Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006547 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The problem is with the millions who are still trying to access the site. Eventually the numbers will dwindle and the problems will go away.
they spent more on the exchange websites than is spent on Facebook. Facebook has by far more traffic, runs apps, integrates with other applications and websites, etc, and they don't have the issues. You sheep are amazing.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1006548 Oct 18, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell what high tech company doesn't encounter problems when they roll out a new product, even after spending millions in development. Now imagine the problems when rolling out a product for 300 million people, especially when you have a crowd hell bent of sabotaging that product.
heck, how many times have you read about vehicle recalls
or any product recalls for that matter.
The difference is a "privately owned" high tech company rolling out a major website and a "government-run" high school geek company.

Like pitting Andre the Giant with Andy Kaufmann, a woman wrestler.

The government can't do anything efficiently. They're politicians - not geniuses.

Until some of you get that, you're in for some even bigger and eye-opening surprises.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006549 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong...suppose that tens of thousands of people are spending every working hour try to foul up the system with repeated bogus inquiries...if so, the system is irreparably trashed, loaded with bogus applicants....like Obama's Twitter followers....
Well, it's no secret that Republicans are trying to foul up the system but they will get tired and/or the IT company will figure out a way to block repeat IP addresses. It will all work out.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006550 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Soo true lily.
AND... Here we have an incontinent old fart called ghost constantly banging his gums and keyboard complaining about others, dishonoring America's Veterans, and War heroes...

God. What a sorry ass life you have there, little old man...

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1006551 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Soo true lily.
President Obama ran on the healthcare issue; he delivered. He promised to get Bin Laden; he delivered. His accomplishments are immense; and the teabaggers know it.
What would Ted Cruz run on? Abolishing healthcare for Americans?
HAHAAAA! Go for it Ted.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006552 Oct 18, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just looking at this logically, if Republicans were so dang sure the ACA is going to be an unmitigated disaster wouldn't they hasten its implementation rather than try to either defund it or delay it.
That way it would fail sooner, and the GOP would be able to scream
I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Especially just before the 2014 elections.
However, if the ACA is beneficial to Americans and actually reduces medical costs then it would be a big success. If it is a success, that would be a disaster for Republicans. Undermining the ACA at all costs, to include ruining the country's credit rating, would be the logical course of action.
So what do you think the motivating factor for delaying/defunding the ACA is?
the GOP, my seat in Congress over the good of the country. Teabaggers, Proudly serving the KOCH brothers and not the country.
Well stated, and totally correct.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1006553 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You are illiterate of computers and web development you idiot...
Google is more sophisticated then a botched abortion like the obamcare website...
It's the culture...
Not sure what universe you live in, but in ours Murphy law applies

Google Toolbar 3 and Firefox launch problems .

https://groups.google.com/forum/ #!topic/FFToolbar-group-advanc ed/rQROXPL-vMg

Problem running Google Chrome - Google Product Forums

http://productforums.google.com/forum/ #!topic/chrome/wTBjIUsNGzI

Apple iPad launch marred by technical problems
The launch of Apple's long-awaited iPad tablet computer has been marred by reports that some users have experienced technical problems with the device.

https://groups.google.com/forum/ #!topic/FFToolbar-group-advanc ed/rQROXPL-vMg
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1006554 Oct 18, 2013
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Now that the government shutdown is over, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) plans to read the Affordable Care Act, he told reporters today.

“It’s definitely been on my must-read list for a while now,” Sen. Cruz said of the law often referred to as Obamacare.“Things have just been so hectic around here lately, I couldn’t get to it.”

The Texas Senator said that he started reading the law this morning and observed,“So far, it’s pretty dry.”

“It’s not a page-turner, that’s for sure,” he said.“But it’s caused so much controversy, it must have some pretty juicy stuff in it. I’ll keep reading it and see what I find.”

Sen. Cruz said that when he finishes reading the Affordable Care Act, he plans to read the United States Constitution.

“People kept bringing it up the last few weeks,” he said.“So I’m kind of curious to see what all the fuss is about.”
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1006555 Oct 18, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just looking at this logically, if Republicans were so dang sure the ACA is going to be an unmitigated disaster wouldn't they hasten its implementation rather than try to either defund it or delay it.
Only if you want to act like an irresponsible child whose ego was more important than an actual functioning system would anyone try to hoist something that was so terribly flawed on the American voter.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006556 Oct 18, 2013
Premeditated Murders wrote:
Matthew 24:37-39 ...'But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.'
So what was it like in the days of Noah, before he entered into the ark?... As in Days of Noah Genesis 6:5,11,12 ...'And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.'... So the earth in the days of Noah was full of people who did not know God, who walked after their own flesh, in the lusts of the flesh with evil, corrupt and violent ways. At this moment when God saw this great wickedness, He repented and was sorrowful that He had made man ... Genesis 6:6 ...'And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.'... We cannot imagine the anguish of our loving Heavenly Father when He looked down upon the earth and saw no one (except Noah) living a Godly life. It was so bad that God said ... Genesis 6:13 ...'The end of all flesh is come before me.'... God will only bare with people's wicked ways for so long, before Judgment comes upon them.
Let's just stop and pause for a moment and think about the number of people who were saved in Noah's day. Man lived for a long time before the flood, like Methuselah, who lived for 969 years! So the population of the earth would have been quite large, into many millions, and yet only 8 were saved! Just think about that, only 8 people truly trusted in God and followed His will. There must have been many others who believed in God and 'in their own eyes' served God, but just as Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 ...'Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.'... The same would have been true for many people in Noah's day. They would profess to be God's people, but in fact they were still walking in the flesh, living a life of sin and not obeying God's Commands.
Afterall, God said that man would have 120 years from the time He proclaimed that He would destroy the earth with the flood ... Genesis 6:3 ...'And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.'... Noah would have preached to many people during these years, while the ark was being built, but even though many may have been professing to follow God, they would not open their ears and hearts to the truth and the warning that Noah gave, and therefore perished in the flood.
<spam> Give it up already. Nobody is reading this garbage.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006557 Oct 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Galt, did you pay for your january coverage yet?
A smart shopper goes on the site, look at the best options. The then study those plans & compare it to what is available outside the exchanges. Some found what they wanted & paid. Some enrolled to pay later.
I looked at he exchanges for my employees. noted three possible plans. Will study these plans & discuss it with my insurance agent.
If you are a small business owner, the number of employees affect your rates substantially. Over half of all businesses have 9 or fewer employees.
When you go onto the exchanges as an employer, the number of employees is not relevant.
if you could read, you know the point was you can't "look at the best option" with supply personal information first.

I always new you liked obamacare cause you can dump your employees in the tax payer funded exchanges and save yourself money. Fckn moocher!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1006558 Oct 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is a "privately owned" high tech company rolling out a major website and a "government-run" high school geek company.
Like pitting Andre the Giant with Andy Kaufmann, a woman wrestler.
The government can't do anything efficiently. They're politicians - not geniuses.
Until some of you get that, you're in for some even bigger and eye-opening surprises.
so you are saying our Military is incompetent!

all police departments are run inefficiently
our Fire departments are staffed by incompetents

the Manhattan project was a dismal failure.
our national system of interstate highways was a boondoggle
Hoover dam was a fiasco
our inter-state railroad network is a disaster

The fact that the vast majority of Americans have access to clean fresh water is a myth.
That hundreds of millions of Americans don't have adequate sewage disposal and live in squalor.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1006559 Oct 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama ran on the healthcare issue; he delivered. He promised to get Bin Laden; he delivered. His accomplishments are immense; and the teabaggers know it.
What would Ted Cruz run on? Abolishing healthcare for Americans?
HAHAAAA! Go for it Ted.
on KOCH brother funds

DUH, too easy

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1006560 Oct 18, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
That way it would fail sooner, and the GOP would be able to scream
I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Especially just before the 2014 elections.
However, if the ACA is beneficial to Americans and actually reduces medical costs then it would be a big success. If it is a success, that would be a disaster for Republicans. Undermining the ACA at all costs, to include ruining the country's credit rating, would be the logical course of action.
So what do you think the motivating factor for delaying/defunding the ACA is?
the GOP, my seat in Congress over the good of the country. Teabaggers, Proudly serving the KOCH brothers and not the country.
Well, let me just use a metaphor.

Let's say you're a parent and you know that something someone in authority is telling you will be good for your child really isn't.

Do you sit back and say, okay, go ahead and inflict this on my child even though I know it's not good for them and then explain to your child why you didn't even try to stop it?

Or do you fight against it even though you know you're not going to win in the end but you have to tell your child you tried?

Republicans had to at least try to save the country.

Now any damage inflicted on the country is not on them but on the Democrats who were in authority who insisted on doing it anyway.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1006561 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's no secret that Republicans are trying to foul up the system but they will get tired and/or the IT company will figure out a way to block repeat IP addresses. It will all work out.
The fact that system cannot get right- what is now a few thousand people a day- says the delusion of claiming someone is causing the flawed system to dysfunction is nothing short of computer illiteracy and blind partisanship.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006562 Oct 18, 2013
Wall Street Journal

Obamacare woes widen as insurers get wrong data

By Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky

Insurers say the federal health-care marketplace is generating flawed data that is straining their ability to handle even the trickle of enrollees who have gotten through so far, in a sign that technological problems extend further than the website traffic and software issues already identified.

Emerging errors include duplicate enrollments, spouses reported as children, missing data fields and suspect eligibility determinations, say executives at more than a dozen health plans. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Nebraska said it had to hire temporary workers to contact new customers directly to resolve inaccuracies in submissions. Medical Mutual of Ohio said one customer had successfully signed up for three of its plans.

The flaws could do lasting damage to the law if customers are deterred from signing up or mistakenly believe they have obtained coverage.

“The longer this takes to resolve ... the harder it will be to get people to [come back and] sign up,” said Aetna Inc. Chief Executive Mark Bertolini.“It’s not off to a great start,” he said, though he believes the marketplaces are “here to stay.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1006563 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam> Give it up already. Nobody is reading this garbage.
I think Lois does.!!

Despite the characterizations of some, Obama’s success rate in winning congressional votes on issues was an unprecedented 96.7% for his first year in office. Though he is often cited as superior to Obama, President Lyndon Johnson’s success rate in 1965 was only 93%. http://n.pr/i3d7cY
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1006564 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly? You think the system wasn't tested before start up? You'd be right back where we are now. Just be patient. The open enrollment period doesn't end until March 31, 2014. Or, you could just pay the $95 fee and come back during the next enrollment period if it's bugging you so much.
Yes, we know it was tested and the decision was made to launch it anyway.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1006565 Oct 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Now that the government shutdown is over, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) plans to read the Affordable Care Act, he told reporters today.
“It’s definitely been on my must-read list for a while now,” Sen. Cruz said of the law often referred to as Obamacare.“Things have just been so hectic around here lately, I couldn’t get to it.”
The Texas Senator said that he started reading the law this morning and observed,“So far, it’s pretty dry.”
“It’s not a page-turner, that’s for sure,” he said.“But it’s caused so much controversy, it must have some pretty juicy stuff in it. I’ll keep reading it and see what I find.”
Sen. Cruz said that when he finishes reading the Affordable Care Act, he plans to read the United States Constitution.
“People kept bringing it up the last few weeks,” he said.“So I’m kind of curious to see what all the fuss is about.”
Cruz can read!!!!! who knew? I thought he just got his talking points from watch Faux News
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006566 Oct 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly? You think the system wasn't tested before start up? You'd be right back where we are now. Just be patient. The open enrollment period doesn't end until March 31, 2014. Or, you could just pay the $95 fee and come back during the next enrollment period if it's bugging you so much.
The concept behind the obamacare website is to cache websites on different Geographcal locations (states) to provide better /fast access and reduce load on core servers.

In other words for you novices, manage more load, from different states and traffic, meaning handling a high rate of visits on Linux web server using AkamaiGHost...

You know nothing of or how the internet works... and your opinions are worthless and illiterate.

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min IBdaMann 49,363
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Guru 182,178
Holiday Greetings 1 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 1 hr Negras all 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?