before the tribulation), mid-tribulational (the rapture occurs at or near the mid-point of the tribulation), and post-tribulational (the rapture occurs at the end of the tribulation). A fourth view, commonly known as pre-wrath, is a slight modification of the mid-tribulational position.
First, it is important to recognize the purpose of the tribulation. According to Daniel 9:27, there is a seventieth “seven”(seven years) that is still yet to come. Daniel’s entire prophecy of the seventy sevens (Daniel 9:20-27) is speaking of the nation of Israel. It is a time period in which God focuses His attention especially on Israel. The seventieth seven, the tribulation, must also be a time when God deals specifically with Israel. While this does not necessarily indicate that the church could not also be present, it does bring into question why the church would need to be on the earth during that time.
The primary Scripture passage on the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. It states that all living believers, along with all believers who have died, will meet the Lord Jesus in the air and will be with Him forever. The rapture is God’s removing His people from the earth. A few verses later, in 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul says,“For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” The book of Revelation, which deals primarily with the time period of the tribulation, is a prophetic message of how God will pour out His wrath upon the earth during the tribulation. It seems inconsistent for God to promise believers that they will not suffer wrath and then leave them on the earth to suffer through the wrath of the tribulation. The fact that God promises to deliver Christians from wrath shortly after promising to remove His people from the earth seems to link those two events together.
Another crucial passage on the timing of the rapture is Revelation 3:10, in which Christ promises to deliver believers from the “hour of trial” that is going to come upon the earth. This could mean two things. Either Christ will protect believers in the midst of the trials, or He will deliver believers out of the trials. Both are valid meanings of the Greek word translated “from.” However, it is important to recognize what believers are promised to be kept from. It is not just the trial, but the “hour” of trial. Christ is promising to keep believers from the very time period that contains the trials, namely the tribulation. The purpose of the tribulation, the purpose of the rapture, the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, and the interpretation of Revelation 3:10 all give clear support to the pre-tribulational position. If the Bible is interpreted literally and consistently, the pre-tribulational position is the most biblically-based interpretation.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-tribulati...
Spare us all of your fanatical crap...In the best of all worlds there would be "NO" religions...Only the very weak minded are that fanatical.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Iraq receives Russian arms under historic deal.

The $4.3 billion deal was made in 2012 but halted quickly due to corruption__imagine that. But Russian assault helicopters and surface to air missiles are now arriving in Iraq and eventually Iraq will receive a number of fighter jets.

Meanwhile the US is still paying for that unnecessary and mismanaged exercise in futility.

Does anyone remember who got the oil???

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
turning an important national security position into an affirmative action payoff will produce dividends....
Galt thinks the only way a black person could possibly be qualified for this job would be through affirmative action.
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

"Are we living in the end times?"

Answer: The Bible prophesies of many events that will occur in the end times. These events can be categorized as natural signs, spiritual signs, sociological signs, technological signs, and political signs. We can look to what the Bible says about these things, and if the signs are present in abundance, we can be certain that we are, in fact, living in the end times.

Luke 21:11 lists some of the natural signs that will occur before Jesus’ Second Coming:“There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.” In 13 years, between 1991 and 2004, the United States alone has experienced 5 of its costliest hurricanes in history, 3 of its 4 largest tornado swarms in history, and 9 of the 10 greatest disasters as determined by FEMA. We have recently seen Hurricane Sandy, which some have called the “perfect storm.” There is a huge upswing in the prevalence of sinkholes. As for great signs from heaven, we’ve seen the Chelyabinsk meteor, which exploded over Russia, emitting a powerful shock wave. All of these events seem to be a warm up to what is coming next—“birth pangs,” as Jesus called them (Matthew 24:8).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/living-in-the-end...
Premeditated Murders

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

The Bible lists both positive and negative spiritual signs. In 2 Timothy 4:3-4 we discover that many people will follow false teachers. We see now an increase in cultic groups, heresy, deception and occultism, with many choosing to follow new age or pagan religions. On the positive side, Joel 2:28-29 prophesies that there will be a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Joel’s prophecy was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:16), and we are still seeing the effects of that outpouring in revivals and Spirit-led Christian movements, worldwide preaching of the gospel message, and the emergence of Messianic Judaism.

Along with the signs in the natural and spiritual realms, there are signs in society. The immorality rampant in society today is a symptom of mankind’s rebellion against God. Abortion, homosexuality, drug abuse and child molestation are proof that “evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse”(2 Timothy 3:13). We are now living in a hedonistic and materialistic society. People are lovers of themselves –“looking out for number one”– and doing what is right in their own eyes. All these things, and many more, can be seen around us every day (see 2 Timothy 3:1-4).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/living-in-the-end...

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if so, why did ObamaKKKare outlaw the policies of most people who were already insured?
In order to eliminate pre-existing conditions, you need the mandate.

In order to gave a mandate, you must have a definition of qualified coverage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 924,921 - 924,940 of1,078,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min Rose of Tralee 97,515
Abby 7-23 18 min RACE 10
Amy 7-23 26 min Kuuipo 8
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 43 min Guest 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 1 hr Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 1 hr Brian Shepard 297
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••