Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383257 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1007029 Oct 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
more fun to watch them post to each other.
Especially the ones who are posting under more than one screen name. They are actually talking to themselves.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1007030 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, that's where you're wrong dummy for I can crank up a different laptop, subscribe to a proxy shield and come back here and lie myself silly or create a team of hats as some of you all have done. The Toshiba satellite L755-S5246 loaded with Windows Office 2010 is perfect for that mission and they are damn near free these days. But I don't have the time or desire to spend here in hopes of changing already damaged minds.
You know nothing of or how the internet works Realtime... and your opinions and bullshit are worthless and illiterate.

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007031 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're dumber than the NJ poster is__have you been to any movies lately bozo? Or watched any TV shows?
why would any rational person go to a movie theater when they can see the same movie at home?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007032 Oct 18, 2013
In case Liberals were not listening..

"The U.S. Constitution is less than a quarter the length of the owner's manual for a 1998 Toyota Camry, and yet it has managed to keep 300 million of the world's most unruly, passionate and energetic people safe, prosperous and free"

P.J O'Rourke

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1007033 Oct 18, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
I have just felt the first touch of the Affordable Health Care Act. I was asked today for my DOD #. The funny part was I did not know I had one and to my sha-grin I have one.(24 years did not know it) This is the worst that will happen to me I can live with this.
How many of you have had your insurance cancelled or raised so far?
Have any of you gone through one of the exchanges yet?
You are a prime person for identity theft. LetÂ’s make a position and just above minimum wage to people with barely a high school education. They will get you name, SSN, Date of Birth and Credit Card # or banking information.
It makes you wonder if the government wants people to be victims of identity theft. But hay most of the people using the exchanges are on the far left. Be careful what you wish for-for you might get it!
If you do online banking your name, SSN, Date of Birth and Credit Card # or banking information are already out there. The Sky is not Falling.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007034 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason people might wince at the details is because they have never had insurance before and were expecting a freebie. Co-pays and deductibles are in line with off network insurance. As soon as they realize that, they will sign up. After all, most of these people are getting subsidies to offset the high premiums. That will be a non issue.
the copays and deductibles are much higher than employer-sponsored group insurance...and the doctors and hospitals are paid less, so have no incentive to treat ObamaKKKare patients...unless they have no other patients...

many will never see any benefit from their premiums because they will not reach the deductible...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007035 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason people might wince at the details is because they have never had insurance before and were expecting a freebie.
imagine their reaction the first time they go to a doctor or emergency room and are charged the full amount....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1007036 Oct 18, 2013
Caption:

"GOOD GUY ROMAN EMPIRE

{picture of Coliseum}

Government shuts down 560 years ago and still allows tourists to visit monuments"
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1007037 Oct 18, 2013
facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

Trojan Horse Obamacare: The teat that's stuck in the ringer and can't back down...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

AND... If not for obamacare, the Tea Party would not have been a great success..

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1007038 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're dumber than the NJ poster is__have you been to any movies lately bozo? Or watched any TV shows?
the major TV networks are a complete wasteland...not more than two or three hours a week of worthwhile programming...

if you disagree, tell us what you like....
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007039 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of or how the internet works Realtime... and your opinions and bullshit are worthless and illiterate.
It's the culture...
What a rats ass you are, do you not even have a life? Spewing one dumb post after the other is your idia of having fun..Low life and no life that be you draft dodging butt breath.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1007040 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
charge a premium commensurate with the risk....
We had that...it didn't work.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1007041 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rats ass you are, do you not even have a life? Spewing one dumb post after the other is your idia of having fun..Low life and no life that be you draft dodging butt breath.
Judy and Bob Lawson said hello...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1007043 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the copays and deductibles are much higher than employer-sponsored group insurance...and the doctors and hospitals are paid less, so have no incentive to treat ObamaKKKare patients...unless they have no other patients...
many will never see any benefit from their premiums because they will not reach the deductible...
They get a benefit just by having health insurance. Co-pays are low compared to what someone would pay without insurance and the deductible only applies to prescriptions and office visits...not hospitalization.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1007045 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
imagine their reaction the first time they go to a doctor or emergency room and are charged the full amount....
Trojan Horse obamakkkare hasn't killed anyone yet...

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1007046 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Judy and Bob Lawson said hello...
Please give them my love, no life. Must be tough being as stupid as you are..Never been anywhere,done any thing, drawing that welfare check each month, on serious medication. Ahh I shouldn't be so hard on the handicapped. Lard ass. Night night.LMAO

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1007047 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have no idea how insurance works do you? The insured only pays the co-pay...not the full amount. That is why they have insurance.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1007048 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give them my love, no life. Must be tough being as stupid as you are..Never been anywhere,done any thing, drawing that welfare check each month, on serious medication. Ahh I shouldn't be so hard on the handicapped. Lard ass. Night night.LMAO
Funny how I spend a small amount of time here correcting the misinformation and lies presented by you and your communist ilk.

The demokRATic party is no longer the party of the "workers" and "laborers" now the party of the unemployed and loser...

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Orange, NJ

#1007049 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you're too stupid for me to waste any more time with.
No wait I'll add that__Taylor Swift is worth over one hundred million in real today dollars because why?
Jay Z has hundreds, if not thousands of employees and financial obligations that suck his net worth down to where he has to combine Beyonce's income to remain relevant.
Taylor Swift shops for antiques___while Jay Z works his ballz off for other folks.
Midnight Train to Georgia__one of the most popular songs in R&B history was written by some white dude named Jim Weatherly, Bob Seger's biggest hit, Against the Wind was written by a black dude named Maurice Williams. Neither song followed it's intended message.
Go figure.
You're lost on this stuff pal__stick with your RW posting pals.
I don't understand why you insist talking dumshit on a topic you know nothing about. Jay-z is worth more money than his wife &, Taylor Swift is not even in the same category, at all! What is wrong with you? I just told you that the man has owned his own label &, has been in the business for over 20yrs. The only money he spends is on distribution in which he signs a distribution deal with a major label (Def Jam) to distribute his albums. Taylor Swift is signed to a label, Jay-z signs people to his label. Jay-z is worth over$500 mill. He has his own clothing line (Rocawear). He has his own liquor(Ace of spade). He's produced his own movies &, even played in one or, two. He signed a deal with Sony with $125 mill a few years back &, you're comparing him to Taylor Swift! You're out your damn mind.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1007050 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the major TV networks are a complete wasteland...not more than two or three hours a week of worthwhile programming...
if you disagree, tell us what you like....
There is less than one degree of separation between Jerry Springer, Katie Couric and The View.

Same goes for Diane Sawyer, Charlie Rose and Brother Smiley.

If one tries to gauge the value of American culture by its TV programming, the result would be as close to zero as is humanly possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 214,440
Observations 1 hr A Noted Observer 21
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Retired SOF 987
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr GEORGIA 6,161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ize Found 70,604
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 102,003
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr tina anne 59,496
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages